the Hunter became the Hunted

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 am

A suspected poacher was mauled to death and eaten by a pack of lions close to the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police said Monday, adding that little was left of the victim's body.

The remains were found at the weekend in the bush at a private game park near Hoedspruit in the northern province of Limpopo, where animals have been poached in increasing numbers over recent years.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions. They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

A loaded hunting rifle was found near the body on Saturday morning. Police are trying to establish the victim's identity.

Last year, several lions were found poisoned near a farm in the same province with their heads and paws sawn off.

Lion body parts are used in traditional medicine.

Poachers also often target rhinoceroses in South Africa's game parks to feed a booming demand for rhino horn in China, Vietnam and other Asian countries, where it is believed to have medicinal qualities.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/suspected-poacher-eaten-by-lions-in-south-africa/ar-BBJ2gJ1?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=ientp

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 am

Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my, when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm

eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

Killing to eat and killing for fun are entirely different.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8212
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by magica on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Hunter got what he deserved. He didn't get his trophy, he became their meal instead.

No pity for him.
avatar
magica

Posts : 3001
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Just got back from Doctors, saw a group of people looking at something in Gutter. It was a Wood Pigeon, hit by a car I think. One wing almost torn off, a Women said "i rang the RSPCA a half hour ago but they were not interested". How long had the poor little sod been lying there with people just staring at it? I picked it up and broke it's neck killing it instantly. I was then met with cries of "You cruel bugger" and other remarks. Did I do right?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by magica on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Yes you did Nic, you doing that was kinder than watching him die slowly.
avatar
magica

Posts : 3001
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

Killing to eat and killing for fun are entirely different.

That’s not what I meant. I just think most people who say they are animal-lovers should rethink what that actually means.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 pm

magica wrote:Hunter got what he deserved. He didn't get his trophy, he became their meal instead.

No pity for him.

Live by the sword; die by the sword.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25528
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
A suspected poacher was mauled to death and eaten by a pack of lions close to the Kruger National Park in South Africa, police said Monday, adding that little was left of the victim's body.

The remains were found at the weekend in the bush at a private game park near Hoedspruit in the northern province of Limpopo, where animals have been poached in increasing numbers over recent years.

"It seems the victim was poaching in the game park when he was attacked and killed by lions. They ate his body, nearly all of it, and just left his head and some remains," Limpopo police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe told AFP.

A loaded hunting rifle was found near the body on Saturday morning. Police are trying to establish the victim's identity.

Last year, several lions were found poisoned near a farm in the same province with their heads and paws sawn off.

Lion body parts are used in traditional medicine.

Poachers also often target rhinoceroses in South Africa's game parks to feed a booming demand for rhino horn in China, Vietnam and other Asian countries, where it is believed to have medicinal qualities.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/suspected-poacher-eaten-by-lions-in-south-africa/ar-BBJ2gJ1?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=ientp

A poacher is not a hunter any more than a shoplifter is a shopper.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?

I’m really just wondering aloud.

What a Face

I know you're not particularly interested in environmental protection, or conservation efforts, or biodiversity, or animal "rights", eddie...

But really, conflating poaching and the death of a poacher on one hand, with some vacuous and hypocritical Vegan' bullshit propaganda over farmed animals on the other hand..

Poaching threatens species, is often much more cruel than either 'ethical' hunting or 'halal' slaughter, and is a criminal act, often threatening the local environment and communities as well as the animals (or plants..) themselves.  I would place many poachers on the same level as the worst criminals, when the total overall effects of their enterprises are tallied up...


Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6298
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

Killing to eat and killing for fun are entirely different.

Do you think it matters to the thing being killed?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

Killing to eat and killing for fun are entirely different.

Do you think it matters to the thing being killed?  

This is what I mean. It’s like two different laws for animal-lovers, according to which tastes better.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Cass on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Oh dear. Naughty lion.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Do you think it matters to the thing being killed?  

This is what I mean. It’s like two different laws for animal-lovers, according to which tastes better.

Or which looks cuter in a Disney movie.

Texans have declared all out war on pigs. We are using helicopters, dogs, traps and everything at out disposal to kill the damn things. But pigs are generally considered ugly so there is little outcry when someone goes out and blasts 20 of them and lets the buzzards have them.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:
Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?

I’m really just wondering aloud.

What a Face

I know you're not particularly interested in environmental protection, or conservation efforts, or biodiversity, or animal "rights", eddie...

But really, conflating poaching and the death of a poacher on one hand, with some vacuous and hypocritical Vegan' bullshit propaganda over farmed animals on the other hand..

Poaching threatens species, is often much more cruel than either 'ethical' hunting or 'halal' slaughter, and is a criminal act, often threatening the local environment and communities as well as the animals (or plants..) themselves.  I would place many poachers on the same level as the worst criminals, when the total overall effects of their enterprises are tallied up...


Wolf. I don’t know if you know this, but there’s a a lot more of that stuff you walk on called “land” outside of the land you live on. And that land extends all the way across our planet and guess what? Not all land is the same!

Now, you know fart fuck all about farming in England, do you? Or how animals are treated and how they are kept.

Plus you still live in some other decade apparently, where time stood still awhile and all you have learned needs updating.
ASAP dude.

Oh and you have a big old chip on your shoulder about vegetarians and vegans. Not sure why.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Do you think it matters to the thing being killed?  

This is what I mean. It’s like two different laws for animal-lovers, according to which tastes better.

Or which looks cuter in a Disney movie.  

Texans have declared all out war on pigs.  We are using helicopters, dogs, traps and everything at out disposal to kill the damn things.  But pigs are generally considered ugly so there is little outcry when someone goes out and blasts 20 of them and lets the buzzards have them.  

There you go then.
Personally I don’t give a fuck about animal rights and welfare because tbh they come far down my list of things to be worrying about - I put humans first - but then I don’t pretend when I think it matters either.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Or which looks cuter in a Disney movie.  

Texans have declared all out war on pigs.  We are using helicopters, dogs, traps and everything at out disposal to kill the damn things.  But pigs are generally considered ugly so there is little outcry when someone goes out and blasts 20 of them and lets the buzzards have them.  

There you go then.  
Personally I don’t give a fuck about animal rights and welfare because tbh they come far down my list of things to be worrying about - I put humans first - but then I don’t pretend when I think it matters either.


Yeah, the anti hunters are some of the biggest hypocrites around. I have 3 daughters. 2 of them have no issues with shooting animals. The youngest loves to eat them, but does not want to kill them. As a meat eater she accepts hunting as part of the circle of life. She understands conservation. However, up to this point of her life (21), she has decided that she will leave the harvesting of animals to other people and she will only shoot paper targets.

She doesn't run around judging people who harvest animals because it's not something she wants to do while she dines on venison. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:55 pm

I love Vegetarians, couldn't eat a whole one though !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:55 pm

I love Vegetarians, couldn't eat a whole one though !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm

nicko wrote:Just got back from Doctors, saw a group of people looking at something in Gutter.    It was a Wood Pigeon,  hit by a car I think.   One wing almost torn off, a Women said "i rang the RSPCA a half hour ago but they were not interested".   How long had the poor little sod been lying there with people just staring at it?   I picked it up and broke it's neck killing it instantly.  I was then met with cries of "You cruel bugger" and other remarks.   Did I do right?

100%....I wish I could do that...I just cant even though I know its pathetic.

As for the poacher being eaten....I cant find much sympathy for him I'm afraid.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16846
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm

nicko wrote:Just got back from Doctors, saw a group of people looking at something in Gutter.    It was a Wood Pigeon,  hit by a car I think.   One wing almost torn off, a Women said "i rang the RSPCA a half hour ago but they were not interested".   How long had the poor little sod been lying there with people just staring at it?   I picked it up and broke it's neck killing it instantly.  I was then met with cries of "You cruel bugger" and other remarks.   Did I do right?

My ex was a copper.  One night he ran over a cat in the police car.   Upon inspection, poor critter was half dead with its hind legs squashed into the tarmac.   Out comes the truncheon.   Police woman partner was crying uncontrollably with each horrific merciful blow.  God knows what that looked like to any passerby.


Last edited by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8212
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 pm

I could have cried when the first mouse we caught in the humane trap was dead. Sad

I envy people who can put animals beyond help out of their misery, its the right thing to do.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16846
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:I could have cried when the first mouse we caught in the humane trap was dead. Sad

I envy people who can put animals beyond help out of their misery, its the right thing to do.

I don't think it's nice to have to kill something but if I was starving I'd kill and eat my own meat. Most people would. Even a bloody vegan
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8212
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Eddie says," I don't give a fuck about Animal rights"

Sad, very sad.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:17 pm

nicko wrote:I love Vegetarians,     couldn't eat a whole one though !

That's what Groucho Marx said about children! Damn right, though.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 pm

nicko wrote:Just got back from Doctors, saw a group of people looking at something in Gutter.    It was a Wood Pigeon,  hit by a car I think.   One wing almost torn off, a Women said "i rang the RSPCA a half hour ago but they were not interested".   How long had the poor little sod been lying there with people just staring at it?   I picked it up and broke it's neck killing it instantly.  I was then met with cries of "You cruel bugger" and other remarks.   Did I do right?

Yes. No question about it. I would have done the same (in fact I have done so on a number of occasions, including shooting badly injured badgers, foxes and barking deer hit by cars along our country lane.)
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm

nicko wrote:Eddie says,"  I don't give a fuck about Animal rights"

Sad, very sad.

And by not eating them, I’m helping their rights more than you, right? Rolling Eyes

Nicko, I’m not a liar. I could sit here and drone on about how much I love animals but I prefer humans and saving their lives over animals. What do you do to help animals?


_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm

What do I do to help Animals? I send money to the Cats protection charity, ditto the PDSA. I also help relocate ex laying chickens witch the egg producing farms have no more use for ! What do you do?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 am

eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

that's simple
it is about Rarity and Endangered status Wink

there a Billions of cows, sheep and chickens etc
all raised and looked after by humans.

And seriously why do you keep dissing Farmers?
Most take great care of their animals, that have a far nicer life than a wild animal which live in constant threat of predation and starvation

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

that's simple
it is about Rarity and Endangered status Wink

there a Billions of cows, sheep and chickens etc
all raised and looked after by humans.

And seriously why do you keep dissing Farmers?
Most take great care of their animals, that have a far nicer life than a wild animal which live in constant threat of predation and starvation

Really? Lets compare a cow and a deer.

Cows are fenced in, and forced to live where someone else dictates. If they are born male, 99% have their balls cut off and are killed once they stop putting on weight. The females only have one male they can breed with, and have their babies taken away when they are young. Now, they do have free medical attention and are fed all they want.

Deer are not fenced in, live where they want, and never have their balls cut off. The breed with whom they want and have a fairly decent chance of dying of old age. The females keep their young until they are ready to run them off. Of course this freedom comes with no guarantees.

It's fairly obvious that if you and I were to be animals in out next life, you would prefer the security of being a cow, while I would prefer the freedom of being a deer. tongue

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 am

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:Eddie says,"  I don't give a fuck about Animal rights"

Sad, very sad.

And by not eating them, I’m helping their rights more than you, right? Rolling Eyes

Nicko, I’m not a liar. I could sit here and drone on about how much I love animals but I prefer humans and saving their lives over animals. What do you do to help animals?


Nope
If you where Buying free range ethically sourced meat you would be doing more for animals rights because you would be providing the financial imperative for farmers to have the better Conditions for their animals. By abstaining you are not affecting the conditions for animals at all.

And for the record I prefer Animals to humans, I have been a supporter of Humane society for Animals and rainforest rescue Since Uni. I care more about saving endangered species and habitats than human lives Smile

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:

And by not eating them, I’m helping their rights more than you, right? Rolling Eyes

Nicko, I’m not a liar. I could sit here and drone on about how much I love animals but I prefer humans and saving their lives over animals. What do you do to help animals?


Nope
If you where Buying free range ethically sourced meat you would be doing more for animals rights because you would be providing the financial imperative for farmers to have the better Conditions for their animals. By abstaining you are not affecting the conditions for animals at all.

And for the record I prefer Animals to humans, I have been a supporter of Humane society for Animals and rainforest rescue Since Uni. I care more about saving endangered species and habitats than human lives Smile

Cool

What veya said...

tongue

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6298
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are people bothered about poaching lions and tigers, oh my,  when they eat the meat of animals who are kept in such awful conditions?
I mean I eat eggs, right? And those hens (even though I buy the best free range I can) are still kept in shitty nasty conditions. So would it make me a hypocrite if I started to care immensely about some lion, somewhere?


I’m really just wondering aloud.

that's simple
it is about Rarity and Endangered status Wink

there a Billions of cows, sheep and chickens etc
all raised and looked after by humans.

And seriously why do you keep dissing Farmers?
Most take great care of their animals, that have a far nicer life than a wild animal which live in constant threat of predation and starvation

Really? Lets compare a cow and a deer.

Cows are fenced in, and forced to live where someone else dictates. If they are born male, 99% have their balls cut off and are killed once they stop putting on weight. The females only have one male they can breed with, and have their babies taken away when they are young. Now, they do have free medical attention and are fed all they want.

Deer are not fenced in, live where they want, and never have their balls cut off. The breed with whom they want and have a fairly decent chance of dying of old age. The females keep their young until they are ready to run them off. Of course this freedom comes with no guarantees.    

It's fairly obvious that if you and I were to be animals in out next life, you would prefer the security of being a cow, while I would prefer the freedom of being a deer.   tongue  

the Deer are shot and chased out of paddocks for Cows.
if there is drought (common here) the deer die by the dozens.
if a Dog kills a deer it's a good boy, if it kills a cow/sheep it's shot.

So 'NICER' is probably accurate.

PLUS here cows are grass fed and have paddocks far bigger than US cattle (which tend to be grain fed since they are kept in over crowded paddocks) SO part of the point was Ethically sourced which would mean grass fed with plenty of space.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Really? Lets compare a cow and a deer.

Cows are fenced in, and forced to live where someone else dictates. If they are born male, 99% have their balls cut off and are killed once they stop putting on weight. The females only have one male they can breed with, and have their babies taken away when they are young. Now, they do have free medical attention and are fed all they want.

Deer are not fenced in, live where they want, and never have their balls cut off. The breed with whom they want and have a fairly decent chance of dying of old age. The females keep their young until they are ready to run them off. Of course this freedom comes with no guarantees.    

It's fairly obvious that if you and I were to be animals in out next life, you would prefer the security of being a cow, while I would prefer the freedom of being a deer.   tongue  

the Deer are shot and chased out of paddocks for Cows.
if there is drought (common here) the deer die by the dozens.
if a Dog kills a deer it's a good boy, if it kills a cow/sheep it's shot.

So 'NICER' is probably accurate.  

PLUS here cows are grass fed and have paddocks far bigger than US cattle (which tend to be grain fed since they are kept in over crowded paddocks) SO part of the point was Ethically sourced which would mean grass fed with plenty of space.

Cows are grass fed here until they are sold. Then they are fed grain for a few weeks and killed.

Yes, there is more risk being a deer, but far less freedom. I know how you feel about risk and freedom. tongue

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:46 am

@eddie
If you kill Spiders why care about Chickens? tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Really? Lets compare a cow and a deer.

Cows are fenced in, and forced to live where someone else dictates. If they are born male, 99% have their balls cut off and are killed once they stop putting on weight. The females only have one male they can breed with, and have their babies taken away when they are young. Now, they do have free medical attention and are fed all they want.

Deer are not fenced in, live where they want, and never have their balls cut off. The breed with whom they want and have a fairly decent chance of dying of old age. The females keep their young until they are ready to run them off. Of course this freedom comes with no guarantees.    

It's fairly obvious that if you and I were to be animals in out next life, you would prefer the security of being a cow, while I would prefer the freedom of being a deer.   tongue  

the Deer are shot and chased out of paddocks for Cows.
if there is drought (common here) the deer die by the dozens.
if a Dog kills a deer it's a good boy, if it kills a cow/sheep it's shot.

So 'NICER' is probably accurate.  

PLUS here cows are grass fed and have paddocks far bigger than US cattle (which tend to be grain fed since they are kept in over crowded paddocks) SO part of the point was Ethically sourced which would mean grass fed with plenty of space.

Cows are grass fed here until they are sold. Then they are fed grain for a few weeks and killed.

Yes, there is more risk being a deer, but far less freedom. I know how you feel about risk and freedom. tongue  

Do you know what 'nicer' means?

I know you love the freedom to suffer tongue tongue tongue tongue

and a Poacher is a ILLEGAL hunter, they are still a hunter just one with your so valued 'freedom'

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Cows are grass fed here until they are sold. Then they are fed grain for a few weeks and killed.

Yes, there is more risk being a deer, but far less freedom. I know how you feel about risk and freedom. tongue  

Do you know what 'nicer' means?

I know you love the freedom to suffer tongue tongue tongue tongue

and a Poacher is a ILLEGAL hunter, they are still a hunter just one with your so valued 'freedom'

I know I'd rather be a deer than a cow. Smile

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 am

rendeer

I'd rather be a buck than a doe...

jocolor

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6298
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:04 am

@maddog

you get to be a Texan Wild Pig tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18663
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@eddie
If you kill Spiders why care about Chickens? tongue tongue tongue tongue

I don’t give a clucking fuck about chickens.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Do you give a fuck about anything ?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

nicko wrote:Do you give a fuck about anything ?

Oh yes. I give a lot of fucks. In fact I’m a prostitute of feelings.

I did answer your post earlier in the thread and I asked you a question: what do you do, or what did you do, to ever help animals’ suffering?
Do you still eat meat and wear leather?

If so. Big fat hypocrite. Razz

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 pm

If you take the trouble to read my post about what I do for Animals you will see that I do quite a lot. In fact,, more than you appear to do, and by your posts you do fuck all except post near the knuckle comments !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm

nicko wrote:If you take the trouble to read my post about what I do for Animals you will see that I do quite a lot.   In fact,,   more than you appear to do, and by your posts you do fuck all except post near the knuckle comments !

Yes I do fuck all, never said I didn’t. What’s your point? I don’t harm animals and I treat them great when I come across them - I’m pretty good with dogs actually. I just don’t value them or their lives over humans.
Can’t see what’s wrong with that.

So, do you eat meat and wear or buy leather products? Cos that’s not very animal-friendly, is it?

And my posts aren’t near the knuckle, they’re on the knuckle. I don’t fuck about.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Why do you have to swear all the while? it doesn't make you look big !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm

nicko wrote:Why do you have to swear all the while?   it doesn't make you look big !

Oh my god Nicko, you’re such a miserable old shit sometimes. And you swear all the time! If you don’t like speaking with me then don’t. Rolling Eyes

And you still avoided answering my questions so perhaps that’s why you’re being a miserable old shit becasue you can’t answer without realising you may be a little bit of a hypocritical shit.

Now I’m done discussing this topic with you because you’re not really debating you’re just being a miserable old shit.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:55 pm

I answered your question, perhaps you did not notice it.
But just in case you missed it. I send money to the Cats Protection Charity, the PDSA and the British Legion !


I'v "known you" for some years and your getting cruder as time goes on. Do you swear in your house like you do on here? Ido drop the occasional fuck, but only when I feel strongly about something. You seem to take delight in using the fuck word when there no need for it. Do you use it outside to friends and neighbours? It must be an age thing. When I was young no women would swear like you do,if they did it was because they had no pride in themselves. But you carry on because you know no better !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10247
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 pm

nicko wrote:I answered your question, perhaps you did not notice it.
But just in case you missed it.    I send money to the Cats Protection Charity,  the PDSA and the British Legion !


I'v "known you"   for some years and your getting cruder as time goes on.   Do you swear in your house like you do on here?    Ido drop the occasional fuck, but only when I feel strongly about something. You seem to take delight in using the fuck word when there no need for it.  Do you use it outside to friends and neighbours?  It must be an age thing. When I was young no women would swear like you do,if they did it was because they had no pride in themselves.    But you carry on because you know no better !

Okay you totally ignored my other questions but I’m bored of asking now.

Yes, I swear whenever the fuck I want. Do I come across as the sort of person who puts on an act in different places? You have such a cheek going on about your pretendy manners when you have said some really nasty things to me many times in the past.

This makes you a hypocrite twice in one thread.

Now because you’re not a great sleeper and you’re also poorly, I’m going to leave it there.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Nicko, it is an age thing.
When I was young women didn't swear like they do now, men certainly didn't swear in front of ladies. My husband has told quite a few men to mind their language when we have been out....that was then.

Now, turn on the TV, watch any film, anytime, anywhere, anyplace...people are using the F word and worse all the time.
Its lost its shock value.....and tbh, its just a way of life now.

It doesn't bother me, and if a man was effing and blinding I bet it wouldn't bother you either.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16846
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm

I have actually got the manners of a queen when I choose. queen

It all depends upon what mood I’m in.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Hunter became the Hunted

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum