Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Didge on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

Agreed and I am glad to see some sense happen with this, after such a stupid statement made.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

If I read about this article does it mean I have been raoed-by-proxy?

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Not long from now we won't be able to touch anyone - you know a friendly pat on the back hand shake even hugging as a greeting - I hug all my friends and relatives and at church everyone is hugging ha ha .
Seriously this is going to too far .

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Maddog wrote:

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

Me too.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

The world's gone mad. Can't touch anyone anymore for fear of being called a sex pervert. That sheriff is bang on the button.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

They'll stop you hugging your Children next !
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 pm

I blame the soy boy liberals

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad

Same here. I have not initiated hugs with my patrons for a some time now. I won’t turn away kids who want to hug me but with adults I usually manage to get out of it. It’s just so sad. But I’m covering my ass. You should stop if only for your own protection.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top