If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently homosexuality is a sin - if you put a certain spin on the bible texts.

Yet it is claimed god is all powerful.

If he is all powerful why did he create homosexuality?

If he is all powerful why does he refuse to help those who believe that interpretation of the bible when they beg him to help them change?

Surely the evidence is that if god does exist he is one sadistic bugger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:24 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Still not able to grasp this are you, he claims to like something, I ask to test this, he declines, just lik you do when challenged on your faith.
You see he needs to prove to me that he does first of all and then for me to test it, he is denying this, again just like you.

As I said I want him to eat strawberries for 6 months to test his belief, as one thing I know is beliefs do change. Again I never claimed you could disprove all dispositions, but I said using logic you can with many and both of you deny me the ability to test your beliefs


I have got you weighed and measured on this my boy and you know it, may help that you understand what you plagiarize off others and clearly you do not

 :D 

 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

that's your  test?? eat strawberries for six months and then you will believe him??

that's an easy test to pass

ive believe in god since i was a young boy, which is longer than 6 months ago



Yes it is a logical test to provide to see if that person stops eating strawberries and instead ends up hating them, I thus disprove his claim


I need to understand where you learnt your belief in God, did someone teach you?

At the moment you have little faith in your god as you fail to describe him in detail, that shows someone in fear and in doubt

Oh my this is fun, smelly on the ropes with no where to run

 :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Yes i want to try to disprove your faith, but because you have little faith you cannot describe for me what you have faith in with this deity, you fail to provide an adequate description.
That means you are the one that lacks faith in yourself and your deity


So why are you so afraid to describe this deity to me?

The answer.

You have no faith in this God

Point proven

you already know which deity it is mongo

the christian one

are you saying you have no knowledge of the christian god??


So the description is the Christian one


You are fucked



 :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

So do you believe the Christian deity is omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

that's your  test?? eat strawberries for six months and then you will believe him??

that's an easy test to pass

ive believe in god since i was a young boy, which is longer than 6 months ago



Yes it is a logical test to provide to see if that person stops eating strawberries and instead ends up hating them, I thus disprove his claim


I need to understand where you learnt your belief in God, did someone teach you?

At the moment you have little faith in your god as you fail to describe him in detail, that shows someone in fear and in doubt

Oh my this is fun, smelly on the ropes with no where to run

 :D 

so anyone who believes in god for longer than 6 months passes your test

what was the point of your test again?



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

you already know which deity it is mongo

the christian one

are you saying you have no knowledge of the christian god??


So the description is the Christian one


You are fucked



 :D 

is that your idea of disproving it??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:29 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


So the description is the Christian one


You are fucked



 :D 

is that your idea of disproving it??


Look again

Do you believe the Bible is the word of God?

So do you believe the Christian deity is omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Original Quill on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

It could be done by testing this, we would have to check your brain signals to see if you truly did when devouring on them, correct?
People have been known to lie saying what they do like to impress or not offend another, true?
You see you can then prove either way by testing this, it is a simple test, for more difficult areas, logic can simply disprove something that is clearly defined

i'm telling you i like the taste, the texture, the feeling of eating it, disprove it.

Taste is a value issue, not a fact. Survey research can make it into a fact by asking questions, but you have to assume the answer is truthful.

Faith? It's neither a value nor a fact. Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity. It's the acceptance as fact, that which you know nothing about because it is yet to be proven. If you want to go there, I got some oceanfront property I'll sell you in Nevada.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29467
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Yes it is a logical test to provide to see if that person stops eating strawberries and instead ends up hating them, I thus disprove his claim


I need to understand where you learnt your belief in God, did someone teach you?

At the moment you have little faith in your god as you fail to describe him in detail, that shows someone in fear and in doubt

Oh my this is fun, smelly on the ropes with no where to run

 :D 

so anyone who believes in god for longer than 6 months passes your test

what was the point of your test again?




Now that really shows you are very dim, why would I use that test on your faith in God, I would not, I would use it to study eating habits for example as do many medical studies, have you not heard of any?

Do you think the test has to be the same for everything? when testing?

PMSL

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i'm telling you i like the taste, the texture, the feeling of eating it, disprove it.

Taste is a value issue, not a fact.  Survey research can make it into a fact by asking questions, but you have to assume the answer is truthful.

Faith?  It's neither a value nor a fact.  Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity.  It's the acceptance as fact, that which you know nothing about because it is yet to be proven.  If you want to go there, I got some oceanfront property I'll sell you in Nevada.


 lol! 


Love it and so true, thanks Quill I know you can explain this better than I

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:30 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:


Do you understand that religious theology and faith are 2 different things? You can have faith (I do) but if you want to define it with stories then you will have some problems because they will present things that it claim to be facts. Which can be proven otherwise.

You can believe in a god but the one defined in the Bible is provable to be inaccurate or false. Because it give specific numbers, like the age of the earth which it got hugely wrong

faith is based on religious theology

without religious theology constructing a deity there can be no knowledge or faith in that deity

you cannot disprove christian religious theology, you can argue against some of the mundane inconsistencies in the bible, but the theological construct of a god presented in the bible cannot be disproved since it is a belief, a faith held in the hearts of souls of people

i have asked you to provide this mathematical equation to disprove my faith and you have failed to do so

you talk a good talk, but that's about all


 



So you are Faithless, with out your theology.

Faith has nothing to do with theology. You have already lost, you follow the rules of MEN not the Divine by your own omission you Don't give a fuck about the divine only what MEN have Written in books.

YOU LOSE Nothing you can say from this point changes that fact you are following MEN not the Divine.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 am

Atheism Fastest growing

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100250598/lots-of-atheists-more-muslims-fewer-christians-and-jews-this-is-the-new-america/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250096/You-wouldnt-believe-atheism-worlds-biggest-faith-Christianity-Islam.html

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:29 am

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

so anyone who believes in god for longer than 6 months passes your test

what was the point of your test again?




Now that really shows you are very dim, why would I use that test on your faith in God, I would not, I would use it to study eating habits for example as do many medical studies, have you not heard of any?

Do you think the test has to be the same for everything? when testing?

PMSL

Your test failed on the analogy given to you by HF

Therefore your test would fail when used on faith

You've been waffling on for ages about how you can disprove faith

You failed to do so since I still have faith





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Now that really shows you are very dim, why would I use that test on your faith in God, I would not, I would use it to study eating habits for example as do many medical studies, have you not heard of any?

Do you think the test has to be the same for everything? when testing?

PMSL

Your test failed on the analogy given to you by HF

Therefore your test would fail when used on faith

You've been waffling on for ages about how you can disprove faith

You failed to do so since I still have faith





so do i my faith is even stronger Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 am

Original Quill wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i'm telling you i like the taste, the texture, the feeling of eating it, disprove it.

Taste is a value issue, not a fact.  Survey research can make it into a fact by asking questions, but you have to assume the answer is truthful.

Faith?  It's neither a value nor a fact.  Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity.  It's the acceptance as fact, that which you know nothing about because it is yet to be proven.  If you want to go there, I got some oceanfront property I'll sell you in Nevada.

But HF's enjoyment of strawberries IS a fact, and that is what the simpleton didge was claiming he could disprove

Faith may seem stupid to you but well over half the world population believes in one god or another that makes you the minority






Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

faith is based on religious theology

without religious theology constructing a deity there can be no knowledge or faith in that deity

you cannot disprove christian religious theology, you can argue against some of the mundane inconsistencies in the bible, but the theological construct of a god presented in the bible cannot be disproved since it is a belief, a faith held in the hearts of souls of people

i have asked you to provide this mathematical equation to disprove my faith and you have failed to do so

you talk a good talk, but that's about all


 



So you are Faithless, with out your theology.

Faith has nothing to do with theology. You have already lost, you follow the rules of MEN not the Divine by your own omission you Don't give a fuck about the divine only what MEN have Written in books.

YOU LOSE Nothing you can say from this point changes that fact you are following MEN not the Divine.


"So you are Faithless, with out your theology"

"Faith has nothing to do with theology"

Amazing stupidity

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:04 am

No Smelly Please explain your position
SO do you only have faith in God because of a book written by men?

Or if the Bible had never been written Would you still believe their is something 'greater than ourselves'.

Faith is independent of Theology Because There are so many theologies but the core feeling that people of faith have remains the same. that there is something 'greater than ourselves' Christian, Hindu, Taoist doesn't matter they all agree that there is some force greater than mankind.

I am not trying to take away your faith so That element is a moot point. I am trying o get you to also use logic. You can still poses faith and logic but it does require admitting the bible is inaccurate, but there may still be a god, it is just accepting that the bible is the work of men there fore faulty. We cant not sit and accept the tales men tell about the divine, we must seek out the divine ourselves. we must search for enlightenment.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:No Smelly Please explain your position
SO do you only have faith in God because of a book written by men?

Or if the Bible had never been written Would you still believe their is something 'greater than ourselves'.

Faith is independent of Theology Because There are so many  theologies but the core feeling that people of faith have remains the same.  that there is something 'greater than ourselves' Christian, Hindu, Taoist doesn't matter they all agree that there is some force greater than mankind.

I am not trying to take away your faith so That element is a moot point. I am trying o get you to also use logic. You can still poses faith and logic but it does require admitting the bible is inaccurate, but there may still be a god, it is just accepting that the bible is the work of men there fore faulty. We cant not sit and accept the tales men tell about the divine, we must seek out the divine ourselves. we must search for enlightenment.

do you have faith in science based on it being written by men and it changing all the time, so it is not facts as much as , "what we think now"....

the bible was inspired by God... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:39 am

No I don't have faith in science I have faith in the Dreaming. Science is tool to acquire knowledge, If your faith is strong enough you can accept knowledge and still posses faith. But there is a point that you will have to concede the intricacies of the Divine are too difficult to covey with a mortal tongue.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:No I don't have faith in science I have faith in the Dreaming. Science is tool to acquire knowledge, If your faith is strong enough you can accept knowledge and still posses faith. But there are point you will have to concede the intricacies of the Divine are too difficult to covey with a mortal tongue.

do you believe evolution is proven??

knowledge that can only ever change, is that factual knowledge or our best guess at the time...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:44 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Now that really shows you are very dim, why would I use that test on your faith in God, I would not, I would use it to study eating habits for example as do many medical studies, have you not heard of any?

Do you think the test has to be the same for everything? when testing?

PMSL

Your test failed on the analogy given to you by HF

Therefore your test would fail when used on faith

You've been waffling on for ages about how you can disprove faith

You failed to do so since I still have faith





I see you dodge my other posts, knowing full well you silly charade was up ha ha ha ha

I used a simple medical test for food, with faith it would be different being the test would be on where and what your faith is based upon, in your case Christianity, which you keep from answering any points over because your faith is based upon contradictions

All you are doing is as you usual do and try and squirm out of the debate and you based your beliefs on gobbledygook works of men, hilarious

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:54 am

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Your test failed on the analogy given to you by HF

Therefore your test would fail when used on faith

You've been waffling on for ages about how you can disprove faith

You failed to do so since I still have faith





I see you dodge my other posts, knowing full well you silly charade was up ha ha ha ha

I used a simple medical test for food, with faith it would be different being the test would be on where and what your faith is based upon, in your case Christianity, which you keep from answering any points over because your faith is based upon contradictions

All you are doing is as you usual do and try and squirm out of the debate and you based your beliefs on gobbledygook works of men, hilarious

as your food test could not prove that i love strawberries, you cannot disprove likes or faith, you can try to disprove what i like or have faith in but you cannot disprove that like or faith..

but it is fun to see you argue otherwise... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I see you dodge my other posts, knowing full well you silly charade was up ha ha ha ha

I used a simple medical test for food, with faith it would be different being the test would be on where and what your faith is based upon, in your case Christianity, which you keep from answering any points over because your faith is based upon contradictions

All you are doing is as you usual do and try and squirm out of the debate and you based your beliefs on gobbledygook works of men, hilarious

as your food test could not prove that i love strawberries, you cannot disprove likes or faith, you can try to disprove what i like or have faith in but you cannot disprove that like or faith..

but it is fun to see you argue otherwise... :D 


It would prove either way if you did if we tried this test, or the other test I proposed, except you must be a skeptic to loving them as you are afraid to try. If you have strong faith in loving strawberries what is stopping you?
Nothing
At least you are starting to grasp I can disprove what you believe in and as seen your faith is based upon contradictions

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

as your food test could not prove that i love strawberries, you cannot disprove likes or faith, you can try to disprove what i like or have faith in but you cannot disprove that like or faith..

but it is fun to see you argue otherwise... :D 


It would prove either way if you did if we tried this test, or the other test I proposed, except you must be a skeptic to loving them as you are afraid to try. If you have strong faith in loving strawberries what is stopping you?
Nothing
At least you are starting to grasp I can disprove what you believe in and as seen your faith is based upon contradictions

from the off i have said you can try to poke holes in what i believe but you cannot disprove my faith.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


It would prove either way if you did if we tried this test, or the other test I proposed, except you must be a skeptic to loving them as you are afraid to try. If you have strong faith in loving strawberries what is stopping you?
Nothing
At least you are starting to grasp I can disprove what you believe in and as seen your faith is based upon contradictions

from the off i have said you can try to poke holes in what i believe but you cannot disprove my faith.. :D 

If your faith is based upon contradictions, then I can!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 am

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Susanne-Iles-Australian-Rainbow-Serpent

unfortunately the picture cuts the top but its shows a small crawling animal then a larger on that and larger etc, circling around to man in the centre

You will also see the bottom the very beginning is fish and then there is a bird section which could be interpreted as dinosaurs (birds are technically dinosaurs).
It was made by people in cave the cant be expected to get it perfect, or maybe they knew it was dinosaurs but birds are the only dinosaurs they had every seen.

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Timeline_evolution_of_life

SO Evolution, which is as close to proven as science can get without a second universe to ran a comparative test in, Is supported in the Dreaming. Of course the Dreaming as the name implies like to keep things vague.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 am

I think this sums it up well enough:



What if a group of people had an unyielding faith in unicorns? How about leprechauns? The flying spaghetti monster? People would think that those groups of people are utterly insane. So why doesn't the same work for belief in god? There has never been a single ounce of proof other than people's anecdotal evidence, usually based on dreams or visions they had. People have weak psyches, and many choose to believe in higher powers, just to attribute the difficulties of life to something bigger than them, and not just random chance. This absolutely does not prove the existence of anything, other than the fact that humans are dreamy people who like to imagine things to make themselves feel better.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 am

PhilDidge wrote:I think this sums it up well enough:



What if a group of people had an unyielding faith in unicorns? How about leprechauns? The flying spaghetti monster? People would think that those groups of people are utterly insane. So why doesn't the same work for belief in god? There has never been a single ounce of proof other than people's anecdotal evidence, usually based on dreams or visions they had. People have weak psyches, and many choose to believe in higher powers, just to attribute the difficulties of life to something bigger than them, and not just random chance. This absolutely does not prove the existence of anything, other than the fact that humans are dreamy people who like to imagine things to make themselves feel better.

people can have faith in anything the chose, like the big bang, evolution, the faith is not in question and cannot be disproved, as i keep saying but perhaps you do not hear or understand, the information they care to use can be questioned but not their actual faith.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:11 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:I think this sums it up well enough:



What if a group of people had an unyielding faith in unicorns? How about leprechauns? The flying spaghetti monster? People would think that those groups of people are utterly insane. So why doesn't the same work for belief in god? There has never been a single ounce of proof other than people's anecdotal evidence, usually based on dreams or visions they had. People have weak psyches, and many choose to believe in higher powers, just to attribute the difficulties of life to something bigger than them, and not just random chance. This absolutely does not prove the existence of anything, other than the fact that humans are dreamy people who like to imagine things to make themselves feel better.

people can have faith in anything the chose, like the big bang, evolution, the faith is not in question and cannot be disproved, as i keep saying but perhaps you do not hear or understand, the information they care to use can be questioned but not their actual faith.

Yes your faith is in question HF, because it is based upon fairy tales and contradictions, like Quill says, would you purchase off him an ocean view house in Nevada based upon faith alone?

If not, why not?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:17 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

people can have faith in anything the chose, like the big bang, evolution, the faith is not in question and cannot be disproved, as i keep saying but perhaps you do not hear or understand, the information they care to use can be questioned but not their actual faith.

Yes your faith is in question HF, because it is based upon fairy tales and contradictions, like Quill says, would you purchase off him an ocean view house in Nevada based upon faith alone?

If not, why not?

No my faith is not in question, was evolution in question while the missing link turned up or was it accepted prior to it, is it still accepted in faith while it has holes in it??

that is because faith whether in the lottery on saturday for millions or an unseen God is still faith.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:19 am

@didge
what do you think of my dreaming analysis? interesting to hear and atheist's thoughts, I am far more open to challenging my faith (other wise how could I really know it was right  Wink  )

Pretty freaky huh, 40,000 years ago that someone got so close :::grouch::  when we can see the crazy fairy tales that were being produce just 2,000 years ago


Last edited by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:19 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Yes your faith is in question HF, because it is based upon fairy tales and contradictions, like Quill says, would you purchase off him an ocean view house in Nevada based upon faith alone?

If not, why not?

No my faith is not in question, was evolution in question while the missing link turned up or was it accepted prior to it, is it still accepted in faith while it has holes in it??

that is because faith whether in the lottery on saturday for millions or an unseen God is still faith.. :D 


I can bring your faith into question, everyday I can with these debates, you forget once I was a Christian myself with strong faith, until I saw the contradictions myself, so yes you can question faith in anyone

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:23 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

No my faith is not in question, was evolution in question while the missing link turned up or was it accepted prior to it, is it still accepted in faith while it has holes in it??

that is because faith whether in the lottery on saturday for millions or an unseen God is still faith.. :D 



I can bring your faith into question, everyday I can with these debates, you forget once I was a Christian myself with strong faith, until I saw the contradictions myself, so yes you can question faith in anyone


question, you cannot disprove faith..

I don't forget you say you were a Christian, I simply don't believe it..lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:26 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:



I can bring your faith into question, everyday I can with these debates, you forget once I was a Christian myself with strong faith, until I saw the contradictions myself, so yes you can question faith in anyone


question, you cannot disprove faith..

I don't forget you say you were a Christian, I simply don't believe it..lol


Hilarious so you now question my faith saying you cannot disprove faith.

Do you not see you just did that


Ha ha

Busted

Again I can disprove the faith you believe in, whether you chose to accept or ignore is up to you, but I would have placed doubt in you if I am able to prove contradictions in your faith, no mater how hard you will disagree.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:28 am

@HF
can you admit your faith is pure but your theology is faulty?

I hope you can Wink  then I can switch to attacking didge for his lack of faith in something greater than ourselves  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:31 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:


question, you cannot disprove faith..

I don't forget you say you were a Christian, I simply don't believe it..lol


Hilarious so you now question my faith saying you cannot disprove faith.

Do you not see you just did that


Ha ha

Busted

Again I can disprove the faith you believe in, whether you chose to accept or ignore is up to you, but I would have placed doubt in you if I am able to prove contradictions in your faith, no mater how hard you will disagree.

i did not question your faith, i questioned your statement as i have never seen evidence from you to show you have ever even read a bible, by the way to my reasoning if you were ever a Christian you are saved anyway, whether you still believe or not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:33 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Hilarious so you now question my faith saying you cannot disprove faith.

Do you not see you just did that


Ha ha

Busted

Again I can disprove the faith you believe in, whether you chose to accept or ignore is up to you, but I would have placed doubt in you if I am able to prove contradictions in your faith, no mater how hard you will disagree.

i did not question your faith, i questioned your statement as i have never seen evidence from you to show you have ever even read a bible, by the way to my reasoning if you were ever a Christian you are saved anyway, whether you still believe or not.


You choose to ignore the evidence which is why Quill was so bang on the money when he said "Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i did not question your faith, i questioned your statement as i have never seen evidence from you to show you have ever even read a bible, by the way to my reasoning if you were ever a Christian you are saved anyway, whether you still believe or not.


You choose to ignore the evidence which is why Quill was so bang on the money when he said "Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

not at all...

i questioned whether you were ever Christian based upon the proof i have seen from you, you have no understanding of the bible or theology, if someone said to me i am a train enthusiast and did not know what the flying scotsman was i would assume he was not in reality q train enthusiast...

whether he was what he claimed is still up to him...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


You choose to ignore the evidence which is why Quill was so bang on the money when he said "Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

not at all...

i questioned whether you were ever Christian based upon the proof i have seen from you, you have no understanding of the bible or theology, if someone said to me i am a train enthusiast and did not know what the flying scotsman was i would assume he was not in reality q train enthusiast...

whether he was what he claimed is still up to him...


Oh so you need proof from me, that is interesting ha ha

I have clearly far more knowledge on theology than you mainly because I actually did study this, being also how I keep catching you constantly out

Your faith is based upon contradictions

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:45 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

not at all...

i questioned whether you were ever Christian based upon the proof i have seen from you, you have no understanding of the bible or theology, if someone said to me i am a train enthusiast and did not know what the flying scotsman was i would assume he was not in reality q train enthusiast...

whether he was what he claimed is still up to him...


Oh so you need proof from me, that is interesting ha ha

I have clearly far more knowledge on theology than you mainly because I actually did study this, being also how I keep catching you constantly out

Your faith is based upon contradictions

you have never demonstrated any knowledge what so ever of the bible or theology, not once...

you have never " caught me out"..lol


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:46 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Oh so you need proof from me, that is interesting ha ha

I have clearly far more knowledge on theology than you mainly because I actually did study this, being also how I keep catching you constantly out

Your faith is based upon contradictions

you have never demonstrated any knowledge what so ever of the bible or theology, not once...

you have never " caught me out"..lol



Another fine example again from HF of Faith being the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 am

Well since you both obviously accept I am right  :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch::  I'm off to bed.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:Well since you both obviously accept I am right   :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch::  I'm off to bed.


Never disagreed with you here Veya and sweet dreams

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:52 am

veya_victaous wrote:Well since you both obviously accept I am right   :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch:: :::grouch::  I'm off to bed.

you aren't right ... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

you have never demonstrated any knowledge what so ever of the bible or theology, not once...

you have never " caught me out"..lol



Another fine example again from HF of Faith being the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

or of phildige losing a discussion.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 am

Then you need to prove otherwise HF, anyway I am off out so laters and enjoy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:54 am

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Another fine example again from HF of Faith being the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

or of phildige losing a discussion.. :D 


Again another example of Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

 :D 


Bye


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:57 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

or of phildige losing a discussion.. :D 


Again another example of Faith is the institutionalization of pure stupidity."

 :D 


Bye




bye... :D if you see JR crucifying Jesus tell him i said hi... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:09 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Your test failed on the analogy given to you by HF

Therefore your test would fail when used on faith

You've been waffling on for ages about how you can disprove faith

You failed to do so since I still have faith





I see you dodge my other posts, knowing full well you silly charade was up ha ha ha ha

I used a simple medical test for food, with faith it would be different being the test would be on where and what your faith is based upon, in your case Christianity, which you keep from answering any points over because your faith is based upon contradictions

All you are doing is as you usual do and try and squirm out of the debate and you based your beliefs on gobbledygook works of men, hilarious


I have no need to squirm out of anything

You are the one who has said you can disprove my faith

When I tell you to crack on and disprove it you failed to do so

My faith remains intact




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I see you dodge my other posts, knowing full well you silly charade was up ha ha ha ha

I used a simple medical test for food, with faith it would be different being the test would be on where and what your faith is based upon, in your case Christianity, which you keep from answering any points over because your faith is based upon contradictions

All you are doing is as you usual do and try and squirm out of the debate and you based your beliefs on gobbledygook works of men, hilarious


I have no need to squirm out of anything

You are the one who has said you can disprove my faith

When I tell you to crack on and disprove it you failed to do so

My faith remains intact


Does it?

Your faith is based on Christianity taught to you, I have just shown the bible is not the word of god, thus your faith is based on a lie!

I have thus been able to disprove your faith

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 9 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:50 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Oh so you need proof from me, that is interesting ha ha

I have clearly far more knowledge on theology than you mainly because I actually did study this, being also how I keep catching you constantly out

Your faith is based upon contradictions

you have never demonstrated any knowledge what so ever of the bible or theology, not once...

you have never " caught me out"..lol


I see didge is indulging his delusions

Did I ever tell you about the time didge argued that monotheistic Islam taught the idea of a polytheistic pantheon of gods

He made a very public apology to me

He was as sure of himself then as he is now and just as wrong



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum