Cheeky Buggers!

Go down

Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I've just been asked to type in one of those verification codes.

I did post about 4 times very quickly, then did a new thread - when I hit send the verification code came up.

How dare this website ask me to do that - doesn't it know who I am?!

 :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by eddie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:48 pm

I'd like you to type what you see before I reply:

Fu6K O7f

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34370
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I've just been asked to type in one of those verification codes.

I did post about 4 times very quickly, then did a new thread - when I hit send the verification code came up.

How dare this website ask me to do that - doesn't it know who I am?!

 :D 

I haven't seen one of those here -- please report if it happens again, and if anybody else gets this, please report as well.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23828
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I've just been asked to type in one of those verification codes.

I did post about 4 times very quickly, then did a new thread - when I hit send the verification code came up.

How dare this website ask me to do that - doesn't it know who I am?!

 :D 

I haven't seen one of those here -- please report if it happens again, and if anybody else gets this, please report as well.

I've had it a couple of times, it's happened on other Forumotion sites as well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Hmmm ... it may just be the rapid-fire posting causing it to make sure you're human. In the "forum security" settings, we have this:

"Flood control. Delay between 2 messages, topics or private messages by a user.
Minimum : 10 - Maximum : 9999"

I've always had it set to the minimum of 10; best I can do, obviously.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23828
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Yeah as I said, I think it was because I posted a few times really quickly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:31 pm

eddie wrote:I'd like you to type what you see before I reply:

Fu6K O7f


 Razz 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:48 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Yeah as I said, I think it was because I posted a few times really quickly.
that's exactly what it is its to stop spam bots and is a host not a site feature

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cheeky Buggers!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum