Why was this boy who called 911 twice left to die?

Go down

Why was this boy who called 911 twice left to die?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 pm

A 911 dispatcher who may have failed to provide crucial information to officers responding to the frantic calls of a trapped Ohio teen has been placed on administrative leave.

Kyle Plush, 16, was stuck inside his 2004 Honda Odyssey in a parking lot near Seven Hills School for hours before he was found dead on Tuesday night, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Plush was reportedly attempting to retrieve tennis equipment from the back seat of his minivan when a row of seats flipped up and over, pinning him upside down beneath them.

The dying sophomore student used his phone's voice recognition technology to call 911 twice during the horrifying ordeal since he was unable to use his hands.

"This is not a joke," he told an operator. "I am trapped inside a gold Honda Odyssey van in the parking lot of Seven Hills ... Send officers immediately. I'm almost dead.

"I probably don’t have much time left, so tell my mom that I love her if I die."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/911-dispatcher-suspended-ohio-teen-145021937.html

So sad -- he sounds like he was probably a very resourceful and warm young man.

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was this boy who called 911 twice left to die?

Post by magica on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

The dispatcher should be fired, not just suspended.

What a horrible thing to happen to the boy. If he held immediate help he would still be alive. No

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm

What was the dispatcher playing at for fuck sake? This is highly disturbing. This person’s only job was to take a call from someone in an emergency and organise help.
Clearly can’t do the job so fuck them off.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:10 pm

The boy called twice, the second time to give a more precise details.  The Dispatcher had already alerted Emergency Responders and they were on their way

The Dispatcher felt the report of the second call would not be necessary.  It turned out the second call included a more precise location.  The First Responders could not locate the accident, and the kid died.

You can't get good help these days.  Chief Isaacs wants to placate us with his professed grief-sharing.  We would be better served if he and his officers would more properly do their job.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:52 pm

The 911 dispatcher claims she was having computer problems, and the information of the second call could not be sent out to officers who were searching for the boy.  What is wrong with picking up the microphone and saying: "Hey numb-nuts, he's in the gold car at the back of the parking lot..."?  Do they no longer have radios in police cars?

I mean, the point is to get the job done when it comes to emergencies.  The point is not to fiddle around or continue with equipment that is malfunctioning.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down