Canada's first female prime minister criticises women for having bare arms on television

Go down

Canada's first female prime minister criticises women for having bare arms on television

Post by Didge on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Kim Campbell, the first female Prime Minister of Canada, has caused outrage in the country after criticising female newsreaders for having bare arms on television.

Ms Campbell, who served briefly as Prime Minister in 1993, said that women who wear sleeveless dresses "undermine [their] credibility and gravitas".

She tweeted: "I am struck by how many women on television news wear sleeveless dresses- often when sitting with suited men. I have always felt it was demeaning to the women and this suggests that I am right. Bare arms undermine credibility and gravitas!"

This caused her to be ridiculed, with women saying they wanted the right to "bare arms."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/14/canadas-first-female-prime-ministers-criticises-women-having/

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's first female prime minister criticises women for having bare arms on television

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Kim Campbell..(who?) Canada's PM for 5 months decades ago.
Queen Elizabeth, reigned (so far)   for 65 years.

Enough said.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's first female prime minister criticises women for having bare arms on television

Post by Cass on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Who is she again???? Rolling Eyes lol!

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Bare arms are the devil's workshop.

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down