Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Go down

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by Didge on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm

[*]The White Hart in Grays, Essex, is allowed to keep the golliwog's behind the bar
[*]Thurrock Council launched a probe after receiving an anonymous complaint
[*]But landlord Chris Ryley and wife Bernice refused to remove the dolls
[*]Council officials confirmed that no further action will be taken against the pub

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5558963/Golliwogs-STAY-council-officials-rule-despite-complaints-pubs-doll-display.html#ixzz5B9hW3BRO 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:51 pm

So they have the continued choice of 'hanging' their gollywogs from the shelf....and people have the free choice to either drink there or not.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking in a pub where the landlord is so stuck in his outdated views, but if the pub is busy, obviously others don't mind.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by magica on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm

magica wrote:I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.

Well I don't see cabbage patch dolls as cabbages, but then I'm not a cabbage. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.

Well I don't see cabbage patch dolls as cabbages, but then I'm not a cabbage. Razz

You sure Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

You sure Twisted Evil

Cheeky mare. snobby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

You sure Twisted Evil

Cheeky mare. snobby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down