If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently homosexuality is a sin - if you put a certain spin on the bible texts.

Yet it is claimed god is all powerful.

If he is all powerful why did he create homosexuality?

If he is all powerful why does he refuse to help those who believe that interpretation of the bible when they beg him to help them change?

Surely the evidence is that if god does exist he is one sadistic bugger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm

round and round the circular argument.....sheer idiocy...tell me HF...does becoming a "born again" require a frontal lobotomy? an intellect down grade, or does it simply help that you are terminally stupid to start with...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 pm

victorismyhero wrote:round and round the circular argument.....sheer idiocy...tell me HF...does becoming a "born again" require a frontal lobotomy? an intellect down grade, or does it simply help that you are terminally stupid to start with...


why are you thinking of joining,,, you are clearly over qualified... Smile 

what sort of all powerful God would not be able to help change the fate of a being it created??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 pm

you just cant see it can you.....blinded by "faith"....

IF he changed your fate.....he would have known when you were made that he would do that, so your final fate is STILL fixed...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:36 pm

victorismyhero wrote:you just cant see it can you.....blinded by "faith"....

IF he changed your fate.....he would have known when you were made that he would do that, so your final fate is STILL fixed...

lol you don't get it do you, time is nothing to God he is eternal, any time he likes he can meet us at our time of life and drop an event that has the potential to change that fate..

I ask again what kind of all powerful God could not change the fate of what he created?? Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:46 pm

heavenly father wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:you just cant see it can you.....blinded by "faith"....

IF he changed your fate.....he would have known when you were made that he would do that, so your final fate is STILL fixed...

lol you don't get it do you, time is nothing to God he is eternal, any time he likes he can meet us at our time of life and drop an event that has the potential to change that fate..

I ask again what kind of all powerful God could not change the fate of what he created?? Smile 

That is irrelevant...the argument is NOT whether or not he COULD do it...the point is that he would have known when you were made that he would...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

lol you don't get it do you, time is nothing to God he is eternal, any time he likes he can meet us at our time of life and drop an event that has the potential to change that fate..

I ask again what kind of all powerful God could not change the fate of what he created?? Smile 

That is irrelevant...the argument is NOT whether or not he COULD do it...the point is that he would have known when you were made that he would...

not at all and it is very relevant...is it reasonable that an all powerful God can change the fate of what it had created??
if God is all powerful the only answer is yes.... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 pm

BUT that "yes" is irrelevant it is an answer to an altogether different question....

It DOES NOT answer the question about the fact that he KNEW he would change that fate, at that time because of that act ...etc...

now having failed on the circular argument you try deflection....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 pm

victorismyhero wrote:BUT that "yes" is irrelevant it is an answer to an altogether different question....

It DOES NOT answer the question about the fact that he KNEW  he would change that fate, at that time because of that act ...etc...

now having failed on the circular argument you try deflection....

no circular argument at all just simple logic, all knowing God yep, all powerful God yep, knows the beginning yep, knows the end yep, has the ability to effect the end yep... Smile 

it fits all things that make God what he is...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 pm

no HF it leads to a logical fallacy....

but still...it keeps you happy I suppose....

anyways...have a good night, I'm off to me pit....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 pm

victorismyhero wrote:no HF it leads to a logical fallacy....

but still...it keeps you happy I suppose....

anyways...have a good night, I'm off to me pit....

how is an all knowing God, knowing everything and an all powerful God being capable of effecting or changing the fate of his creation illogical?? Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:13 pm

seriously???????...you dont see the logical disconnect??

will continue tomorrow....I got an early start tomorrow....


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:17 pm

victorismyhero wrote:seriously???????...you dont see the logical disconnect??

will continue tomorrow....I got an early start tomorrow....


no probs, good night.. Smile 

there is no logical disconnection at all, as i said all knowing God yep, knows beginning, yep, knows end yep and can effect the end of its own creation yep.. Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:00 pm

victorismyhero wrote:seriously???????...you dont see the logical disconnect??

will continue tomorrow....I got an early start tomorrow....


Logic and Heavenly Father are opposite poles.  I've been round in circles with him about sexuality, it's soul destroying Victor If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Crazy_27

No offence intended Heavenly Father, it's the truth If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Villag10I think you post to cause controversy  ::D::

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Eilzel on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:06 pm

heaveniy father wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:seriously???????...you dont see the logical disconnect??

will continue tomorrow....I got an early start tomorrow....


no probs, good night.. Smile 

there is no logical disconnection at all, as i said all knowing God yep, knows beginning, yep, knows end yep and can effect the end of its own creation yep.. Smile 

So if He knows the end then that means the end is already fixed, and 'we' cannot change it.

1. God knows how it ends.
2. The end is fixed and cannot be changed.

3. We can take whatever paths we like, but we will always end up where God expected. Ergo; we cannot change out destiny (from a Theological standpoint).

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7747
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heaveniy father wrote:

no probs, good night.. Smile 

there is no logical disconnection at all, as i said all knowing God yep, knows beginning, yep, knows end yep and can effect the end of its own creation yep.. Smile 

So if He knows the end then that means the end is already fixed, and 'we' cannot change it.

1. God knows how it ends.
2. The end is fixed and cannot be changed.

3. We can take whatever paths we like, but we will always end up where God expected. Ergo; we cannot change out destiny (from a Theological standpoint).

that's the theological standpoint as YOU understand it

its not THE theological standpoint however


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Eilzel on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:56 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

So if He knows the end then that means the end is already fixed, and 'we' cannot change it.

1. God knows how it ends.
2. The end is fixed and cannot be changed.

3. We can take whatever paths we like, but we will always end up where God expected. Ergo; we cannot change out destiny (from a Theological standpoint).

that's the theological standpoint as YOU understand it

its not THE theological standpoint however  


If possible you might want to re-read my post for a more correct understanding. You might take extra time to consider the typically understood difference between 'a' and 'the'. Take your time now  Smile

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7747
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

that's the theological standpoint as YOU understand it

its not THE theological standpoint however  


If possible you might want to re-read my post for a more correct understanding. You might take extra time to consider the typically understood difference between 'a' and 'the'. Take your time now  Smile

i suggest you re read your own post since you are making a statement based o your opinion and then claiming it is (from a theological standpoint)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:11 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

If possible you might want to re-read my post for a more correct understanding. You might take extra time to consider the typically understood difference between 'a' and 'the'. Take your time now  Smile

i suggest you re read your own post since you are making a statement based o your opinion and then claiming it is (from a theological standpoint)

@smelly
do you think Theology only refers to Christianity? Your point is confusing.  confused  Even if it is his opinion it can still be from a theological stand point, in the way he used it means from a spiritual perspective and/or applying the spiritual context to words. So you can't choose your destiny and over all life path, but you can choose what you're destine to have for lunch (non theological example)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heaveniy father wrote:

no probs, good night.. Smile 

there is no logical disconnection at all, as i said all knowing God yep, knows beginning, yep, knows end yep and can effect the end of its own creation yep.. Smile 

So if He knows the end then that means the end is already fixed, and 'we' cannot change it.

1. God knows how it ends.
2. The end is fixed and cannot be changed.

3. We can take whatever paths we like, but we will always end up where God expected. Ergo; we cannot change out destiny (from a Theological standpoint).

why if he knows the end is it fixed, why can't an all powerful God change the end, what does all powerful mean... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:20 pm



 Razz 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 pm

heaveniy father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

So if He knows the end then that means the end is already fixed, and 'we' cannot change it.

1. God knows how it ends.
2. The end is fixed and cannot be changed.

3. We can take whatever paths we like, but we will always end up where God expected. Ergo; we cannot change out destiny (from a Theological standpoint).

why if he knows the end is it fixed, why can't an all powerful God change the end, what does all powerful mean... Smile 

Yes but he is also ALL KNOWING so if he was going to change it he would know he was going to do it before he did. If an All Knowing being knows something is the way it ends then that is the way it ends, even if they are all powerful if they needed to change to something they didn't know to begin with, they are not all knowing know are they?

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:40 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heaveniy father wrote:

why if he knows the end is it fixed, why can't an all powerful God change the end, what does all powerful mean... Smile 

Yes but he is also ALL KNOWING so if he was going to change it he would know he was going to do it before he did. If an All Knowing being knows something is the way it ends then that is the way it ends, even if they are all powerful if they needed to change to something they didn't know to begin with, they are not all knowing know are they?

of course they are, God knows the beginning and he knows the end but he can change the end by giving you chances through your life, how is that not all knowing or all powerful.. Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 am

heavenly father wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Yes but he is also ALL KNOWING so if he was going to change it he would know he was going to do it before he did. If an All Knowing being knows something is the way it ends then that is the way it ends, even if they are all powerful if they needed to change to something they didn't know to begin with, they are not all knowing know are they?

of course they are, God knows the beginning and he knows the end but he can change the end by giving you chances through your life, how is that not all knowing or all powerful.. Smile 

but he is meant to be both  Suspect 
If he knows all then he knows the choice you will take even if he 'gives' you a choice.

If he knows your decision in advance because he is all knowing why does he pretend to offer you a choice, why not just set it to your answer? It is inefficient to offer this choice that he already knows the answer to and he is meant to perfect so he should not be inefficient Neutral  plus rather annoying why make us sit a test if he already knows the grade he is going to give us  confused confused  is he just wasting everyone's time for kicks  Suspect Suspect  I mean I have a pretty good life but there are a lot of people in this world that don't, why does he let them suffer if he already knows if they are going to pass this test he is giving us?  confused confused  I mean it isn't like he just lets bad people suffer, there are people that worship him hardcore that are good/honest/kind people that have terrible lives through no fault of their own.  No No 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 am

and by my logic God is all knowing and all powerful..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:07 pm

victorismyhero wrote:that has to be the most ridiculous argument i have ever heard from ANYONE....IF he knows the final fate ...he also knows therefor if "he" will change it in some way...He KNOWS whether that some one will "beleive" or not...whether that someone will ask for forgiveness...SO HE KNOWS ...regardless of ANYTHING, anything at all, when you are "made" whether of not he will fry you....there is simply NOTHING you can do to avoid it, you will simply be unable to make that necessary choice to avoid that laid down fate

You cannot make an argument that leads out of this logical fallacy....your only answer is "faith" and THAT is not a logical answer....

You consider it ridiculous only because YOU cannot grasp the reasoning behind it

You're stuck on "god knows the ends therefore there is no choice" because that is the only thing you can think of

It also allows you your tirade, seeing reason and listening to what arguments are being put forward would be too painful for you

You've been told several times how it works but clearly have no interest in anything shouting out your views over everyone else

It's A waste of time to reason with you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:that has to be the most ridiculous argument i have ever heard from ANYONE....IF he knows the final fate ...he also knows therefor if "he" will change it in some way...He KNOWS whether that some one will "beleive" or not...whether that someone will ask for forgiveness...SO HE KNOWS ...regardless of ANYTHING, anything at all, when you are "made" whether of not he will fry you....there is simply NOTHING you can do to avoid it, you will simply be unable to make that necessary choice to avoid that laid down fate

You cannot make an argument that leads out of this logical fallacy....your only answer is "faith" and THAT is not a logical answer....

You consider it ridiculous only because YOU cannot grasp the reasoning behind it

You're stuck on "god knows the ends therefore there is no choice" because that is the only thing you can think of

It also allows you your tirade, seeing reason and listening to what arguments are being put forward would be too painful for you

You've been told several times how it works but clearly have no interest in anything shouting out your views over everyone else

It's A waste of time to reason with you


So basically you are asking people to understanding something that is completely illogical and you wonder why intelligent people laugh at you .
If the end result is seen in advance because god states clearly being all knowing, this means that your concept of God knows the past, present, and future simultaneously. You claim some absurd notion this is changeable, how?
If God knows the end result that end result cannot be changeable, if the end is changeable then God cannot be all knowing because he cannot see what is the end result because it has variables, he can only guess from options, that is not all knowing.
So either way you still cannot grasp simple logic.
Prime example of this is the story of Jesus himself knowing full well what was laid before him and even begged his father to save him from suffering, this was foreseen that this was to happen and in your beliefs it does, so what choices did Jesus have then?

Thus either the deity is not all knowing and people have a choice or this deity is all knowing and nobody has a choice, it can only be one or the other, plus where is there any verses that God states for possible alternative futures? Odd as Revelations has a clear defined future, why is that, of which is not even the end of the world, but a new reign of Jesus on earth?

DOH


Last edited by PhilDidge on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

You consider it ridiculous only because YOU cannot grasp the reasoning behind it

You're stuck on "god knows the ends therefore there is no choice" because that is the only thing you can think of

It also allows you your tirade, seeing reason and listening to what arguments are being put forward would be too painful for you

You've been told several times how it works but clearly have no interest in anything shouting out your views over everyone else

It's A waste of time to reason with you


So basically you are asking people to understanding something that is completely illogical and you wonder why intelligent people laugh at you .
If the end result is seen in advance because god states clearly being all knowing, this means that your concept of God knows the past, present, and future simultaneously. You claim some absurd notion this is changeable, how?
If God knows the end result that end result cannot be changeable, of the end is changeable then God cannot be all knowing because he cannot see what is the end result because it has variables, he can only guess from options, that is not all knowing.
So either way you still cannot grasp simple logic.
Prime example of this is the story of Jesus himself knowing full well what was laid before him and even begged his father to save him from suffering, this was foreseen that this was to happen and in your beliefs it does, even though other stories.

Thus either the deity is not all knowing and people have a choice of this deity is all knowing and nobody has a choice, it can only be one or the other, plus where is there any verses that God states for possible alternative futures? Odd as Revelations has a clear defined future, why is that, of which is not even the end of the world, but a new reign of Jesus on earth?

DOH

phildidge what do you think the terminology all powerful implies?? Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


So basically you are asking people to understanding something that is completely illogical and you wonder why intelligent people laugh at you .
If the end result is seen in advance because god states clearly being all knowing, this means that your concept of God knows the past, present, and future simultaneously. You claim some absurd notion this is changeable, how?
If God knows the end result that end result cannot be changeable, of the end is changeable then God cannot be all knowing because he cannot see what is the end result because it has variables, he can only guess from options, that is not all knowing.
So either way you still cannot grasp simple logic.
Prime example of this is the story of Jesus himself knowing full well what was laid before him and even begged his father to save him from suffering, this was foreseen that this was to happen and in your beliefs it does, even though other stories.

Thus either the deity is not all knowing and people have a choice of this deity is all knowing and nobody has a choice, it can only be one or the other, plus where is there any verses that God states for possible alternative futures? Odd as Revelations has a clear defined future, why is that, of which is not even the end of the world, but a new reign of Jesus on earth?

DOH

phildidge what do you think the terminology all powerful implies?? Smile 

Why do I care when we are talking about Omniscient?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

phildidge what do you think the terminology all powerful implies?? Smile 

Why do I care when we are talking about Omniscient?

God is both... Smile 

do you think it is unreasonable that an all powerful God can effect the fate of his creation.. Smile 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Why do I care when we are talking about Omniscient?

God is both... Smile 

do you think it is unreasonable that an all powerful God can effect the fate of his creation.. Smile 


We are talking about being Omniscient, now you have no answer to this you want to deflect away from this lol

Simple again if all knowing, then nobody has a choice, it is predetermined and many are screwed from the minute they are conceived, if not and we have a choice the this deity is not Omniscient, it is one or the other, you cannot have both.

As to being a reasonable God, well, that is one laugh a minute if you read about this god of war you follow

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

More just a concept. It's a proven theory that says the future is effectively fixed.

I'll start a thread, as this ones going all over the place.

As some jobs worth in admin seems to have removed my thread, I'll repost the link here:

http://www.macquarieinstitute.com/company/proom/archive/head_heart_connect.html

Sorry that was wrong link. Try this instead:

http://fortyinfourbyforty.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/my-slice-of-now/


Hi Zack

No that is a concept based off a theory by Einstein

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

God is both... Smile 

do you think it is unreasonable that an all powerful God can effect the fate of his creation.. Smile 


We are talking about being Omniscient, now you have no answer to this you want to deflect away from this lol

Simple again if all knowing, then nobody has a choice, it is predetermined and many are screwed from the minute they are conceived, if not and we have a choice the this deity is not Omniscient, it is one or the other, you cannot have both.

As to being a reasonable God, well, that is one laugh a minute if you read about this god of war you follow

and if God is all knowing and can change the fate of his creation, why is that soo impossible.. Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:08 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

We are talking about being Omniscient, now you have no answer to this you want to deflect away from this lol

Simple again if all knowing, then nobody has a choice, it is predetermined and many are screwed from the minute they are conceived, if not and we have a choice the this deity is not Omniscient, it is one or the other, you cannot have both.

As to being a reasonable God, well, that is one laugh a minute if you read about this god of war you follow

and if God is all knowing and can change the fate of his creation, why is that soo impossible.. Smile 

Irrelevant to the debate, as does this god know the alternative fate of his creation?
If yes, then again no choice.

Again if the end is fixed and known you will reach that path no matter the course and again where in anywhere of the bible does it state God says all have alternative futures?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Hi Zack

No that is a concept based off a theory by Einstein

Ah, dude - now you're losing it. You're now  ignoring 'actual science' now just so your point is not defeated. And atheists accuse religionists as being closed minded. HA!

It's more than just an abstract idea - it is a theory that adheres to Einsteins equations.

No good 'you' saying it's a theory - your conclusion in not anywhere near as valid as actual physicists.

Do some more research on the Now Slice - the only conclusion: the future is fixed. Deal with it.



Not ignoring anything the person who wrote your article has proposed concepts of the Theory from Einstein of which the chap again has not proven his concept, show me the methodology that proves his theory, not what Einstein proposed?

So am all ears to your gobbledygook methodology here which proposes your hypothesis based on Einsteins theory.

Seriously did you actually read what he had written, nowhere did he form any testable science on any of what he said

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

and if God is all knowing and can change the fate of his creation, why is that soo impossible.. Smile 

Irrelevant to the debate, as does this god know the alternative fate of his creation?
If yes, then again no choice.

Again if the end is fixed and known you will reach that path no matter the course and again where in anywhere of the bible does it state God says all have alternative futures?

who said no matter the course...

i am saying God being all knowing , knows the start, yep, knows the end, yep but being all powerful can give you opportunity to change the end... Smile 

how does God knowing the result of a choice negate the choice??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Irrelevant to the debate, as does this god know the alternative fate of his creation?
If yes, then again no choice.

Again if the end is fixed and known you will reach that path no matter the course and again where in anywhere of the bible does it state God says all have alternative futures?

who said no matter the course...

i am saying God being all knowing , knows the start, yep, knows the end, yep but being all powerful can give you opportunity to change the end... Smile 

how does God knowing the result of a choice negate the choice??


Absurd again, if the end is known, then there is no choice to how you end, so again either your deity would be mostly knowing and give people choices or all knowing and nobody has a choice, the end is still the same, thus no choice.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

who said no matter the course...

i am saying God being all knowing , knows the start, yep, knows the end, yep but being all powerful can give you opportunity to change the end... Smile 

how does God knowing the result of a choice negate the choice??


Absurd again, if the end is known, then there is no choice to how you end, so again either your deity would be mostly knowing and give people choices or all knowing and nobody has a choice, the end is still the same, thus no choice.


but there is a choice as God will set up opportunities to believe so yes there is choice and change..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Absurd again, if the end is known, then there is no choice to how you end, so again either your deity would be mostly knowing and give people choices or all knowing and nobody has a choice, the end is still the same, thus no choice.





but there is a choice as God will set up opportunities to believe so yes there is choice and change..

Really and where does it say that in the bible?
Again it would be irrelevant to what your god claims to be, all knowing, which is the point of the debate here and all knowing means knowing everything, which clearly you are not able to grasp here, because all knowing means a fix end known in the future, as all knowing means knowing everything including what everyone would choose.
Alternatives would not be fixed thus not really known how it will pan out, thus there are thus two points here.

1) An all knowing deity means no choice

2) A knowing a few things deity but not the fixed end means alternative ends, meaning choices.

The bible takes the view point of the first

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Smile 

this freewill issue has the "free thinking" atheists in a twist

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:37 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Smile 

this freewill issue has the "free thinking" atheists in a twist


Actually it has me in stitches of laughter how some here cannot constitute what all knowing means, which is why Christians get so confused over such a concept and then duck out of the debate with pointless replies like smelly constantly does avoiding the points raised.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:49 pm

you don't raise any points, you raise a single point and then ignore any and all alternative views that you see as challenging to your point which you then declare it is the only correct one

ive read your posts and they are all the same, they focus only on what you want to present and only then form one angle

your understanding of "all knowing" is incorrect since it is limiting and restrictive which essentially negates the idea of all knowing

your understanding of freewill is incorrect because you argue that since god is all knowing it means that each person has a set start middle and end

ive tried before to explain it to you and you don't listen to anyone but yourself or your fellow gang members all of whom are not arguing the merits of freewill but rather they are arguing from their point of view as to why freewill makes no sense to them

unfortunately your lack of comprehension is not my problem, nor is it my responsibility to remedy


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:you don't raise any points, you raise a single point and then ignore any and all alternative views that you see as challenging to your point which you then declare it is the only correct one

ive read your posts and they are all the same, they focus only on what you want to present and only then form one angle

your understanding of "all knowing" is incorrect since it is limiting and restrictive which essentially negates the idea of all knowing

your understanding of freewill is incorrect because you argue that since god is all knowing it means that each person has a set start middle and end  

ive tried before to explain it to you and you don't listen to anyone but yourself or your fellow gang members all of whom are not arguing the merits of freewill but rather they are arguing from their point of view as to why freewill makes no sense to them

unfortunately your lack of comprehension is not my problem, nor is it my responsibility to remedy


when faced with the obvious fact he is wrong, didge retreats too that not right so its illogical argument. Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 pm

oh dear is there trouble in the Muslim /left wing coalition??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:54 pm

heavenly father wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:you don't raise any points, you raise a single point and then ignore any and all alternative views that you see as challenging to your point which you then declare it is the only correct one

ive read your posts and they are all the same, they focus only on what you want to present and only then form one angle

your understanding of "all knowing" is incorrect since it is limiting and restrictive which essentially negates the idea of all knowing

your understanding of freewill is incorrect because you argue that since god is all knowing it means that each person has a set start middle and end  

ive tried before to explain it to you and you don't listen to anyone but yourself or your fellow gang members all of whom are not arguing the merits of freewill but rather they are arguing from their point of view as to why freewill makes no sense to them

unfortunately your lack of comprehension is not my problem, nor is it my responsibility to remedy


when faced with the obvious fact he is wrong, didge retreats too that not right so its illogical argument. Smile 

i blame myself

didge had to make a very public groveling apology to me on sky when he argued that Islam taught the concept of a pantheon of gods

he has never been the same since then

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Not ignoring anything the person who wrote your article has proposed concepts of the Theory from Einstein of which the chap again has not proven his concept, show me the methodology that proves his theory, not what Einstein proposed?

So am all ears to your gobbledygook methodology here which proposes your hypothesis based on Einsteins theory.

Seriously did you actually read what he had written, nowhere did he form any testable science on any of what he said

Omg! So his eclipse experiment was not testable science? You clearly don't know your Einstein history. Not to mention the prediction of black holes, amongst many others.

I gave an article that would be easy to understand -

Just google Now Slice Time and you will get more scientific information. The fact that you want me to provide you with this shows that you are willing to stay in denial just so yo can be right in your mind.

The fact that you choose to ignore the science speaks volumes.

Enjoy!


You are still not grasping this Zack, relativity is based upon space and time, he is trying a concept based on this with humans having choices or lack of choices, where is the testable science on this with humans?

He had none, so you are going off the back of his claims using Einsteins theory and not testing the concept proposed from Einsteins theory, do you not see the difference?

You provided no science for this concept you provided the theory of relativity and tried to match to the two, and badly at that

DOH

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 18 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:58 pm

According to Presentism, time is an ordering of various realities. At a certain time some things exist and others do not. This is the only reality we can deal with and we cannot for example say that Homer exists because at the present time he does not. An Eternalist, on the other hand, holds that time is a dimension of reality on a par with the three spatial dimensions, and hence that all things—past present and future—can be said to be just as real as things in the present are. According to this theory, then, Homer really does exist, though we must still use special language when talking about somebody who exists at a distant time—just as we would use special language when talking about something a long way away (the very words near, far, above, below, over there, and such are directly comparable to phrases such as in the past, a minute ago, and so on).


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_space_and_time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum