What do you really want for Christmas?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 pm

I've had a really strange and at times, really tough year. I'd like to say I'd be unselfish and ask for world peace and shit but really, I'm hoping to get through the day without feeling too sad about Lisa. It's a day all about my children really and that's what I really want for Christmas....that they have a day of fun.

So. What do you want?


I really wish you all a lovely holiday, however you celebrate it.
I mean that.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:42 pm

You will get through the day Eddie, you have kids who will see to that. Smile
Christmas is always hard when loved ones can no longer be with us, and for you its all very fresh.
Lisa will want you to be happy.....just as if the situation had been reversed you would want her to be happy.

I just want a peacful time and to see my family enjoying themselves.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:13 am

eddie wrote:I've had a really strange and at times, really tough year. I'd like to say I'd be unselfish and ask for world peace and shit but really, I'm hoping to get through the day without feeling too sad about Lisa. It's a day all about my children really and that's what I really want for Christmas....that they have a day of fun.

So. What do you want?


I really wish you all a lovely holiday, however you celebrate it.
I mean that.

I want a GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Cass on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:53 am

eddie wrote:I've had a really strange and at times, really tough year. I'd like to say I'd be unselfish and ask for world peace and shit but really, I'm hoping to get through the day without feeling too sad about Lisa. It's a day all about my children really and that's what I really want for Christmas....that they have a day of fun.

So. What do you want?


I really wish you all a lovely holiday, however you celebrate it.
I mean that.

It’s been hard for you love. Be at peace and have a good day with the kids x

Me? A nice day with the family, some good eats and drinks, a few laughs with a new quiz game and later my comfy bed with a new good book.

and world peace too.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 am

present

I reckon peace on earth, and an end to so many environmental and humanitarian problems besetting this planet, would be foremost on most peoples wishlists here (except for 2 or 3 misanthropes we need not name..), so we can take that as a given...

A nice, happy and cheerful day with family and friends ? That notion was pretty well destroyed for me over the years, so I'm not even going there..

From a purely selfish and personal viewpoint, what I would like is more room to spread out around here, with more peace and quiet -- even though I live out on the fringes, this area has gradually become more suburbanised, noisier, faster, busier. Some people like things that way, but not me. Nor is it simply a matter of "upping stakes, and moving on..", as economics, the real estate market, government policies, personal circumstances, all conspire to make such moves more complicated than it would have been 20 or 30 years ago -- Maybe in another 5 or 10 years..

So while I am quite happy to wish everyone else a merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year, for me it will be simply another day in another week...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:50 am

Thank you Syl. I didn't intend for this to be a self-pitying thread, I was just being honest, but I do appreciate your words.


Your last sentence is right. We all just seem to want others to have a great time.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 am

I guess Christmas is really, all about being with the ones that you love dearly.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:33 am

eddie wrote:I guess Christmas is really, all about being with the ones that you love dearly.


I disagree, as it should never be the focal point. A religious festival. A single day of the year, to be at one and peace. To then claim, this day sigifies insecurities. A want and need, when you should be at one with every person who know and love in memory. Its something that can never be taken away from us.

Christmas, is nothing more than a holiday. Like many otyhers

Where everday is all about , those we most love. Hence celbrate that dailly Eddie.

To elevate such a day, over all the others. Creates a false and fear based control system. That now, Chistmas and not all the other days of the year. Are being about the ones we most love.

Christmas is whatever you want it to be about. But anyone can feel love, without religious commands

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 9162
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:38 am

What I want for Christmas is for the atheists to have to work over the Christmas period since they don't believe in baby jesus

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:55 am

smelly-bandit wrote:What I want for Christmas is for the atheists to have to work over the Christmas period since they don't believe  in baby jesus


So let me get this straight. You want to force people into working. On days that are permenantly classed as public holidays. Only those who do not believe the Christianity religion

The same non-belief you have to thousands of other religious belief systems?

I would rather, we did away with the absurd religious stand point in defining a pubic holiday

So based on smelly's premise, he allows his Aparthied veil  to slip off yet again. In order to segregate society,

Where smelly basically punishes all non-Christians. on Christmas day. Ircing them to work. Introucing a very warp

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 9162
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:40 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
What I want for Christmas is for the atheists to have to work over the Christmas period since they don't believe  in baby jesus

Rolling Eyes

First off, you're not a genuine Christian anyway, SmellyNoFriends,  so nobody with even half a brain could give a fuck for what you want...

Secondly, Jesus was born in early Spring, while the shepherds were watching over their flocks by night --  meaning that you should be celebrating his birthday in March or April,  if you were genuine..

Third --  the Christmas period was origionally a pagan holiday, borrowed by the Romans, and later on hijacked by the Church to give them a ready-made holy day to celebrate Jesus' birthday.

Finally,  the fact that most workers even get some holidays off over Christmas and New Year is down to the actions of so many Trade Unions over the past 130 years..

And considering that you yourself are so anti-Labour, anti-Union, anti-Social and pro-Corporatist,
SmellyFascistPrick,  you are the one who should be working through Christmas, to show your solid support for your supposed anti-worker beliefs  !!!

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Miffs2 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:53 am

Well that went south fairly quickly. Another lovely well intentioned thread ruined. Some of you on here need to have a look at yourselves, if anyone other than smelly had made that post it would have got a few LOLs.
Grow the feck up.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Miffs2 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:58 am

Anyhow, it's been at best a mixed year. For those that have lost those they loved, I hope Christmas brings you comfort and peace. To my friends on here, one of my New Years resolutions is to keep in better touch!
Wishing you all love and peace in your hearts this Christmas.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Christmas eh? So many people have difficulties with Christmas. It can be quite hard work really what with all the shopping, travelling, and having to be cheerful. Laughing

I do know people who will be on their own tomorrow, and they're absolutely fine with it, so Christmas isn't always about being with family or friends. I know others who feel they have to do something, but they don't really have to - it's just social pressure. Also, you can guarantee that someone will always have a stinking cold on Christmas day. Razz


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30378
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Christmas eh? So many people have difficulties with Christmas. It can be quite hard work really what with all the shopping, travelling, and having to be cheerful. Laughing

I do know people who will be on their own tomorrow, and they're absolutely fine with it, so Christmas isn't always about being with family or friends. I know others who feel they have to do something, but they don't really have to - it's just social pressure. Also, you can guarantee that someone will always have a stinking cold on Christmas day.   Razz

That was me last year...not a cold, a horrible virus that came on suddenly on Christmas eve....I had to cancel all the Christmas plans and was ill for over 2 weeks.  Rolling Eyes

Many people are on their own and like it that way.
I do think that all the merriment (often false) can make lonely people even lonelier though, people are so wrapped up in themselves they often don't see that.

Didge, Christmas is a time to be with loved ones if you can be, its not always practical to see each other on a regular basis, so its nice when people make the effort and meet up and celebrate together.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:41 pm

eddie wrote:Thank you Syl. I didn't intend for this to be a self-pitying thread, I was just being honest, but I do appreciate your words.


Your last sentence is right. We all just seem to want others to have a great time.

No its not a self pitying thread, but Christmas and people we love go together, its natural to feel their loss more keenly at this time of year.
I still miss my Mum being around at Christmas and she died in 2010.

We could have said we want world peace and to abolish hunger in the world....but I think many a Miss World contestant beat us to it. Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Christmas eh? So many people have difficulties with Christmas. It can be quite hard work really what with all the shopping, travelling, and having to be cheerful. Laughing

I do know people who will be on their own tomorrow, and they're absolutely fine with it, so Christmas isn't always about being with family or friends. I know others who feel they have to do something, but they don't really have to - it's just social pressure. Also, you can guarantee that someone will always have a stinking cold on Christmas day.   Razz

That was me last year...not a cold, a horrible virus that came on suddenly on Christmas eve....I had to cancel all the Christmas plans and was ill for over 2 weeks.  Rolling Eyes

Many people are on their own and like it that way.
I do think that all the merriment (often false) can make lonely people even lonelier though, people are so wrapped up in themselves they often don't see that.

Didge, Christmas is a time to be with loved ones if you can be, its not always practical to see each other on a regular basis, so its nice when people make the effort and meet up and celebrate together.

Yes, all the talk of how it's a time to be with family and friends can make people feel there's something wrong with them if they're happy to be on their own. They might get invited elsewhere, but they'd probably rather be at home eating mince pies and watching their favourite films anyway. Laughing

Travelling over Christmas can take up so much time and be so stressful that Christmas isn't a very relaxing time. The best time to drive anywhere is actually Christmas morning - I've done that quite often.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30378
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I imagine many people on their own enjoy the peace and quiet of Christmas day after all the hustle and bustle that seems to start earlier and earlier each year.

If I was on my own I think I would plan my TV viewing for the day, eat snacks and nuts and drink a nice bottle of wine, then go to bed with a good book and be glad all the bloody fuss is over for another year.  cheers

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 pm

eddie wrote:I've had a really strange and at times, really tough year. I'd like to say I'd be unselfish and ask for world peace and shit but really, I'm hoping to get through the day without feeling too sad about Lisa. It's a day all about my children really and that's what I really want for Christmas....that they have a day of fun.

So. What do you want?


I really wish you all a lovely holiday, however you celebrate it.
I mean that.

Hope and pray you have a lovely 2018.
Lisa is in a better place x
Wish you all a very happy Christmas and a very prosperous new year xxx

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2855
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:47 pm

I think I could have a great Christmas on my own! I'd prepare for it by buying stuff all year and wrapping it...then come Christmas Day I'd have tons of stuff to open that I actually want!
Eat what i want all day, drink whiskey and watch back to back comedy.
Fabulous.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:56 pm

this is what you should all want for Christmas




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Hahahahahaha I'm actually pretty sure even you wouldn't listen to that smelly.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by nicko on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Eddie, my Son has bought his Sister a large bottle of Jack Daniels, neither her nor I like it. If you lived nearer i'd drop it off !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9319
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Jules on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Enjoy your Christmas holiday folks.

Been fun chatting with ya's.

God bless!! present

_________________
Make your stumbles part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2352
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:14 pm

nicko wrote:Eddie, my Son has bought his Sister a large bottle of Jack Daniels,  neither her nor I like it.   If you lived nearer i'd drop it off !

That would've been great! Don't you know anyone who likes it that you can give it to as a gift?

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Cass on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Anyhow, it's been at best a mixed year. For those that have lost those they loved, I hope Christmas brings you comfort and peace. To my friends on here, one of my New Years resolutions is to keep in better touch!
Wishing you all love and peace in your hearts this Christmas.

Merry Christmas love xx

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you all!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20042
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by nicko on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:32 pm

It's 9.25pm here in Brum, I'm stuffed to the Gills, a little pissed on Vodka, The Children, Grandchildren and Great grandchildren and all their Parents have all left and it's just the Wife, me and the cat, [who spent nearly all day upstairs out of the way] IT's nice to see them come, but by heck it's nice to see them go. So to all here have a great New Year..........hic !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9319
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by sassy on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:35 pm

A quick Happy Yule to all.  I'm a very lucky lady, I got the most beautiful gift from my lovely partner.   I'm obsessed with wolves and their spirit and social behaviour, I think they are the most amazing creatures.  My fella found me this from a Pagan artist who I had never heard of before, Her name is Lisa Parker, she calls him The Guardian of the North, I call him Spirit.



Bright Blessings to the coming days, I think we are going to need them.


_________________
Shulamit Aoni - Former Israeli Cabinet Member, Winner of the Israeli Prize
'Antisemitism is a trick we use to suppress criticism of Israel'


To hate Jews because they are Jews is abhorrent, to criticise the war crimes of Israel is a human duty.
avatar
sassy

Posts : 17767
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:07 am

Beautiful, sassy. Have a Happy Christmas--what's left of it--indeed, to all!!

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23020
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:13 am

I had a great Christmas, but if I could ask for one thing it would be the end of irrational hatred. Some hatred actually makes sense, but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Ben wrote:Some hatred actually makes sense, but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.

That's the perennial question, innit?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23020
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Jules on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a great Christmas, but if I could ask for one thing it would be the end of irrational hatred. Some hatred actually makes sense,

but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.
AMEN!!!! 

_________________
Make your stumbles part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2352
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Didge on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:01 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a great Christmas, but if I could ask for one thing it would be the end of irrational hatred. Some hatred actually makes sense, but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.

Irrational, as how does any hate make sense?

What you are basically saying, is that what you hate is acceptable and other hate is not.

When no hate is acceptable, as what does hate ever achieve?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 9162
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am

sassy wrote:A quick Happy Yule to all.  I'm a very lucky lady, I got the most beautiful gift from my lovely partner.   I'm obsessed with wolves and their spirit and social behaviour, I think they are the most amazing creatures.  My fella found me this from a Pagan artist who I had never heard of before, Her name is Lisa Parker, she calls him The Guardian of the North, I call him Spirit.



Bright Blessings to the coming days, I think we are going to need them.


Sassy, that is the most beautiful present, I could look at it for ages, its mesmerising.

I am like Nicko now....family was here yesterday, and today boxing day I always make a big buffet for son, grandsons and various girlfriends, and lovely though that is, its knackering....how lovely is it when they all happily go on their way, and OH and me are left alone....bliss.
Wouldnt have it any other way though.

I really hope you all, whatever you got up to, had a very happy time over the last couple of days. I love you

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am


_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Maddog on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:27 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a great Christmas, but if I could ask for one thing it would be the end of irrational hatred. Some hatred actually makes sense, but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.

Hate is a manifestation of fear. Plenty of people fear too many things. I have no idea how you make people stop being afraid of things when there are people who get paid to spread fear. Fear of others, fear of objects, fear of beliefs.

The breakdown in civil discourse is a direct resort of the seeds of fear planted by both sides of the political aisle.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a great Christmas, but if I could ask for one thing it would be the end of irrational hatred. Some hatred actually makes sense, but it's the hate that doesn't make sense that I think is really fucking us right now.

After you Ben

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:57 am

The hate for trump on this forum is unbelievable, some spend day and night stoking this hate. It will eventually rebound on you,A Stroke or heart attack is a possible result. Chill out and go fishing !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9319
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 am

nicko wrote:The hate for trump on this forum is unbelievable,  some spend day and night stoking this hate.   It will eventually rebound on you,A Stroke or heart attack is a possible result.   Chill out and go fishing !

Thing is nicko

If you Ask any of the never trumps why they hate him???

They won't be able to give you a single coherent answer

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Cause he belongs to the other Party?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9319
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm

nicko wrote:Cause he belongs to the other Party?

Hating a person just because they are different to you

The never trumps like Ben and Quill are no better than racists who hate blacks just because they are black

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
nicko wrote:Cause he belongs to the other Party?

Hating a person just because they are different to you

The never trumps like Ben and Quill are no better than racists who hate blacks just because they are black

afro

Shut the the fuck up, you lying, rotten to the core, supercilious lump of afrikaner dogshit...

You still are, and remain, the most disgusting piece of white supremacist slime that has invaded NF since the demise of your equally dusgusting racist comrade faux-Major Stormee..

You pathetic weasel-mouthed scumbag troll.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Hating a person just because they are different to you

The never trumps like Ben and Quill are no better than racists who hate blacks just because they are black

afro

Shut the the fuck up,  you lying, rotten to the core, supercilious lump of afrikaner dogshit...

You still are, and remain, the most disgusting piece of white supremacist slime that has invaded NF since the demise of your equally dusgusting racist comrade faux-Major Stormee..

You pathetic weasel-mouthed scumbag troll.

lol!

You say the nicest things wolfie

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:18 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
nicko wrote:The hate for trump on this forum is unbelievable,  some spend day and night stoking this hate.   It will eventually rebound on you,A Stroke or heart attack is a possible result.   Chill out and go fishing !

Thing is nicko

If you Ask any of the never trumps why they hate him???

They won't be able to give you a single coherent answer

Rolling Eyes

How about the fact that Trump is fucking their country over big time, and will be leaving it in far worse shape than when he took office ???

If you think Trump is so great, you pathetic spineless army-dodging, craven coward, than why aren't you living in America -- instead of hiding away in the basement of yourmdear olf mum's English council house..

Talk is cheap, with empty-headed neo-nazi scum like you.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
afro

Shut the the fuck up,  you lying, rotten to the core, supercilious lump of afrikaner dogshit...

You still are, and remain, the most disgusting piece of white supremacist slime that has invaded NF since the demise of your equally dusgusting racist comrade faux-Major Stormee..

You pathetic weasel-mouthed scumbag troll.

lol!

You say the nicest things wolfie

present

It's a rare gift...

Treasure it..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5607
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Syl on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:27 pm

I think some people on here should ask for an anger management course as a belated Christmas present.  

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15115
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Thing is nicko

If you Ask any of the never trumps why they hate him???

They won't be able to give you a single coherent answer

Rolling Eyes

How about the fact that Trump is fucking their country over big time, and will be leaving it in far worse shape than when he took office  ???

If you think Trump is so great, you pathetic spineless army-dodging, craven coward, than why aren't you living in America --  instead of hiding away in the basement of yourmdear olf mum's English council house..

Talk is cheap, with empty-headed neo-nazi scum like you.

Case in point.

Nothing but soundbites

"fucking their country over big time"

About as useful as tits on fish, you may as well just say

"he's not the president he's a very naughty boy"

Like I said not a single coherent answer


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:07 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Thing is nicko

If you Ask any of the never trumps why they hate him???

They won't be able to give you a single coherent answer

Rolling Eyes

How about the fact that Trump is fucking their country over big time, and will be leaving it in far worse shape than when he took office  ???

If you think Trump is so great, you pathetic spineless army-dodging, craven coward, than why aren't you living in America --  instead of hiding away in the basement of yourmdear olf mum's English council house..

Talk is cheap, with empty-headed neo-nazi scum like you.

How do you know his mum has a council house? Did you mention a council house because you look down on people who live in them?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30378
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
nicko wrote:Cause he belongs to the other Party?

Hating a person just because they are different to you

The never trumps like Ben and Quill are no better than racists who hate blacks just because they are black

I hate Trump because I think he's a bad person. I think he's a bad person because I was raised to believe that people who commit (and brag about) sexual assault, who make racist comments, who have the power to help people but instead hurt them, and who constantly brag about their own (often dubious) achievements are bad people.

There. Simple enough for even you to grasp.
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you really want for Christmas?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum