Woman is branded 'horrible' for rejecting her sister's efforts to meet up because they have 'no connection' (but do YOU think she's in the wrong?)

Go down

Woman is branded 'horrible' for rejecting her sister's efforts to meet up because they have 'no connection' (but do YOU think she's in the wrong?)

Post by Didge on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:10 pm

[*]A British woman took to Mumsnet to question retaining family relationships
[*]She revealed she doesn't like her sister and resents meeting up weekly 
[*]Users were divided over the importance of siblings remaining in contact 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5491523/Woman-branded-harsh-rejecting-sisters-efforts-friendship.html#ixzz5A1UoX8sp 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman is branded 'horrible' for rejecting her sister's efforts to meet up because they have 'no connection' (but do YOU think she's in the wrong?)

Post by Syl on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:37 pm

I don't think she is horrible, I do think she should be straight with her sister and tell her that she doesn't want to meet her on a regular basis...save the sister making all the pointless effort.

I have a sister I cant stand her, luckily the feeling is mutual so there are no attempts to meet on either side.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman is branded 'horrible' for rejecting her sister's efforts to meet up because they have 'no connection' (but do YOU think she's in the wrong?)

Post by Vintage on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Why would you want to meet up regularly with someone you don't like, even if it is a close relative, it only gives you more scope to really fall out. Meet up at family gatherings, be as civil as you can knowing you don't need to see them for a while again and peaceful existence is continued .

Vintage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Vintage wrote:Why would you want to meet up regularly with someone you don't like, even if it is a close relative, it only gives you more scope to really fall out. Meet up at family gatherings, be as civil as you can knowing you don't need to see them for a while again and peaceful existence is continued .

You are sensible Vintage. Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Just as you have a right to associate, you have a right to disassociate. In fact, it's an important tool in being a pleasant and good person, to know whom to keep at a distance...discretion being the better part of valor.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 pm

People always forget an important fact: you are lucky if you like your relatives, you’re only in each other’s lives by accident, you didn’t get to choose them.
That’s why friends are usually more important - we actually choose them.

“The great charm in argument is really finding one's own opinions, not other people's”
- Evelyn Waugh
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down