Where is Maddog?

Go down

Where is Maddog?

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:18 am

Not seen him on for a while, hope he is okay. Anyone know what has happened to him?

He is one posted that certainly mixes things up on here and is sorely missed.

Hope he is back soon to rattle some more cages.

Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by magica on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 am

Might be on hols fiesta
magica
magica

Posts : 3041
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Yep, it’s nice to have a lone poster who thinks for himself.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by gelico on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:53 pm



we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


gelico

Posts : 2067
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:19 am

Some are some are not....there will always be little pockets of stepford posters on a forum....thankfully not so many on here.

I like Maddog too. There are a few good posters who don't seem to be around lately.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18156
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:47 am

While I approve of positive threads about a person, it always invites disagreement...ie, the negative opinions about him or her. Then we've got a 'kick-him-while-he's-down' thread. For that reason I always cringe when I see a thread like this.

Maddog is missed, but I suspect he's still around. Give him a chance.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27469
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:23 pm

gelico wrote:

we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


No, we are not. That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Syl on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:While I approve of positive threads about a person, it always invites disagreement...ie, the negative opinions about him or her.  Then we've got a 'kick-him-while-he's-down' thread.  For that reason I always cringe when I see a thread like this.

Maddog is missed, but I suspect he's still around.  Give him a chance.
That old saying "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"....would make for a very quiet forum most of the time. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18156
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

we are all lone posters who think for ourselves


No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:53 pm

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.


Everyone is unique Eddie and more so think for themselves and why I agree with gelico. Hence why its so insuting to claim others are not independent.

You have a bias, just as everyone does on who we are attracted too on their views as a person.

Its what has brought you and Ben together, which to be honest. Is a bonding of too very laid back people with strong caring and loving personalities. What is beautiful about that, is it works. The problem you have, is when you judge others, based off a standard you create. As if your uniqueness is above all others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not. What people fall into the trap of, is on what they believe and you are a victim of this too, espcially around your anti view and distrust of those medically trained. Which to me, and not insulting you. Has stemmed from losing your father and having one doctor claim, it was the chemo that killed him. Sorry he lied. There is no doubt that chemo weakened him, but it was not what killed him and without any treatment and I am sorry to say this, he would have died.

So what you do and others do, is lash out on this and i see it constantly on here with your views and others.

Gelico is right though, we all think for ourselves, but to me, its how each and everyone is influenced

You claim to be a skeptive, but are you truely, because do you actually be skeptical of what you believe in?

It bugs me no end, when you think you know better than medically trained people Eddie. i can never changed that and it will never make me not like you any less, but it shows how stubborn you can be.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:43 pm

magica wrote:
Might be on hols fiesta

Idea

Or in jail...


_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6807
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, we are not.  That’s why I said it about Maddog. He’s an independent.

A red because you’re jealous...anon Cool



That’s not directed at you Gels, you’re pretty unique yourself.


Everyone is unique Eddie and more so think for themselves and why I agree with gelico. Hence why its so insuting to claim others are not independent.

You have a bias, just as everyone does on who we are attracted too on their views as a person.

Its what has brought you and Ben together, which to be honest. Is a bonding of too very laid back people with strong caring and loving personalities. What is beautiful about that, is it works. The problem you have, is when you judge others, based off a standard you create. As if your uniqueness is above all others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not. What people fall into the trap of, is on what they believe and you are a victim of this too, espcially around your anti view and distrust of those medically trained. Which to me, and not insulting you. Has stemmed from losing your father and having one doctor claim, it was the chemo that killed him. Sorry he lied. There is no doubt that chemo weakened him, but it was not what killed him and without any treatment and I am sorry to say this, he would have died.

So what you do and others do, is lash out on this and i see it constantly on here with your views and others.

Gelico is right though, we all think for ourselves, but to me, its how each and everyone is influenced

You claim to be a skeptive, but are you truely, because do you actually be skeptical of what you believe in?

It bugs me no end, when you think you know better than medically trained people Eddie. i can never changed that and it will never make me not like you any less, but it shows how stubborn you can be.


Please don’t take this the wrong way but your post totally confused the hell out of me!
Firstly, I am kinda over my dad’s death, if im blatently honest, I rarely think about him, I was hardly a “family person” before he died and not much has changed tbh. I prefer my long term friends to my family - always have.
Secondly, ive no idea what Maddog thinks about chemo??? And I wasn’t talking about chemo? Or cancer. Or hospitals. Or doctors.

I merely meant that Maddog has no “gang”, no political “wing” and thinks a little outside of the box in regards to politics - thank the fucking lord someone does!

No idea why that wasn’t obviously what I meant. I’ve said it enough times on this forum.

And I do know there are some posters on here who find him baffling - just look around, my friend! Cool

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Vintage on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Wow, all this from wondering where someone who hasn't posted for a while is.

Vintage

Posts : 1694
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:16 pm

I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I’m pretty sure someone did somewhere. You’re always missed.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by magica on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 pm

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I'm sure we all missed you Smile
magica
magica

Posts : 3041
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by gelico on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:30 pm

nicko wrote:I didn't post for 14 days as I was in Hospital with Pneumonia, -------no bugger asked where I was, [sob]

I dont post often enough to know if anyone's missing or not tbh

how are you feeling now, nicko?

gelico

Posts : 2067
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 am

A lot better thanks Gelico Smile
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am

I took a little break. I decided to just post on one forum for a while. Thanks for the kind words. Smile

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4205
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by gelico on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Maddog wrote:I took a little break. I decided to just post on one forum for a while. Thanks for the kind words. Smile



great to see you again, Maddog

Happy 2019

cheers

gelico

Posts : 2067
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Maddog wrote:I took a little break. I decided to just post on one forum for a while. Thanks for the kind words. Smile


Well I am very glad you’re back. Can’t atop to chat though, I have to go to work and I’m actually falling asleep on my feet even though I just got up.


_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by phildidge on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Welcome back mate Laughing


phildidge

Posts : 4768
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm

I saw your name on another forum some time ago, cant remember what it was,want to tell me? If not welcome back anyhow !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm

It would have been Dogs Sleeping.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4205
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm

So one of my daughters got me a tablet for Christmas. Can't figure out how to reply to individual posts. Can't find emoticons either. No one has ever confused me for a technological wizard.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4205
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by phildidge on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Maddog wrote:So one of my daughters got me a tablet for Christmas.  Can't figure out how to reply to individual posts.   Can't find emoticons  either. No one has ever confused me for a technological  wizard.  


I think near the top, there is a switch mode mate. In how you view and reply on the forum

Could be wrong mind

Hope you get it worked out and happy and glad you are back

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 4768
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by eddie on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Maddog wrote:So one of my daughters got me a tablet for Christmas.  Can't figure out how to reply to individual posts.   Can't find emoticons  either. No one has ever confused me for a technological  wizard.  

I post on a tablet so if you need help pm me or post a thread (if you can work out how Razz ) on the technical section.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37182
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by nicko on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:07 am

That was the one Maddog, !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11295
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 am

Hi Maddog….nice to see you, to see you...... Cool

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18156
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Maddog?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 am

Good to have you back, Maddog!

_________________
Ben: "I think it's Pinot Noir mixed with Shiraz."

Eddie: "It's shit mixed with vomit."
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25628
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum