Schoolteacher fired days after her same sex wedding.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Schoolteacher fired days after her same sex wedding.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Jocelyn Morffi and Natasha Hass had booked the Key Largo Lighthouse estate for three days starting Feb. 2, turning their wedding day into a wedding weekend.
They had a welcome bash at the Florida wedding venue on Friday, a goodbye barbecue on Sunday and their seaside nuptials in between.
The women relayed important messages to their loved ones through their wedding website: Wear semiformal attire, contribute to the honeymoon fund instead of buying gifts and, of course, use the hashtag #MorffiHassTheKeys.
Morffi’s messages were more somber a few days later. On Instagram, she explained to family, friends and anyone else who wondered why she hadn’t shown up at Miami’s Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School, where she had been a first-grade teacher for seven years.
“This weekend I married the love of my life and unfortunately I was terminated from my job as a result,” she wrote. “In their eyes I’m not the right kind of Catholic for my choice in partner.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/not-the-right-kind-of-catholic%E2%80%99-private-schoolteacher-fired-days-after-same-sex-wedding/ar-BBJ1uOf?li=AAmiR2Z&MSCC=1518459483&ocid=spartandhp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Schoolteacher fired days after her same sex wedding.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 am

The US guvm'nt and courts have been gradually selling out the American people to big business since the end of WWII...

As the corporations' share of both the total national economy and the total employed workforce has fallen, so their collective influence and control over both the government and the citizenry has grown in inverse fashion over that same period..

When big companies have equal rights with people, yet proportionately only pay half the taxes and employ half the people as they did in the 1950s, is it any wonder that the "average" American has less freedom today then they had back in the 1930s !

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

The US guvm'nt and courts have been gradually selling out the American people to big business since the end of WWII...

As the corporations' share of both the total national economy and the total employed workforce has fallen, so their collective influence and control over both the government and the citizenry has grown in inverse fashion over that same period..

When big companies have equal rights with people, yet proportionately only pay half the taxes and employ half the people as they did in the 1950s, is it any wonder that the "average" American has less freedom today then they had back in the 1930s !

Do you know what the topic of this thread is?

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You may want to read our first amendment.  It protects our citizens from people like you.  It's the reason a Muslim school could require all female teachers to wear the hijab if the wanted to.  

I know it's one of the many reason why your nations is has less freedom than mine Wink
Again a Business has greater rights than Actual people  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect
Do you see a theme? Do you understand that No one else believes the propaganda that it's 'freedom'
You do get that I have MORE freedom than You because My nation doesn't do dumb shit like that?   tongue  tongue  tongue

This isn't a business. It's a religious school. Focus on the first word. Are you surprised that religious schools practice a religion?

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Idea

I already commented on the topic itself on the first page...

My comment above was about a specific post just before it..

Therefore,  anybody (other than a useless and unthinking girly-man such as yourself, that is..) following this thread would know that..

You seem incapable of such simple comprehension ?  Sounds like pure laziness on your part..

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Idea

I already commented on the topic itself on the first page...

My comment above was about a specific post just before it..

Therefore,  anybody (other than a useless and unthinking girly-man such as yourself, that is..) following this thread would know that..

You seem incapable of such simple comprehension ?  Sounds like pure laziness on your part..

Do you know how to quote a previous point?

Like I just did. tongue

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You may want to read our first amendment.  It protects our citizens from people like you.  It's the reason a Muslim school could require all female teachers to wear the hijab if the wanted to.  

I know it's one of the many reason why your nations is has less freedom than mine Wink
Again a Business has greater rights than Actual people  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect
Do you see a theme? Do you understand that No one else believes the propaganda that it's 'freedom'
You do get that I have MORE freedom than You because My nation doesn't do dumb shit like that?   tongue  tongue  tongue

This isn't a business. It's a religious school. Focus on the first word. Are you surprised that religious schools practice a religion?

Is it a Public School? operated by the state?
No, SO its a business Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hell even Churches are Businesses that's why they need to push for tax exemptions  Wink

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Hell even Churches are Businesses that's why they need to push for tax exemptions  Wink

It's a religious school. A non profit. A charity if you like.

Let me guess. You want this school closed and all the teachers fired and the kids sent somewhere else?

That seems to be your solution to everything you don't like. Close it.

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Let me guess. You want this school closed and all the teachers fired and the kids sent somewhere else?

Get rid of all religious schools

All schools should be neutral in teaching

Problem solved

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 am

Religious Schools are just an excuse to push the Teachers faith onto their pupils !
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It makes no difference if it is religious, nor if it is public or private.  It is an employer, which I think is your point.  If an employer has 25 or more employees it is subject to the employment discrimination laws of Title VII.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm

nicko wrote:Religious Schools are just an excuse to push the Teachers faith onto their pupils !

Yes they are. That's why parents send their kids there.

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
nicko wrote:Religious Schools are just an excuse to push the Teachers faith onto their pupils !

Yes they are.  That's why parents send their kids there.  

Catholic schools are quite popular here because the standards are pretty high.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes they are.  That's why parents send their kids there.  

Catholic schools are quite popular here because the standards are pretty high.

There is that too. My ex went to Catholic school because her dad thought all of those nuns shoving Catholicism down her throat would keep her on the straight and narrow. It didn't work. Wink

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It makes no difference if it is religious, nor if it is public or private.  It is an employer, which I think is your point.  If an employer has 25 or more employees it is subject to the employment discrimination laws of Title VII.

here the difference would be that in Public school it the teacher is Employed by the Department of Education, only Private Schools employ teachers directly and they are a business and Religious schools are just a type of Private school.

a Religious School is still a business, it sells 'religious education'. Unless the pupils can just sign up and attend without paying(or the same as the state school) it is a business.

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ideally it would be 'Confiscated' and the Teachers employed by a gov't department Wink

VIVA LA REVOLUTION peasant slave tongue tongue tongue tongue

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

here the difference would be that in Public school it the teacher is Employed by the Department of Education, only Private Schools employ teachers directly and they are a business and Religious schools are just a type of Private school.

a Religious School is still a business, it sells 'religious education'. Unless the pupils can just sign up and attend without paying(or the same as the state school) it is a business.

In this country, you can sue the government under Title VII, just as easy as a private employer.  There's no governmental immunity. Texas Department of Community Affairs v. Burdine, 450 U.S. 248 (1981) is an example. Likewise, the Federal government has no immunity.

That's why public/private doesn't matter.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Religious schools are messed up. This is what kids are being taught as fact:

“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Religious schools are messed up. This is what kids are being taught as fact:

So is a lot of home schooling. You would not believe the pure BS that I see kids learning online or the books that their parents request.

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2