Leftwing tolerance

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am

First topic message reminder :



That's your lot isn't it sassy??

Looks like steroid freaks aren't the only ones who hate transgenders.

Looks like the tolerant left hate them too

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 am

So once again didge has run another thread into the ground.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 am

smelly-bandit wrote:So once again didge has run another thread into the ground.


Eh?

So you never paticipated then?

Wow

What is stopping you continuing your daily hatefest?

Talk about trying to blame others for your own failing

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:


I take it then you have met many paedophiles seeing as how you can "tell by the eyes"


Sadly yes, being as I was an alter boy and saw first hand the depravity of some Priests in how they were to other alter boys. Luckily I was never a victim, but none of the victims I knew, ever saw any justice

The worst part is that when ever there was an investigation, the Catholic church moved them out of the country smelly.

Now is that justice?

Maybe you need to watch the film "Spotlight", to truely open your eyes up to this endemic

Did you speak up about that depravity at the time?    Or did it fuel your charabanc adventures?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:


Sadly yes, being as I was an alter boy and saw first hand the depravity of some Priests in how they were to other alter boys. Luckily I was never a victim, but none of the victims I knew, ever saw any justice

The worst part is that when ever there was an investigation, the Catholic church moved them out of the country smelly.

Now is that justice?

Maybe you need to watch the film "Spotlight", to truely open your eyes up to this endemic

Did you speak up about that depravity at the time?    Or did it fuel your charabanc adventures?


Yes and asked my friends to go to the Police

What was a I supposed to do, if I never witnessed any of the acts?

Your last sentence just sums up how appalling you are, when we are talking about real victims here

Glad you found it amusing, as that really places you on the same level playing field as smelly

I am sure they would appreciate your sentiments

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Didge sorting out the peados.

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:51 pm

So you think this is funny

What can i say

Glad you never have to face such a situation

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Did you speak up about that depravity at the time?    Or did it fuel your charabanc adventures?


Yes and asked my friends to go to the Police

What was a I supposed to do, if I never witnessed any of the acts?

Your last sentence just sums up how appalling you are, when we are talking about real victims here

Glad you found it amusing, as that really places you on the same level playing field as smelly

I am sure they would appreciate your sentiments


I found your seedy sexploits pretty hilarious, yes.    You can't really get upset about it after you shared it on here.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:


Sadly yes, being as I was an alter boy and saw first hand the depravity of some Priests in how they were to other alter boys. Luckily I was never a victim, but none of the victims I knew, ever saw any justice

The worst part is that when ever there was an investigation, the Catholic church moved them out of the country smelly.

Now is that justice?

Maybe you need to watch the film "Spotlight", to truely open your eyes up to this endemic

Did you speak up about that depravity at the time?    Or did it fuel your charabanc adventures?


Also lets see some honesty here.

Are you suggesting I got off on this or that I was involved in such abuse?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Didge wrote:So you think this is funny

What can i say

Glad you never have to face such a situation


Didge, you're more full of shit than the end man in the Human Centipede!  Really, you don't half talk some rubbish.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:


Yes and asked my friends to go to the Police

What was a I supposed to do, if I never witnessed any of the acts?

Your last sentence just sums up how appalling you are, when we are talking about real victims here

Glad you found it amusing, as that really places you on the same level playing field as smelly

I am sure they would appreciate your sentiments


I found your seedy sexploits pretty hilarious, yes.    You can't really get upset about it after you shared it on here.


Thank you for being honest

I may enjoy sex in public

You though take great pleasure in the pain of others

I am not upset, just really pity a person like you so petty and angry

I mean did it really give you any pleasure?

For how long thinking you might upset me and failed?

Not only that, what has that got to do with people i know that were abused?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Did you speak up about that depravity at the time?    Or did it fuel your charabanc adventures?


Also lets see some honesty here.

Are you suggesting I got off on this or that I was involved in such abuse?

See my above post.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:So you think this is funny

What can i say

Glad you never have to face such a situation


Didge, you're more full of shit than the end man in the Human Centipede!  Really, you don't half talk some rubbish.


Thank you again for your kind words

Did it make you feel strong and in control?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


I found your seedy sexploits pretty hilarious, yes.    You can't really get upset about it after you shared it on here.


Thank you for being honest

I may enjoy sex in public

You though take great pleasure in the pain of others

I am not upset, just really pity a person like you so petty and angry

I mean did it really give you any pleasure?

For how long thinking you might upset me and failed?

Not only that, what has that got to do with people i know that were abused?


When all else fails play the Old Shep card?   

I don't believe one word of what you've just said.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7765
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:


Also lets see some honesty here.

Are you suggesting I got off on this or that I was involved in such abuse?

See my above post.


So you are saying I am lying

Are you a social worker at Rotherham by any chance?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:


Thank you for being honest

I may enjoy sex in public

You though take great pleasure in the pain of others

I am not upset, just really pity a person like you so petty and angry

I mean did it really give you any pleasure?

For how long thinking you might upset me and failed?

Not only that, what has that got to do with people i know that were abused?


When all else fails play the Old Shep card?   

I don't believe one word of what you've just said.


So you must be a social worker.

That is fine that you do not believe me

Anything else?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by gelico on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


I found your seedy sexploits pretty hilarious, yes.    You can't really get upset about it after you shared it on here.



I may enjoy sex in public



I mean did it really give you any pleasure?


Shocked


'fess up HT, you and didge,,,,in public? did you get pleasure? were you at the Twat and Trumpet that night? I want to know everything,,,,,,everything mind.

gelico

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:



I may enjoy sex in public



I mean did it really give you any pleasure?


Shocked


'fess up HT, you and didge,,,,in public?  did you get pleasure?  were you at the Twat and Trumpet that night?  I want to know everything,,,,,,everything mind.


I very much doubt we could ever be attracted to each other and am sure HT agrees

Its good to know you have a great interest in my sex life

Thanks

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by gelico on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Shocked


'fess up HT, you and didge,,,,in public?  did you get pleasure?  were you at the Twat and Trumpet that night?  I want to know everything,,,,,,everything mind.



Its good to know you have a great interest in my sex life


Good God! Don't flatter yourself man. I have not the slightest interest in YOUR sex life. I might just have potential concerns about HT's. Just cos I like her is all
grin angel

gelico

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Hey didge



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:



Its good to know you have a great interest in my sex life


Good God!  Don't flatter yourself man.  I have not the slightest interest in YOUR sex life.  I might just have potential concerns about HT's.  Just cos I like her is all
grin angel

So you have no interest and yet asked after whether I had sex with a poster at an imaginary pub you both created?

So basically you are saying she is not a strong woman and call fall for my charms, and that you think she is a victim?

Wow, how is that liking her, when you just insulted her?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Abused because she is a Tory: Cambridge student reveals she has been branded 'immoral' by peers over her political beliefs

A Conservative student at Cambridge has spoken out about the ‘dirty looks’ and abuse she has had from her peers because of her political beliefs.

Phoebe Pickering, 19, said young Tories were constantly the butt of jokes and branded ‘immoral’ – causing many to censor themselves in their daily lives.

She said she had learned to ‘keep her mouth shut’ when asked about her political opinions by friends because she did not want to have to deal with the backlash.

Writing in the student newspaper Varsity, she warned that Tory students were being demonised for their views and branded ‘bad people’.

Miss Pickering wrote: ‘Maybe that would explain how, despite being very interested in politics, whenever this topic of conversation comes up, I pray that nobody will ask my opinion, look to the floor and keep my mouth shut.

‘Maybe that would provide a better explanation as to why I feel it necessary if I have confessed my views to follow it up immediately with quick-fire justifications as to why I’m not a bad person.

‘It really shouldn’t be this way that people take such a dim view of humanity as to label most voters in the UK as bad people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5094713/Cambridge-Tory-complains-branded-immoral.html

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Wow what a snowflake eh smelly?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:32 pm

A snowflake because she doesn't like being intimidated for her political views??

Wow

Turn a blind eye much didge??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:36 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:A snowflake because she doesn't like being intimidated for her political views??

Wow

Turn a blind eye much didge??


I thought that is what the alt right do onto the left wing, is it not?

Do you turn a blind eye to that?

Has she faced any real harm here?

I mean people do not like you for your views, what do you do?

Cry?

I would admit it being wrong if she was actually being discriminated against and marked down based on her politics, but this seems more about her being a snowflake

Why do you defend this lady and not other ladies who do actually suffer hate from people like you, that call feminism a cancer?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:38 pm

So you'd be OK with this if she was black and being victimised for being black

Would she be a snowflake then?

(here comes the double standards)

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:So you'd be OK with this if she was black and being victimised for being black

Would she be a snowflake then?

(here comes the double standards)


So you are now conlflating racism to beliefs?

So you think its wrong to be critical of ideologies and political beliefs?

Yes, lets here the double standard?

As what has she been discriminated on ?

Take your time

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Avoiding the answer eh didge??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Avoiding the answer eh didge??


That you are a snowflake

There is a big difference on people castigating someone on what they are to what they believe is there not smelly?

Are you trying to place her as a victim here alongside actual racism?

I mean are you going to call sexy a victim, because you challenge Islam?

Take your time on that?

This student has right wing beliefs, are you saying, nobody can challenge beliefs?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:04 pm

And there we have the double standards

Quicker than expected

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:And there we have the double standards

Quicker than expected


Well this should be interesting

I did ask what these were but smelly cannot comply

Oh well

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 pm

This isn't the look at my I'm didge thread

This is a thread to highlight the intolerance and bigotry of the Liberal left

Disgusting cretins that they are

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:14 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:This isn't the look at my I'm didge thread

This is a thread to highlight the intolerance and bigotry of the Liberal left

Disgusting cretins that they are


So you would then agree that any RW person that is intolerant and thus is a bigot and a disgusting cretin, by simple shallenging beliefs, based on your premise?

Yes?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Phoebe Pickering wrote:Writing in the student newspaper Varsity, she warned that Tory students were being demonised for their views and branded ‘bad people’.

I have to say, I do think that the Tory belief system is evil.  Basically, it is grounded in selfishness.  It's the way selfishness works that is evil.

Tories believe in a free market system, with selfishness as the prime mover.  They believe that such self-interest will work in only one way: each competitor will check each other, such that they will all incrementally cut back, and efficiency will rise.

"Incrementally" assumes they each look at their own methods of production.  Hell, they ain't looking inward, at themselves; they are looking at knocking the other schmuck out of the game completely.  You can't tell them to be so introspective when you have already set them on their course to be selfish.

The real way the selfish market system works is, competition pits them one against the other, and they all knock each other off in a giant melee, until one last one is standing.  He then sees no reason to be merciful, as he has a monopoly.  He has destroyed the market.  All selfish market systems reduce themselves to a monopoly.

WTF...how do you think we've arrived at a situation where 1% own 99% of the wealth?

The selfish market paradigm works the same way in politics.  They don't smooth their policies to make them more palatable to the people.  They turn on each and knock the crap outta themselves until the last one is standing...and he gets to be the despot.  All market systems reduce themselves to a monopoly.

Anyone who can understand the ideology of Tories, does well to demonize it.


Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Why stop at demonising it

Why not move the mass extermination??

You do know the nazi's demonised those they disagreed with, right Quill??

You're not a nazi are you?

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Why stop at demonising it

Why not move the mass extermination??

You do know the nazi's demonised those they disagreed with, right Quill??

You're not a nazi are you?

The Nazis are the classic example of ignoring introspection, knocking the other guy out of the game.  Hitler didn't muse over how he could build a better product; he went and kicked the crap outta the other guy.

There is another more benevolent market system.  It's called socialism.  Instead of pitting one against the other, it encourages cooperation and recognition that we are all in this together...ie, that we are social beings.


Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Why stop at demonising it

Why not move the mass extermination??

You do know the nazi's demonised those they disagreed with, right Quill??

You're not a nazi are you?

Well, there is another more benevolent market system.  It's called socialism.  Instead of pitting one against the other, it encourages cooperation and recognition that we are all in this together...ie, that we are social beings.

Yeah because socialism worked so well in Zimbabwe and Venezuela right??

Doctors and lawyers fighting each other for roadkill dog.

Good call

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm

And of course it worked wonders for the French economy

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:And of course it worked wonders for the French economy


Remind me of the debt the UK has smelly?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Tell me Quill if you think it's ok to demonise others for their views then you must accept demonisation for your views??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:And of course it worked wonders for the French economy


Remind me of the debt the UK has smelly?

You mean the debt left to us by socialist labour??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Tell me Quill if you think it's ok to demonise others for their views then you must accept demonisation for your views??


You think its okay to demonise Islam, do you not?

I also do, as i also demonise Christianity

I mean they hold the same central view point

Condtional love and child abuse

I mean, we are all supposed to be God's children, but if we do not obey, we then suffer an eternity of torture

Sounds more like living under ISIS

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 8246
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, there is another more benevolent market system.  It's called socialism.  Instead of pitting one against the other, it encourages cooperation and recognition that we are all in this together...ie, that we are social beings.

Yeah because socialism worked so well in Zimbabwe and Venezuela right??

Doctors and lawyers fighting each other for roadkill dog.

Good call

Those are systems of corruption. They are exemplary of an underlying selfish market system. They may want to be socialist. They may strive to be socialist. But as the Soviet system found out, you can't force it. You build from the ground up.

You don't convince people to be altruistic, when your leaders are still being selfish. Again, you can't turn lead into gold. You've got to have the right base substance.

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Tell me Quill if you think it's ok to demonise others for their views then you must accept demonisation for your views??

I do believe that there is a good, and a bad.  We judge all the time: rape, murder, kidnapping, child abuse, spousal abuse. We have stories every day on this website, and posters are quite willingly declaring good and bad.  So, it's impossible to deny.

Where I'm saying something different is, I'm shoving Toryism over into the bad category.  You can't build an ideology on selfishness, and expect something good to come of it.  Bad is where it cannot be adjusted to be good.  It's no longer an alternative.  It is bad.

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Tell me Quill if you think it's ok to demonise others for their views then you must accept demonisation for your views??

I do believe that there is a good, and a bad.  We judge all the time: rape, murder, kidnapping, child abuse, spousal abuse.  We have stories every day on this website, and posters are quite willingly declaring good and bad.  So, it's impossible to deny.

Where I'm saying something different is, I'm shoving Toryism over into the bad category.  You can't build an ideology on selfishness, and expect something good to come of it.  Bad is where it cannot be adjusted to be good.  It's no longer an alternative.  It is bad.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

Its all about perspective Quill.

Your good idea might be my bad idea

You consider it acceptable to intimidate those who have what you consider bad ideas, therefore it is acceptable for those who consider your ideas bad, to demonise and intimidate you.

Is that fair??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Yeah because socialism worked so well in Zimbabwe and Venezuela right??

Doctors and lawyers fighting each other for roadkill dog.

Good call

Those are systems of corruption.  They are exemplary of an underlying selfish market system.  They may want to be socialist.  They may strive to be socialist.  But as the Soviet system found out, you can't force it.  You build from the ground up.

You don't convince people to be altruistic, when your leaders are still being selfish.  Again, you can't turn lead into gold.  You've got to have the right base substance.

Where has socialism ever succeeded??

Of the top 5 economies in world, which ones are socialist??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Tell me Quill if you think it's ok to demonise others for their views then you must accept demonisation for your views??


You think its okay to demonise Islam, do you not?

I also do, as i also demonise Christianity

I mean they hold the same central view point

Condtional love and child abuse

I mean, we are all supposed to be God's children, but if we do not obey, we then suffer an eternity of torture

Sounds more like living under ISIS

Your point??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Those are systems of corruption.  They are exemplary of an underlying selfish market system.  They may want to be socialist.  They may strive to be socialist.  But as the Soviet system found out, you can't force it.  You build from the ground up.

You don't convince people to be altruistic, when your leaders are still being selfish.  Again, you can't turn lead into gold.  You've got to have the right base substance.

Where has socialism ever succeeded??

Of the top 5 economies in world, which ones are socialist??

You have to look at socialism as a form of organization, not a nation. No nation is completely socialist. No economy is completely socialist. Socialism is a set of priorities...as I say, a form of organization. It's a way of keeping the tools of production in the hands of those to whom it is most dear...most important.

But what organizations are we talking about? Well, the United States military is one of the preeminent socialist organizations in the world: owned by the people, of the people, existing for the people, and capitalized by the people. It turns out to be one of the most productive, efficient organizations ever.

In varying degrees, all essential services--police, fire, ambulance, and in the UK, healthcare--are organized along socialist lines. This appears to be because, the more dear the service to us, the more we keep it in our hands. It's a variation on the old saying, fi you want it done well, do it yourself! Free market is a kind of casting seeds onto the winds, to see what comes back. Socialism puts you in charge, and provides more of a guarantee.

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Where has socialism ever succeeded??

Of the top 5 economies in world, which ones are socialist??

You have to look at socialism as a form of organization, not a nation.  No nation is completely socialist.  No economy is completely socialist.  Socialism is a set of priorities...as I say, a form of organization.  It's a way of keeping the tools of production in the hands of those to whom it is most dear...most important.

But what organizations are we talking about?  Well, the United States military is one of the preeminent socialist organizations in the world: owned by the people, of the people, existing for the people, and capitalized by the people.  It turns out to be one of the most productive, efficient organizations ever.

In varying degrees, all essential services--police, fire, ambulance, and in the UK, healthcare--are organized along socialist lines.  This appears to be because, the more dear the service to us, the more we keep it in our hands.  It's a variation on the old saying, fi you want it done well, do it yourself!  Free market is a kind of casting seeds onto the winds, to see what comes back.  Socialism puts you in charge, and provides more of a guarantee.


that doesn't really answer my question does it??

i asked which of the worlds top 5 economies are socialist??

im not overly interested in listening to you preaching the virtues of socialism quill

im a pragmatist and if something works then its good if it doesn't then its bad, which is why i asked which of the top 5 economies are socialist, since you have flinched away from the question i must assume that none are socialist??

i do enjoy conversations about socialism or religion especially Islam

whenever a dyed-in-the-wool socialist or Muslim bangs on about their beloved ideologies they inevitably struggle to name a single place anywhere on earth that has successfully implemented said belief systems

when examples are given where said ideologies are in place and teh result is utter disaster, you both have the exact same answer "they arent doing it properly".

"that's not real Islam"

"that's not real socialism"

socialism doesn't work because it makes slaves of people, it enforces equality at the bottom ie everyone is equally impoverished except those at the top, because lets be honest quill, "the people" as you say, will never be allowed to OWN anything, they will only ever be allowed to work for what they "own".

the government and the top "1 percenters" own everything. people don't want to work for nothing, they want to better themselves and have better lifestyles and more options, socialism doesn't allow for the advancement of the individual since its "the people" who are the priority.

everywhere socialism is in place, those at the top live a capitalist lifestyle while those at the bottom get to enjoy the fruits of socialism

mugabes son is a perfect example, the people of Zimbabwe take wheelbarrows full of million pound notes for a single load of bread,while Mugabes son is seen pouring champagne over his 45,000 pound diamond encrusted watch

that is socialism right there

so quill tell me which of the world top 5 economies are socialist??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

sb wrote:that doesn't really answer my question does it??

i asked which of the worlds top 5 economies are socialist??

No it answers your question. If you were to ask which is the best cat, the Bluejay or the Robin, I would be compelled to first point out that neither of your options are cats.

I am not trying to sell socialism, just correct some misconceptions. Socialism is a dynamic, not a nation nor an economy.

Once you understand fully, socialism sells itself.

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm

sb wrote:socialism doesn't work because it makes slaves of people, it enforces equality at the bottom ie everyone is equally impoverished except those at the top, because lets be honest quill, "the people" as you say, will never be allowed to OWN anything, they will only ever be allowed to work for what they "own".

Socialism does neither.  Technically, socialism is the return of the tools of production to the producers of production.  Industrialism has created scales of economy that make it impossible for the single worker to own the tools of production. That doesn’t prevent either government, or production councils, from banding workers together to create ownership of the tools.  

When corporations band investors together, does that create slaves of them?  Is it attempt to impose equality?  Socialism is an alternative to capitalism inherent in corporations. Worker’s councils are just a way to keep it among the producers, so that all the value goes to the rightful people.

You are smitten with Cold War images of socialism, merely because the Soviet Union was the enemy at the time of your upbringing.  If you get over those preconceptions, you begin to realize that it's just an alternate mechanism of organizing perfectly happy people.

_________________
BOYCOTT STARBUCKS

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22731
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leftwing tolerance

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum