New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/nutrition/latest-health-fad-is-so-dangerous-food-safety-experts-assumed-it-was-a-joke/ar-BBHSMYM?ocid=ientp

In Silicon Valley, California US – home to a number of baffling food and drink trends – demand for unfiltered water is rapidly increasing.

Apparently, "unfiltered, untreated, un-sterilized spring water" is all the rage in San Francisco. Startups dedicated to flogging it are popping up. What's more, the craze is spreading, and 'raw water' has been selling for as much as £45 for 4.5 litres. Prices are only rising.

In preparation for Burning Man festival in Nevada, people such as Doug Evans from Juicero are gathering untreated H2O to sell. While a company called Tourmaline Spring sells the stuff as "sacred, living water". Another business called Live Water is also pushing the product.

Marler thinks the whole thing is ridiculous – and hazardous. He told BI: "Almost everything conceivable that can make you sick can be found in water.

"The diseases that killed our great-grandparents were completely forgotten about," he said.

"It's fine till some 10-year-old girl dies a horrible death from cholera in Montecito, California. You can't stop consenting adults from being stupid. But, we should at least try."


Marler believes the new trend is not dissimilar to people's obsession with raw milk. These ideas lack scientific evidence, but fall into the modern psyche of 'extreme health'.

Although there's a novel thing in drinking fresh, seemingly pure water straight from the source – while adventuring, this may be possible with experts like Ray Mears – the untrained commercialisation of such a practice is clearly ill considered.

Untreated water even from the cleanest of streams can be dangerous. The likes of E. coli, cholera, and Hepatitis A can all be found in unclean water. These can all be deadly.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm

sb wrote:Youthful recklessness is getting pissed and climbing scaffolding

Or walking on the edge of a wall with a death drop to one side.

That's sort of raw water, isn't it?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 pm

sb wrote:Like I said, the poorest of the poor in the most backwards and unsophisticated parts of Africa know better than to drink "raw" water if they can avoid it, the reason they do drink that shit is because it's all they have to drink and they tend to die from it.

Kids in Africa know enough not to walk on walls, or climb on scaffolding.

IDK, something happens to rich kids. They seem to think they are invincible...or daddy will take care of it.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:06 pm

sb wrote:Silicon Valley liberal types may be super educated but they are thick as mince.

Frankly, I don't think they are super-educated. They are technically trained.

sb wrote:I told you that this is a result of liberals destroying their past in an attempt to free themselves from what they consider the sins of that past.

You would be wrong. Silicon valley types are spoiled rich kids, who went to Stanford University, and learned technical skills that they are riding the wave of as we speak.

sb wrote:Tearing down statues, rewriting history, erasing the past.

By statues, are your referring to Robert E. Lee or Jefferson Davis? Would you feel comfortable with a statue of Hitler in Trafalgar Square? After all, they were the leaders of the enemy.

sb wrote:Now they are drifting rudderless, attaching to whatever fab that makes them feel part of something because they have willfully discarded their own heritage and now have nothing build on.

Bullshit, they are buying homes in Marin County and memberships in the Sausalito Yacht Club. As I've said, they are as Republican and conservative as any wealthy enclave.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:You said educated people tend to go liberal, silicon Valley is full of educated people, therefore by your own logic the majority must be liberal

Are you abandoning your stand point on that??

There's a big difference in education.  Doctors are educated; do you think they are liberal?  Getting educated in hard science is not really getting education; its more memory than thinking.  Myself, having gotten both a PhD and a law degree, I have had both experiences...and I'm here to tell you, they are vastly different.

First, Stanford University is founded on rich kids, so they have wealthy habits developed at and early age.  Then, computer science departments straddle the technical world, and the creative world.  Computer programming--and I received a minor in it at Berkeley--is not natural science, tbs, but you are dealing with given patterns (like nature) and you have to learn how to work within those patterns.  That's what we mean by technical, and it requires mostly memory.

A contemporary liberal is a social problem solver.  That's why conservatives don't like them...because they play around with things in the social world.  A hard, or technical scientist is and thinks more like the physician: stay within the patterns, and stash as much cash as you can in the outside world.

Silicon valley types are not educated people in the broad sense (they can be, but not generally).  What I meant when I said  the more educated you get, the more liberal you become, requires educated thinkers, not educated technicians.

Bullshit do you have a PhD in law, that is something that I am simply unwilling to countenance.

I accept that you have a slightly better understanding of some areas of law, but I cannot believe that a person who thinks that clicking his Hills together three times while chanting "Donald trump colluded with the Russians" is evidence of Donald trump colluding with Russians, has a PhD and a law degree

No fucking way, no fucking how do you have a law degree.

If you actually hold such degrees ?? Then it is less a personal accolade and more an indictment of the US legal system.

What do you think lawyers are??

They are technicians of law. Laws are laid down and lawyers operate within the boundaries using the rules and restrictions.

Being educated in law doesn't mean youre an intelligent thinker, being a good or bad lawyer is dependant on how well you memorise the laws and how good you are at using those laws to achieve the desired result.

But law is strerile, it's orchestrated it doesn't require dynamic or intelligent on the fly thinking or problem solving.

You consider law to be education only attainable by those intelligent thinkers and medicine or engineering to no more than technical diplomas achievable by any one with passable lessons of intelligence.

That's arrogance on a galactic level, and wrong.a doctor is no less educated than a lawyer,an engineer is no less educated than a doctor

You can't build a bridge, a doctor can't argue a legal case and an engineer can't heal a patient.

You're not more educated than a doctor or an engineer.

And being a liberal is not dependant on your level of education or how high you judge your own intelligence to be, because let me tell Quill, in the wake of Trump and Brexit?? The world saw just how uneducated and stupid liberals can be.





_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:Youthful recklessness is getting pissed and climbing scaffolding

Or walking on the edge of a wall with a death drop to one side.

That's sort of raw water, isn't it?

No

That's the misguided sense of invulnerability, arrogance and over confidence inherent in young people which causes them to take such risks, they take those risks on the belief that if things go wrong, they will be able to hang on or stop themselves falling or that things simply won't go wrong.

You won't find those who take such risks, sticking a fork in a plug socket or sticking a loaded gun in their mouths and pulling the trigger for a dare, youthful recklessness is tempered by common sense when the risk becomes a certainty.

Knowing that dirty causes diseases and then choosing to drink dirty water is a symptom of utter stupidity and a complete lack of common sense.

The fact that these idiots are liberals is no surprise

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

sb wrote:Bullshit do you have a PhD in law,

Haha...I feel like Michael Wolff, talking to Donald Trump. Pay attention...I said I have a PhD and a JD (law degree).

sb wrote:that is something that I am simply unwilling to countenance.

I don't own that problem, Russ. I am not responsible for your state of mind.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:Silicon Valley liberal types may be super educated but they are thick as mince.

Frankly, I don't think they are super-educated.  They are technically trained.

sb wrote:I told you that this is a result of liberals destroying their past in an attempt to free themselves from what they consider the sins of that past.

You would be wrong.  Silicon valley types are spoiled rich kids, who went to Stanford University, and learned technical skills that they are riding the wave of as we speak.

sb wrote:Tearing down statues, rewriting history, erasing the past.

By statues, are your referring to Robert E. Lee or Jefferson Davis?  Would you feel comfortable with a statue of Hitler in Trafalgar Square?  After all, they were the leaders of the enemy.

sb wrote:Now they are drifting rudderless, attaching to whatever fab that makes them feel part of something because they have willfully discarded their own heritage and now have nothing build on.

Bullshit, they are buying homes in Marin County and memberships in the Sausalito Yacht Club.  As I've said, they are as Republican and conservative as any wealthy enclave.

I would sooner have a statue of Hitler than have him erased from history.

But hey if your educated liberals want to erase your past you crack on.

How will you continue to blame whites for everything that goes wrong??

You liberals don't do irony do you??

You're all tearing down the statues because they offend you, and you hate what they represent, yet all you're doing is absolving those past transgressions by erasing them, making it like it never happened.

When you attempt to whine about slavery and Americas racist past, future generations will look at you in bewilderment and say "America never engaged in slavery" because all the evidence of that past would have been rewritten or erased.

That's how intelligent liberals are.

So much for your higher education.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 pm

sb wrote:Being educated in law doesn't mean youre an intelligent thinker, being a good or bad lawyer is dependant on how well you memorise the laws and how good you are at using those laws to achieve the desired result.

Pay attention to what I said.  I raised the point only to justify, from experience, a distinction I was making between education and technical training.  I have been through both kinds of education, and I am in a unique position to compare and contrast.

I agree with you about lawyers and legal training; lawyers are not given a comprehensive education, they are given a technical education.  As we were told in law school, it's a protracted preparatory course for the Bar Exam.

A PhD course is a much more in-depth inquiry, and culminates in requiring the student to study and write a major, completely original thesis (dissertation), in addition to undergoing comprehensive written and oral exams and an oral challenge to the dissertation.

Lawyers, like physicians, are given technical, professional training.  Their training is about 3- or 4-levels deep.  A PhD, comparatively, is about 16-levels deep.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:Being educated in law doesn't mean youre an intelligent thinker, being a good or bad lawyer is dependant on how well you memorise the laws and how good you are at using those laws to achieve the desired result.

Pay attention to what I said.  I raised the point only to justify, from experience, a distinction I was making between education and technical training.  I have been through both kinds of education, and I am in a unique position to compare and contrast.

I agree with you about lawyers and legal training; lawyers are not given a comprehensive education, they are given a technical education.  As we were told in law school, it's a protracted preparatory course for the Bar Exam.

A PhD course is a much more in-depth inquiry, and culminates in requiring the student to study and write a major, completely original thesis (dissertation), in addition to undergoing comprehensive written and oral exams and an oral challenge to the dissertation.

Lawyers, like physicians, are given technical, professional training.  Their training is about 3- or 4-levels deep.  A PhD, comparatively, is about 16-levels deep.

Well done.

You seem rather insecure about your level of education there Quill.

Telling me all about it like I give a shit.

Having a PhD in law doesn't make you more educated than an engineer or doctor WHO Doesn't have a PhD in medicine of engineering.

It only makes you more educated than a LAWYER who lacks a PhD in LAW.

A PhD is in essence nothing more than expansion or specialist training in your particular field of expertise.

It could be argued that a special forces soldier has a PhD in soldiering.

Would you say that you on a par in education with an SBS commando??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm

sb wrote:I would sooner have a statue of Hitler than have him erased from history.

That's OK.  Frankly, liberals don't really care that much.

It's only brought up when conservatives (like Trump) make a big deal about statues and history.  What does it mean to say you are honoring someone who had committed treason?  To say that it is a "cultural heritage" (in this case) is to say you still honor slavery and dissolution.

Frankly, I've also come to the conclusion that dissolution is inevitable, but not slavery.  It's a simple embracing of real fact. I think that there can never be an accord between the racism of the south, and the open society of the northeast and the west.  If we can arrive at a peaceful disunion--as you Brits almost did with Scotland--it would be great!

As the 6th-largest economy in the world, California could sail off with, perhaps, a few others tagging along.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Pay attention to what I said.  I raised the point only to justify, from experience, a distinction I was making between education and technical training.  I have been through both kinds of education, and I am in a unique position to compare and contrast.

I agree with you about lawyers and legal training; lawyers are not given a comprehensive education, they are given a technical education.  As we were told in law school, it's a protracted preparatory course for the Bar Exam.

A PhD course is a much more in-depth inquiry, and culminates in requiring the student to study and write a major, completely original thesis (dissertation), in addition to undergoing comprehensive written and oral exams and an oral challenge to the dissertation.

Lawyers, like physicians, are given technical, professional training.  Their training is about 3- or 4-levels deep.  A PhD, comparatively, is about 16-levels deep.

Well done.

You seem rather insecure about your level of education there Quill.

Telling me all about it like I give a shit.

Having a PhD in law doesn't make you more educated than an engineer or doctor WHO Doesn't have a PhD in medicine of engineering.

It only makes you more educated than a LAWYER who lacks a PhD in LAW.

A PhD is in essence nothing more than expansion or specialist training in your particular field of expertise.

It could be argued that a special forces soldier has a PhD in soldiering.

Would you say that you on a par in education with an SBS commando??

Clearly, the point was wasted on you.  I'm not interested in your change of the subject.  I have neither inclination, nor obligation to alter your state of mind.

I was just drawing from experience to make a point, as you would about So. Africa, or nicko would about having been in the military.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Well done.

You seem rather insecure about your level of education there Quill.

Telling me all about it like I give a shit.

Having a PhD in law doesn't make you more educated than an engineer or doctor WHO Doesn't have a PhD in medicine of engineering.

It only makes you more educated than a LAWYER who lacks a PhD in LAW.

A PhD is in essence nothing more than expansion or specialist training in your particular field of expertise.

It could be argued that a special forces soldier has a PhD in soldiering.

Would you say that you on a par in education with an SBS commando??

Clearly, the point was wasted on you.  I'm not interested in your change of the subject.  I have neither inclination, nor obligation to alter your state of mind.

I was just drawing from experience to make a point, as you would about So. Africa, or nicko would about having been in the military.



So much for your superior intelligence

Tuck tail and run then

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:15 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's sort of raw water, isn't it?

No

That's the misguided sense of invulnerability,  arrogance and over confidence  inherent in young people which causes them to take such risks, they take those risks on the belief that if things go wrong, they will be able to hang on or stop themselves falling or that things simply won't go wrong.

You won't find those who take such risks, sticking a fork in a plug socket or sticking a loaded gun in their mouths and pulling the trigger for a dare, youthful recklessness is tempered by common sense when the risk becomes a certainty.

Knowing that dirty causes diseases and then choosing to drink dirty water is a symptom of utter stupidity and a complete lack of common sense.

The fact that these idiots are liberals is no surprise

Rolling Eyes

You really are an arrogant know-nothing fuckwit, Smelly'...

1. You have no evidence that those whacko's are "liberals;"

2. You have proved before that you wouldn't recognise a genuine liberal if you ever met one..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6451
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:31 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No

That's the misguided sense of invulnerability,  arrogance and over confidence  inherent in young people which causes them to take such risks, they take those risks on the belief that if things go wrong, they will be able to hang on or stop themselves falling or that things simply won't go wrong.

You won't find those who take such risks, sticking a fork in a plug socket or sticking a loaded gun in their mouths and pulling the trigger for a dare, youthful recklessness is tempered by common sense when the risk becomes a certainty.

Knowing that dirty causes diseases and then choosing to drink dirty water is a symptom of utter stupidity and a complete lack of common sense.

The fact that these idiots are liberals is no surprise

Rolling Eyes

You really are an arrogant know-nothing fuckwit,  Smelly'...

1.   You have no evidence that those whacko's are "liberals;"

2.   You have proved before that you wouldn't recognise a genuine liberal if you ever met one..

I was wrong

You are the brains of the outfit

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:43 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No

That's the misguided sense of invulnerability,  arrogance and over confidence  inherent in young people which causes them to take such risks, they take those risks on the belief that if things go wrong, they will be able to hang on or stop themselves falling or that things simply won't go wrong.

You won't find those who take such risks, sticking a fork in a plug socket or sticking a loaded gun in their mouths and pulling the trigger for a dare, youthful recklessness is tempered by common sense when the risk becomes a certainty.

Knowing that dirty causes diseases and then choosing to drink dirty water is a symptom of utter stupidity and a complete lack of common sense.

The fact that these idiots are liberals is no surprise

Rolling Eyes

You really are an arrogant know-nothing fuckwit,  Smelly'...

1.   You have no evidence that those whacko's are "liberals;"

2.   You have proved before that you wouldn't recognise a genuine liberal if you ever met one..

If this happened in Alabama you would.draw conclusions about their politics based on their location. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Clearly, the point was wasted on you.  I'm not interested in your change of the subject.  I have neither inclination, nor obligation to alter your state of mind.

I was just drawing from experience to make a point, as you would about So. Africa, or nicko would about having been in the military.



So much for your superior intelligence

Tuck tail and run then

Well, I have won.

My work is finished. Twisted Evil

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:



So much for your superior intelligence

Tuck tail and run then

Well, I have won.

My work is finished.  Twisted Evil

Yeah OK

You flounced off in a huff because I pointed out that having a PhD in law doesn't make you the "intelligent thinker" you see yourself as.

Its clear you think law is some kind of higher calling, but law is overly complicated, made so by the people who make it, in order to keep it exclusive.

Law came be simplified down to technical diplomas level, there is no need to issue a 500,000,00 paged document costing the tax payer millions to change the speed limit by 5 miles per hour.

On the other hand Medicine cannot be simplified nor can engineering, in fact its only among such fields of expertise that the truly intelligent thinkers exist, there are always new medical and engineering procedures coming out

but law is as stale, dusty and inert now as it was 100 years ago, there is no new surefire way to secure convictions, even the use of DNA, CCTV and other available technologies used by lawyers to secure convictions are made available from outside fields of expertise.

Those fields of expertise you ironically call "not proper education"

Not only do those technical fields who suffer from "lower" education levels according to you, provide you with the tools to be better at your job, they are actually significantly more useful in everyday life than a degree in law.

No Quill, being educated in law is not a higher level of education in any way shape or form.

I would say it represents the least ambitious, the lowest hanging fruit

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, I have won.

My work is finished.  Twisted Evil

Yeah OK

You flounced off in a huff because I pointed out that having a PhD in law doesn't make you the "intelligent thinker" you see yourself as.

ts clear you think law is some kind of higher calling, but law is overly complicated, made so by the people who make it, in order to keep it exclusive.

Law came be simplified down to technical diplomas level, there is no need to issue a 500,000,00 paged document costing the tax payer millions to change the speed limit by 5 miles per hour.

I never said it was.  To the contrary, I said law was a "technical" effort, undeserving of a real doctorate.

Believe me, I think that my law degree was something to do because I was bored.  It was a side-calling, something I did when I had too much time on my hands.  The fact that it made me more money was incidental.  You do what comes natural.

SB wrote:On the other hand Medicine cannot be simplified nor can engineering, in fact its only among such fields of expertise that the truly intelligent thinkers exist, there are always new medical and engineering procedures coming out

but law is as stale, dusty and inert now as it was 100 years ago, there is no new surefire way to secure convictions, even the use of DNA, CCTV and other available technologies used by lawyers to secure convictions are made available from outside fields of expertise.

Those fields of expertise you ironically call "not proper education"

Listen to what I said.  Law and the so-called hard science disciplines have one thing in common: intellectual effort by memorization.  A true doctorate requires actual discovery or design...and heuristic effort.  Rote memory is for people who pour over dictionaries and schedules.

SB wrote:Not only do those technical fields who suffer from "lower" education levels according to you, provide you with the tools to be better at your job, they are actually significantly more useful in everyday life than a degree in law.

No Quill, being educated in law is not a higher level of education in any way shape or form.

I would say it represents the least ambitious, the lowest hanging fruit

First, you have confused what I have said.  I said that law was a technical science.  I"m no more impressed with my law degree that you are.  It's a low-level accomplishment, but one that made a lot more money.

This whole thing began with my distinction between a technical education and a truly academic education.  Law and medicine are technical educations, that live within a paradigm.  A PhD operates on the fringes of heuristic thinking, not just learning about the body or the law, but thinking beyond, as in what could be.  It's in the nature of the endeavor, not in the subject matter.  A lawyer or a physician is a mechanic, whereas a PhD is a conceptual scientist.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

"One recent morning in the hills of Berkeley, Calif., Cody Friesen, the founder and chief executive of Zero Mass Water, was inspecting water collection panels he had installed for his investor Skip Battle, a longtime tech leader who now sits on the boards of LinkedIn, Netflix and OpenTable."


From the NY Times. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:"One recent morning in the hills of Berkeley, Calif., Cody Friesen, the founder and chief executive of Zero Mass Water, was inspecting water collection panels he had installed for his investor Skip Battle, a longtime tech leader who now sits on the boards of LinkedIn, Netflix and OpenTable."

From the NY Times.  Wink

Yes, hydropanel collection systems eliminate the need for plastic containers, eliminating the trash patch in the middle of the Pacific.  Big problem.




_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New 'Health' trend: Raw Water

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum