A Chair On The Beach

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 am

"A Chair on the Beach" starts off as a humorous video but it leaves you thinking deeply about life.
Not everyone gets the same message, but some popular reactions include; open your life up to new experiences, leave your comfort zone to enjoy something wonderful, don't care what other people think, and always be willing to communicate and compromise.








https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/6959/A-Chair-On-The-Beach

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:03 pm

The guy with the paper is thinking....Fucking weirdo's.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8623
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Very un-American message. In America, ya knock the other guy off first, then winner takes all.

Isn't sharing a socialist ideal?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Syl on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:47 pm

I wouldn't share...who wants to have half an arse cheek hanging off a wooden chair that looks uncomfy in the first place?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17100
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Syl wrote:I wouldn't share...who wants to have half an arse cheek hanging off a wooden chair that looks uncomfy in the first place?

Yeah, really.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Syl on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Instead of sitting on a wobbly old chair why not just  strip off, run into the waves to frolic gregariously, then emerge and throw yourself onto the beach for a snog...'from here to eternity' style. cheers

Let the other guy have the seat and wonder where he went wrong.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17100
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:Instead of sitting on a wobbly old chair why not just  strip off, run into the waves to frolic gregariously, then emerge and throw yourself onto the beach for a snog...'from here to eternity' style. cheers

Let the other guy have the seat and wonder where he went wrong.


Yes. That sort of went through my mind too.

Naked. Sea. Sex (on the chair). Pizza.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Great song for this thread because it’s been playing in my head since I clicked on it:


_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Cleary the message trying to be protrayed here has been lost in translation by the replies made.

How badly did people center on the negative here and not any positive from what he thought?

It did however get people to think what would be seen as beautiful to them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:Very un-American message.  In America, ya knock the other guy off first, then winner takes all.

Isn't sharing a socialist ideal?

Sharing is a voluntary act. Socialism is force.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Very un-American message.  In America, ya knock the other guy off first, then winner takes all.

Isn't sharing a socialist ideal?

Sharing is a voluntary act. Socialism is force.  

Boom, great reply.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Very un-American message.  In America, ya knock the other guy off first, then winner takes all.

Isn't sharing a socialist ideal?

Sharing is a voluntary act. Socialism is force.  

Boom, great reply.

I agree. A green from me.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Very un-American message.  In America, ya knock the other guy off first, then winner takes all.

Isn't sharing a socialist ideal?

Sharing is a voluntary act. Socialism is force.  

Right!  And voluntary acts are for chumps, eh?  That's why they're called 'snowflakes'.

Vindicates my point: Americans don't do anything if it doesn't involve profit for them. The chair is a false narrative.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sharing is a voluntary act. Socialism is force.  

Right!  And voluntary acts are for chumps, eh?  That's why they're called 'snowflakes'.

Vindicates my point: Americans don't do anything if it doesn't involve profit for them.

So why do many Americans help people and not gain profit from this?

The only profit they gain is feeling good.

Maddog is right. Socialism forces people to do things, and thus lacks any meaning. Stalins form of sharing was ensuring Millians of Ukanians starved to death, whilst he continually had his fill.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Right!  And voluntary acts are for chumps, eh?  That's why they're called 'snowflakes'.

Vindicates my point: Americans don't do anything if it doesn't involve profit for them.

So why do many Americans help people and not gain profit from this?

The only profit they gain is feeling good.

Maddog is right. Socialism forces people to do things, and thus lacks any meaning. Stalins form of sharing was ensuring Millians of Ukanians starved to death, whilst he continually had his fill.

I don't know why it's unAmerican.  Someone should do a study on the origins of ideology. But Americans like to think of themselves as rugged individualists...any charitable act is a gain for the bums, and a loss to the individual.

Maddog changed the subject.  He wanted to co-opt my metaphor; my point is that socialism is considered, by Americans, as soft and squishy...like, well, snowflakes.  Voluntary act or not, sharing is not something that Americans do well.  They look down on it...like it is unmasculine.

We already have a debate going on socialism on another thread.  Here, I'm just viewing it through the eyes (ideology) of America.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

So why do many Americans help people and not gain profit from this?

The only profit they gain is feeling good.

Maddog is right. Socialism forces people to do things, and thus lacks any meaning. Stalins form of sharing was ensuring Millians of Ukanians starved to death, whilst he continually had his fill.

I don't know why it's unAmerican.  Someone should do a study on the origins of ideology.

Maddog changed the subject.  He wanted to co-opt my metaphor; my point is that socialism is considered, by Americans, as soft and squishy...like, well, snowflakes.  Voluntary act or not, sharing is not something that Americans do well.  They look down on it...like it is unmasculine.

We already have a debate going on socialism on another thread.  Here, I'm just viewing it through the eyes (ideology) of America.

He did nothing of the sort.
He easily rendered your left wing views, as Totalitarian.
This one statement has emotionally compremised you. Not because of it, but two people praised it.
That has angered you. Hence your absurd reply, making faklse assumptions, As if to defend you.
If Americans did not share, many would starve. Its because they are genereous, that many do not starve

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't know why it's unAmerican.  Someone should do a study on the origins of ideology.

Maddog changed the subject.  He wanted to co-opt my metaphor; my point is that socialism is considered, by Americans, as soft and squishy...like, well, snowflakes.  Voluntary act or not, sharing is not something that Americans do well.  They look down on it...like it is unmasculine.

We already have a debate going on socialism on another thread.  Here, I'm just viewing it through the eyes (ideology) of America.

He did nothing of the sort.
He easily rendered your left wing views, as Totalitarian.

See? Even you agree that he changed (you use the verb, "rendered") the subject.

Didge wrote:This one statement has emotionally compremised you. Not because of it, but two people praised it.

That has angered you.

It's not about me. I will take your comments as your agreement with my assessment of America.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

He did nothing of the sort.
He easily rendered your left wing views, as Totalitarian.

See?  Even you agree that he changed (you use the verb, "rendered") the subject.

Didge wrote:Have I? Or have you in your own head?

It's not about me.  I will take your comments as your agreement with my assessment of America.


You will take my views as in agreemnt?

Will you?

Did I actually agree with you on everything?

You are radical, fundemental by such a claim
As I dont agree on your assessment of America
I think you more care about me being in agreement with you. Not the actual problem itself

Now go back and either respond to my points or continue this attempt at creating a force field you want.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

So why do many Americans help people and not gain profit from this?

The only profit they gain is feeling good.

Maddog is right. Socialism forces people to do things, and thus lacks any meaning. Stalins form of sharing was ensuring Millians of Ukanians starved to death, whilst he continually had his fill.

I don't know why it's unAmerican.  Someone should do a study on the origins of ideology.  But Americans like to think of themselves as rugged individualists...any charitable act is a gain for the bums, and a loss to the individual.

Maddog changed the subject.  He wanted to co-opt my metaphor; my point is that socialism is considered, by Americans, as soft and squishy...like, well, snowflakes.  Voluntary act or not, sharing is not something that Americans do well.  They look down on it...like it is unmasculine.

We already have a debate going on socialism on another thread.  Here, I'm just viewing it through the eyes (ideology) of America.

I consider socialism as force.

That's hardly soft and squishy.


_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:47 pm

BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:09 am

Maddog wrote:BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink


Umm NO
we all VOTED to share, the Citizens Campaigned and pushed for Sharing.
You guys can't even agree to Stop Blowing each others brains out, and starving each other and Letting each other die of Basic Illness.
I don't care what Dumb ass Propaganda you've been feed the USA is NO WHERE NEAR the most sharing in any way shape or form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Cass on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 am

HoratioTarr wrote:The guy with the paper is thinking....Fucking weirdo's.

That’s what I think lol!

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink


Umm NO
we all VOTED to share, the Citizens Campaigned and pushed for Sharing.
You guys can't even agree to Stop Blowing each others brains out, and starving each other and Letting each other die of Basic Illness.
I don't care what Dumb ass Propaganda you've been feed the USA is NO WHERE NEAR the most sharing in any way shape or form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Exactly my point.  The US value-ideology is built on selfishness (called the capitalist system) and there's no room within selfishness for sharing.  It's considered a red badge of courage to withhold any sort of charitable contribution to your neighbors.  Look at healthcare.  Conservative Americans have tried over 60 times to withhold what is essentially, saving your neighbor's life.  Is that sharing???

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink


Umm NO
we all VOTED to share, the Citizens Campaigned and pushed for Sharing.
You guys can't even agree to Stop Blowing each others brains out, and starving each other and Letting each other die of Basic Illness.
I don't care what Dumb ass Propaganda you've been feed the USA is NO WHERE NEAR the most sharing in any way shape or form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Exactly my point.  The US value-ideology is built on selfishness (called the capitalist system) and there's no room within selfishness for sharing.  It's considered a red badge of courage to withhold any sort of charitable contribution to your neighbors.  Look at healthcare.  Conservative Americans have tried over 60 times to withhold what is essentially, saving your neighbor's life.  Is that sharing???

exactly
Maddog seems to be under the delusion that we have socialist policies by Accident or some one forced us too as opposed the reality of Grass roots Campaigns driven by the People(often Unions through the Labor party) to create these services. Wink
it is the total Opposite we see the cut-throat dog eat dog existence of Americans and Say "NO THANK YOU!!!!!" More accuratly Aussies say "Fuck that shit", we'd prefer to look after our fellow citizens and put Humans before Corporate profit Cool

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:14 am

sunny

The great "American  Dream" would be to forcibly lay claim to that chair, then charge all comers $2/half hour to sit on it...

The Brit's would say "how uncouth !",  and keep on walking along the beach..

The Aussies would say "Fuck you, Septic !", move up into the dunes and start throwing their empty beer bottles at the chair's new concessionairre/"owners".          Cool

The Japanese would ask how they could mass-produce a few more chairs, and sell them to anyone who wants one..

And then that innovative Jap' entrepreneur would 'offshore' their production into China, to lower their per/unit costs even further...


_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by nicko on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:56 am

And the Chinese one would be painted with Lead based paint and collapse as soon as sat on !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10500
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 am

Maddog wrote:
BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink

Rolling Eyes

Total bullshit,  yet again...

Where's your evidence to back your outright lie..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:
BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink

Rolling Eyes

Total bullshit,  yet again...

Where's your evidence to back your outright lie..

You could Google it. I know it's a fact because I have researched it.

I have no obligation to do tour research for you, not shall I .

Hope you don't like that. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink


Umm NO
we all VOTED to share, the Citizens Campaigned and pushed for Sharing.
You guys can't even agree to Stop Blowing each others brains out, and starving each other and Letting each other die of Basic Illness.
I don't care what Dumb ass Propaganda you've been feed the USA is NO WHERE NEAR the most sharing in any way shape or form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Voting doesn't make it voluntary for the minorities in each election.

Voluntary means there is no legal requirement to engage in that activity.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Paying your taxes does not make one a noble human.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Maddog wrote:Paying your taxes does not make one a noble human.  

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support. Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world. But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25990
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Paying your taxes does not make one a noble human.  

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support.  Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world.  But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

If I could get away without paying taxes, I would.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support.  Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world.  But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

If I could get away without paying taxes, I would.

You sound like an American colonist around 1775. Cool

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support.  Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world.  But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

If I could get away without paying taxes, I would.

You sound like an American colonist around 1775.  Cool

I’ve often been told that. Must be my hat.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Total bullshit,  yet again...

Where's your evidence to back your outright lie..

You could Google it. I know it's a fact because I have researched it.  

I have no obligation to do tour research for you, not shall I .  

Hope you don't like that.  Wink

Rolling Eyes

And, I still call your bullshit lies out for what they are...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You could Google it. I know it's a fact because I have researched it.  

I have no obligation to do tour research for you, not shall I .  

Hope you don't like that.  Wink

Rolling Eyes

And, I still call your bullshit lies out for what they are...

You can do anything that makes you feel better. alien

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm feeling generous and shall help those incapable of doing a minor amount of research. Guess it's because I'm American.   Wink

America has been named as the world’s most generous nation in the world, where its citizens give the most to charity, according to a new report.

The USA, New Zealand and Canada have the highest rate of charitable donations as a percentage gross domestic product (GDP), the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) found.

The UK had the fourth highest rate of charitable donations in a study of 24 nations and topped all other EU countries that were looked at.

CAF’s report took data from countries accounting for around 75 per cent of global GDP and 53 per cent of the world population.



http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/america-new-zealand-and-canada-top-list-of-world-s-most-generous-nations-a6849221.html


You're welcome Wolfie.  Cool

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Paying your taxes does not make one a noble human.  

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support.  Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world.  But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

exactly
it not about being Noble it is just meeting the minimal standard for being a decent human Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:20 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, but failing to pay taxes makes one ignoble.  It's is like failing to pay child support.  Maybe you didn't mean to get that woman pregnant, or bring that child into the world.  But now it's here, and it's your obligation.

exactly
it not about being Noble it is just meeting the minimal standard for being a decent human Wink

Oh look. More virtue signaling.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:BTW, Americans share voluntarily more than anyone on the planet.  Wink


Umm NO
we all VOTED to share, the Citizens Campaigned and pushed for Sharing.
You guys can't even agree to Stop Blowing each others brains out, and starving each other and Letting each other die of Basic Illness.
I don't care what Dumb ass Propaganda you've been feed the USA is NO WHERE NEAR the most sharing in any way shape or form Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Voting doesn't make it voluntary for the minorities in each election.  

Voluntary means there is no legal requirement to engage in that activity.  

Only to suit your false claims Rolling Eyes

No one that can see would ever suggest the USA is more charitable
it is one of the least charitable western nations
Proven by the sorrowful conditions it's citizens live under

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:27 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Voting doesn't make it voluntary for the minorities in each election.  

Voluntary means there is no legal requirement to engage in that activity.  

Only to suit your false claims Rolling Eyes

No one that can see would ever suggest the USA is more charitable
it is one of the least charitable western nations
Proven by the sorrowful conditions it's citizens live under

Scroll back a few posts. No

Or should I repost it for you. I'm feeling charitable for the less capable today. Cool

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Voting doesn't make it voluntary for the minorities in each election.  

Voluntary means there is no legal requirement to engage in that activity.  

Only to suit your false claims Rolling Eyes

No one that can see would ever suggest the USA is more charitable
it is one of the least charitable western nations
Proven by the sorrowful conditions it's citizens live under

Scroll back a few posts. No

Or should I repost it for you. I'm feeling charitable for the less capable today. Cool  

Based on Americans response to (not ACTUAL Donations or Charitable acts towards fellow citizens )

Gallup asked people which of the following three charitable acts they had undertaken in the past month:[4]
helped a stranger, or someone they didn’t know who needed help?
donated money to a charity?
volunteered your time to an organisation?

And USA came 2nd Aussies 3rd
and it hasn't taken into account that American rely on charities for what are freely given citizens rights in Australia Cool

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Scroll back a few posts. No

Or should I repost it for you. I'm feeling charitable for the less capable today. Cool  

Based on Americans response to (not ACTUAL Donations or Charitable acts towards fellow citizens )

Gallup asked people which of the following three charitable acts they had undertaken in the past month:[4]
helped a stranger, or someone they didn’t know who needed help?
donated money to a charity?
volunteered your time to an organisation?

And USA came 2nd Aussies 3rd
and it hasn't taken into account that American rely on charities for what are freely given citizens rights in Australia  Cool

Yes, there are different methodologies for conducting the survey.

Americans always come out at, or very near the top.

Glad you don't like it.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:01 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Scroll back a few posts. No

Or should I repost it for you. I'm feeling charitable for the less capable today. Cool  

Based on Americans response to (not ACTUAL Donations or Charitable acts towards fellow citizens )

Gallup asked people which of the following three charitable acts they had undertaken in the past month:[4]
helped a stranger, or someone they didn’t know who needed help?
donated money to a charity?
volunteered your time to an organisation?

And USA came 2nd Aussies 3rd
and it hasn't taken into account that American rely on charities for what are freely given citizens rights in Australia  Cool

Yes, there are different methodologies for conducting the survey.

Americans always come out at, or very near the top.

Glad you don't like it.  

well of course the USA thinks it's highly charitable when you need charity to cover the systematic failure of your nation to look after it's citizens. Many of your fellow citizens make the same mistake as you do, but civilized peoples don't mistake 'basic Humanity toward Their fellow citizens' with being Charitable.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes, there are different methodologies for conducting the survey.

Americans always come out at, or very near the top.

Glad you don't like it.  

well of course the USA thinks it's highly charitable when you need charity to cover the systematic failure of your nation to look after it's citizens.  Many of your fellow citizens make the same mistake as you do, but civilized peoples don't mistake 'basic Humanity toward Their fellow citizens' with being Charitable.  

We give to citizens all over the planet.

Voluntarily, which is an actual measure of compassion, unlike paying your taxes. tongue

It's amazing how little you know about the country you hate so much. Cool

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:09 am

LOL
I don't hate America
but I don't feel the need to continue with obvious bullshit that it is a Nice or good place, it is clearly a sick society that needs intervention, cause kids are supposed to Worry about First Girlfriends and Finals Not Being Shot in class. the fact that Breaking Bad is a possible storyline is testament to how badly the systems have failed the people.

AND like Quill said
Sharing is Un-American
You literally send you culture out on TVs all over the world,
we see what Americans consider 'normal' we see the blatant brainwashing and propaganda it produces for it's own citizens consumption.
and many of us a horrified by what Americans consider freedoms.

But you keep Drinking to Cool-aide cause you love your guns more than being responsible or striving for a better society Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 am

veya_victaous wrote:LOL
I don't hate America
but I don't feel the need to continue with obvious bullshit that it is a Nice or good place, it is clearly a sick society that needs intervention, cause kids are supposed to Worry about First Girlfriends and Finals Not Being Shot in class. the fact that Breaking Bad is a possible storyline is testament to how badly the systems have failed the people.  

AND like Quill said
Sharing is Un-American
You literally send you culture out on TVs all over the world,
we see what Americans consider 'normal' we see the blatant brainwashing and propaganda it produces for it's own citizens consumption.
and many of us a horrified by what Americans consider freedoms.

But you keep Drinking to Cool-aide cause you love your guns more than being responsible or striving for a better society  Wink

Thanks. Keep on doing whatever makes you happy down there.

Sharing is American. Being forced to share isn't.

And "Breaking Bad"?

Are you fucking talking about a TV show?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:LOL
I don't hate America
but I don't feel the need to continue with obvious bullshit that it is a Nice or good place, it is clearly a sick society that needs intervention, cause kids are supposed to Worry about First Girlfriends and Finals Not Being Shot in class. the fact that Breaking Bad is a possible storyline is testament to how badly the systems have failed the people.  

AND like Quill said
Sharing is Un-American
You literally send you culture out on TVs all over the world,
we see what Americans consider 'normal' we see the blatant brainwashing and propaganda it produces for it's own citizens consumption.
and many of us a horrified by what Americans consider freedoms.

But you keep Drinking to Cool-aide cause you love your guns more than being responsible or striving for a better society  Wink

Thanks. Keep on doing whatever makes you happy down there.

Sharing is American. Being forced to share isn't.

And "Breaking Bad"?  

Are you fucking talking about a TV show?  

Yes, One with the very Foreign Plot that someone can't access medical treatment due to financial reasons Cool
I Believe the fella is forced to turn to Crime because his Society Failed him so badly...

not that I have watched it silent

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 am



Maddog happily ignores the fact that more American citizens rely on charity compared with other Western countries for one simple reason --  the USA's totally fucked and failing barely-there welfare system...

While his libertarian freedom to give, or not, means that much of that charity is only going into favoured charities  --  and rarely ends up where it's most needed..

When in doubt, follow the money trail.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6432
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Maddog happily ignores the fact that more American citizens rely on charity compared with other Western countries for one simple reason --  the USA's totally fucked and failing barely-there welfare system...

While his libertarian freedom to give, or not, means that much of that charity is only going into favoured charities  --  and rarely ends up where it's most needed..

When in doubt, follow the money trail.

And he doesn't seem to care for my Charitable concern for the welfare of American people

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chair On The Beach

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum