Medicinal Mushrooms

Go down

Medicinal Mushrooms

Post by Cass on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 am

For Eds...no, not that kind Cool

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/02/05/581917882/mushrooms-are-good-for-you-but-are-they-medicine

Reading the comments on FB one person says they grow their own for use in migraines. Interesting. But when I have one I can barely blink or breathe without throwing up let alone eat.

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medicinal Mushrooms

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 am

I’ve done a lot of reading about eating raw mushrooms because I want to know what makes me crave them.
I still can’t find an answer

I know that they’re chock full of Vitamin D and other good things so I’ll keep on crunching on them.

The only ones I really like raw though, are chestnut mushrooms - that’s what they’re called here in Texas for example they were just simply mushrooms as far as I recall - as they are really nutty and crunchy and earthy.

A Hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard. Late at night when the wires in the walls, sing in tune with the din of the falls. I'm conducting it all while I sleep...to light the whole town
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 am

eddie wrote:I’ve done a lot of reading about eating raw mushrooms because I want to know what makes me crave them.
I still can’t find an answer

I know that they’re chock full of Vitamin D and other good things so I’ll keep on crunching on them.

The only ones I really like raw though, are chestnut mushrooms - that’s what they’re called here in Texas for example they were just simply mushrooms as far as I recall - as they are really nutty and crunchy and earthy.

I know the ones you mean. It depends on the grocery store. I prefer chestnuts if they are in stock or baby bellas/crimini , but I’ll have plain white if nothing else is available.

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down