Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Go down

Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Newsweek wrote:Robert Reich: The three big lies about Trump’s tax plan

Here are the three main Republican arguments in favor of the Republican tax plan, followed by the truth.

Lie #1. It will make American corporations competitive with foreign corporations, which are taxed at a lower rate

Rubbish.

(1) American corporations now pay an effective rate (after taking deductions and tax credits) that’s just about the same as most foreign based corporations pay.

(2) Most of these other countries also impose a “Value Added Tax” on top of the corporate tax.

(3) When we cut our corporate rate from 35 percent to 20 percent, other nations will cut their corporate rates in order to be competitive with us – so we gain nothing anyway.

(4) Most big American corporations who benefit most from the Republican tax plan aren’t even “American.” Over 35 percent of their shareholders are foreign (which means that by cutting corporate taxes we’re giving a big tax cut to those foreign shareholders). 20 percent of their employees are foreign, while many Americans work for foreign-based corporations.

(5) The “competitiveness” of America depends on American workers , not on “American” corporations. But this tax plan will make it harder to finance public investments in education, health, and infrastructure, on which the future competitiveness of American workers depends.

(6) American corporations already have more money than they know what to do with. Their profits are at record levels. They’re using them to buy back their shares of stock, and raise executive pay. That’s what they’ll do with the additional $1 trillion they’ll receive in this tax cut.

Lie #2. With the tax cut, big corporations and the rich will invest and create more jobs

Baloney.

(1) Job creation doesn’t trickle down. After Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush cut taxes on the top, few jobs and little growth resulted.

America cut taxes on corporations in 2004 in an attempt to get them to bring their profits home from abroad, and what happened? They didn’t invest. They just bought up more shares of their own stock, and increased executive pay.

(2) Companies expand and create jobs when there’s more demand for their goods and services. That demand comes from customers who have the money to buy what companies sell.

Those customers are primarily the middle class and poor, who spend far more of their incomes than the rich. But this tax bill mostly benefits the rich.

(3) At a time when the richest 1 percent already have 40 percent of all the wealth in the country, it’s immoral to give them even more – especially when financed partly by 13 million low-income Americans who will lose their health coverage as a result of this tax plan (according to the Congressional Budget Office), and by subsequent cuts in safety-net programs necessitated by increasing the deficit by $1.5 trillion.

Lie #3. It will give small businesses an incentive to invest and create more jobs

Untrue.

(1) At least 85 percent of small businesses earn so little they already pay the lowest corporate tax rate, which this plan doesn’t change.

(2) In fact, because the tax plan bestows much larger rewards on big businesses, they’ll have more ability to use predatory tactics to squeeze small firms and force them out of business.

***

Don’t let your Uncle Bob be fooled: Republicans are voting for this because their wealthy patrons demand it.

Their tax plan will weaken our economy for years – reducing demand, widening inequality, and increasing the national debt by at least $1.5 trillion over the next decade.

Shame on the greedy Republican backers who have engineered this.

Shame on Trump and the Republicans who have lied to the public about its consequences.


http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-three-big-lies-about-trumps-tax-plan-750616

So, why are they really doing it?  Speaker Ryan has always had a long-term goal of dismantling the social support structure, in particular Medicare and Social Security.  Although they have made a show at mitigating it, this tax bill results in a $1.5 to $2-trillion deficit.

That means that any other programs will be out of the question.  Say goodbye to infrastructure spending.  No new bridges.  No airport upgrades.  No highway repairs or modernization.  The same with any other of Trump's grand promises... zilch!

Watch: in one or two years from now, when they think America has forgotten where the debt came from, Republicans will become deficit hawks.  They will demand a reduction of the cost of the social support system.  They will ignore any mention of the fact that military spending is what creates the high spending (not to mention deficit).  They will use the high deficit created by this gift to the rich, to argue that social support systems are simply to high for America to afford.

Great bait and switch gambit, eh?


Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:48 pm



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:01 pm

The Uplift in the economy is the result of programs established during the Obama administration.  The unemployment rate dropped in 2009.  The market soared in 2010.

The Republicans (Bush and Cheney) had left the country in an ugly, purposeless war, on the brink of the next depression, with double-digit unemployment, a $17-trillion deficit and bin Ladin still alive and running around.  Very typical of Republican economic programs: tout austerity while driving up the debt.

Obama got the country out of Iraq, saved America from the next Depression, brought unemployment down from 10.5% to 4.7%, saved the American automobile industry, oversaw the creation of 4.5-million jobs, oversaw the American stock market soar to over $17,000 average in the Dow Jones (highest ever), finally created a highly successful medical care system (despite the sour grapes of Republicans). And he got bin Laden when the Republican administration was completely inept at finding him.

That's a hell of a record.  The only reason Republicans don't like him is because of his race.  That's their problem.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:09 am

Maddog wrote:
Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

Idea

Before you lower the overall tax revenue base, you must first cut down on expenditure...

To not do so, means that the Fed's will have to borrow more to make up that shortfall --in Trump's case, lowering that top corporate tax rate will apparently add another couple of $billion$ each year onto Amerika's gross national debt ???


If more of the health, welfare and education expenditure was to be foisted onto the individual states as one alternative, to help cut Federal expenditure, than either the states would need to raise more taxes, fees and levies at the state level, or more of those services will disappear..   The rich will pay less taxes,  but the middle and lower income groups will pay the difference -- either through paying more taxes overall, or getting less in return..


America likes to kid itself that it is the land of free "enterprise" --  but only around 6% of Amerikans are self employed !   Compared with over 20% working for the guvm'nt (inc. State and Local, as well as Fed' -- that's roughly the same rate as most comparable western economies..),   and more than half for "medium and large" sized businesses (that's double the comparable rates in Oz and the UK..). (The remaining 20%+ are those employed in 'small businesses'
--  again, that's less than half the rate in Oz, NZ and UK..).


Americans also like to tell themselves that the USA is the leading country for innovation and inventiveness --  unfortunately, that peaked back in the '60s and '70s when close to 60% of the worlds' new developments were originating in North America.  That figure has already dropped down below 40% and is still dropping fast, through a combination of off-shoring of industries, the rise of industries in former third world countries and former Eastern Euro' states (India has the highest numbers of engineers and computer programmers in the world today..);  along with long-term US gov't policies that favour tax avoidance, property speculation and "voodoo economics", ahead of research, development and genuine 'innovation'.

And this situation will only get worse under the Trump administration's policies..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5610
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:42 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

Idea

Before you lower the overall tax revenue base, you must first cut down on expenditure...

To not do so, means that the Fed's will have to borrow more to make up that shortfall --in Trump's case, lowering that top corporate tax rate will apparently add another couple of $billion$ each year onto Amerika's gross national debt ???


If more of the health, welfare and education expenditure was to be foisted onto the individual states as one alternative, to help cut Federal expenditure, than either the states would need to raise more taxes, fees and levies at the state level, or more of those services will disappear..   The rich will pay less taxes,  but the middle and lower income groups will pay the difference -- either through paying more taxes overall, or getting less in return..


America likes to kid itself that it is the land of free "enterprise" --  but only around 6% of Amerikans are self employed !   Compared with over 20% working for the guvm'nt (inc. State and Local, as well as Fed' --  that's roughly the same rate as most comparable western economies..),   and more than half for "medium and large" sized businesses (that's double the comparable rates in Oz and the UK..). (The remaining 20%+ are those employed in 'small businesses'
--  again, that's less than half the rate in Oz, NZ and UK..).


Americans also like to tell themselves that the USA is the leading country for innovation and inventiveness --  unfortunately, that peaked back in the '60s and '70s when close to 60% of the worlds' new developments were originating in North America.  That figure has already dropped down below 40% and is still dropping fast, through a combination of off-shoring of industries, the rise of industries in former third world countries and former Eastern Euro' states (India has the highest numbers of engineers and computer programmers in the world today..);  along with long-term US gov't policies that favour tax avoidance, property speculation and "voodoo economics", ahead of research, development and genuine 'innovation'.

And this situation will only get worse under the Trump administration's policies..

Cut spending. Something neither party has the balls to do.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 am

Maddog wrote:Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

The real culprit when it comes to spending and the deficit is the Defense Department.  One of the reasons why I'm so critical of these patriotic parades is they glorify all of these baby-killers.  Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

Maybe if we saw the soldiers for what they are--pirates, invading other countries, raping little girls, and killing babies--we might rethink the meaning of 'defense'.  If we rethought the meaning of defense, we might be able to get that damn budget down to a dull roar.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:52 pm

MERRY ECONOMY TO ONE AND ALL: New York Fed Nowcast Up To 4.0% Growth For Fourth Quarter

There’s more good news on the economy under Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon, and it comes from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

On Friday, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York reported that the New York Fed Staff Nowcast stood at 4.0% for the fourth quarter of 2017, the highest level since the Nowcast was created two years ago. The Federal Reserve of New York stated that the upward estimate was triggered by revisions of earlier data.

Earlier in the week, the Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow was revised up to 3.3%.

The New York Fed starts reporting the nowcast of GDP growth for a reference quarter roughly one month before the quarter begins, then stops updating it about one month after the quarter closes.

The New York model differs from the Atlanta model, according to the New York Fed, in this way: “The New York Fed Staff Nowcast is a straightforward application of the most advanced techniques developed in this literature. GDPNow adapts these techniques to mimic the methods used by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to estimate real GDP growth.”

The economy seems to be surging. As recently as October 27, the New York Fed Staff Nowcast for the fourth quarter stood at 3.1%.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24790/merry-economy-one-and-all-new-york-fed-nowcast-40-hank-berrien?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

The real culprit when it comes to spending and the deficit is the Defense Department.  One of the reasons why I'm so critical of these patriotic parades is they glorify all of these baby-killers.  Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

Maybe if we saw the soldiers for what they are--pirates, invading other countries, raping little girls, and killing babies--we might rethink the meaning of 'defense'.  If we rethought the meaning of defense, we might be able to get that damn budget down to a dull roar.

And yet there has been no decrease in spending regardless of whom is in charge.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Cass on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

The real culprit when it comes to spending and the deficit is the Defense Department.  One of the reasons why I'm so critical of these patriotic parades is they glorify all of these baby-killers.  Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

Maybe if we saw the soldiers for what they are--pirates, invading other countries, raping little girls, and killing babies--we might rethink the meaning of 'defense'.  If we rethought the meaning of defense, we might be able to get that damn budget down to a dull roar.

Bullshit. Mr. C certainly did not kill any babies or rape anyone. Wind your fucking neck in and stop with the generalizations. Blame the politicians. Or perhaps the great behemoth that are lobbyists and the government contracting companies such as Halliburton etc...that’s what ups the DOD budget. I was a government contractor and I know how much I was paid and how much the government actually paid the company- at least double what I was making.

Are there bad soldiers? Bad officers? You bet. Just like in any profession or section of society. It would be lovely to live in a perfect world where we don’t need armies but we don’t. Do you forget that this very country that gives you the freedom to insult my husband was founded by a rebel army of soldiers?

I myself think it’s wrong to constantly idolize the armed forces when it takes all kinds to make a coherent society function on a day to day basis. It pisses me off when I see everyone say what about the veterans, when I care about the teachers, the nurses, the garbage men, the store cashier just as much.

Every war since WW2 has been a political decision about our country’s best interests in the area concerned and slipped in under the guise of democracy. It has all been for nothing except hundreds of lives lost, countries ravaged, families torn apart but for the privileged few who grew rich on the misery of others and it’s been that way since time began for all the history of the human race.

You’re a lawyer. Make your case without resorting to base insults and use critical thinking skills before you open your mouth.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The real culprit when it comes to spending and the deficit is the Defense Department.  One of the reasons why I'm so critical of these patriotic parades is they glorify all of these baby-killers.  Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

Maybe if we saw the soldiers for what they are--pirates, invading other countries, raping little girls, and killing babies--we might rethink the meaning of 'defense'.  If we rethought the meaning of defense, we might be able to get that damn budget down to a dull roar.

Bullshit. Mr. C certainly did not kill any babies or rape anyone. Wind your fucking neck in and stop with the generalizations. Blame the politicians. Or perhaps the great behemoth that are lobbyists and the government contracting companies such as Halliburton etc...that’s what ups the DOD budget. I was a government contractor and I know how much I was paid and how much the government actually paid the company- at least double what I was making.

Are there bad soldiers? Bad officers? You bet. Just like in any profession or section of society. It would be lovely to live in a perfect world where we don’t need armies but we don’t. Do you forget that this very country that gives you the freedom to insult my husband was founded by a rebel army of soldiers?

I myself think it’s wrong to constantly idolize the armed forces when it takes all kinds to make a coherent society function on a day to day basis. It pisses me off when I see everyone say what about the veterans, when I care about the teachers, the nurses, the garbage men, the store cashier just as much.

Every war since WW2 has been a political decision about our country’s best interests in the area concerned and slipped in under the guise of democracy. It has all been for nothing except hundreds of lives lost, countries ravaged, families torn apart but for the privileged few who grew rich on the misery of others and it’s been that way since time began for all the history of the human race.

You’re a lawyer. Make your case without resorting to base insults and use critical thinking skills before you open your mouth.

Yeah, blaming the soldiers is pretty stupid. I didn't want to go there with him at the time. No need, because you handled it fine.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Taxes are still way too high as is spending. This bill isn't very good, but it's not like the Dems crafted any bills with lower taxes and less spending. This bill is Dem light, which is about as good as one can expect from the clowns we have in DC.  

The real culprit when it comes to spending and the deficit is the Defense Department.  One of the reasons why I'm so critical of these patriotic parades is they glorify all of these baby-killers.  Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

Maybe if we saw the soldiers for what they are--pirates, invading other countries, raping little girls, and killing babies--we might rethink the meaning of 'defense'.  If we rethought the meaning of defense, we might be able to get that damn budget down to a dull roar.

Arrrrr me hearty ti's a fine life, to pillage and plunder the enemies of democracy and freedom

flower firepower is always better than flower power

But seriously in a few months the US will hopefully burn NK to ashes.

If China gets all uppity and upset about it, the god emperor might have to send his angels in to smack China round the chops and put them back in their box.

How do you expect America to be the world police and bring peace to the world on a shoe string budget??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:MERRY ECONOMY TO ONE AND ALL: New York Fed Nowcast Up To 4.0% Growth For Fourth Quarter

There’s more good news on the economy under Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon, and it comes from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

On Friday, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York reported that the New York Fed Staff Nowcast stood at 4.0% for the fourth quarter of 2017, the highest level since the Nowcast was created two years ago. The Federal Reserve of New York stated that the upward estimate was triggered by revisions of earlier data.

Earlier in the week, the Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow was revised up to 3.3%.

The New York Fed starts reporting the nowcast of GDP growth for a reference quarter roughly one month before the quarter begins, then stops updating it about one month after the quarter closes.

The New York model differs from the Atlanta model, according to the New York Fed, in this way: “The New York Fed Staff Nowcast is a straightforward application of the most advanced techniques developed in this literature. GDPNow adapts these techniques to mimic the methods used by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to estimate real GDP growth.”

The economy seems to be surging. As recently as October 27, the New York Fed Staff Nowcast for the fourth quarter stood at 3.1%.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24790/merry-economy-one-and-all-new-york-fed-nowcast-40-hank-berrien?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

 

This weeks "Dailywire" voodoo economics predictions...

Care of the 'New York Fed' "Nowcast";  a.k.a "the wanky bank"..

Weren't they one of the root causes of the 'GFC' meltdown a decade ago  ?

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5610
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:MERRY ECONOMY TO ONE AND ALL: New York Fed Nowcast Up To 4.0% Growth For Fourth Quarter

There’s more good news on the economy under Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon, and it comes from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

On Friday, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York reported that the New York Fed Staff Nowcast stood at 4.0% for the fourth quarter of 2017, the highest level since the Nowcast was created two years ago. The Federal Reserve of New York stated that the upward estimate was triggered by revisions of earlier data.

Earlier in the week, the Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow was revised up to 3.3%.

The New York Fed starts reporting the nowcast of GDP growth for a reference quarter roughly one month before the quarter begins, then stops updating it about one month after the quarter closes.

The New York model differs from the Atlanta model, according to the New York Fed, in this way: “The New York Fed Staff Nowcast is a straightforward application of the most advanced techniques developed in this literature. GDPNow adapts these techniques to mimic the methods used by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to estimate real GDP growth.”

The economy seems to be surging. As recently as October 27, the New York Fed Staff Nowcast for the fourth quarter stood at 3.1%.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24790/merry-economy-one-and-all-new-york-fed-nowcast-40-hank-berrien?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

 

This weeks "Dailywire" voodoo economics predictions...

Care of the 'New York Fed' "Nowcast";   a.k.a "the wanky bank"..

Weren't they one of the root causes of the 'GFC' meltdown a decade ago  ?

Someone doesn't like having the facts rammed up his arse

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Cass wrote:Bullshit. Mr. C certainly did not kill any babies or rape anyone.

Yet, the babies still get killed. Young girls still get raped. No one is to blame. No one is at fault.

Let's give the military another $700-billion so they can go into...oh,say, let's send them to Korea once more. Relive old times. Then we'll parade for the killing of the Beast of the East, murdering a few Asian babies, and raping a few Asian girls.

Cass, you are still in the afterglow of all the celebration. If Mr. C killed no one, the guys on both sides of him did. It's a simple question: what for?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Maddog wrote:And yet there has been no decrease in spending regardless of whom is in charge.

That’s the problem. I identified that:

Original Quill wrote:Americans feel that pseudo reverence when they see the Defense Department budget, and so the circle goes round and round.

It’s not party driven. Like drugs or alcohol, it’s a bad habit.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 pm

sb wrote:The economy seems to be surging. As recently as October 27, the New York Fed Staff Nowcast for the fourth quarter stood at 3.1%.

Sooo...if the economy is so good, why do we need all this stimulation they say is in this Tax Cut for the Rich? Trump keeps talking about creating capital for investment, when (as I've said previously) we are awash in capital. Investment has no limitation.

Trump keeps saying we need jobs, but we have 6.1-million jobs available for the taking. The USPS can't get enough people to apply.

So, in effect, you're saying the reasons for this Tax Bill for the Rich do not exist? The Tax Bill for the Rich is not needed?

So...it's just a give away. Hmm...Republicans are for special interests; Democrats are for the general interest.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Cass on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:Bullshit. Mr. C certainly did not kill any babies or rape anyone.

Yet, the babies still get killed.  Young girls still get raped.  No one is to blame.  No one is at fault.

Let's give the military another $700-billion so they can go into...oh,say, let's send them to Korea once more.  Relive old times.  Then we'll parade for the killing of the Beast of the East, murdering a few Asian babies, and raping a few Asian girls.

Cass, you are still in the afterglow of all the celebration.  If Mr. C killed no one, the guys on both sides of him did.  It's a simple question: what for?

Yes they do. It’s war. I hate it and loathe it with every fiber of my being. It’s for power and money you ignorant man. I said as much in my previous statement.

And just because he’s a veteran does not mean i support throwing more money at the DOD budget. And there are plenty of veteran’s who feel just like me including him. We need to stay the hell away from NK, Iraq etc...and concentrate on fixing our own country and stop playing the world’s policeman.

How fucking dare you say I’m celebrating death. We’ve had this conversation about 3 times over the years and you still continue to push out false, playing to the crowd emotional bullshit. I’m done with you.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yet, the babies still get killed.  Young girls still get raped.  No one is to blame.  No one is at fault.

Let's give the military another $700-billion so they can go into...oh,say, let's send them to Korea once more.  Relive old times.  Then we'll parade for the killing of the Beast of the East, murdering a few Asian babies, and raping a few Asian girls.

Cass, you are still in the afterglow of all the celebration.  If Mr. C killed no one, the guys on both sides of him did.  It's a simple question: what for?

Yes they do. It’s war. I hate it and loathe it with every fiber of my being. It’s for power and money you ignorant man. I said as much in my previous statement.

And just because he’s a veteran does not mean i support throwing more money at the DOD budget. And there are plenty of veteran’s who feel just like me including him. We need to stay the hell away from NK, Iraq etc...and concentrate on fixing our own country and stop playing the world’s policeman.

How fucking dare you say I’m celebrating death. We’ve had this conversation about 3 times over the years and you still continue to push out false, playing to the crowd emotional bullshit. I’m done with you.

Is he really a lawyer? Shocked

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yet, the babies still get killed.  Young girls still get raped.  No one is to blame.  No one is at fault.

Let's give the military another $700-billion so they can go into...oh,say, let's send them to Korea once more.  Relive old times.  Then we'll parade for the killing of the Beast of the East, murdering a few Asian babies, and raping a few Asian girls.

Cass, you are still in the afterglow of all the celebration.  If Mr. C killed no one, the guys on both sides of him did.  It's a simple question: what for?

Yes they do. It’s war. I hate it and loathe it with every fiber of my being. It’s for power and money you ignorant man. I said as much in my previous statement.

And just because he’s a veteran does not mean i support throwing more money at the DOD budget. And there are plenty of veteran’s who feel just like me including him. We need to stay the hell away from NK, Iraq etc...and concentrate on fixing our own country and stop playing the world’s policeman.

How fucking dare you say I’m celebrating death. We’ve had this conversation about 3 times over the years and you still continue to push out false, playing to the crowd emotional bullshit. I’m done with you.

I don't say you're celebrating death. But I do say you are supporting it...or your tax dollars are.

The point is that there is this juggernaut of a machine: We revere the military; and the military turns around and kills babies. It works this way: Because we revere the military, we have the uncanny urge to throw so much money--unnecessary money--at them. As a result, they get so much money they don't know where to spend it, so they start wars to consume it...wars that we wouldn't start if we didn't have the money. And the babies get killed and the little girls get raped. It's a machine. We then say things like, “it’s war” and we go back to Congress and say, we need money, and it’s necessary because they might do the same thing to us, and you're right back where you started. Say what you like, it's going to go round and round regardless of what you think.

Now whether you get pissed off or not, the babies are still getting killed, and the little girls are still getting raped. You getting pissed doesn't make a difference. That's because people shrug and say, "It's war," as if it's inevitable and there's nothing you can do.

Well, there is something that we as a people can do...stop it! Well, one way to stop it is to halve the Defense Department budget and invest it in a comprehensive healthcare defense program.

But you know what--and here's where I really get pissed--I think Americans like killing babies. They like the raping of little girls. It's a precise parallel to their love of guns. They like being able to satiate their anger, and possessing and shooting guns at others does it. War is the same thing, only writ large.

It's an extreme form of schadenfreude. We make up this huge labyrinth of excuses, having all sorts of internal contradictions, merely to justify killing as a form of self-expungement of anger and loathing. We are never satisfied, but we will never progress as a species until we give that up.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes they do. It’s war. I hate it and loathe it with every fiber of my being. It’s for power and money you ignorant man. I said as much in my previous statement.

And just because he’s a veteran does not mean i support throwing more money at the DOD budget. And there are plenty of veteran’s who feel just like me including him. We need to stay the hell away from NK, Iraq etc...and concentrate on fixing our own country and stop playing the world’s policeman.

How fucking dare you say I’m celebrating death. We’ve had this conversation about 3 times over the years and you still continue to push out false, playing to the crowd emotional bullshit. I’m done with you.

I don't say you're celebrating death.  But I do say you are supporting it...or your tax dollars are.

The point is that there is this juggernaut of a machine: We revere the military; and the military turns around and kills babies.  It works this way: Because we revere the military, we have the uncanny urge to throw so much money--unnecessary money--at them.  As a result, they get so much money they don't know where to spend it, so they start wars to consume it...wars that we wouldn't start if we didn't have the money.  And the babies get killed and the little girls get raped.  It's a machine.  We then say things like, “it’s war” and we go back to Congress and say, we need money, and it’s necessary because they might do the same thing to us, and you're right back where you started.  Say what you like, it's going to go round and round regardless of what you think.

Now whether you get pissed off or not, the babies are still getting killed, and the little girls are still getting raped.  You getting pissed doesn't make a difference.  That's because people shrug and say, "It's war," as if it's inevitable and there's nothing you can do.

Well, there is something that we as a people can do...stop it!  Well, one way to stop it is to halve the Defense Department budget and invest it in a comprehensive healthcare  defense program.

But you know what--and here's where I really get pissed--I think Americans like killing babies.  They like the raping of little girls.  It's a precise parallel to their love of guns.  They like being able to satiate their anger, and possessing and shooting guns at others does it.  War is the same thing, only writ large.

It's an extreme form of schadenfreude.  We make up this huge labyrinth of excuses, having all sorts of internal contradictions, merely to justify killing as a form of self-expungement of anger and loathing.  We are never satisfied, but we will never progress as a species until we give that up.

If we extend it a little further, the military is just part of the government. Those that support more government like to kill babies.

Tell me Quill, as a supporter of more government, do you masturbate to the pictures of dead babies killed by government?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Maddog wrote:If we extend it a little further, the military is just part of the government. Those that support more government like to kill babies.

But the government can be anything you tell it to do or be. My whole point is, stop directing it to go into this constant spin of pay and kill, pay and kill, pay and kill. Break out of that cycle and go into another, more fruitful cycle: begin to fund programs that enhance and promote the well-being of mankind. You know...Christian charity?

Maddog wrote:Tell me Quill, as a supporter of more government, do you masturbate to the pictures of dead babies killed by government?

So, you have a dirty mind. Does that mean you can't use it for other things?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:If we extend it a little further, the military is just part of the government. Those that support more government like to kill babies.

But the government can be anything you tell it to do or be.  My whole point is, stop directing it to go into this constant spin of pay and kill, pay and kill, pay and kill.  Break out of that cycle and go into another, more fruitful cycle: begin to fund programs that enhance and promote the well-being of mankind.  You know...Christian charity?

Maddog wrote:Tell me Quill, as a supporter of more government, do you masturbate to the pictures of dead babies killed by government?

So, you have a dirty mind.  Does that mean you can't use it for other things?

The government is about force.

I don't have a dirty mind, but I can match anyone in silly hyperbole when I feel like it. tongue

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 pm

US military in Afghanistan told troops to 'ignore child abuse by Afghan soldiers'


The US military has been accused of encouraging troops to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse committed by local army commanders that it trained in Afghanistan.

Former soldiers claim that they were ordered to ignore the long-established habit of local Afghan commanders for taking young boys as sexual playthings while serving on military bases.

The practice, known as bacha bazi, literally “boy play,” is common in religiously conservative Afghanistan, where extra-marital sex and female prostitution is frowned upon.

The father of one US soldier who was killed in Afghanistan has even blamed the practice for his son's death, saying that the teenage boy who shot his son may have blamed him for failing to stop abuse by a local Afghan commander.

The claims have been aired in the New York Times, which says that soldiers who objected to the abuse by their Afghan colleagues often found themselves facing disciplinary proceedings as a result.

It is alleged that the US military prioritised the maintaining of good relations with local Afghan commanders and militia leaders, who it was relying on to act as security services once American forces pulled out.

Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who was disciplined along with a colleague for beating up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave, told the newspaper: “The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights.

"But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/11881867/US-military-in-Afghanistan-told-troops-to-ignore-child-abuse-by-Afghan-soldiers.html

people getting raped but its not US soldiers doing the raping

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Taliban tried to make eight-year-old a suicide bomber: Afghan rebels recruit starving orphans with sweets and 60p bribes

Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan are bribing starving children as young as eight years old to plant deadly roadside booby traps, be decoys in ambushes and even act as suicide bombers.

Despite the Islamic fundamentalists’ claim they have no children in their ranks, extremists have been actively recruiting orphaned and homeless young boys and training them to use guns, improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and suicide vests.

In return, they ply the desperate youngsters with sweets and chocolate, an investigation for Channel 4’s Dispatches programme has learned.

Afghan orphan Neaz told how he was just eight when he was promised a handful of coins by Taliban fighters to convert him to their cause. The boy had been tending his father’s flock of sheep when coalition forces bombed his village.

‘The Taliban were hiding in our house when a helicopter came and bombed us,’ he said. ‘My father was hit in his heart and his head, he was torn apart. My mother was hit in the chest and died. I have no one.’

In the immediate aftermath of the raid, Neaz was kidnapped by Taliban leaders and taken to a nearby town and shown how to use guns and make IEDs. They plied him with sweets and he was initially delighted when they said they planned to bring him an extra-special gift – a suicide vest packed with bullets and grenades.

‘They made me try it on. The grenades went all around my body and then they offered me the coins [50 Afghanis – about 60p],’ he said. ‘They told me to blow myself up at a checkpoint. I asked what I’d do with the money if I had to blow myself up. But they kept encouraging me, telling me that if I did it I would go to heaven.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2371755/Taliban-tried-make-year-old-suicide-bomber-Afghan-rebels-recruit-starving-orphans-sweets-60p-bribes.html

babies getting killed but NOT by US soldiers


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:US military in Afghanistan told troops to 'ignore child abuse by Afghan soldiers'


The US military has been accused of encouraging troops to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse committed by local army commanders that it trained in Afghanistan.

Former soldiers claim that they were ordered to ignore the long-established habit of local Afghan commanders for taking young boys as sexual playthings while serving on military bases.

The practice, known as bacha bazi, literally “boy play,” is common in religiously conservative Afghanistan, where extra-marital sex and female prostitution is frowned upon.

The father of one US soldier who was killed in Afghanistan has even blamed the practice for his son's death, saying that the teenage boy who shot his son may have blamed him for failing to stop abuse by a local Afghan commander.

The claims have been aired in the New York Times, which says that soldiers who objected to the abuse by their Afghan colleagues often found themselves facing disciplinary proceedings as a result.

It is alleged that the US military prioritised the maintaining of good relations with local Afghan commanders and militia leaders, who it was relying on to act as security services once American forces pulled out.

Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who was disciplined along with a colleague for beating up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave, told the newspaper: “The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights.

"But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/11881867/US-military-in-Afghanistan-told-troops-to-ignore-child-abuse-by-Afghan-soldiers.html

people getting raped but its not US soldiers doing the raping

Yeah, the bacha boys are a disgusting "custom".

All the more reason to get the hell out of that corrupt shithole.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:07 pm

seems to me the only ones raping women and killing babies are the ones US and UK troops are trying to kill, trying to stop

but quill doesnt want soldiers out there stopping the raping and baby killing


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:US military in Afghanistan told troops to 'ignore child abuse by Afghan soldiers'


The US military has been accused of encouraging troops to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse committed by local army commanders that it trained in Afghanistan.

Former soldiers claim that they were ordered to ignore the long-established habit of local Afghan commanders for taking young boys as sexual playthings while serving on military bases.

The practice, known as bacha bazi, literally “boy play,” is common in religiously conservative Afghanistan, where extra-marital sex and female prostitution is frowned upon.

The father of one US soldier who was killed in Afghanistan has even blamed the practice for his son's death, saying that the teenage boy who shot his son may have blamed him for failing to stop abuse by a local Afghan commander.

The claims have been aired in the New York Times, which says that soldiers who objected to the abuse by their Afghan colleagues often found themselves facing disciplinary proceedings as a result.

It is alleged that the US military prioritised the maintaining of good relations with local Afghan commanders and militia leaders, who it was relying on to act as security services once American forces pulled out.

Dan Quinn, a former Special Forces captain who was disciplined along with a colleague for beating up an American-backed militia commander for keeping a boy chained to his bed as a sex slave, told the newspaper: “The reason we were here is because we heard the terrible things the Taliban were doing to people, how they were taking away human rights.

"But we were putting people into power who would do things that were worse than the Taliban did — that was something village elders voiced to me.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/11881867/US-military-in-Afghanistan-told-troops-to-ignore-child-abuse-by-Afghan-soldiers.html

people getting raped but its not US soldiers doing the raping

Yeah, the bacha boys are a disgusting "custom".

All the more reason to get the hell out of that corrupt shithole.

we used to call it "man love monday"

poor kids, you could hear em getting buggered, when i was in kajaki we spoke the locals about it and they told us that two tribes went to war over a rent boy.

apparently one tribe had a really good rent boy so they loaned him out to the other tribe for some reason, he was so good the other tribe then refused to return him, so they had a dust up.

shit hole is right




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
 

This weeks "Dailywire" voodoo economics predictions...

Care of the 'New York Fed' "Nowcast";   a.k.a "the wanky bank"..

Weren't they one of the root causes of the 'GFC' meltdown a decade ago  ?

Someone doesn't like having the facts rammed up his arse
Rolling Eyes

"Facts"..   What facts ???

All you are presenting is some loopy opinions from some paid hacks for a third-rate "bankers' bank"..

They got it quite wrong a decade ago --  what makes you think that they will do any better today  ?

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5610
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae’s regulator reported that the company’s quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few years were “illusions deliberately and systematically created” by the company’s senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal.

The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight’s report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie Mae’s former chief executive officer, OFHEO’s report shows that over half of Mr. Raines’ compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac.

The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator’s examination of the company’s accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.

For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs–and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEO’s report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEO’s report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay.

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

This is from 2005. Congress never acted. Fannie was out of control and not enough congressmen gave a shit. Just in case anyone wants some facts. BTW, all of my clients are lenders and I watched this thing explode from the inside. It took inept government (what a fucking shock) to do this much damage.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:14 am

Maddog wrote:I don't have a dirty mind, but I can match anyone in silly hyperbole when I feel like it.

In my book, you have a dirty mind. That will always be the case. I have this post to prove it.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:21 am

sb wrote:babies getting killed but NOT by US soldiers





"Be all that you can be"...but apparently that's the best they can do.


Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 am

Rape in Iraq: Putting your tax money to defense of America's borders!!:

Wiki wrote:The Mahmudiyah rape and killings involved the gang-rape and killing of 14-year-old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and the murder of her family by United States Army soldiers on March 12, 2006. It occurred in the family's house to the southwest of Yusufiyah, a village to the west of the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq. Others of al-Janabi's family killed included her 34-year-old mother Fakhriyah Taha Muhasen, 45-year-old father Qassim Hamza Raheem, and six-year-old sister Hadeel Qassim Hamza Al-Janabi.

Charged with the crimes of rape and murder were five U.S. Army soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment consisting of Paul E. Cortez, James P. Barker, Jesse V. Spielman, Brian L. Howard, and Steven D. Green, whom the U.S. Army discharged before becoming aware of the crime.

Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi (عبير قاسم حمزة الجنابي) (August 19, 1991 – March 12, 2006), lived with her mother and father (Fakhriya Taha Muhasen, 34, and Qassim Hamza Raheem, 45, respectively) and their three other children: 6-year-old daughter Hadeel Qassim Hamza al-Janabi, 11-year-old son Mohammed, and his 9-year-old younger brother Ahmed. Their house was situated approximately 200 meters (220 yd) from a six-man U.S. traffic checkpoint, southwest of the village of Yusufiyah, which lies west of the larger township of Al-Mahmudiyah (in the coalition-termed area "Triangle of Death").

According to her neighbours, Abeer spent most of her days at home, as her parents would not allow her to go to school because of security concerns. From their checkpoint, the soldiers would often watch Abeer doing her chores and tending the garden. The neighbors had warned Abeer's father of this, but he replied it was not a problem as she was just a small girl.

Abeer's brother Mohammed (who along with his younger brother was at school at the time of the killings and thus survived) recalls that the soldiers often searched the house. On one such occasion, Green ran his index finger down Abeer's cheek, an action which had terrified her.

Abeer's mother told her relatives before the murders that, whenever she caught the soldiers staring at Abeer, they would give her the thumbs-up sign, point to her daughter and say "Very good, very good." Evidently this had concerned her and she made plans for Abeer to spend nights sleeping at her uncle's (Ahmad Qassim's) house. According to an affidavit later filed by the FBI, Green discussed raping the girl in the days preceding the event.

Americans, visiting another country, having a little fun.  Thumbs up, boys.


Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Maddog on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:05 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:I don't have a dirty mind, but I can match anyone in silly hyperbole when I feel like it.

In my book, you have a dirty mind.  That will always be the case.  I have this post to prove it.

OK.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:39 am

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:babies getting killed but NOT by US soldiers





"Be all that you can be"...but apparently that's the best they can do.

lol!

you must be the shittest lawyer in the world

"your honor in picture A you can see soldiers standing guard over some POW's"

"now if you look to picture B, we see some dead bodies"

"so in conclusion US soldiers rape and kill people, i rest my case"

its almost as bad you putting the pieces of trumps collusion together

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:40 am

Original Quill wrote:Rape in Iraq: Putting your tax money to defense of America's borders!!:

Wiki wrote:The Mahmudiyah rape and killings involved the gang-rape and killing of 14-year-old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and the murder of her family by United States Army soldiers on March 12, 2006. It occurred in the family's house to the southwest of Yusufiyah, a village to the west of the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq. Others of al-Janabi's family killed included her 34-year-old mother Fakhriyah Taha Muhasen, 45-year-old father Qassim Hamza Raheem, and six-year-old sister Hadeel Qassim Hamza Al-Janabi.

Charged with the crimes of rape and murder were five U.S. Army soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment consisting of Paul E. Cortez, James P. Barker, Jesse V. Spielman, Brian L. Howard, and Steven D. Green, whom the U.S. Army discharged before becoming aware of the crime.

Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi (عبير قاسم حمزة الجنابي) (August 19, 1991 – March 12, 2006), lived with her mother and father (Fakhriya Taha Muhasen, 34, and Qassim Hamza Raheem, 45, respectively) and their three other children: 6-year-old daughter Hadeel Qassim Hamza al-Janabi, 11-year-old son Mohammed, and his 9-year-old younger brother Ahmed. Their house was situated approximately 200 meters (220 yd) from a six-man U.S. traffic checkpoint, southwest of the village of Yusufiyah, which lies west of the larger township of Al-Mahmudiyah (in the coalition-termed area "Triangle of Death").

According to her neighbours, Abeer spent most of her days at home, as her parents would not allow her to go to school because of security concerns. From their checkpoint, the soldiers would often watch Abeer doing her chores and tending the garden. The neighbors had warned Abeer's father of this, but he replied it was not a problem as she was just a small girl.

Abeer's brother Mohammed (who along with his younger brother was at school at the time of the killings and thus survived) recalls that the soldiers often searched the house. On one such occasion, Green ran his index finger down Abeer's cheek, an action which had terrified her.

Abeer's mother told her relatives before the murders that, whenever she caught the soldiers staring at Abeer, they would give her the thumbs-up sign, point to her daughter and say "Very good, very good." Evidently this had concerned her and she made plans for Abeer to spend nights sleeping at her uncle's (Ahmad Qassim's) house. According to an affidavit later filed by the FBI, Green discussed raping the girl in the days preceding the event.

Americans, visiting another country, having a little fun.  Thumbs up, boys.

no links??

hmmmmmmm funny that

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by nicko on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:13 am

My Son was in Iraq at that time, I showed him this post. He says he never heard of it, and that sort of thing would spread like wild fire among the Troops.

If it did happen it was kept very quiet, not saying it didn't, but would like to see proof of this very serious crime?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9323
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:56 pm

sb wrote:no links??

hmmmmmmm funny that

The link is Wikileaks...look at the top. Google "the Mahmudiyah rape and killings".

You don't know how to do research on the Internet? Just copy any passage in a text, and put it in the google search box. You'll find the article as well as any reprints of it.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 pm

nicko wrote:My Son was in Iraq at that time,    I showed him this post.   He says he never heard of it, and that sort of thing would spread like wild fire among the Troops.

If it did happen it was kept very quiet,  not saying it didn't, but would like to see proof of this very serious crime?

I can't speak for the news received by people in Iraq at the time. But it was all over the press in this country. It was Iraq's Mai Li.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:no links??

hmmmmmmm funny that

The link is Wikileaks...look at the top.  Google "the Mahmudiyah rape and killings".

You don't know how to do research on the Internet?  Just copy any passage in a text, and put it in the google search box.  You'll find the article as well as any reprints of it.

I provide links to factual events

You provide nonsense that you just write yourself and put "WikiLeaks" at the top.

Utter shit, that would have been all over the news, no one apart from you has heard of it, couldn't be you're lying could it??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 pm

sb wrote:you must be the shittest lawyer in the world

"your honor in picture A you can see soldiers standing guard over some POW's"

"now if you look to picture B, we see some dead bodies"

"so in conclusion US soldiers rape and kill people, i rest my case"

its almost as bad you putting the pieces of trumps collusion together

The pictures are all of the massacre at Mai Li. They didn't bother to 'stand guard' at Mai Li.

But you miss the point completely. The issue is baby killing. Look closely at the dead bodies and what do you see, Russ?

Your powers of avoidance are epic.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Original Quill on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The link is Wikileaks...look at the top.  Google "the Mahmudiyah rape and killings".

You don't know how to do research on the Internet?  Just copy any passage in a text, and put it in the google search box.  You'll find the article as well as any reprints of it.

I provide links to factual events

You provide nonsense that you just write yourself and put "WikiLeaks" at the top.

Utter shit, that would have been all over the news, no one apart from you has heard of it, couldn't be you're lying could it??

Sorry.  Did I say Wikileaks?  I meant Wikipedia.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23025
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
sb wrote:you must be the shittest lawyer in the world

"your honor in picture A you can see soldiers standing guard over some POW's"

"now if you look to picture B, we see some dead bodies"

"so in conclusion US soldiers rape and kill people, i rest my case"

its almost as bad you putting the pieces of trumps collusion together

The pictures are all of the massacre at Mai Li.  They didn't bother to 'stand guard' at Mai Li.

But you miss the point completely.  The issue is baby killing.  Look closely at the dead bodies and what do you see, Russ?

Your powers of avoidance are epic.

no quill the issue is US soldiers killing babies

but what happened in that massacre that you have so conveniently left out??

who was it that put himself and his men in between the attacking soldiers and the Vietnamese villagers??

come on quill tell us all who it was that stopped the massacre??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I provide links to factual events

You provide nonsense that you just write yourself and put "WikiLeaks" at the top.

Utter shit, that would have been all over the news, no one apart from you has heard of it, couldn't be you're lying could it??

Sorry.  Did I say Wikileaks?  I meant Wikipedia.

you cant even get your resources correct

and wikipedia is even worse than wikileaks, anyone can alter and add stuff on wikipedia without needing to cite the reference

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lies of Republican Tax Scam

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum