No boys allowed.....

Go down

No boys allowed.....

Post by Maddog on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:08 pm

When George St. George and a friend tried to attend Iliza Shlesinger’s comedy show in November, an employee at the theatre said the California man and his companion would have to sit in the back of the theatre.

It wasn’t because they were late, a lawsuit from St. George alleges, and both had already purchased tickets for the show online.

Instead, it was because St. George and his friend are men, and Shlesinger’s show was billed as “Girls Night In With Iliza — No Boys Allowed.”

The theatre had not yet started seating guests, so the two men decided to go grab some food at a nearby restaurant. But when they came back, that same employee told St. George that “Iliza” and The Coronet Theatre decided they could not attend that night’s show, instead offering to give them a refund.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article191928954.html


Now, I'm perfectly fine with them banning men, because I believe in freedom of association. No one should ever be forced to serve someone they don't want to. It will be interesting to see how the self righteous hypocrites around here react to this, if they react at all. Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Hahahaha you'll be lucky.

St George is a fucking stupid name.

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35633
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Maddog on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahaha you'll be lucky.

St George is a fucking stupid name.

He has a cross at least. What does St Eddie have? Wink

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahahaha you'll be lucky.

St George is a fucking stupid name.

He has a cross at least. What does St Eddie have?  Wink

The hot inner stare of a gypsy and the heart of a warrior.

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35633
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Didge on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Maddog wrote:When George St. George and a friend tried to attend Iliza Shlesinger’s comedy show in November, an employee at the theatre said the California man and his companion would have to sit in the back of the theatre.

It wasn’t because they were late, a lawsuit from St. George alleges, and both had already purchased tickets for the show online.

Instead, it was because St. George and his friend are men, and Shlesinger’s show was billed as “Girls Night In With Iliza — No Boys Allowed.”

The theatre had not yet started seating guests, so the two men decided to go grab some food at a nearby restaurant. But when they came back, that same employee told St. George that “Iliza” and The Coronet Theatre decided they could not attend that night’s show, instead offering to give them a refund.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article191928954.html


Now, I'm perfectly fine with them banning men, because I believe in freedom of association. No one should ever be forced to serve someone they don't want to. It will be interesting to see how the self righteous hypocrites around here react to this, if they react at all.  Wink  


Still discrimination, where the men could sue.
The Theatre had already accepted their money for the tickets.
At the end of the day, the theater has spoilt their night and its gender discrimination.

Very easy to sort this one out, to be honest

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 12984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Syl on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm

As soon as I read he was comparing his plight to Rosa Parks situation.....oddly I lost all empathy for him.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16211
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 pm

thats gonna be pretty hard to enforce when this brute turns up



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Syl on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahaha you'll be lucky.

St George is a fucking stupid name.

Its actually George St George. Twisted Evil

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16211
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahahaha you'll be lucky.

St George is a fucking stupid name.

Its actually George St George. Twisted Evil

His parents were obviously a special kind of fucked up.

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35633
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Didge on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its actually George St George. Twisted Evil

His parents were obviously a special kind of fucked up.  


Why?

Just because you do not like the name, does not mean they were fucked up.

If a singer had such a name, I doubt you would say it was fucked up

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 12984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by gelico on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:36 pm



it wouldnt work anyway

i agree with the concept of having girls only night and banning men but firstly they should have refused the online booking, secondly Boaty McBoatface and chum could quite easily just say they ''identify as women'' and that's the end of the argument


gelico

Posts : 1516
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Maddog on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:When George St. George and a friend tried to attend Iliza Shlesinger’s comedy show in November, an employee at the theatre said the California man and his companion would have to sit in the back of the theatre.

It wasn’t because they were late, a lawsuit from St. George alleges, and both had already purchased tickets for the show online.

Instead, it was because St. George and his friend are men, and Shlesinger’s show was billed as “Girls Night In With Iliza — No Boys Allowed.”

The theatre had not yet started seating guests, so the two men decided to go grab some food at a nearby restaurant. But when they came back, that same employee told St. George that “Iliza” and The Coronet Theatre decided they could not attend that night’s show, instead offering to give them a refund.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article191928954.html


Now, I'm perfectly fine with them banning men, because I believe in freedom of association. No one should ever be forced to serve someone they don't want to. It will be interesting to see how the self righteous hypocrites around here react to this, if they react at all.  Wink  


Still discrimination, where the men could sue.
The Theatre had already accepted their money for the tickets.
At the end of the day, the theater has spoilt their night and its gender discrimination.

Very easy to sort this one out, to be honest

But they probably won't win their lawsuit. All discrimination is not created equal.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Didge on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:42 pm

gelico wrote:

it wouldnt work anyway

i agree with the concept of having girls only night and banning men but firstly they should have refused the online booking, secondly Boaty McBoatface and chum could quite easily just say they ''identify as women'' and that's the end of the argument



I do not agree with the concept at all.
Its gender discrimination, which would lead and allow to Islamic groups segregating men and women.
Its backwards in thinking and wrong. As you basically then are allowing religious groups to ban women from places of worship, when men are woshipping.
Hence why there is laws against it and why even this theater has since stop such girl only nights.

Simples

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 12984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Syl on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:thats gonna be pretty hard to enforce when this brute turns up



Idiot....she is now a woman having undergone years of torment, treatment and surgery.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16211
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by eddie on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its actually George St George. Twisted Evil

His parents were obviously a special kind of fucked up.  


Why?

Just because you do not like the name, does not mean they were fucked up.

If a singer had such a name, I doubt you would say it was fucked up

Humour. That's what it's called. It ryhmes with puma. But that's where the similarities end unless there is a very hilarious mountain lion somewhere telling jokes.

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35633
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Maddog on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:02 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:


Why?

Just because you do not like the name, does not mean they were fucked up.

If a singer had such a name, I doubt you would say it was fucked up

Humour. That's what it's called.  It ryhmes with puma. But that's where the similarities end unless there is a very hilarious mountain lion somewhere telling jokes.

You talk funny.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by eddie on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:


Why?

Just because you do not like the name, does not mean they were fucked up.

If a singer had such a name, I doubt you would say it was fucked up

Humour. That's what it's called.  It ryhmes with puma. But that's where the similarities end unless there is a very hilarious mountain lion somewhere telling jokes.

You talk funny.

So do y'all. Cool

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35633
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No boys allowed.....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum