Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Go down

Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Fascinating.
It also explains how some people who have died and then been resuscitated talk of the white light, or of having a birds eye view of seeing their bodies and what's happening around them after they have been pronounced dead.


https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/wellness/where-do-you-go-when-you-die-the-increasing-signs-that-human-consciousness-remains-after-death/ar-BBJ1uJh?li=AAmiR2Z&MSCC=1518453434&ocid=spartanntp

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:03 pm

People have been saying this for years. Thousands and thousands of people.
Testimonies from the actual people who experienced it.

I don’t need science to convince me when I hear firsthand experience.

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36029
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm

I got tangled in a high voltage line, did a little trapeze act and fell about 27 feet on my head. That may explain some of my posts.

However, according to witnesses I stopped breathing and they couldn't find a pulse. My buddy started beating on my chest because that's all he knew how to do. I was 17, he was about 19.

Long story short, I survived but don't remember anything until they were loading me in the ambulance. However, I also had no idea what city I was in and had serious memory issues for a few days. Maybe the voltage robbed me of my memory of being dead-ish?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm

I don't have first hand experience but I have read some fascinating stories.

One was a man who died on the operating table...even though all the vital signs had gone one Dr carried on trying to resuscitate him.
He succeeded, and when the man regained consciousness he said he had looked down on his own body and seen the Dr still trying to get him back.
The medical staff were sceptical, then the patient told them as he looked down he could see files and papers on top of a high cupboard, ..they looked, the files and papers were there just as the man had seen them.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

I can't imagine that conscious awareness disappears at the same time that motor function ceases.  That would be incredibly coincidental.

Certain things are required for brain function to continue, I admit.  Oxygen, etc.  But when you have a heart attack, and the heart ceases to function, there is still an oxygen reserve that can keep it going.  For how long, I don't know.

But they say that when Mary Queen of Scots had her head chopped off, she managed to wink and smile as her head lay on the ground.

affraid


Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25595
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:I can't imagine that conscious awareness disappears at the same time that motor function ceases.  That would be incredibly coincidental.

Certain things are required for brain function to continue, I admit.  Oxygen, etc.  But when you have a heart attack, and the heart ceases to function, there is still an oxygen reserve that can keep it going.  For how long, I don't know.

But they say that when Mary Queen of Scots had her head chopped off, she managed to wink and smile as her head lay on the ground.

affraid

A chicken can apparently run round without its head....one over on Mary. Wink

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:I can't imagine that conscious awareness disappears at the same time that motor function ceases.  That would be incredibly coincidental.

Certain things are required for brain function to continue, I admit.  Oxygen, etc.  But when you have a heart attack, and the heart ceases to function, there is still an oxygen reserve that can keep it going.  For how long, I don't know.

But they say that when Mary Queen of Scots had her head chopped off, she managed to wink and smile as her head lay on the ground.

affraid  

Recent study shows that in certain experiments, not only do some genes stay active much longer than expected after death....some genes actually multiply.


"Scientists working on human cadavers have from time to time observed genes that are active after death, according to University of Washington microbiology professor Peter Noble. For a 2017 study published in Open Biology, Noble and his colleagues tested mice and zebrafish and found not just a handful, but a combined total of 1,063 genes that remained active, in some cases for up to four days after the subject had died. Not only did their activity not dissipate—it spiked.

“We didn’t anticipate that,” Noble told Newsweek. “Can you imagine, 24 hours after [time of death] you take a sample and the transcripts of the genes are actually increasing in abundance? That was a surprise.”

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I can't imagine that conscious awareness disappears at the same time that motor function ceases.  That would be incredibly coincidental.

Certain things are required for brain function to continue, I admit.  Oxygen, etc.  But when you have a heart attack, and the heart ceases to function, there is still an oxygen reserve that can keep it going.  For how long, I don't know.

But they say that when Mary Queen of Scots had her head chopped off, she managed to wink and smile as her head lay on the ground.

affraid

A chicken can apparently run round without its head....one over on Mary. Wink

No "apparently" about it, Syl: I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

A chicken can apparently run round without its head....one over on Mary. Wink

No "apparently" about it, Syl: I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Eeww..I would hate to see that. Shocked

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by magica on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:11 pm

I think consciousness stays. When Anne Boleyn had her head cut off, her lips were still moving in prayer.

Same as chickens. It takes seconds before the brain registers they are dead.

I believe in life after death, so we go on imo.
avatar
magica

Posts : 3001
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

No "apparently" about it, Syl: I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.

Eeww..I would hate to see that. Shocked

I have shot deer before, and because you have done some damage to internal organs (hopefully only the heart and lungs), and put two holes in them, the deer will often make a gurgling sound as their organs "settle" after death. It can be a little unsettling to have a large, dead animal making noises, before you prepare to slice it open and remove it's organs.

I have never killed a chicken, but I have ripped the heads off of dove and quail that I have shot. They are still kicking a little when you throw them in the game bag.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Body function can continue for a while after death, that's a known fact. The heart can continue beating for up to 15 minutes after hanging.

In science energy cannot be destroyed. If chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy who is to say that the energy that is what we call our souls or essence, cannot take another form.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8315
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Cass on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Body function can continue for a while after death, that's a known fact.   The heart can continue beating for up to 15 minutes after  hanging.

  In science energy cannot be destroyed.  If chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy  who is to say that the energy that is what we call our souls or essence, cannot take another form.

Correct. Also hearing is the last sense to shut down, although with less and less oxygen to the brain, who knows exactly how the brain is interpreting the sounds and then the sensations of the body shutting down.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 am

But isnt it amazing, that in recent tests on mice and fish, over 1000 different genes didnt die after death, they actually flourished and increased for up to 4 days .

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Eeww..I would hate to see that. Shocked

I have shot deer before, and because you have done some damage to internal organs (hopefully only the heart and lungs), and put two holes in them, the deer will often make a gurgling sound as their organs "settle" after death. It can be a little unsettling to have a large, dead animal making noises, before you prepare to slice it open and remove it's organs.

I have never killed a chicken, but I have ripped the heads off of dove and quail that I have shot. They are still kicking a little when you throw them in the game bag.    
TMI. pale

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Cass on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 am

Syl wrote:But isnt it amazing, that in recent tests on mice and fish, over 1000 different genes didnt die after death, they actually flourished and increased for up to 4 days .

Science is certainly amazing and very unsettling at times.

To be honest, this topic creeps me out a bit and I can’t fully explain why.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am

It fascinates me Cass.
When people are technically dead and are brought back to life, they often talk of a place of peace that they were headed too....they resent being brought back.

I wonder how long that feeling would last if they hadnt been resuscitated...maybe forever, it could be the spirit that was leaving the body to go to a different plane.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 am

Syl wrote:It fascinates me Cass.
When people are technically dead and are brought back to life, they often talk of a place of peace that they were headed too....they resent being brought back.

I wonder how long that feeling would last if they hadnt been resuscitated...maybe forever, it could be the spirit that was leaving the body to go to a different plane.

the biggest problem with these stories though is they all report the version of the afterlife they were raised with.

Hindu's don't see the pearly gates and Christian's don't see Yama
which implies the Brain is still running the show.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18676
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I have shot deer before, and because you have done some damage to internal organs (hopefully only the heart and lungs), and put two holes in them, the deer will often make a gurgling sound as their organs "settle" after death. It can be a little unsettling to have a large, dead animal making noises, before you prepare to slice it open and remove it's organs.

I have never killed a chicken, but I have ripped the heads off of dove and quail that I have shot. They are still kicking a little when you throw them in the game bag.    
TMI. pale

TMI is my specialty. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:It fascinates me Cass.
When people are technically dead and are brought back to life, they often talk of a place of peace that they were headed too....they resent being brought back.

I wonder how long that feeling would last if they hadnt been resuscitated...maybe forever, it could be the spirit that was leaving the body to go to a different plane.

the biggest problem with these stories though is they all report the version of the afterlife they were raised with.

Hindu's don't see the pearly gates and Christian's don't see Yama
which implies the Brain is still running the show.

Because that's what the consciousness still believes immediately after death. Just because you die physically doesn't mean that you suddenly stop being that person with all the residual memories and conditioning that the soul energy still retains. I think when the soul finally goes into the light...to the real home we all belong to....that's when we realise we've been fed a load of bullshit.

Just my take on it. Wink
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8315
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Often people tell of being drawn to the light by loved ones who have passed, no religion or social brainwashing needed....just love.

I have dreams like that sometime, feelings of utter peace and harmony that fade away as I wake.

Maybe death is just an elongated version of sleep...nice thought. Cool

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Syl wrote:Often people tell of being drawn to the light by loved ones who have passed, no religion or social brainwashing needed....just love.

I have dreams like that sometime, feelings of utter peace and harmony that fade away as I wake.

Maybe death is just an elongated version of sleep...nice thought.  Cool

It's said that we often 'visit' the afterlife in our sleep state. I've had dreams about things I've never seen on this planet.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8315
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Often people tell of being drawn to the light by loved ones who have passed, no religion or social brainwashing needed....just love.

I have dreams like that sometime, feelings of utter peace and harmony that fade away as I wake.

Maybe death is just an elongated version of sleep...nice thought.  Cool

It's said that we often 'visit' the afterlife in our sleep state.   I've had dreams about things I've never seen on this planet.

I love sleep, I always dream, very vividly, and the dreams often link up with whats going on in my life, yet include conversations with people I have loved who have passed.
Oddly in my dreams I know they are dead, but often they don't realise it.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:22 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Often people tell of being drawn to the light by loved ones who have passed, no religion or social brainwashing needed....just love.

I have dreams like that sometime, feelings of utter peace and harmony that fade away as I wake.

Maybe death is just an elongated version of sleep...nice thought.  Cool

It's said that we often 'visit' the afterlife in our sleep state.   I've had dreams about things I've never seen on this planet.

Me too. And also of buildings that are no longer there (I researched them).

When my friend Lisa died she had her closest family in the room. She actually lay back on her pillow and and said to her Mum “Mummy? I can see nanny” (her mum’s deceased Mum) and Lisa’s Mum told her to go to her. Lisa closed her eyss and literally passed away, smiling.
No kidding.

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36029
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:It fascinates me Cass.
When people are technically dead and are brought back to life, they often talk of a place of peace that they were headed too....they resent being brought back.

I wonder how long that feeling would last if they hadnt been resuscitated...maybe forever, it could be the spirit that was leaving the body to go to a different plane.

the biggest problem with these stories though is they all report the version of the afterlife they were raised with.

Hindu's don't see the pearly gates and Christian's don't see Yama
which implies the Brain is still running the show.

Because that's what the consciousness still believes immediately after death.   Just because you die physically doesn't mean that you suddenly stop being that person with all the residual memories and conditioning that the soul energy still retains.   I think when the soul finally goes into the light...to the real home we all belong to....that's when we realise we've been fed a load of bullshit.

Just my take on it. Wink

I disagree Cool
surely the soul should be disconnected from the elements of the person that are stored in the brain tissue. (since we can alter them by damaging/removing the tissue)
I think the 'Soul' when totally 'scythed' from the body would be a pure unadulterated consciousness free of all limitations of the body including the limitations of the brain.

I guess my point/opinion is these people were actually very close to death, not Fully dead.
the point of 'full death' is actually quite debated in medical science since there is plenty of evidence the brain still functions for a while after the heart stops, which was once considered the 'moment of death'.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18676
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Increasing evidence that consciousness stays with us after death.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum