Parsons Green tube bomb trial

Go down

Parsons Green tube bomb trial

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 pm

An 18-year-old Iraqi youth has denied responsibility for a bomb attack on the London Underground train network in which 30 people were injured. Ahmad Hasan Mohammad Ali denied a charge of attempted murder at the Old Bailey on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/19/ahmed-hassan-mohammed-ali-denies-parsons-green-terror-attack-charges

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parsons Green tube bomb trial

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 am

Well, there's always the chance that he really didn't do it, right? I mean, people plead innocent all the time!

"At the end of life, it will not be the amount of money we have hoarded, the possessions we have had or the power and authority we have wielded in life that will be remembered and honored. Rather, people will remember most vividly the personal interactions with a loved one."

- Fr. Ken Robinson
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, there's always the chance that he really didn't do it, right? I mean, people plead innocent all the time!

What fun is that?? If it's a rapist, or a Muslim--better yet, an accused Muslim rapist--I think the standard is guilty until proven innocent. At least it is here. Twisted Evil

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Well, there's always the chance that he really didn't do it, right? I mean, people plead innocent all the time!

What fun is that??  If it's a rapist, or a Muslim--better yet, an accused Muslim rapist--I think the standard is guilty until proven innocent.  At least it is here. Twisted Evil

That's the problem with California. All those taxes and they still have a shitty court system.

My GF is Muslim and gets treated fine here. Of course 97% of the folks she comes in contact with don't know her religion. Wink

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What fun is that??  If it's a rapist, or a Muslim--better yet, an accused Muslim rapist--I think the standard is guilty until proven innocent.  At least it is here. Twisted Evil

That's the problem with California.  All those taxes and they still have a shitty court system.  

My GF is Muslim and gets treated fine here.  Of course 97% of the folks she comes in contact with don't know her religion.    Wink

I didn't mean California, I meant Newsfixboard. And taxes in Arizona aren't any friendlier.

People in California are almost overly-solicitous of Muslims. They practically bend over backwards to be friendly.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's the problem with California.  All those taxes and they still have a shitty court system.  

My GF is Muslim and gets treated fine here.  Of course 97% of the folks she comes in contact with don't know her religion.    Wink

I didn't mean California, I meant Newsfixboard.  And taxes in Arizona aren't any friendlier.

People in California are almost overly-solicitous of Muslims.  They practically bend over backwards to be friendly.

That seems fake and phoney and also really patronising.

A Hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard. Late at night when the wires in the walls, sing in tune with the din of the falls. I'm conducting it all while I sleep...to light the whole town
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I didn't mean California, I meant Newsfixboard.  And taxes in Arizona aren't any friendlier.

People in California are almost overly-solicitous of Muslims.  They practically bend over backwards to be friendly.

Yes, it is a bit. But it wears off after a while, and the transition is just accepted. We had something of the same when gay marriage was the thing.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The guy spreads more falsehoods about the US than anyone on this forum. If Ben was really worried about facts, he could spend hours a day correcting Quills. Wink

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

The guy spreads more falsehoods about the US than anyone on this forum.  If Ben was really worried about facts, he could spend hours a day correcting Quills.  Wink

Yip, yip, yip...

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down