Where is Maddog?

Go down

Where is Maddog?

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:18 am

Not seen him on for a while, hope he is okay. Anyone know what has happened to him?

He is one posted that certainly mixes things up on here and is sorely missed.

Hope he is back soon to rattle some more cages.

Cool

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by magica on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 am

Might be on hols fiesta

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2963
Join date : 2016-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 am

Yep, it’s nice to have a lone poster who thinks for himself.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by gelico on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:53 am



we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


gelico

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:19 am

Some are some are not....there will always be little pockets of stepford posters on a forum....thankfully not so many on here.

I like Maddog too. There are a few good posters who don't seem to be around lately.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16408
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:47 am

While I approve of positive threads about a person, it always invites disagreement...ie, the negative opinions about him or her. Then we've got a 'kick-him-while-he's-down' thread. For that reason I always cringe when I see a thread like this.

Maddog is missed, but I suspect he's still around. Give him a chance.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 pm

gelico wrote:

we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


No, we are not. That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:While I approve of positive threads about a person, it always invites disagreement...ie, the negative opinions about him or her.  Then we've got a 'kick-him-while-he's-down' thread.  For that reason I always cringe when I see a thread like this.

Maddog is missed, but I suspect he's still around.  Give him a chance.
That old saying "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"....would make for a very quiet forum most of the time. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16408
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:16 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Didge on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:53 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.


Everyone is unique Eddie and more so think for themselves and why I agree with gelico. Hence why its so insuting to claim others are not independent.

You have a bias, just as everyone does on who we are attracted too on their views as a person.

Its what has brought you and Ben together, which to be honest. Is a bonding of too very laid back people with strong caring and loving personalities. What is beautiful about that, is it works. The problem you have, is when you judge others, based off a standard you create. As if your uniqueness is above all others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not. What people fall into the trap of, is on what they believe and you are a victim of this too, espcially around your anti view and distrust of those medically trained. Which to me, and not insulting you. Has stemmed from losing your father and having one doctor claim, it was the chemo that killed him. Sorry he lied. There is no doubt that chemo weakened him, but it was not what killed him and without any treatment and I am sorry to say this, he would have died.

So what you do and others do, is lash out on this and i see it constantly on here with your views and others.

Gelico is right though, we all think for ourselves, but to me, its how each and everyone is influenced

You claim to be a skeptive, but are you truely, because do you actually be skeptical of what you believe in?

It bugs me no end, when you think you know better than medically trained people Eddie. i can never changed that and it will never make me not like you any less, but it shows how stubborn you can be.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm

magica wrote:
Might be on hols fiesta

Idea

Or in jail...


_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6151
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.


Everyone is unique Eddie and more so think for themselves and why I agree with gelico. Hence why its so insuting to claim others are not independent.

You have a bias, just as everyone does on who we are attracted too on their views as a person.

Its what has brought you and Ben together, which to be honest. Is a bonding of too very laid back people with strong caring and loving personalities. What is beautiful about that, is it works. The problem you have, is when you judge others, based off a standard you create. As if your uniqueness is above all others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not. What people fall into the trap of, is on what they believe and you are a victim of this too, espcially around your anti view and distrust of those medically trained. Which to me, and not insulting you. Has stemmed from losing your father and having one doctor claim, it was the chemo that killed him. Sorry he lied. There is no doubt that chemo weakened him, but it was not what killed him and without any treatment and I am sorry to say this, he would have died.

So what you do and others do, is lash out on this and i see it constantly on here with your views and others.

Gelico is right though, we all think for ourselves, but to me, its how each and everyone is influenced

You claim to be a skeptive, but are you truely, because do you actually be skeptical of what you believe in?

It bugs me no end, when you think you know better than medically trained people Eddie. i can never changed that and it will never make me not like you any less, but it shows how stubborn you can be.


Please don’t take this the wrong way but your post totally confused the hell out of me!
Firstly, I am kinda over my dad’s death, if im blatently honest, I rarely think about him, I was hardly a “family person” before he died and not much has changed tbh. I prefer my long term friends to my family - always have.
Secondly, ive no idea what Maddog thinks about chemo??? And I wasn’t talking about chemo? Or cancer. Or hospitals. Or doctors.

I merely meant that Maddog has no “gang”, no political “wing” and thinks a little outside of the box in regards to politics - thank the fucking lord someone does!

No idea why that wasn’t obviously what I meant. I’ve said it enough times on this forum.

And I do know there are some posters on here who find him baffling - just look around, my friend! Cool

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Vintage on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:45 am

Wow, all this from wondering where someone who hasn't posted for a while is.

Vintage

Posts : 1134
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:16 am

I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10041
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 am

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I’m pretty sure someone did somewhere. You’re always missed.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by magica on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 am

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I'm sure we all missed you Smile

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2963
Join date : 2016-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by gelico on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:30 am

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I dont post often enough to know if anyone's missing or not tbh

how are you feeling now, nicko?

gelico

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 am

A lot better thanks Gelico Smile
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10041
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum