Why The 2014 Peace Talks Failed

Go down

Why The 2014 Peace Talks Failed

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Last week, blogger Elder of Ziyon reminded us of the biggest Israel-related story of the decade: that after a major investigation Haaretz published a report on why the 2014 peace talks actually failed and it showed that the exact opposite of the “conventional wisdom” was true.
The investigation showed that while “the most right-wing government in Israeli history” accepted a framework for talks that included a Palestinian State based on the 1967 lines, Abbas rejected the first such framework and then refused to respond to an even more pro-Palestinian framework that explicitly called for eastern Jerusalem to be the Palestinian capital. Since Abbas refused to accept the framework for the talks, Netanyahu put off the fourth release of convicted Palestinian terrorists from jail until Abbas would agree so the negotiations would continue. Abbas used the delay in the prisoner release as an excuse to say Israel breached the rules of the talks and the world bought it hook, line and sinker.
So the next time someone tries to tell you Israel was to blame for the collapse of negotiations, show them this:

http://www.israellycool.com/2017/11/12/pro-israel-poster-why-the-2014-peace-talks-failed/
Which proves beyond doubt yet again and for the 5th time in history. Its the palestinian authorities that are the obstacle to peace and a Palestinian state.
Its not the settlements in Judea and Samaria, its simple the same reason that has gone on for over a hundred years. That some Arabs will never accept the right of indegenious Jewish people to have self determination within their homeland. It shows they cannot even share a land.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why The 2014 Peace Talks Failed

Post by eddie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Peace talks fail simply because everyone thinks their own opinion is right.
So they'll nearly always fail. Let's be honest.

A Hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard. Late at night when the wires in the walls, sing in tune with the din of the falls. I'm conducting it all while I sleep...to light the whole town
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

eddie wrote:Peace talks fail simply because everyone thinks their own opinion is right.
So they'll nearly always fail. Let's be honest.

Which 5 times the Arab Palestinian authorities opinion has been the cause to deny them a state and peace.

As this opinion continues to deny the existance of the state of Israel

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down