Mother demands her son's school take Sleeping Beauty off the curriculum because the princess doesn't give consent to be kissed and woken up by prince

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother demands her son's school take Sleeping Beauty off the curriculum because the princess doesn't give consent to be kissed and woken up by prince

Post by Didge on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:59 pm

[*]Sarah Hall, 40, North Shields, said fairytale promotes unacceptable behaviour

[*]She argued it teaches children that it is okay to kiss a woman while she's asleep

[*]Ms Hall said : 'It's about saying is this book still relevant, is it appropriate?'

Ms Hall has attracted widespread criticism after she tweeted about the issue earlier this week.

One tweeter wrote: 'Do NOT confuse this rant with feminism - this is harmful to the cause in a catastrophic way, not helpful!
While another fumed: 'Hard to believe and very unfortunate that there are people acting as sad as @Hallmeister and her 'Sleeping Beauty should be banned' nonsense.
'Feel sorry for the kids having to dwell on this c***!' 
One woman said: 'This is getting b***** ridiculous. I never once watched sleeping beauty and thought 'goodness this is giving the wrong message about consent.
'Let's ban Cinderella as well whilst we're on the matter; poor gender roles and all that.' 
Another wrote: 'Are you actually being serious hahaha how pathetic #world has gone mad.' 
One Tweeter posted: 'Did the book or film make you believe you go around kissing anyone when you were a kid? Do you do that now because of the film? No? Then what is the problem!  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5110415/Mother-demands-son-s-school-ban-Sleeping-Beauty.html#ixzz4zH6tnOl5 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother demands her son's school take Sleeping Beauty off the curriculum because the princess doesn't give consent to be kissed and woken up by prince

Post by Cass on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Oh my word. I wish the DM would stop giving people like this an audience/publicity.

Pathetic. Rolling Eyes

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother demands her son's school take Sleeping Beauty off the curriculum because the princess doesn't give consent to be kissed and woken up by prince

Post by Syl on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Its been covered in other papers too Cass, the Telegraph for one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/23/mother-calls-sleeping-beauty-banned-primary-school-promotes/

None of the articles report how the school reacted to her request....I do hope it ended with OFF though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Syl wrote:Its been covered in other papers too Cass, the Telegraph for one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/23/mother-calls-sleeping-beauty-banned-primary-school-promotes/

None of the articles report how the school reacted to her request....I do hope it ended with OFF though.

Good to know.

Lol

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:17 pm

That uptight mother needs to treat herself to a wank.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Leftwing liberals ruining everything.

Will there be anything left when these cretins are done??

Anyone read 1984???

It should be taken as a warning, the leftwing liberals used it as a blueprint.

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 pm

This women's nuts, what a stupid thing to say, its a fairy tale and million of kids throughout the world for generations loved it.

What next Snow White, or maybe Peter Pan perhaps. Stupid mother needs to get a grip.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 pm

This is why we can't have nice things. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:35 pm

God knows what she makes of other fairy stories.

Cinderella, Little red riding hood and her poor granny, Hansel and Gretel, Jack and the beanstalk, Goldilocks, the little match girl, any others you care to think of....all horribly abused or abandoned one way or the other.....BAN EM ALL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:37 pm

magica wrote:This women's nuts, what a stupid thing to say, its a fairy tale and million of kids throughout the world for generations loved it.

What next Snow White, or maybe Peter Pan perhaps.  Stupid mother needs to get a grip.

Never mind the tale of sleeping beauty being awakened by a stolen kiss by a handsome prince....didn't that other little harlot Snow White actually live with SEVEN men at one time....bloody disgusting. snobby

Last edited by Syl on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 pm

snow white deffo gets shut down...THAT slut slept with 7 dwarves.....

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 pm

snap
Laughing

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:40 pm

lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Yeah and what about Peter and the wolf, who was eaten because he cried wolf so many times.

You know that left me in tatters, to this day I've been affected by it all, that poor wolf Laughing Laughing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:04 pm

What about the illegal immigrant "The Beast" who featured in Beauty and the Beast? He went and turned into an ordinary man!
I hope he didn't do that on the NHS.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Exactly Eds, not forgetting Pinocchio. Making his nose grow, that's an insult to anyone with a big nose!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Its a wonder any of us managed to grow into functional human beings after having access to such filth and depravity when we were so young. No

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Syl wrote:Its a wonder any of us managed to grow into functional human beings after having access to such filth and depravity when we were so young. No

It's ridiculous. Fairy Tales are just that, not real. There's always a sourpuss who moans about anything. Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top