Is this racist?

Go down

Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

The models mum says not...she tells people to "get over it".



"The mother of a child model at the centre of a storm after being photographed in a "racist" hoodie has told critics to "get over it".
Swedish fashion giant H&M faced widespread criticism after an image of a black child modelling a top bearing the slogan "coolest monkey in the jungle" appeared on its website.
The retailer apologised over the incident and said it had removed the image from its website and that the hoodie was no longer available to buy"



https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/get-over-it-says-mother-of-boy-in-row-over-racist-handm-hoodie/ar-BBIeXbY?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by eddie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm

The more people bang on about words being offensive the more those words will seperate and divide.

It's just a word that was offensive but shouldn't be any more. Good on his mum and good for him making money from his good looks. Cool

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34803
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Someone always see things in everything. If the child was white nothing would be said.

I see nothing wrong here, the mother was right.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Maddog on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm actually the coolest monkey in the jungle. Cool

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Hmmmm, on the other hand black people have been insulted for decades by people telling them to get back to the jungle, calling them monkeys, throwing bananas at black players on the football field etc.

If it was my little lad, I wouldnt let him model a sweatshirt with that particular logo.
I wouldnt buy it either.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Thing is Syl, times have changed. Kids, black or white have been called little monkeys when playing up. I've called my grandkids it, its just a word.

The mum probably never heard of the insults about the jungle etc.






_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Suspect

So much of whether a word should be considered "racist" is in the actual context that is used in...

The word "monkey" is not "racist" when it is used by children and about children and with children in the context of an actual monkey in the jungle, re:  Jungle Book, Kimba, Madagascar, etc.

It is racist when we see Smelly' using it against Obama or his missus, or Stormee using it anywhere;  or where groups of Indian cricket fans use it to slag of any dark-skinned/negro opposition players  --  as seen in some televised internationals..


The word "Paki" is simply shorthand for Pakistani in many parts of the world, often used by Pakistanis themselves, yet it has become a "derogatory" term over there in Britain --  apparently because some self-declared p/c police deem it as such, without actually asking any Pakistanis for their input  ?  Likewise with some English people now too scared to use the proper/correct word negro, because it's too close to "the 'n' word" ?

Likewise, I've seen people overseas, even on here, using terms like "Abo" and "boong" online --  apparently unaware that they had become derogatory and unwanted terms down here in Oz, because of the way that the racist cliques use them..   The term "wog" was a derogatory term used against European immigrants after WWII,  but during the 1970s and '80s a lot of 1st-generation born Aussies, especially with Italian or Greek parents, started using it to describe themselves  !


Again, a good measure of whether a word is being used in a 'racist' manner comes down to who is using it, and where --  if it's Smelly, or was Stormee, or sometimes Tommy, then there's a good chance that a suspect word is deliberately being used to offend..

Some of the t-shirts and sweatshirts coming out of some Asian factories these days would also be seen to be in some ways offensive if sold over in Britain or Europe, or in the North America or Oz or NZ , without being recognised as such in many other markets...


Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5779
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Mags, I think its because times have changed that the sweatshirt isnt really appropriate anymore, and especially inappropriate to be modelled by a black child.

Would it be acceptable for him to model a jumper with a gollywog on the front?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm

I think its because people have long said its racist, so now that's the in word.

I think golliwogs would be ok, I never saw a golliwogs as a black person anyway.

There needs to be a change in what we think. If his mum had no qualms, no one else can complain.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 pm

I do get where you're coming Syl, but are you offended for you or the little boy.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:24 pm

magica wrote:I think its because people have long said its racist, so now that's the in word.

I think golliwogs would be ok, I never saw a golliwogs as a black person anyway.

There needs to be a change in what we think. If his mum had no qualms, no one else can complain.

I never saw a golly as racist either, I had one and I loved him. I love you
But...times have changed, and if a whole raft of society finds some symbols and words offensive, I just dont see the point in still using them because they were deemed OK 50 years ago.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 pm

For Wolfe. What's a boong, I've never heard of that before.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I think its because people have long said its racist, so now that's the in word.

I think golliwogs would be ok, I never saw a golliwogs as a black person anyway.

There needs to be a change in what we think. If his mum had no qualms, no one else can complain.

I never saw a golly as racist either, I had one and I loved him. I love you
But...times have changed, and if a whole raft of society finds some symbols and words offensive, I just dont see the point in still using them because they were deemed OK 50 years ago.

I get that Syl, but I don't see this racist. Maybe it's just me.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 pm

magica wrote:I do get where you're coming Syl, but are you offended for you or the little boy.



I suppose I am offended in the same way I would be if I heard someone call a black person ni**er, or a gay person queer....offended on their behalf.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

I never saw a golly as racist either, I had one and I loved him. I love you
But...times have changed, and if a whole raft of society finds some symbols and words offensive, I just dont see the point in still using them because they were deemed OK 50 years ago.

I get that Syl, but I don't see this racist.  Maybe it's just me.

Nope, definately not just you, Eddie and the lads mum agree with you. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Yet his mum isn't offended, so no one else should be on his behalf.

Monkey and n---er are worlds apart. n---er is offensive to us, but not to one black man to another.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

I get that Syl, but I don't see this racist.  Maybe it's just me.

Nope, definately not just you, Eddie and the lads mum agree with you. Laughing

Lol

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Night Mags...sleep well. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Night night Syl xx

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 am

It would be funnier is it said "Coolest cracker in the world."

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23658
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 am

magica wrote:For Wolfe. What's a boong, I've never heard of that before.

a super racist word for Aboriginal, from past generations


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17947
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:
magica wrote:For Wolfe. What's a boong, I've never heard of that before.

a super racist word for Aboriginal, from past generations
 
Smile

Yep...

A lot of the past more racist words down here have gradually faded out of common use since the 1980s;  usually replaced by the Aborigines' own term 'Koori' in general use  --  though, technically, the name "Kooris" refers to those indigenous folks who live south of the Hawkesbury River  (i.e. southern NSW, Victoria and Tasmania..)  --  those Aboriginal groups in northern regions and western regions recognise themselves by other names (like Murri, and Tiki, for example..), yet again..

Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders might also occasionally refer to themselves as "blacks" or "black felles"  --   but an obvious complication there is that Africans, Pacific Islanders, and New Guinea and Solomon Island natives, are also labelled as "blacks".

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5779
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

So much of whether a word should be considered "racist" is in the actual context that is used in...

The word "monkey" is not "racist" when it is used by children and about children and with children in the context of an actual monkey in the jungle, re:  Jungle Book, Kimba, Madagascar, etc.

It is racist when we see Smelly' using it against Obama or his missus, or Stormee using it anywhere;  or where groups of Indian cricket fans use it to slag of any dark-skinned/negro opposition players  --  as seen in some televised internationals..


The word "Paki" is simply shorthand for Pakistani in many parts of the world, often used by Pakistanis themselves, yet it has become a "derogatory" term over there in Britain --  apparently because some self-declared p/c police deem it as such, without actually asking any Pakistanis for their input  ?  Likewise with some English people now too scared to use the proper/correct word negro, because it's too close to "the 'n' word" ?

Likewise, I've seen people overseas, even on here, using terms like "Abo" and "boong" online --  apparently unaware that they had become derogatory and unwanted terms down here in Oz, because of the way that the racist cliques use them..   The term "wog" was a derogatory term used against European immigrants after WWII,  but during the 1970s and '80s a lot of 1st-generation born Aussies, especially with Italian or Greek parents, started using it to describe themselves  !


Again, a good measure of whether a word is being used in a 'racist' manner comes down to who is using it, and where --  if it's Smelly, or was Stormee, or sometimes Tommy, then there's a good chance that a suspect word is deliberately being used to offend..

Some of the t-shirts and sweatshirts coming out of some Asian factories these days would also be seen to be in some ways offensive if sold over in Britain or Europe, or in the North America or Oz or NZ , without being recognised as such in many other markets...

That's a pretty fair post.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34803
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by nicko on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 am

I agree !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9523
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 am

Thanx  Veya and thanx Wolfie for your good explanation.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm not sure what the overall opinion is on here about the sweat shirt.


I personally think it could be construed in a racially mocking way, so its certainly ill advised to have a young black lad model it, whether his mother agrees or not...maybe she was just thinking of the £££ signs.

Its not just the word, its the way people will see it...TART is just a word, but no decent parent would let their little girl walk round with "The coolest tart in the playground' emblazoned across the front.  Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

I just bought you a tshirt with that on!

Twisted Evil








Last edited by magica on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Syl wrote:I'm not sure what the overall opinion is on here about the sweat shirt.


I personally think it could be construed in a racially mocking way, so  its certainly ill advised to have a young black lad model it, whether his mother agrees or not...maybe she was just thinking of the £££ signs.

Its not just the word, its the way people will see it...TART is just a word, but no decent parent would let their little girl walk round with "The coolest tart in the playground' emblazoned across the front.  Rolling Eyes


I agree, when you think of the number of black footballers who have monkey noises made at them and bananas thrown at them, it puts the words on the shirt into context. Just put into google: black footballers monkey noises bananas, it's an eye opener.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:I'm not sure what the overall opinion is on here about the sweat shirt.


I personally think it could be construed in a racially mocking way, so  its certainly ill advised to have a young black lad model it, whether his mother agrees or not...maybe she was just thinking of the £££ signs.

Its not just the word, its the way people will see it...TART is just a word, but no decent parent would let their little girl walk round with "The coolest tart in the playground' emblazoned across the front.  Rolling Eyes


I agree, when you think of the number of black footballers who have monkey noises made at them and bananas thrown at them, it puts the words on the shirt into context.   Just put into google:  black footballers monkey noises bananas, it's an eye opener.

Sassy, I agree 100%, I mentioned the racism football players have to put up with earlier in the thread.
To be honest I cant understand why some people cant see the insult this is, to have a black kid model the top.
That little lad is 5, I doubt he would want to model it in 5 or 10 years time if he had the choice.
His mothers attitude, telling people to "get over it" seems odd to me.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:34 pm

magica wrote:I just bought you a tshirt with that on!

Twisted Evil







NO DONT......Surely you remember the uproar there was when someone else on a forum bought me a T shirt. What a Face

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by magica on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I just bought you a tshirt with that on!

Twisted Evil







NO DONT......Surely you remember the uproar there was when someone else on a forum bought me a T shirt. What a Face



Oh yeah, thought you might want a duster

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:It would be funnier is it said "Coolest cracker in the world."


Not really the same as 'cracker' is completely only a derogatory racist word from blacks against whites... whereas, I as a white English child growing up, was often referred to as 'a little monkey', as were plenty of other young children... it's always been a playfull and endearing term used by parent/guardian etc towards a child...


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20431
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

So much of whether a word should be considered "racist" is in the actual context that is used in...

The word "monkey" is not "racist" when it is used by children and about children and with children in the context of an actual monkey in the jungle, re:  Jungle Book, Kimba, Madagascar, etc.

It is racist when we see Smelly' using it against Obama or his missus, or Stormee using it anywhere;  or where groups of Indian cricket fans use it to slag of any dark-skinned/negro opposition players  --  as seen in some televised internationals..


The word "Paki" is simply shorthand for Pakistani in many parts of the world, often used by Pakistanis themselves, yet it has become a "derogatory" term over there in Britain --  apparently because some self-declared p/c police deem it as such, without actually asking any Pakistanis for their input  ?  Likewise with some English people now too scared to use the proper/correct word negro, because it's too close to "the 'n' word" ?

Likewise, I've seen people overseas, even on here, using terms like "Abo" and "boong" online --  apparently unaware that they had become derogatory and unwanted terms down here in Oz, because of the way that the racist cliques use them..   The term "wog" was a derogatory term used against European immigrants after WWII,  but during the 1970s and '80s a lot of 1st-generation born Aussies, especially with Italian or Greek parents, started using it to describe themselves  !


Again, a good measure of whether a word is being used in a 'racist' manner comes down to who is using it, and where --  if it's Smelly, or was Stormee, or sometimes Tommy, then there's a good chance that a suspect word is deliberately being used to offend..

Some of the t-shirts and sweatshirts coming out of some Asian factories these days would also be seen to be in some ways offensive if sold over in Britain or Europe, or in the North America or Oz or NZ , without being recognised as such in many other markets...

That's a pretty fair post.


Not really... either the word itself is ok to use or not... it would be whatever else was said that would be 'offensive' or not...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20431
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 am

Liberals are to blame of course

Who are the ones screaming racist at everyone and everything??

Liberals

You fucking inbred halfwits created this

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Liberals are to blame of course

Who are the ones screaming racist at everyone and everything??

Liberals

You fucking inbred halfwits created this



"Liberals did this...
Liberals did that...
Liberals are to blame..   blah, blah, blah.
"

Not only are you the stupidest racist dumbfuck around here,   SmellyBrokenRecord..

You still just love to prove that you don't even know what a genuine "liberal" is !!!

For you, that's just a word to excuse your inherent cowardice, your idiotic racism, your overt love for Donnie Dumpster,  and the sad fact that you have never been laid by a real_life woman..      clown

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5779
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Shoot the liberal mindset

Line it up against the wall and execute it with logic bullets

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Since this was in the papers earlier in the week, I have read a few times that one would have to be racist themselves to see any harm in the message.

I think one would have to be thick to not see it. scratch

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:03 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Shoot the liberal mindset

Line  it up against the wall and execute it with logic bullets

Laughing

"Logic"  !?!

You wouldn't recognise logic if you were smacked around the head with it,  SmellyFascistFuck...

To your rancid little turd of an intellect,  racism, fascism, sexism are all somehow "logical"..

Your perverse admiration for both Trump and your beloved Apartheid says it all, really.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5779
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Shoot the liberal mindset

Line  it up against the wall and execute it with logic bullets

Laughing

"Logic"  !?!

You wouldn't recognise logic if you were smacked around the head with it,  SmellyFascistFuck...

To your rancid little turd of an intellect,  racism, fascism, sexism are all somehow "logical"..

Your perverse admiration for both Trump and your beloved Apartheid says it all, really.

And posts like this are why decent threads are killed stone dead. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 pm

Would this be 'racist' if it were a young white boy wearing it...?


Would there be blacks or leftys out protesting about that...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20431
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Would this be 'racist' if it were a young white boy wearing it...?


Would there be blacks or leftys out protesting about that...?



Its a good point, and personally I dont see how it could be seen as racist if a white kid wore it.
But H&M are either very naive or looking for publicity (which backfired on them) to use a black kid to model it.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Would this be 'racist' if it were a young white boy wearing it...?


Would there be blacks or leftys out protesting about that...?



Its a good point, and personally I dont see how it could be seen as racist if a white kid wore it.
But H&M are either very naive or looking for publicity (which backfired on them) to use a black kid to model it.


But 'we're all the same' aren't we...?


And 'all the same race'...?


And all equally genetically DNA closely related to apes, aren't we...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20431
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Syl on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its a good point, and personally I dont see how it could be seen as racist if a white kid wore it.
But H&M are either very naive or looking for publicity (which backfired on them) to use a black kid to model it.


But 'we're all the same' aren't we...?


And 'all the same race'...?


And all equally genetically DNA closely related to apes, aren't we...?



Some are more closely related to apes than others Tommy, but I dont think skin colour is the deciding factor. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15446
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Would this be 'racist' if it were a young white boy wearing it...?


Would there be blacks or leftys out protesting about that...?



Its a good point, and personally I dont see how it could be seen as racist if a white kid wore it.
But H&M are either very naive or looking for publicity (which backfired on them) to use a black kid to model it.


But 'we're all the same' aren't we...?


And 'all the same race'...?


And all equally genetically DNA closely related to apes, aren't we...?



why do Snowflakes like you and smelly keep saying that???? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

equality does not mean 'all the same' Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17947
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this racist?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum