Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' damages their mental health, reveals survey of 16-24 year olds

Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' is damaging their mental health, research claims.

The controversial term is now fashionable to use when describing young adults who are seen as taking offence easily and emotionally vulnerable.

Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds surveyed believe the moniker is unfair and are adamant it could negatively affect their mental health.

The findings, made by insurance firm Aviva, were derived from a survey of 2,022 British participants between those ages.

The thoughts were echoed by adults of all ages, with 58 per cent claiming the label is unfairly applied, the survey showed.

A further 57 per cent felt that the term 'generation snowflake' could also harm the mental health of young people.

The worst affected

A separate study also released by Aviva today suggests that 16-24 year olds are the worst-affected by mental health issues.

Around three in five have experienced a mental health condition, compared to just under half of adults over the age of 24.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5151733/Calling-youngsters-snowflakes-damages-mental-health.html

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

Yes, in law, in Britain, we are all treated equally. And that is great.

But privelidge isn't just about law.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

Disabled people will never be a privilidged by default.

Trans people are mocked all the time, especially online.

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.

well, if everyone is equal under the law then job done


the only ''group'' that i would agree with is the disabled as they dont have equal access to travel etc and their lives can be made more difficult by this,  but this is down to the government,,,also despite the law, the jobs market is limited

as for people being ''mocked''  FFS!  everyone is mocked at sometime for some reason or another.  FFS!  big up and get over it

privilege be buggered

sorry but your post sounds like a load of old whiney bollox to me

That's because it's never affected you. That's fine, some people have more empathy than others too lol

I don't want to raise my sexuality, as didge will come out with some gotcha BS about how everything is about gay issues with me, but I'm going to anyway because that's the main concrete experience I have.

But when of it you ever booked holidays for you and your partner in the past, did you ever have to consider if it was ok to book a double room? Or if the owners of a business would be ok with gay customers?

I imagine not.

And no didge before you chime in, I'm not being a victim, I've done and am doing fine, thanks very much.

Also, to try and be on point, I probably shouldn't use the word rights, since yes legally that's mostly ok now. But young people raising awareness of issues surrounding those groups is not bloody whiny its called being concerned, being empathetic. Try it.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

well, if everyone is equal under the law then job done


the only ''group'' that i would agree with is the disabled as they dont have equal access to travel etc and their lives can be made more difficult by this,  but this is down to the government,,,also despite the law, the jobs market is limited

as for people being ''mocked''  FFS!  everyone is mocked at sometime for some reason or another.  FFS!  big up and get over it

privilege be buggered

sorry but your post sounds like a load of old whiney bollox to me

That's because it's never affected you. That's fine, some people have more empathy than others too lol

I don't want to raise my sexuality, as didge will come out with some gotcha BS about how everything is about gay issues with me, but I'm going to anyway because that's the main concrete experience I have.

But when of it you ever booked holidays for you and your partner in the past, did you ever have to consider if it was ok to book a double room? Or if the owners of a business would be ok with gay customers?

I imagine not.

And no didge before you chime in, I'm not being a victim, I've done and am doing fine, thanks very much.

Also, to try and be on point, I probably shouldn't use the word rights, since yes legally that's mostly ok now. But young people raising awareness of issues surrounding those groups is not bloody whiny its called being concerned, being empathetic. Try it.


So you face the reality that in some places Gays are not accepted in the world, of which I and others speak out on daily, which generally those on the left turn a blind eye too, when its places like in the Muslim majority world.

People constantly raise awareness about all kinds of bigotry, yet you again seem to elevate yourself to only being someone who only suffers prejudice.

I mean people daily suffer prejudice simple by their looks on being able to obtain a job.

How shall we riase that awareness Eilzel?

I more than anyone use empthatic intelligence, but yours seems to confined to only certain groups of people

You are being whiny, as many people suffer discrimination all the time. I see this as a problem as a whole and look to help bring about change with reason

You though only want to speak about things that matter to you or directly involve you.

There is more in the world than just gay people who suffer prejudice

If you opened your eyes, you would actually see that, but the reality is most people look to rise above such discrimination.

The reality is no matter what laws you have, where there is equality for all, you will never stop someone people discriminating, espcially on a job interview for example.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

well, if everyone is equal under the law then job done


the only ''group'' that i would agree with is the disabled as they dont have equal access to travel etc and their lives can be made more difficult by this,  but this is down to the government,,,also despite the law, the jobs market is limited

as for people being ''mocked''  FFS!  everyone is mocked at sometime for some reason or another.  FFS!  big up and get over it

privilege be buggered

sorry but your post sounds like a load of old whiney bollox to me

That's because it's never affected you. That's fine, some people have more empathy than others too lol

I don't want to raise my sexuality, as didge will come out with some gotcha BS about how everything is about gay issues with me, but I'm going to anyway because that's the main concrete experience I have.

But when of it you ever booked holidays for you and your partner in the past, did you ever have to consider if it was ok to book a double room? Or if the owners of a business would be ok with gay customers?

I imagine not.

And no didge before you chime in, I'm not being a victim, I've done and am doing fine, thanks very much.

Also, to try and be on point, I probably shouldn't use the word rights, since yes legally that's mostly ok now. But young people raising awareness of issues surrounding those groups is not bloody whiny its called being concerned, being empathetic. Try it.


So you face the reality that in some places Gays are not accepted in the world, of which I and others speak out on daily, which generally those on the left turn a blind eye too, when its places like in the Muslim majority world.

People constantly raise awareness about all kinds of bigotry, yet you again seem to elevate yourself to only being someone who only suffers prejudice.

I mean people daily suffer prejudice simple by their looks on being able to obtain a job.

How shall we riase that awareness Eilzel?

I more than anyone use empthatic intelligence, but yours seems to confined to only certain groups of people

You are being whiny, as many people suffer discrimination all the time. I see this as a problem as a whole and look to help bring about change with reason

You though only want to speak about things that matter to you or directly involve you.

There is more in the world than just gay people who suffer prejudice

If you opened your eyes, you would actually see that, but the reality is most people look to rise above such discrimination.

The reality is no matter what laws you have, where there is equality for all, you will never stop someone people discriminating, espcially on a job interview for example.

Didge fuck off. You are being so predictable in how you spin this. I gave you a list of groups discriminated against and even an example of how my life might be different if I was black. You are making it exclusively about being gay. You are making it about victimhood. Go watch your youtube videos, get angry with them and stop pestering me if you aren't going to acknowledge what I've said.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


So you face the reality that in some places Gays are not accepted in the world, of which I and others speak out on daily, which generally those on the left turn a blind eye too, when its places like in the Muslim majority world.

People constantly raise awareness about all kinds of bigotry, yet you again seem to elevate yourself to only being someone who only suffers prejudice.

I mean people daily suffer prejudice simple by their looks on being able to obtain a job.

How shall we riase that awareness Eilzel?

I more than anyone use empthatic intelligence, but yours seems to confined to only certain groups of people

You are being whiny, as many people suffer discrimination all the time. I see this as a problem as a whole and look to help bring about change with reason

You though only want to speak about things that matter to you or directly involve you.

There is more in the world than just gay people who suffer prejudice

If you opened your eyes, you would actually see that, but the reality is most people look to rise above such discrimination.

The reality is no matter what laws you have, where there is equality for all, you will never stop someone people discriminating, espcially on a job interview for example.

Didge fuck off. You are being so predictable in how you spin this. I gave you a list of groups discriminated against and even an example of how my life might be different if I was black. You are making it exclusively about being gay. You are making it about victimhood. Go watch your youtube videos, get angry with them and stop pestering me if you aren't going to acknowledge what I've said.


A true sign of someone very hateful, who cannot take criticism of his views

Yes you gave a list, ignoring countless other people who suffer prejudice for a multitude of reasons

I am not making it about being gay at all

It seems, that you are the one that is angry and not me.

I am simple pointing out, that some groups are elevated above others, ignoring the ffact countless people suffer discrimination.

Now, be a good little boy and go and have a cry if you need to.

I am sure there is a multitude of snowflakes linning up to give you a hug. After you clearly must feel violated by my criticism


Last edited by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by nicko on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Calling young people "snowflakes" will affect their mental health? Bit thin skinned aren't they?
For fucks sake tell them to big up and "walk like a man" as the song says!...........a nation of wimps are being bred !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by gelico on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:49 pm


les, you're not making much sense here

''A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.''

but a black person has equal access to education and training as any other in order to get better employment,,,,it's totally down to the individual.

then you say people of different races are ''mocked''

there is a big difference between being mocked for any reason and actually being discriminated against

let's face it older people are mocked for being old (apparantly called the fuck up generation) but they have no protection under the law.

fat/ginger people are mocked for being ginger or fat but they have no protection under the law.

are these young people who are 'raising concerns' at all concerned about the over 60s who have no technical skills but are ordered to do everything online even if they haven't got a clue and no one to teach them? i haven't heard them if they are.

you are so selective - you sound like a spoilt brat at times



gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


So you face the reality that in some places Gays are not accepted in the world, of which I and others speak out on daily, which generally those on the left turn a blind eye too, when its places like in the Muslim majority world.

People constantly raise awareness about all kinds of bigotry, yet you again seem to elevate yourself to only being someone who only suffers prejudice.

I mean people daily suffer prejudice simple by their looks on being able to obtain a job.

How shall we riase that awareness Eilzel?

I more than anyone use empthatic intelligence, but yours seems to confined to only certain groups of people

You are being whiny, as many people suffer discrimination all the time. I see this as a problem as a whole and look to help bring about change with reason

You though only want to speak about things that matter to you or directly involve you.

There is more in the world than just gay people who suffer prejudice

If you opened your eyes, you would actually see that, but the reality is most people look to rise above such discrimination.

The reality is no matter what laws you have, where there is equality for all, you will never stop someone people discriminating, espcially on a job interview for example.

Didge fuck off. You are being so predictable in how you spin this. I gave you a list of groups discriminated against and even an example of how my life might be different if I was black. You are making it exclusively about being gay. You are making it about victimhood. Go watch your youtube videos, get angry with them and stop pestering me if you aren't going to acknowledge what I've said.


A true sign of someone very hateful, who cannot take criticism of his views

Yes you gave a list, ignoring countless other people who suffer prejudice for a multitude of reasons

I am not making it about being gay at all

It seems, that you are the one that is angry and not me.

I am simple pointing out, that some groups are elevated above others, ignoring the ffact countless people suffer discrimination.

Now, be a good little boy and go and have a cry if you need to.

I am sure there is a multitude of snowflakes linning up to give you a hug. After you clearly must feel violated by my criticism

Explain how I'm elevating any group by including all groups.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


A true sign of someone very hateful, who cannot take criticism of his views

Yes you gave a list, ignoring countless other people who suffer prejudice for a multitude of reasons

I am not making it about being gay at all

It seems, that you are the one that is angry and not me.

I am simple pointing out, that some groups are elevated above others, ignoring the ffact countless people suffer discrimination.

Now, be a good little boy and go and have a cry if you need to.

I am sure there is a multitude of snowflakes linning up to give you a hug. After you clearly must feel violated by my criticism

Explain how I'm elevating any group by including all groups.


You want me to go over it all again?

What did you fail to grasp the first time?

I think you best allow your emotions to subside before you continue.

Again all people suffer discrimination and abuse at some point.

You claimed many do not, and went off certain groups that are protected by law.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

gelico wrote:
les, you're not making much sense here

''A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.''

but a black person has equal access to education and training as any other in order to get better employment,,,,it's totally down to the individual.

then you say people of different races are ''mocked''

there is a big difference between being mocked for any reason and actually being discriminated against

let's face it older people are mocked for being old (apparantly called the fuck up generation) but they have no protection under the law.

fat/ginger people are mocked for being ginger or fat but they have no protection under the law.

are these young people who are 'raising concerns' at all concerned about the over 60s who have no technical skills but are ordered to do everything online even if they haven't got a clue and no one to teach them?  i haven't heard them if they are.

you are so selective - you sound like a spoilt brat at times



What you want me to list every single group? No one can do that.

Mocked my be an understatement, I'm talking about racial slurs.

And why did I use the term 'fuck up generation', can you tell me? Was I being malicious toward older people out of nowhere? What was the reason?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


A true sign of someone very hateful, who cannot take criticism of his views

Yes you gave a list, ignoring countless other people who suffer prejudice for a multitude of reasons

I am not making it about being gay at all

It seems, that you are the one that is angry and not me.

I am simple pointing out, that some groups are elevated above others, ignoring the ffact countless people suffer discrimination.

Now, be a good little boy and go and have a cry if you need to.

I am sure there is a multitude of snowflakes linning up to give you a hug. After you clearly must feel violated by my criticism

Explain how I'm elevating any group by including all groups.


You want me to go over it all again?

What did you fail to grasp the first time?

I think you best allow your emotions to subside before you continue.

Again all people suffer discrimination and abuse at some point.

You claimed many do not, and went off certain groups that are protected by law.

All people may suffer abuse at times, I agree. But discrimination? There is clearly a major difference between the discrimination toward some.

I no, I haven't elevated anyone.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


You want me to go over it all again?

What did you fail to grasp the first time?

I think you best allow your emotions to subside before you continue.

Again all people suffer discrimination and abuse at some point.

You claimed many do not, and went off certain groups that are protected by law.

All people may suffer abuse at times, I agree. But discrimination? There is clearly a major difference between the discrimination toward some.

I no, I haven't elevated anyone.


A major difference?

You just do not see discrimination daily.

People do this all the time, whether it be on age, looks, how tall or short, how they may eat, their habbits, manners etc

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


You want me to go over it all again?

What did you fail to grasp the first time?

I think you best allow your emotions to subside before you continue.

Again all people suffer discrimination and abuse at some point.

You claimed many do not, and went off certain groups that are protected by law.

All people may suffer abuse at times, I agree. But discrimination? There is clearly a major difference between the discrimination toward some.

I no, I haven't elevated anyone.


A major difference?

You just do not see discrimination daily.

People do this all the time, whether it be on age, looks, how tall or short, how they may eat, their habbits, manners etc

And of course the police treat tall and short people the same as black and white, right? And there are whole sections of society who oppose old people the way they opppse homosexuality, right? And people are killed for their eating habits as they are their gender identity, right? Yeah, just the same.

Of course I know people are abused all the time, but it's not the same.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


A major difference?

You just do not see discrimination daily.

People do this all the time, whether it be on age, looks, how tall or short, how they may eat, their habbits, manners etc

And of course the police treat tall and short people the same as black and white, right? And there are whole sections of society who oppose old people the way they opppse homosexuality, right? And people are killed for their eating habits as they are their gender identity, right? Yeah, just the same.

Of course I know people are abused all the time, but it's not the same.


What has the Police got to do with how and why short or tall people can and are discriminated against?

I mean, does transport, aeroplanes etc cater for tall people?

No

You see you are conflating hate with discrimination now

Yes old people are very much being targeted with hate due to the brexit vote.

Now of course some groups suffer both prejudice and hate combined at the same time

This is the reality with commies like you. That you only see what you want to see.

You continually make victims out of people.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:34 pm


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by gelico on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Didge wrote:


lol!


hahahaha i missed this one

sounds about right though

lol!

gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


And as they grow older hopefully their outlook will alter, their perspectives change and they will do a complete turnaround.   It's called life.   That's the thing with young people, they have yet to experience enough of what life chucks at you...at least not in affluent and Westernised countries.  Their hardship could be another person's idea of luxury.    One day, when they've loved and lost, experienced enough knock backs, disappointments and fuckwittery, they'll suddenly realise that the world doesn't revolve around them and someone else's grass won't necessarily  be greener than theirs.   

We've all been young...just as we'll all get old.   For most, hopefully, life will teach them to be grateful for what they've got, to appreciate each day, and treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.

The last line is the most important. Though, aren't many young people, condemned as snowflakes, already doing that by fighting for rights of less privelidged groups.


Didn't I say that not all young people are snowflakes?   What we're discussing here are the one that do take umbrage to the slightest thing and in live in la la land.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:08 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:


lol!


hahahaha i missed this one

sounds about right though

lol!

Laughing

You will enjoy this.

@ Eilzel, do not take it personal, I know you are not a commie, and you know I love to bust balls but you dont half walk into things, when you make a poor reasoned argument. I took it apart and easily so. More to show the flaws within it.

Anyway, everyone enjoy


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

Yes, in law, in Britain, we are all treated equally. And that is great.

But privelidge isn't just about law.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

Disabled people will never be a privilidged by default.

Trans people are mocked all the time, especially online.

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.


I think things have to be put into perspective.   There's a ratio of 1 in 5 black people to white in London alone.   So of course the percentage getting jobs will seem like less.   I have black friends, and both run their own business very successfully and have worked at top management level for decades.   My brother is gay and so are all his friends and all are in work and have been for decades.   It's also about what you put into a job, the way you approach it,  the standard of your qualifications and whether your face fits.   That applies to everyone.  Not just ethnic minorities.   Most white people have been rejected/unemployable/unsuitable at least once in their lives when it comes to jobs and career.   As a female, I was discriminated against for most of my working life at some level or another.

If you can't get a job you really do have reassess why and not pin it on it being necessarily gay/black/female/transgender/disabled.   You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep trying.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:16 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


And as they grow older hopefully their outlook will alter, their perspectives change and they will do a complete turnaround.   It's called life.   That's the thing with young people, they have yet to experience enough of what life chucks at you...at least not in affluent and Westernised countries.  Their hardship could be another person's idea of luxury.    One day, when they've loved and lost, experienced enough knock backs, disappointments and fuckwittery, they'll suddenly realise that the world doesn't revolve around them and someone else's grass won't necessarily  be greener than theirs.   

We've all been young...just as we'll all get old.   For most, hopefully, life will teach them to be grateful for what they've got, to appreciate each day, and treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.

The last line is the most important. Though, aren't many young people, condemned as snowflakes, already doing that by fighting for rights of less privelidged groups.


Didn't I say that not all young people are snowflakes?   What we're discussing here are the one that do take umbrage to the slightest thing and in live in la la land.

Fair play. But the fact not all young people are 'snowflakes' is why the term shouldn't so quickly be the go to put down for everyone dismissing the concerns of young people (not saying you are one of them.).

Young people complain about gender inquality- snowflakes.
Young people complain (usually rightly so) at something Trump said- snowflakes.
Young people complain about Brexit- snowflakes.
Young people complain about university tuition- snowflakes.
And so on and so on.

It's condescending as hell. People want young people to get involved in politics and be active in the democratic process. Well isn't protesting and voicing concerns a part of that? How does making up a silly name for them help? And if people like the girl in didge's pathetic video exist (and admittedly some do if not to that extent), then why are we making up childish names for them instead of slamming the parental practices that led to that being a thing in the first place?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:


lol!


hahahaha i missed this one

sounds about right though

lol!

Laughing

You will enjoy this.

@ Eilzel, do not take it personal, I know you are not a commie, and you know I love to bust balls but you dont half walk into things, when you make a poor reasoned argument. I took it apart and easily so. More to show the flaws within it.

Anyway, everyone enjoy


Poorly reasoned? You haven't showed anywhere where that's the case. All you've done is posted videos which show you aren't really arguing my points, you are just repeating what you've heard from others on youtube...

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

Yes, in law, in Britain, we are all treated equally. And that is great.

But privelidge isn't just about law.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

Disabled people will never be a privilidged by default.

Trans people are mocked all the time, especially online.

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.


I think things have to be put into perspective.   There's a ratio of 1 in 5 black people to white in London alone.   So of course the percentage getting jobs will seem like less.   I have black friends, and both run their own business very successfully and have worked at top management level for decades.   My brother is gay and so are all his friends and all are in work and have been for decades.   It's also about what you put into a job, the way you approach it,  the standard of your qualifications and whether your face fits.   That applies to everyone.  Not just ethnic minorities.   Most white people have been rejected/unemployable/unsuitable at least once in their lives when it comes to jobs and career.   As a female, I was discriminated against for most of my working life at some level or another.

If you can't get a job you really do have reassess why and not pin it on it being necessarily gay/black/female/transgender/disabled.   You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep trying.

Yeah, but again, I wasn't talking only or even mainly about employment, but that's all in the following posts.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

You will enjoy this.

@ Eilzel, do not take it personal, I know you are not a commie, and you know I love to bust balls but you dont half walk into things, when you make a poor reasoned argument. I took it apart and easily so. More to show the flaws within it.

Anyway, everyone enjoy


Poorly reasoned? You haven't showed anywhere where that's the case. All you've done is posted videos which show you aren't really arguing my points, you are just repeating what you've heard from others on youtube...


This is my point, you cannot concieve you even made bad points, of which I did expose

I know I have, because you have just ignored all my reasoned points and go off two joke videos I posted and one very interesting, that you should watch.

You even tried to claim people who eat, do not suffer being hated and murdered, when they do.

It shows you live within a bubble and only see discrimination within a segment of that entire pie.

So I have not repeated anything from online, maybe you can actually show who I have taken the arguments from and post exactly them saying what I have done.

You see, this is what the left do, when they have no answer, they are left trying to deligitimize the person being critical of their views.

That shows a serious flaw you have

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:30 pm

I've actually watched the speech before, and his criticisms of how people overuse phones (especially young people) are absolutely on point, though again, not JUST for young people.


_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Anyway, have a good day people, have lots to do.

Enjoy

Smile

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Eilzel wrote:I've actually watched the speech before, and his criticisms of how people overuse phones (especially young people) are absolutely on point, though again, not JUST for young people.



Its the point on how social skills are lacking in many young people, that was most important. Of which technology has played a part in this.

Anyway, see you later

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

well, if everyone is equal under the law then job done


the only ''group'' that i would agree with is the disabled as they dont have equal access to travel etc and their lives can be made more difficult by this,  but this is down to the government,,,also despite the law, the jobs market is limited

as for people being ''mocked''  FFS!  everyone is mocked at sometime for some reason or another.  FFS!  big up and get over it

privilege be buggered

sorry but your post sounds like a load of old whiney bollox to me

That's because it's never affected you. That's fine, some people have more empathy than others too lol

I don't want to raise my sexuality, as didge will come out with some gotcha BS about how everything is about gay issues with me, but I'm going to anyway because that's the main concrete experience I have.

But when of it you ever booked holidays for you and your partner in the past, did you ever have to consider if it was ok to book a double room? Or if the owners of a business would be ok with gay customers?

I imagine not.

And no didge before you chime in, I'm not being a victim, I've done and am doing fine, thanks very much.

Also, to try and be on point, I probably shouldn't use the word rights, since yes legally that's mostly ok now. But young people raising awareness of issues surrounding those groups is not bloody whiny its called being concerned, being empathetic. Try it.


Things are changing though and it takes time.   Back when I was 18, I was refused jobs because I was pregnant.  i was also turned away from nurse training because I had a child.   My mother was fired from her job for being pregnant with me.      And as for the booking of the double room me and my boyfriend, before we were married, were turned down for hotel rooms for not sharing the same surname.   Obviously, that was back in the seventies, but you seem to forget that discrimination has always been around and that things are getting better slowly but surely.   It's all about just getting on with it and not creating a huge fuss because your feelings are hurt.   You just find a hotel that does accept you....or a job that is more suited to you.   There was a time where women were locked up in asylums for having PMT or PND.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


Didn't I say that not all young people are snowflakes?   What we're discussing here are the one that do take umbrage to the slightest thing and in live in la la land.

Fair play. But the fact not all young people are 'snowflakes' is why the term shouldn't so quickly be the go to put down for everyone dismissing the concerns of young people (not saying you are one of them.).

Young people complain about gender inquality- snowflakes.
Young people complain (usually rightly so) at something Trump said- snowflakes.
Young people complain about Brexit- snowflakes.
Young people complain about university tuition- snowflakes.
And so on and so on.

It's condescending as hell. People want young people to get involved in politics and be active in the democratic process. Well isn't protesting and voicing concerns a part of that? How does making up a silly name for them help? And if people like the girl in didge's pathetic video exist (and admittedly some do if not to that extent), then why are we making up childish names for them instead of slamming the parental practices that led to that being a thing in the first place?


Young people have always  protested and voiced concerns.   But the thing about being young is that you don't have the experience of someone twice or three times your age.   You can have plenty of energy and idealism, but does that alone make good far-reaching decisions of national or world importance?    It's also condescending as hell to hear young people call older people stupid old farts.   To insist the elderly stop driving after a certain age.   To suggest that the elderly can no longer vote.   

If I, over my lifetime, had a penny for every time I heard a teenager say 'I hope I die before I reach 30!'   I'd be rich.   

It's never been a truer word said that youth is wasted on the young.

Young, dumb and full of come, just about sums up many young people and their 'idealism.'   Not all.   But many.

How do we know?   Coz we've all been there.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by gelico on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm



@ HT

you put things far better than I can

gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


Didn't I say that not all young people are snowflakes?   What we're discussing here are the one that do take umbrage to the slightest thing and in live in la la land.

Fair play. But the fact not all young people are 'snowflakes' is why the term shouldn't so quickly be the go to put down for everyone dismissing the concerns of young people (not saying you are one of them.).

Young people complain about gender inquality- snowflakes.
Young people complain (usually rightly so) at something Trump said- snowflakes.
Young people complain about Brexit- snowflakes.
Young people complain about university tuition- snowflakes.
And so on and so on.

It's condescending as hell. People want young people to get involved in politics and be active in the democratic process. Well isn't protesting and voicing concerns a part of that? How does making up a silly name for them help? And if people like the girl in didge's pathetic video exist (and admittedly some do if not to that extent), then why are we making up childish names for them instead of slamming the parental practices that led to that being a thing in the first place?


Young people have always  protested and voiced concerns.   But the thing about being young is that you don't have the experience of someone twice or three times your age.   You can have plenty of energy and idealism, but does that alone make good far-reaching decisions of national or world importance?    It's also condescending as hell to hear young people call older people stupid old farts.   To insist the elderly stop driving after a certain age.   To suggest that the elderly can no longer vote.   

If I, over my lifetime, had a penny for every time I heard a teenager say 'I hope I die before I reach 30!'   I'd be rich.   

It's never been a truer word said that youth is wasted on the young.

Young, dumb and full of come, just about sums up many young people and their 'idealism.'   Not all.   But many.

How do we know?   Coz we've all been there.

Just because you people don't have as much experience, doesn't mean they can't sometimes be right. I mean, in some places gay marriage might never have passed into law if it relied on the vote of people over 50.

However, I have never heard anyone I know, however young, suggest all old people are 'stupid old farts'. It's been said about some, or individuals, however unfair there was a lot of that around the result of the Brexit vote, though I know there was a lot the other way too. But snowflake seems tailored to tar old millennials.

Of course young people can be stupid and oversensitive at times, that's part of being young. As much as getting cranky, stubborn, insensitive and forgetful are marks of age Twisted Evil

Of course overall, you'd think this rather obvious observation of the way of things would result in more understanding from both sides. But no, it seems perfectly OK, in the eyes of the more experienced older generations, to write off silly kids as knowing nothing and needing to get over themselves.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Cass on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

-Socrates, 400 something BC

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod 8th century BC

It’s always been the same since time began. The older generation berates and loathes the newer as it’s all about change.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-George Santayana, sometime much more recently.

As The World Turns.


Last edited by Cass on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4384
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Cass wrote:Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

-Socrates, 400 something BC

I see no hope for the future of our people if they heyvare dependent n the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod 8th century BC

It’s always been the same since time began. The older generation berates and loathes the newer as it’s all about change.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-George Santayana, sometime much more recently.

As The World Turns.

Best post in the thread. Thanks for being awesome, Cass alien

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

Yes, in law, in Britain, we are all treated equally. And that is great.

But privelidge isn't just about law.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

Disabled people will never be a privilidged by default.

Trans people are mocked all the time, especially online.

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.


'Your DNA is an abomination': Texas State University paper slammed for 'racist article' by author who said they 'hate' white people


Texas State University's student newspaper has been blasted after it printed an opinion column that excoriated white people for 'subjugating' non-whites whether they know of it or not.

The University Star article, written by student Rudy Martinez, calls white people in the US 'an aberration' and tells them to 'remember this: I hate you because you shouldn't exist.

'Whiteness will be over because we want it to be,' Martinez wrote. 'And when it dies, there will be millions of cultural zombies aimlessly wandering across a vastly changed landscape.'

What Martinez appeared to be trying to suggest in the article - titled 'Your DNA is an abomination' - was that the concept of 'whiteness' was invented in America to separate whites from other races.

That division was then used to help keep other races down, and whites oblivious to the advantages their skin brings them.

It's a sociological theory that's been discussed since the late 20th century; Martinez's contribution appeared to be a lot of divisive and fiery invective and not much else.

The philosophy senior kicked off by saying that he had met 'only a dozen... "decent"' white people in his life.

'You were not born white, you became white,' he said, failing to properly explain that by 'white' he was talking about the category within US society, not the biologically determined color of someone's skin.

'You have been estranged from yourself and, in that absence, have been instilled with an allegiance to a country that was never great,' he complained.

'One that has continuously attempted to push non-whites into non-existence through crusades that have been defended by the law.'

He then went on to accuse the readers - whom he earlier acknowledged as possibly being unaware of their privilege - of having actively 'built' an 'oppressive world'.

'I see white people as an aberration,' he said, and promised 'a constant, ideological struggle' to 'deconstruct whiteness'.

Martinez promised that he would 'win' that struggle, and that 'goodhearted liberals, apathetic nihilists and right-wing extremists' should accept the 'death' of whiteness as 'liberation for all'.

It is unclear how Martinez intends to 'kill whiteness' if he insists on invoking it repeatedly to separate white readers from non-whites.

It's also unclear why the article would be titled 'Your DNA is an abomination' if his problem is with race as a social construct.

Martinez finished up his article on a cheery note, writing, 'remember this: I hate you because you shouldn't exist.

'You are both the dominant apparatus on the planet and the void in which all cultures, upon meeting you, die.'

The article caused an outcry among students, who derided it as racist, prompting the paper's editor-in-chief, Denise Cervantes, to write an apology.

On Wednesday, she wrote that 'The original intent of the column was to comment on the idea of race and racial identities.

'We acknowledge that the column could have been clearer in its message and that it has caused hurt within our campus community.

'We apologize and hope that we can move forward to a place of productive dialogue on ways to bring our community together.'

And in a Facebook post, University President Denise M. Trauth derided the 'racist' article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5134429/Texas-student-paper-blasted-anti-white-article.html

i guess that puts white people out of the privileged circle of trust then

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


Young people have always  protested and voiced concerns.   But the thing about being young is that you don't have the experience of someone twice or three times your age.   You can have plenty of energy and idealism, but does that alone make good far-reaching decisions of national or world importance?    It's also condescending as hell to hear young people call older people stupid old farts.   To insist the elderly stop driving after a certain age.   To suggest that the elderly can no longer vote.   

If I, over my lifetime, had a penny for every time I heard a teenager say 'I hope I die before I reach 30!'   I'd be rich.   

It's never been a truer word said that youth is wasted on the young.

Young, dumb and full of come, just about sums up many young people and their 'idealism.'   Not all.   But many.

How do we know?   Coz we've all been there.

Just because you people don't have as much experience, doesn't mean they can't sometimes be right. I mean, in some places gay marriage might never have passed into law if it relied on the vote of people over 50.

However, I have never heard anyone I know, however young, suggest all old people are 'stupid old farts'. It's been said about some, or individuals, however unfair there was a lot of that around the result of the Brexit vote, though I know there was a lot the other way too. But snowflake seems tailored to tar old millennials.

Of course young people can be stupid and oversensitive at times, that's part of being young. As much as getting cranky, stubborn, insensitive and forgetful are marks of age Twisted Evil

Of course overall, you'd think this rather obvious observation of the way of things would result in more understanding from both sides. But no, it seems perfectly OK, in the eyes of the more experienced older generations, to write off silly kids as knowing nothing and needing to get over themselves.

It's a misconception to think all young people are stupid, just as it is to think all elderly are senile.   It's about respect too.  And that has to be earned.   When was the last time you saw an elderly person pissing on the cenotaph?  

People change.  Hopefully.   I'd hate to think I was the same person now that I was at 17.   I'm not.   Anyone who doesn't educate themselves, learn and keep on learning is a true idiot.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Cass wrote:Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

-Socrates, 400 something BC

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod 8th century BC

It’s always been the same since time began. The older generation berates and loathes the newer as it’s all about change.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-George Santayana, sometime much more recently.

As The World Turns.

All the more reason not to take young people too seriously or think their rantings and demands are how it should be.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Cass wrote:Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

-Socrates, 400 something BC

I see no hope for the future of our people if they heyvare dependent n the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod 8th century BC

It’s always been the same since time began. The older generation berates and loathes the newer as it’s all about change.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-George Santayana, sometime much more recently.

As The World Turns.

Best post in the thread. Thanks for being awesome, Cass alien

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.     
Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope.
Aristotle
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by eddie on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope.
Aristotle

I don't think that's as true as it might once have been.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32351
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Cass on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

-Socrates, 400 something BC

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.

- Hesiod 8th century BC

It’s always been the same since time began. The older generation berates and loathes the newer as it’s all about change.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-George Santayana, sometime much more recently.

As The World Turns.

All the more reason not to take young people too seriously or think their rantings and demands are how it should be.

Same applies to any age in my opinion.


_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4384
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Cass wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

All the more reason not to take young people too seriously or think their rantings and demands are how it should be.

Same applies to any age in my opinion.




Some people never grow up, that's true.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


Young people have always  protested and voiced concerns.   But the thing about being young is that you don't have the experience of someone twice or three times your age.   You can have plenty of energy and idealism, but does that alone make good far-reaching decisions of national or world importance?    It's also condescending as hell to hear young people call older people stupid old farts.   To insist the elderly stop driving after a certain age.   To suggest that the elderly can no longer vote.   

If I, over my lifetime, had a penny for every time I heard a teenager say 'I hope I die before I reach 30!'   I'd be rich.   

It's never been a truer word said that youth is wasted on the young.

Young, dumb and full of come, just about sums up many young people and their 'idealism.'   Not all.   But many.

How do we know?   Coz we've all been there.

Just because you people don't have as much experience, doesn't mean they can't sometimes be right. I mean, in some places gay marriage might never have passed into law if it relied on the vote of people over 50.

However, I have never heard anyone I know, however young, suggest all old people are 'stupid old farts'. It's been said about some, or individuals, however unfair there was a lot of that around the result of the Brexit vote, though I know there was a lot the other way too. But snowflake seems tailored to tar old millennials.

Of course young people can be stupid and oversensitive at times, that's part of being young. As much as getting cranky, stubborn, insensitive and forgetful are marks of age Twisted Evil

Of course overall, you'd think this rather obvious observation of the way of things would result in more understanding from both sides. But no, it seems perfectly OK, in the eyes of the more experienced older generations, to write off silly kids as knowing nothing and needing to get over themselves.

It's a misconception to think all young people are stupid, just as it is to think all elderly are senile.   It's about respect too.  And that has to be earned.   When was the last time you saw an elderly person pissing on the cenotaph?  

People change.  Hopefully.   I'd hate to think I was the same person now that I was at 17.   I'm not.   Anyone who doesn't educate themselves, learn and keep on learning is a true idiot.

How many times have we seen a young person pissing on the cenotaph?

I agree, people change.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:20 am

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's a misconception to think all young people are stupid, just as it is to think all elderly are senile.   It's about respect too.  And that has to be earned.   When was the last time you saw an elderly person pissing on the cenotaph?  

People change.  Hopefully.   I'd hate to think I was the same person now that I was at 17.   I'm not.   Anyone who doesn't educate themselves, learn and keep on learning is a true idiot.

How many times have we seen a young person pissing on the cenotaph?

I agree, people change.

Apparantly wedding cakes is a huge change to some

So much so, its more important to back bigots freedom to discriminate, than to challenge their bigotry.

This one aspect is lost on defenders of liberalism.

Some here think, to defend equal rights for all, means casting homosexuals to the very roof tops of ISISville

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:36 am


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 am


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Dear Millennial:

“You’re in a heap o’ trouble, boy.”  Or girl.  What follows are the reasons – or at least the big ones – why you’re so thoroughly screwed, along with some suggestions for self-help at the end.

You tend to loathe Boomers and Generation X, I know.  I don’t actually blame you for that, at least not entirely.  Some of you, though, the Millennials who lump all the above together, without exception, strike me as singularly stupid and ignorant.  

Moreover, the reasons you have for loathing them are somewhat misplaced.  You tend to think – not without some reason – that the Boomers, especially, robbed their future, which is to say you, personally, to pay for largesse for themselves in the present.  

It’s true enough, but it is neither the really awful thing they did to you nor does the complaint portray you in any particularly favorable light.  “Those damned Boomers; they took everything and now there’s nothing left for us.”  Yeah…you know what that sounds like?  It sounds like the whining of one group of thieves over the success of a better or, in this case, merely luckier group of thieves who got to the big haul first.  Yes, it really does.

Sorry, but the damage the Boomers and Xers did to you wasn’t primarily fiscal.  No, no, the damage they did – or allowed – was to you, as a person.  That’s the real crime.  They didn’t’ just rob you of some money in advance.  They didn’t just vote for a series of politicians and political programs and giveaways that ran the economy into the ground.  

No, they stole from you – or allowed others to steal from you – some key elements of personhood, especially the ability to engage in critical, logical thinking.  That’s right, you were not educated, whether in kindergarten or in the kindergartenesque, safe space segregated, snowflake sanctuary schools we call colleges and universities.  Yes, these institutions of miseducation were supposed to teach you how to think.  Instead, they taught you what to think and stunted your native ability to think.  If you ever start to spout bright green feathers?  Yes, this is the reason why; your teachers demanded that you become a parrot.

This is, by the way, not restricted to your left-wing branch of Millennials; rightist, neo-right, and alt-right Millennials tend to show the same preferential substitution of the sound bite for actual thought and to be extremely vulnerable to propaganda.  Universal?  No.  Common?  Very.

Let’s look at a few examples, shall we?  The first of these is personal, to me.  I mention it largely because it was this precise instance that caused me to open my eyes to what academia has done to you.

A Millennial, then allegedly a law student at a top ten school, asserted that it was impossible for me to have taken a fifty percent overload in course work my last two years of law school, that there was an American Bar Association rule that forbade overloading in course work to that degree, so I was clearly a liar.  Unfortunately for his thesis, a) I did do that much course work, b) the rule dated from 1996, and c) I graduated in 1995.  

Assuming the kid wasn’t himself a liar, and was, in fact, enrolled at least in some law school, and maybe even a top ten law school, as claimed, there was no excuse for this.  He should have had a course in public law or legislation and should have realized, should have been taught, should have been made to realize, that dates matter and rules change.  Apparently, however, he never was.  Hell, he should have realized this even without a course in law or legislation; simple instruction in history, honestly applied in elementary school, should have been sufficient to give the stupid shit an understanding that things change.  

He lacked that understanding.  Rather, academia likely stole that understanding from him.  

Okay, okay; I hear you: “This was just a one off that proves nothing.”  Think so?  Read on.

As all right-thinking people know, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was a right-wing atrocity against gays, hatched in the pernicious seventy-two degree corners of the doubleplusungood and evilwickedbadnaughty Pentagon, fought against nearly to the death by progressives…

That’s not remotely what happened.  Rather, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as enacted by Congress, has long deemed Sodomy, which covered more than just homosexual conduct, as a criminal offense potentially carrying severe penalties.  Moreover, the procedure for entering into service demanded that prospective recruits deny or admit to homosexual leanings, in writing, which admissions would usually bar the man or woman from service.  Of course, back when the shame of being publicly homosexual was very great, people who wanted to join the armed forces simply lied about it and then, as a general rule, hid it while in service.    

Liberal Democratic President Bill Clinton, acting in his capacity as Commander in Chief of the armed forces, simply ordered that prospective recruits were not to be asked if they were gay or had homosexual leanings, and were not to volunteer the information.  That, young Millennial, is where DADT came from; it came from a liberal, liberally motivated, and pandering to his liberal base.

Did you know that?  No?  Well, then; ask yourself, WHY didn’t you know?

What the loss of history does to you, dear Millennial, is that it robs you of the ability to reason your way to cause and effect.  Never mind the crappy to the point of idiotic decisions and programs this might lead you to support, consider what it does to you as a person.  What, after all, is the effect of shielding people from contrary opinions by designating and maintaining, under color of law or regulation, “safe spaces” for this or that minority?  Does it make them stronger?  Better able to deal with a harsh world?  Does it change that objective world to something less harsh?  No and no and no; it does none of that.  Do you gain grit in a safe space?  Ha.  Do you learn endurance in a safe space?  Oh, please.  

No, It merely makes of them mollycoddles, weaklings, and in some important ways barely or not even human.  That’s the effect of a safe space, to render those who hide in them weak and ignorant.  

There are things worse than the safe space, though.  That only weakens your brain by making sure you never have to reason about or argue in defense of your beliefs.  And, at least, this moral weakening and brain-deadening thing is voluntary.  Much worse is the movement to restrict free speech and to manipulate speech for political ends.  This does what the safe space does, of course, but a simple saunter down memory lane shows it does so much more.  Want to starve ten or twenty or fifty million of your own people to death?  Want to gas a few million members of a despised minority?  Want to hack to death half a million countrymen?  Job one is attack speech.

Don’t you find it odd that your teachers have led you away from any history that would tend to show you that destruction and perversion of free speech is generally followed by massive murder?  Don’t you find it a little odd that they place offending someone as worse somehow than starving, gassing, or shooting them to death?

One might want to claim that these things only occur on the left-hand side of the Millennial generation, that the rightists, usually the alt-right, are immune to it.  Sadly not, the brain damage crosses all political lines.  Let me give you a related one from the other side of the spectrum.

A frequent plaint of the Millennial end of the Alt-Right goes to the effect of, “What did conservatism conserve, anyway?”  The presumptive answer is “nothing important.”  It’s also the complete bullshit answer.  

In order to arrive at that complete bullshit answer, one has to be, like the idiot law I mentioned, above, detached from history and from cause and effect.  The history is that for about forty-five years we were engaged in a life and death struggle with communism, the most bloody-handed political and intellectual atrocity in human history.  “Oh, but that was just a ‘Cold War’,” We hear from the peanut gallery.  Yeah.  No.  It was a long war, with several active campaigns, with casualties that rivaled those we suffered in the Great War, and where the country was fairly thoroughly infiltrated by the enemy’s acolytes and minions, who arose before the Boomers did, and where the United States also had serious internal problems not of our recent making for the enemy to exploit.  What conservatives preserved, through all this, were the forms of republican government, and a fair amount of the substance.  They did this while carrying on that very expensive cold war to victory.  Moreover, the odds were against them.  These were not nothing.

Do you like being able to keep and bear arms?  Do you appreciate that the left cannot ultimately win because you retain the ability to physically fight them?  Are you happy that you needn’t stand for the playing of The Internationale? Thank a conservative of the sixties and seventies who fought the good fight, him- and herself, holding on, delaying the left, until, finally, with Heller and McDonald, the reborn conservative Supreme Court could send the gun grabbers running for their fainting couches, after Reagan saw the Soviet Union into the trash heap of history

In short, the plaint, “What did conservatism conserve, anyway?” is just another whiney bitch meme of people detached from history and from cause and effect.  Yes, that’s probably you.

That’s okay; cheer up.  Why?  Because if you’re reading this you’re probably not the worst among your generation.  Apparently, about forty-five percent of you would vote for a socialist.

“What’s wrong with socialism?” a Millennial may ask.  There’s nothing wrong with it, of course, except that it never has worked and never will.  That, and the lawlessness, the tyranny, the starvation, the shoddy products, the secret police with unappealable power of life and death, the hopelessness and helplessness, the mind control, the incredible damage to the natural environment, the labor camps – which included forced prostitution, by the way, the tens – nay, probably the hundreds of millions of dead, all laid at the feet of communism and socialism.  

For Jesus’ sake, about a third of you think George Bush killed more people than Joseph Stalin!  That’s the world prize of ignorance!  It doesn’t get any more complete than that.

You cannot believe that there is nothing wrong with socialism – even educated and thoughtful socialists know there are problems – unless you are, again, detached from history, unable to link cause and effect, unable to think, and abysmally ignorant.  

(Oh, yes, and all you idiots sporting “Che” t-shirts?  I have it on pretty good authority that communist revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara died shrieking and crying like a little girl, and begging for mercy.  So do, by all means, continue to wear those shirts.  Really.)

And I’m not even going to touch on the dunder-headed idiocies of the neo-confederates or the alt-Reich.

All this is only the tip of the iceberg.  Look around, examples of your generation’s stunted ability to reason and weak, ranging to non-existent, grasp of history are not hard to find.  Look inside yourself, too, even if you might not much like what you see there.

There would be little point in writing this without holding forth some hope for you, as well as holding forth on the reason to change yourselves.

Why should you change?  I won’t spout love of country or preservation of our civilization to you.  Too many of you prefer communism to democracy – and lack clue one about what either is – for me to expect much from that.  Too many of you have been propagandized into the belief that the United States of America is unutterably evil, wicked from the beginning, and fit only for destruction.  

But you are going to grow old.  You will want to do so in a country that isn’t a ruin.  Between now and then most of you will marry and have children.  You’re going to want your children to have a decent life, and certainly not to end up turning on a spit over low coals amidst the burnt-out ruins of our cities.  In short, you need to change for the best of reasons: self-interest.

I cannot change you.  And my tools for helping you to change yourself are limited, but here they are.  

STEP ONE: Realize Everything You Were Taught in School Is a Fraud.

And, if it wasn’t all fraudulent? No matter, “almost all” is enough that you ought to doubt everything. That doubt is good. Run with it.

STEP TWO: Start Reading History, Damn it.

And you can start with these:  
The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
The Great Terror and Harvest of Sorrow by Robert Conquest
Intellectuals and Society and Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell.
Mexifornia by Victor Davis Hanson
The Koran by Allah. Here, I advise you to read it twice, the first time to get used to the language and imagery, the second so you will understand that they really mean it.
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. When you read it, remember that Orwell isn’t really talking about communism or socialism, but of a fascism that has taken control of the trappings. I assure you, antifa are absolutely fascists.
Sorrows of Empire by Chalmers Johnson. I suggest this one for unusual reasons. It is almost certainly the worst book of nonfiction I have ever read in my life, averaging at least one lie or one emotionally charged irrelevancy for every page. Read it with care. Find the lies. Find the misleading irrelevancies. Learn to recognize them when you see them.
Allan Nevins’s monumental eight volume series on the American Civil War and what caused it.
Those 17 are enough for starters, I think; Rome wasn’t burnt in a day.

And my final advice. Many of the things you will read will go against the narratives drummed into your head from kindergarten on. You will instinctively want to reject them. Don’t; put them aside and keep reading. Eventually you will come to something that you will recognize as true, but is also in opposition to your early propagandization. When that happens, be it sooner or later, it will be time to go back to those earlier instinctive objections and start some serious thinking about them.
Good luck.  And you’re welcome.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's a misconception to think all young people are stupid, just as it is to think all elderly are senile.   It's about respect too.  And that has to be earned.   When was the last time you saw an elderly person pissing on the cenotaph?  

People change.  Hopefully.   I'd hate to think I was the same person now that I was at 17.   I'm not.   Anyone who doesn't educate themselves, learn and keep on learning is a true idiot.

How many times have we seen a young person pissing on the cenotaph?

I agree, people change.


http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/12/man-arrested-for-urinating-on-cenotaph-hours-before-remembrance-service-7072762/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/nov/26/student-urinated-war-memorial-sentenced

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/man-who-urinated-manchester-cenotaph-11210486

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337315/TUITION-FEES-VOTE-PROTEST-Thugs-deface-Cenotaph-urinate-Churchill.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/man-urinated-against-cenotaph-and-tore-down-wreaths-in-whitehall-a2923936.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1624059/jobless-woman-urinated-on-war-memorial-in-broad-daylight-twice-in-front-of-families/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/man-allegedly-assaulted-after-spotting-7646397

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4785949.VIDEO_Shame_of_man_who_urinated_by_cenotaph/?commentSort=score

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-11038258

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drunk-latvian-jailed-urinating-cenotaph-6755675

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/drinker-caught-urinating-newcastle-war-1418016

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/yob-wheelchair-caught-peeing-war-11248888


Not  a pensioner in sight
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Eilzel on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 am

12 stories. So it's basically endemic, right.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:34 am

Eilzel wrote:12 stories. So it's basically endemic, right.


Those that have been reported you mean

How you even downplay this shows again how you fail to grasp whaty is wrong with some of the youth today, which is down to bad parenting and leftist teaching. That teaches distain to those who fought in conflicts.

That is the reality

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum