13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Oh fucking hell. A couple was arrested after police discovered that their 13 children had been held captive in their California home in filthy conditions, some shackled to beds with chains and padlocks, officials said Monday.Thank god the 17 year old escaped. $9million bail!!!! Hope they fucking rot in hell for ever. I have no more words.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/15/us/california-13-people-held-captive-in-home/index.html

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:I haven't heard anything about a motive yet.  Today on Good Morning America, Robin Roberts interviewed the maternal aunt.  Other than saying the couple were strict, the aunt didn't touch on a background or motive.

I thought you had already solved the case inspector Quill?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I haven't heard anything about a motive yet.  Today on Good Morning America, Robin Roberts interviewed the maternal aunt.  Other than saying the couple were strict, the aunt didn't touch on a background or motive.

I thought you had already solved the case inspector Quill?

No. It's just speculation, and a bunch of anomalies. I explained that yesterday.

But even sassy believes that it has the appearance of cult-like behavior.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24708
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I thought you had already solved the case inspector Quill?

No.  It's just speculation, and a bunch of anomalies.  I explained that yesterday.

But even sassy believes that it has the appearance of cult-like behavior.

Of course it's cult like behavior. But it's definitely not FLDS like behavior.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Maybe this guy is another Manson?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Syl on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

The childrens faces have been shown in some of the newspapers.

Normally they are kept private in cases like this. They look pale, like little ghosts.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16211
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Syl wrote:The childrens faces have been shown in some of the newspapers.

Normally they are kept private in cases like this. They look pale, like little ghosts.

The US has no rules that I know of in terms of kids photos in the paper. The names of minors are withheld when they are charged with a crime.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

To whom are you referring?

I think me.  This twice divorced Texan living in the gayborhood dating a Muslim is now a member of the FLDS.  Rolling Eyes

Ohhhh ok. Cool.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I think me.  This twice divorced Texan living in the gayborhood dating a Muslim is now a member of the FLDS.  Rolling Eyes

Ohhhh ok. Cool.

Weird is a better word.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Ohhhh ok. Cool.

Weird is a better word.  

Well yes but I didn’t like to be rude. I’ve been at a training all day and didn’t get a chance to watch the interview with the aunt. Will probably do tomorrow as I’m tired. Anything new apart from I saw she says she now has hindsight?

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:08 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Weird is a better word.  

Well yes but I didn’t like to be rude. I’ve been at a training all day and didn’t get a chance to watch the interview with the aunt. Will probably do tomorrow as I’m tired. Anything new apart from I saw she says she now has hindsight?

I never watch the news. But I'm sure the intrepid reporter, detective and founder of a new country will weigh in soon with his insight.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 am

If they had 13 kids because God told them to, they're probably either Catholics (hahaha, but no, my mother had a ton of siblings) or members of the Quiverfull movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24321
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 am

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/d-details-life-inside-house-detention-13-california-children/

Oh god. These poor poor children and adults. Slowly starved. It hurts to read this Sad

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:If they had 13 kids because God told them to, they're probably either Catholics (hahaha, but no, my mother had a ton of siblings) or members of the Quiverfull movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

Suspect

Watching a snippet of their first day in coirt, on yesterday's TV news,  that couple look like they're off with the fairies (or angels..).

Staring off into spce, vacuously looking around the court, the wife seems to be thnking to herself "What am I doing here, I haven't done anything wrong  ?";  while the father looks like he doesn't know where he is.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6087
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Cass wrote:https://www.newsandguts.com/video/d-details-life-inside-house-detention-13-california-children/

Oh god. These poor poor children and adults. Slowly starved. It hurts to read this Sad

I read that the Grandparents were Pentecostal, which makes sense as they were from just outside of Ft Worth. There goes someone's FLDS "theory".

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:https://www.newsandguts.com/video/d-details-life-inside-house-detention-13-california-children/

Oh god. These poor poor children and adults. Slowly starved. It hurts to read this Sad

I read that the Grandparents were Pentecostal, which makes sense as they were from just outside of Ft Worth. There goes someone's FLDS "theory".  

But here comes the religious origins, perhaps even Baptists. As I've been saying, there's something cult-like about this whole thing.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24708
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I read that the Grandparents were Pentecostal, which makes sense as they were from just outside of Ft Worth. There goes someone's FLDS "theory".  

But here comes the religious origins, perhaps even Baptists.  As I've been saying, there's something cult-like about this whole thing.

No, you said it was FLDS.

The reality is these folks are probably just mentally ill. A cult would require other members. Where are the other members?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But here comes the religious origins, perhaps even Baptists.  As I've been saying, there's something cult-like about this whole thing.

No, you said it was FLDS.  

The reality is these folks are probably just mentally ill.  A cult would require other members. Where are the other members?

Perhaps the reason you are only a bank teller, is you don't pay attention...or worse What I said was that this appears to have a religious origin:

Original Quill wrote:This is just the breaking article. That the husband says that god insists they have as many children as possible, suggests a religious aspect to their motivation. We need to learn more about their beliefs and the reasons for this travesty.

Original Quill wrote:There are a lot of kooky religious sects about. We need to learn more about them before we can say which definitively.

The FLDS is one option, and it fits on all three points I mentioned:

Original Quill wrote:It sounds, for all the world, like an FLDS nest.

But, I stated myself clearly:

Original Quill wrote:There are too many strange anomalies about in this story, for this to be a normal suburban family.

Original Quill wrote:Why does he say god wants them to have unlimited children. What is the religious motivation, if any?

Baptists are yet another possibility.

Now, stop lying and distorting the truth. You sound like a RW alternate.facts mouthpiece, Red. Just along to pervert the facts.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24708
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, you said it was FLDS.  

The reality is these folks are probably just mentally ill.  A cult would require other members. Where are the other members?

Perhaps the reason you are only a bank teller, is you don't pay attention...or worse  What I said was that this appears to have a religious origin:

Original Quill wrote:This is just the breaking article. That the husband says that god insists they have as many children as possible, suggests a religious aspect to their motivation. We need to learn more about their beliefs and the reasons for this travesty.

Original Quill wrote:There are a lot of kooky religious sects about.  We need to learn more about them before we can say which definitively.

The FLDS is one option, and it fits on all three points I mentioned:

Original Quill wrote:It sounds, for all the world, like an FLDS nest.

But, I stated myself clearly:

Original Quill wrote:There are too many strange anomalies about in this story, for this to be a normal suburban family.

Original Quill wrote:Why does he say god wants them to have unlimited children. What is the religious motivation, if any?

Baptists are yet another possibility.

Now, stop lying and distorting the truth.  You sound like a RW alternate.facts mouthpiece, Red.  Just along to pervert the facts.

So, you're retracting your comment about it being FLDS?

Thank you.

We sure don't want any uncorrected falsehoods floating around this forum. Glad to see you doing your part Sunshine. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Jules on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:43 am

I find the dad's resemblance to firebrand Ilie Nastase distracting!  scratch





_________________
life can only be understood backwards
but it must be lived forwards → →
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2506
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Perhaps the reason you are only a bank teller, is you don't pay attention...or worse  What I said was that this appears to have a religious origin:





The FLDS is one option, and it fits on all three points I mentioned:



But, I stated myself clearly:





Baptists are yet another possibility.

Now, stop lying and distorting the truth.  You sound like a RW alternate.facts mouthpiece, Red.  Just along to pervert the facts.

So, you're retracting your comment about it being FLDS?

Thank you.

No, if your in-bred hillbilly intellect can comprehend, I am simply acknowledging that it is a valid example of what is going on here.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24708
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Perhaps the reason you are only a bank teller, is you don't pay attention...or worse  What I said was that this appears to have a religious origin:





The FLDS is one option, and it fits on all three points I mentioned:



But, I stated myself clearly:





Baptists are yet another possibility.

Now, stop lying and distorting the truth.  You sound like a RW alternate.facts mouthpiece, Red.  Just along to pervert the facts.

So, you're retracting your comment about it being FLDS?

Thank you.

We sure don't want any uncorrected falsehoods floating around this forum. Glad to see you doing your part Sunshine.  Wink

So apparently one thing the kids were allowed to do was write in journals. The police have recovered hundreds of them.


Hundreds of journals found in home with 13 captive children

https://usat.ly/2EXRrP8

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So, you're retracting your comment about it being FLDS?

Thank you.

No, if your in-bred hillbilly intellect can comprehend, I am simply acknowledging that it is a valid example of what is going on here.

I live in Texas, not Tennessee. Redneck is a far more accurate pejorative than hillbilly.

You don't know much about your country.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Maddog on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So, you're retracting your comment about it being FLDS?

Thank you.

We sure don't want any uncorrected falsehoods floating around this forum. Glad to see you doing your part Sunshine.  Wink

So apparently one thing the kids were allowed to do was write in journals. The police have recovered hundreds of them.


Hundreds of journals found in home with 13 captive children

https://usat.ly/2EXRrP8

It will be interesting, assuming their cognitive skills are not so diminished that it's not just mindless gibberish.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Cass on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

So apparently one thing the kids were allowed to do was write in journals. The police have recovered hundreds of them.


Hundreds of journals found in home with 13 captive children

https://usat.ly/2EXRrP8

It will be interesting, assuming their cognitive skills are not so diminished that it's not just mindless gibberish.  

That is a valid fear, plus the parents lawyers will argue to rule it all inadmissible.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, if your in-bred hillbilly intellect can comprehend, I am simply acknowledging that it is a valid example of what is going on here.

I live in Texas, not Tennessee. Redneck is a far more accurate pejorative than hillbilly.  

You don't know much about your country.  

I've heard that Hillbilly, redneck and cracker all have the same linkage, notably to the south of the US. The Scots and Irish were the original bosses for the slaves, and heavily populated the Appalachian region of the mid-south. Hilbilly is originally a Scottish word, particularly for Scots of the Grampian Mountains. They brought the terms with them.

It was said: ‘The hill-billies came from the hills, and the rednecks from the swamps’...Scots were Calvinists, become Presbyterians, who wore red scarves for religious significance. The practice was adopted by the Blair Mountain miners in 1921, as a symbol of resistance. It may also have been used to describe a sunburned neck, gotten by overseeing slaves in the field. There appear to be parallel origins.

Cracker has an independent origin. Corn was much more plentiful in the Americas, and in particular, in the American south. Cracked corn was carried and eaten by southern travelers. They became known as 'crackers' in the same manner as people who traveled with carpetbags became known as carpetbaggers.

The common thread seems to be the Scotch-Irish origins of those who were above slaves, but not quite landholders in the south. They are wont to distinguish themselves from the blacks, and this is probably the origin of post-slavery racism in its many forms up to the present.

Incidentally, I am solely of Scottish origin, so y'all don't accuse me of picking on the Scots. Wink

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24708
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 siblings ages 2-29 held captive in home

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum