Oprah For President

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm not endorsing Oprah Winfrey for president, yet.

But I think it's time for some backlash to the backlash - and time to reflect on some reasons why she might, if she were to run, prove to be the right person to lead the country.

American politics currently suffers from a trust and empathy gap. So many voters believe at least one political party doesn't care about them or their concerns. That the party prioritises other Americans over them.

A lot of people feel this way about both parties.

Our politics might be greatly improved through leadership from someone who is talented at reaching and empathising with a broad swath of Americans, across lines of race, class, and income. A leader who enormous numbers of Americans could feel relates to them personally, understands their concerns, and cares about them.

Who has more experience at this kind of mass empathy than Oprah Winfrey?


More at source
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-oprah-might-be-the-president-america-needs-right-now/ar-BBI8oFP?ocid=ientp

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 pm

I've got a problem with her. We'll see how it shakes out.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've got a problem with her.  We'll see how it shakes out.

That's sexist

And racist

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I've got a problem with her.  We'll see how it shakes out.

That's sexist

And racist

Why?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 pm

I agree with the Idea that she is going to have a much higher approval rating amongst the majority.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 pm

She was once considered a running mate for Trump. In fact, Trump mentioned her in an interview.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
I'm not endorsing Oprah Winfrey for president, yet.

But I think it's time for some backlash to the  backlash - and time to reflect on some reasons why she might, if she were to run, prove to be the right person to lead the country.

American politics currently suffers from a trust and empathy gap. So many voters believe at least one political party doesn't care about them or their concerns. That the party prioritises other Americans over them.

A lot of people feel this way about both parties.

Our politics might be greatly improved through leadership from someone who is talented at reaching and empathising with a broad swath of Americans, across lines of race, class, and income. A leader who enormous numbers of Americans could feel relates to them personally, understands their concerns, and cares about them.

Who has more experience at this kind of mass empathy than Oprah Winfrey?


More at source
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-oprah-might-be-the-president-america-needs-right-now/ar-BBI8oFP?ocid=ientp

We need some who understands accounting and liberty.

I don't want empathy, I want someone to be a good steward of the money they confiscate and to promote as much freedom as possible.

Oprah is no doubt very empathetic, which is cool when it's your money. Not so much when it's not.

When you look at the other possible Democratic nominees, they are all in their 70's, except Cory Booker, and he has been MIA for months now.



_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:She was once considered a running mate for Trump.  In fact, Trump mentioned her in an interview.

Trump was very popular with Hollywood and the sort, until he actually ran.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

msn.com wrote:I'm not endorsing Oprah Winfrey for president, yet.

That's kinda where I'm at.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I've got a problem with her.  We'll see how it shakes out.

That's sexist

And racist


Maybe it's her weight issues?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That's sexist

And racist

Why?

You hate her because she is a black (you racist) and an individual who identifies as the female gender (you cisgendered hetero normative sexist)

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That's sexist

And racist

Maybe it's her weight issues?

...also wealthist. Cool

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That's sexist

And racist


Maybe it's her weight issues?

FATIST!!!!!!!!


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
I'm not endorsing Oprah Winfrey for president, yet.

But I think it's time for some backlash to the  backlash - and time to reflect on some reasons why she might, if she were to run, prove to be the right person to lead the country.

American politics currently suffers from a trust and empathy gap. So many voters believe at least one political party doesn't care about them or their concerns. That the party prioritises other Americans over them.

A lot of people feel this way about both parties.

Our politics might be greatly improved through leadership from someone who is talented at reaching and empathising with a broad swath of Americans, across lines of race, class, and income. A leader who enormous numbers of Americans could feel relates to them personally, understands their concerns, and cares about them.

Who has more experience at this kind of mass empathy than Oprah Winfrey?


More at source
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-oprah-might-be-the-president-america-needs-right-now/ar-BBI8oFP?ocid=ientp

We need some who understands accounting and liberty.

I don't want empathy, I want someone to be a good steward of the money they confiscate and to promote as much freedom as possible.

Oprah is no doubt very empathetic, which is cool when it's your money. Not so much when it's not.

When you look at the other possible Democratic nominees, they are all in their 70's, except Cory Booker, and he has been MIA for months now.



Whose money do you think it is ?

Whose resources do you think they are?
Do you really believe they belong to a few old white dudes Or society?

Do you think Old white dudes are like magic unicorns that just shit resources into existence? that don't completely rely on a governed society top allow them to accumulate wealth?

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Maybe it's her weight issues?

...also wealthist. Cool

Richist!!!!!!!

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why?

You hate her because she is a black (you racist) and an individual who identifies as the female gender (you cisgendered hetero normative sexist)

What do you know about her politics?

BTW...what is a 'cisgendered hereto normative sexist'?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Maybe it's her weight issues?

...also wealthist. Cool

Richist!!!!!!!

interestingly both Oprah and Trump are worth about $3.5 Billion. Neutral

Although Oprah actually earned hers Cool

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We need some who understands accounting and liberty.

I don't want empathy, I want someone to be a good steward of the money they confiscate and to promote as much freedom as possible.

Oprah is no doubt very empathetic, which is cool when it's your money. Not so much when it's not.

When you look at the other possible Democratic nominees, they are all in their 70's, except Cory Booker, and he has been MIA for months now.



Whose money do you think it is ?

Whose resources do you think they are?
Do you really believe they belong to a few old white dudes Or society?

Do you think Old white dudes are like magic unicorns that just shit resources into existence? that don't completely rely on a governed society top allow them to accumulate wealth?

Do your really not know where the government gets it's money?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

You hate her because she is a black (you racist) and an individual who identifies as the female gender (you cisgendered hetero normative sexist)

What do you know about her politics?

BTW...what is a 'cisgendered hereto normative sexist'?

It means absolutely nothing, it's terminology usee by the freaks and creeps of the transgender circus.

Only they know what it means, I'm just trying to sound cool like they are

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Richist!!!!!!!

interestingly both Oprah and Trump are worth about $3.5 Billion. Neutral

Although Oprah actually earned hers Cool

interestingly Oprah likes socialism

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What do you know about her politics?

BTW...what is a 'cisgendered hereto normative sexist'?

It means absolutely nothing,

See? I swear, you are sounding more and more like Trump.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What do you know about her politics?

BTW...what is a 'cisgendered hereto normative sexist'?

It means absolutely nothing, it's terminology usee by the freaks and creeps of the transgender circus.

Only they know what it means, I'm just trying to sound cool like they are

I remember the first time I got called cisgendered.

I wasn't sure what kind of freak they thought I was. Shocked

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

It means absolutely nothing,

See?  I swear, you are sounding more and more like Trump.

A compliment?? For me??

You're so sweet Quill

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

It means absolutely nothing, it's terminology usee by the freaks and creeps of the transgender circus.

Only they know what it means, I'm just trying to sound cool like they are

I remember the first time I got called cisgendered.

I wasn't sure what kind of freak they thought I was. Shocked  

Lol

Yeah I think they are very imaginative these trans people.

Lost and rudderless but imaginative

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Richist!!!!!!!

interestingly both Oprah and Trump are worth about $3.5 Billion. Neutral

Although Oprah actually earned hers Cool

interestingly Oprah likes socialism

well most people with morals like helping your fellow citizen, would like socialism Cool

And Oprah's childhood gives her a good understanding of why having a system of socially funded protections is beneficial for society, since I am sure she is aware that not everyone can be as lucky as her.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

interestingly Oprah likes socialism

well most people with morals like helping your fellow citizen, would like socialism  Cool

And Oprah's childhood gives her a good understanding of why having a system of socially funded protections is beneficial for society, since I am sure she is aware that not everyone can be as lucky as her.

I don't know if she like socialism. She likes helping people, which has nothing to do with socialism.

Hasn't been very helpful for the people of Venezuela. tongue

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Well, to the extent that conservatives hate people, I would guess that anyone who promotes social well-being of people would be on the other side.

Veya, which party would she stand for?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We need some who understands accounting and liberty.

I don't want empathy, I want someone to be a good steward of the money they confiscate and to promote as much freedom as possible.

Oprah is no doubt very empathetic, which is cool when it's your money. Not so much when it's not.

When you look at the other possible Democratic nominees, they are all in their 70's, except Cory Booker, and he has been MIA for months now.



Whose money do you think it is ?

Whose resources do you think they are?
Do you really believe they belong to a few old white dudes Or society?

Do you think Old white dudes are like magic unicorns that just shit resources into existence? that don't completely rely on a governed society top allow them to accumulate wealth?

Do your really not know where the government gets it's money?

and do you really not know how people get the money they pay in taxes?

Do you not understand how money exists? the US dollar is not Bitcoins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/oprah-for-president-a-far-fetched-idea-just-got-dramatically-more-real/ar-BBI8rkE?ocid=ientp

Political analysts suggested the talk of a Winfrey run, presumably for the Democratic party, was more than mere hype. Robert Shrum, a Democratic consultant who worked on Al Gore and John Kerry’s election campaigns, said: “I’ve been sceptical of people with no political experience because recent experience shows we need someone with experience, but I think she can escape that. People like her, people trust her and she’s not a phoney businesswoman.”

@Quill
Probablyy a Dem

And She never said anything about running with Trump, trump suggested that she would be his first choice because of her popularity

And Trump’s potential criticism of her has already been blunted. When he was contemplating a presidential run in 1999, he said Winfrey would be his first choice as a running mate. “I love Oprah,” he told CNN. “She’s popular, she’s brilliant, she’s a wonderful woman … That would be a pretty good ticket.”

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Do your really not know where the government gets it's money?

and do you really not know how people get the money they pay in taxes?

Do you not understand how money exists? the US dollar is not Bitcoins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yes I know where money comes from. And I know where the government gets there money to spend. Any more questions?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Do your really not know where the government gets it's money?

and do you really not know how people get the money they pay in taxes?

Do you not understand how money exists? the US dollar is not Bitcoins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yes I know where money comes from. And I know where the government gets there money to spend. Any more questions?

It can spend as much as it likes it can print more if it wants the GOVERNEMNT owns the money, the Money is literally just an IOU from the government.

It is NOT the billionaires first, it is the government first. The billionaires Claim to the resources represented by those dollars is completely reliant on the Government honouring it's IOU. And the government can even regulate the real resource value of those dollars. I could give everyone a billion dollars to more fairly divide the resources of the USA among it's citizens.

Typically Libertarians Do not understand what money actually is or how it works. they seem to believe money is a natural resources that exist with out government. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes I know where money comes from. And I know where the government gets there money to spend. Any more questions?

It can spend as much as it likes it can print more if it wants the GOVERNEMNT owns the money, the Money is literally just an IOU from the government.

It is NOT the billionaires first, it is the government first. The billionaires Claim to the resources represented by those dollars is completely reliant on the Government honouring it's IOU. And the government can even regulate the real resource value of those dollars. I could give everyone a billion dollars to more fairly divide the resources of the USA among it's citizens.  

Typically Libertarians Do not understand what money actually is or how it works. they seem to believe money is a natural resources that exist with out government.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Money is not cash. The government prints the bills, but the amount of money in a society far exceeds the amount of cash out there.

Banks actually create most money. It's part of the multiplier effect. Therefore, you are completely incorrect when you state that money is the government's first.

And, there is zero need for government, to have money. Ever hear of a bank note?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 am

Every tender with the exception of the new cryptocurrencies is backed by a National government.
If the government goes to shit then the so does the money.
IT IS ALL THE GOVERNEMENT


A banknote (often known as a bill, paper money, or simply a note) is a type of negotiable promissory note, made by a bank, payable to the bearer on demand. Banknotes were originally issued by commercial banks, who were legally required to redeem the notes for legal tender (usually gold or silver coin) when presented to the chief cashier of the originating bank. These commercial banknotes only traded at face value in the market served by the issuing bank.[2] Commercial banknotes have primarily been replaced by national banknotes issued by central banks.

Bank notes are Only Worthless paper outside of the NATIONAL GOVERNMENT they were issued under. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
Bank notes are ENTIRELY reliant on the Government legislation around them to be of any value (which is why they are worthless internationally and have to be Converted to a legal tender issued by a recognised government to be traded internationally.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:Every tender with the exception of the new cryptocurrencies is backed by a National government.
If the government goes to shit then the so does the money.
IT IS ALL THE GOVERNEMENT


A banknote (often known as a bill, paper money, or simply a note) is a type of negotiable promissory note, made by a bank, payable to the bearer on demand. Banknotes were originally issued by commercial banks, who were legally required to redeem the notes for legal tender (usually gold or silver coin) when presented to the chief cashier of the originating bank. These commercial banknotes only traded at face value in the market served by the issuing bank.[2] Commercial banknotes have primarily been replaced by national banknotes issued by central banks.

Bank notes are Only Worthless paper outside of the NATIONAL GOVERNMENT they were issued under. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  
Bank notes are ENTIRELY reliant on the Government legislation around them to be of any value (which is why they are worthless internationally and have to be Converted to a legal tender issued by a recognised government to be traded internationally.

Go back and read what you wrote again. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Maddog on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 am

Your problem is, that you are hung up on money being the same as notes.

It's not. Two very different things. Money can be converted into cash, but it doesn't have to be cash, to be money.

Football awaits, and I'm not really in the mood to teach an econ 101 class tonight.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 am

I am not talking about cash at all.
All internationally recognised legal tenders fall under the same rules.


Maybe you need to move beyond the minimalistic understanding of economic 101 and onto the 2nd and 3rd year classes that teach how money works in the Global economy.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by eddie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:42 am

Oprah is a little show-biz, syrupy and egotistical for my liking. I'm not keen on her if I'm really honest.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34383
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 am

eddie wrote:Oprah is a little show-biz, syrupy and egotistical for my liking.  I'm not keen on her if I'm really honest.

I don't have that problem. I think she is a true altruist. I would simply like to know more about issues, and here stand on them.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by eddie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Oprah is a little show-biz, syrupy and egotistical for my liking.  I'm not keen on her if I'm really honest.

I don't have that problem.  I think she is a true altruist. I would simply like to know more about issues, and here stand on them.

Hmmm yes she seems to care about women's rights but that doesn't make for a good president in my opinion. I'd also like to see her be less sweet and cloying. She's a bit OTT.
But that's showbiz.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34383
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Cass on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 am

eddie wrote:Oprah is a little show-biz, syrupy and egotistical for my liking.  I'm not keen on her if I'm really honest.

I think any politician, no matter how altruistic is slightly egotistical.

Her speech last night was masterful. Reece’s introduction though made me shout oh so shut up.

Her style is too treacly sweet for me, but there’s no denying that she has accomplished a lot of good and overcome a lot of obstacles to get to where she is. She shone the light on a lot of tough issues and helped raise awareness too. I also think she can be too quick to be over-eager about things without knowing the full facts. Is it really necessary to be now selling a line of food products? When is enough enough?

I’d have to read a lot more on where she stands on issues first before deciding. I do believe that you need to have had some experience in local/state/federal government before running for higher office.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by eddie on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Oprah is a little show-biz, syrupy and egotistical for my liking.  I'm not keen on her if I'm really honest.

I think any politician, no matter how altruistic is slightly egotistical.

Her speech last night was masterful. Reece’s introduction though made me shout oh so shut up.

Her style is too treacly sweet for me, but there’s no denying that she has accomplished a lot of good and overcome a lot of obstacles to get to where she is. She shone the light on a lot of tough issues and helped raise awareness too. I also think she can be too quick to be over-eager about things without knowing the full facts. Is it really necessary to be now selling a line of food products? When is enough enough?

I’d have to read a lot more on where she stands on issues first before deciding. I do believe that you need to have had some experience in local/state/federal government before running for higher office.

You put that very well. I agree.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34383
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Cass on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 am

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

I think any politician, no matter how altruistic is slightly egotistical.

Her speech last night was masterful. Reece’s introduction though made me shout oh so shut up.

Her style is too treacly sweet for me, but there’s no denying that she has accomplished a lot of good and overcome a lot of obstacles to get to where she is. She shone the light on a lot of tough issues and helped raise awareness too. I also think she can be too quick to be over-eager about things without knowing the full facts. Is it really necessary to be now selling a line of food products? When is enough enough?

I’d have to read a lot more on where she stands on issues first before deciding. I do believe that you need to have had some experience in local/state/federal government before running for higher office.

You put that very well. I agree.

I’m on fire tonight. Comes from doing absolutely NOTHING today but staying in my jams, arsing around on t’internet and reading 2 of my 7 books currently on my nightstand. Just what I needed. I plan to eat cookie dough later too. Smile

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

interestingly Oprah likes socialism

well most people with morals like helping your fellow citizen, would like socialism  Cool

And Oprah's childhood gives her a good understanding of why having a system of socially funded protections is beneficial for society, since I am sure she is aware that not everyone can be as lucky as her.

lol!

I think you're confusing socialist values with Christian values, helping your fellow man is a Christian attribute.

Socialism is primarily a system of economic ownership not morality.

Maybe people like socialism because they too are confusing it with Christianity, most people who actually live under socialist governments despise it.

Ask the Venezuelans.

But the point I was actually making was that Oprah was made wealthy under capitalism yet likes socialism, under which she would be just as poor as everyone else.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:24 am



The new leader of the me too movement

Mmmmmmmm I wonder if the metoo actually means "I knew, me too"


Last edited by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 am

Not sure America is ready for president that openly endorses a serial rapist

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:33 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

interestingly Oprah likes socialism

well most people with morals like helping your fellow citizen, would like socialism  Cool

And Oprah's childhood gives her a good understanding of why having a system of socially funded protections is beneficial for society, since I am sure she is aware that not everyone can be as lucky as her.

lol!

I think you're confusing socialist values with Christian values, helping your fellow man is a Christian attribute.

Socialism is primarily a system of economic ownership not morality.

Maybe people like socialism because they too are confusing it with Christianity, most people who actually live under socialist governments despise it.

Ask the Venezuelans.

But the point I was actually making was that Oprah was made wealthy under capitalism yet likes socialism, under which she would be just as poor as everyone else.


lol
good post highlighting you don't know what socialism is Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

everyone does NOT earn the same in Socialism,  
Socialism is merely government revenue being used to fund public services.

Christianity is not about helping your fellow man either, Jesus may have said to do that, but Christians Don't do that.
And Jesus was clearly socialist
What Would Jesus Do, to greedy money lovers that put Capitalistic practices first?
He would Turn their shops fronts over Tipping their tills and goods on the ground and then chase them around with a whip.   clappy

Image result for jesus money changers

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Not sure America is ready for president that openly endorses a serial rapist


LOL
says the cheerleader for 'Pussy grabber in Chief' Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17708
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

lol!

I think you're confusing socialist values with Christian values, helping your fellow man is a Christian attribute.

Socialism is primarily a system of economic ownership not morality.

Maybe people like socialism because they too are confusing it with Christianity, most people who actually live under socialist governments despise it.

Ask the Venezuelans.

But the point I was actually making was that Oprah was made wealthy under capitalism yet likes socialism, under which she would be just as poor as everyone else.


lol
good post highlighting you don't know what socialism is Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

everyone does NOT earn the same in Socialism,  
Socialism is merely government revenue being used to fund public services.

Christianity is not about helping your fellow man either, Jesus may have said to do that, but Christians Don't do that.
And Jesus was clearly socialist
What Would Jesus Do, to greedy money lovers that put Capitalistic practices first?
He would Turn their shops fronts over Tipping their tills and goods on the ground and then chase them around with a whip.   clappy

Image result for jesus money changers

Pay attention and remain calm, your emotional instability is infringing upon your reasoning

I never said everyone is paid the same in socialism I said everyone is equally poor, that's not the same as being paid the same.

Doctors don't get paid the same as Street sweepers but they don't get paid what they are worth.

The government steals the bulk of their labour and pays them a pittance because they can.

Under socialism their is no publicly owned enterprises and therefore the doctor and the street sweeper are forced to accept employment in the public sector where wages are dictated by government.

There is no prospect of leaving your job for a better paying job at a better company because all jobs and all companies are owned by the state.

All media is state owned as well so Oprahs famous talk show would be government owned and so would her fortune.

She would just be another pauper maybe slightly better off than the street sweeper but certainly not the vainglorious millionaire she is today

Jesus expelled the money changers because they were doing business in a place of worship not because he was socialist.

Do you suffer from tourettes??

Because your mouth seems to operate independently of thought

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 am

Oh and I love how you're suddenly a fan of jesus when you think you can use him to prove your point normally you're spitting on him when it suits you.

Hypocrisy much??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:47 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

well most people with morals like helping your fellow citizen, would like socialism  Cool

And Oprah's childhood gives her a good understanding of why having a system of socially funded protections is beneficial for society, since I am sure she is aware that not everyone can be as lucky as her.

lol!

I think you're confusing socialist values with Christian values, helping your fellow man is a Christian attribute.

Socialism is primarily a system of economic ownership not morality.

Morality?  If you want to know the technical meaning of socialism, it is a response to the lost of tools for the workers.  You see, writers like Locke and Adam Smith had declared the perfect economic system, as being the artisan with his tools.  Industrialism took the tools away form the artisan, so socialism was designed to put the tools back in the hands in the artisan.

Socialism has nothing to do with government, except that it is a convenient way to create capital and obviate the need for corporate capitalism.  There are alternatives, including the Czech Republic's  attempt to create worker's councils in 1968.

Maddog wrote:Maybe people like socialism because they too are confusing it with Christianity, most people who actually live under socialist governments despise it.

That is a good analogy. Christian charity is something that was lost in Pauline Christianity.

Maddog wrote:Ask the Venezuelans.

They have nothing to do with socialism.

Maddog wrote:But the point I was actually making was that Oprah was made wealthy under capitalism yet likes socialism, under which she would be just as poor as everyone else.

I don't think so.  Socialism doesn't inhibit making money.  It simply returns the means of production to the artisan.  Opera simply retains her own means of production.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23067
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah For President

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum