Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.

_________________
The state can be and has often been in the course of history the main source of mischief and disaster.
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 462
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.

Agreed and I am glad to see some sense happen with this, after such a stupid statement made.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

If I read about this article does it mean I have been raoed-by-proxy?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Not long from now we won't be able to touch anyone - you know a friendly pat on the back hand shake even hugging as a greeting - I hug all my friends and relatives and at church everyone is hugging ha ha .
Seriously this is going to too far .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Cass on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4386
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Cass on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

Me too.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4386
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by magica on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

The world's gone mad. Can't touch anyone anymore for fear of being called a sex pervert. That sheriff is bang on the button.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by nicko on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

They'll stop you hugging your Children next !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 pm

I blame the soy boy liberals

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Maddog on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad

_________________
The state can be and has often been in the course of history the main source of mischief and disaster.
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 462
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Cass on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad

Same here. I have not initiated hugs with my patrons for a some time now. I won’t turn away kids who want to hug me but with adults I usually manage to get out of it. It’s just so sad. But I’m covering my ass. You should stop if only for your own protection.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4386
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum