Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:48 am

Maajid reacts to the racist outcry about one of Tesco's Christmas adverts
Supermarket Tesco has defended featuring a Muslim family in one of its Christmas adverts following a racist backlash.

The clip provoked an unexpected response. Some called it “very wrong”, others promised to boycott the supermarket, for including a four-second scene in the advert which focused on a Muslim family.

Maajid Nawaz railed against the complaints: "You'd be complaining if they were refusing to say 'Merry Christmas,' 'This is a Christian country goddammit. Why can't we say Merry Christmas?'

"Now you've got an advert featuring a Muslim family celebrating Christmas and you're still complaining. It's a lose-lose.

"What do you want us to do? Do you want us to integrate or not? Do you want us to be a part of British society or not?

"Let me tell you, I grew up, born and raised in Essex, celebrating Christmas. I grew up saying 'Merry Christmas' to my neighbours and friends. I performed in a nativity play. 

"It was one of the best moments of the year and I remember it so fondly, my Muslim parents, my dad who prays five times a day, my Muslim family taught me to celebrate Christmas.

"If this is Britain and a Christian country then what is wrong with everyone celebrating Christmas?

"What happened to the story of the good samaritan? And love thy neighbour? What would Jesus do in this situation? Would he ban people from celebrating Christmas with him?

"It's so far removed from what you claim you're representing.

"The only conclusion I can come to is that this is driven, and fuelled, by a rising anti-Muslim sentiment that wants no Muslim presence in this country and will take any opportunity to decry and bemoan a semblance of a Muslim presence in this country.

"Your real agenda here is you just want a white, nativist, non-Muslim Britain. You want to hark back to that nostalgic sense you have of a country before immigration.

"That's the only conclusion I can come to because you're not happy either way.

"If Muslims refuse to integrate you complain. If Muslims integrate you complain. That tells me there's an axe to grind and you're grinding it."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/maajid-Muslims-integrate/



Video on link

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Featuring a few moslems on a Christmass advert is not moslems integrating, it's just stupid PC driven pro moslem bullshit.


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19082
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Featuring a few moslems on a Christmass advert is not moslems integrating, it's just stupid PC driven pro moslem bullshit.



PC?

How so?

Are you saying that it does not happen Muslims celebrating Christmas?

A winter festival and also a celebration of the birth of Mithra hijacked by Christianity?

Would you have made such a comment if instead of Muslims, it had been Sikhs or Hindu's?

Of course not, showing you are inherantly biased against only Muslims

Do you think the concept of the Christmas tree and giving presents was born from Christianity or pagan beliefs?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Featuring a few moslems on a Christmass advert is not moslems integrating, it's just stupid PC driven pro moslem bullshit.


No but your post certainly is!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:21 pm


Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19082
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?



You are obviously very thick

Sikhs were shown too

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?
No...
So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?



Who knows, but the point is, would you have made the comments you have made here, if this advert had had Sikhs, Bhuddists, Hindu's ect?

No

Maybe its to do with the fact they are the second largest religion now

The point is why does it upset you? Why does it have some people make such daft comments of hate towards Muslim who do celebrate Christmas?

The reailty this country now has a majority of atheist believers and yet if they showed this in the advert, would you be moaning also?

Its a winter festival hijacked by Christianity, that has been celebrated long before any Christians even came along

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 pm

'...Tesco has kicked off its Christmas advertising campaign with an advert featuring Sikhs, Muslims, a gay couple, but no Christian characters...'


PC bullshit!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19082
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:'...Tesco has kicked off its Christmas advertising campaign with an advert featuring Sikhs, Muslims, a gay couple, but no Christian characters...'


PC bullshit!!!



Oh no, what shall we do Tommy?

Piss and moan like a child?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Can't have any Christians celebrating Christmas... that might offend all the other religious minorities...


Laughing

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19082
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by gelico on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?




to be fair, tommy - people weren't reacting so much to the fact that Muslims were featured in the advert. it was the fact that a pre-pubescent child was wearing a hijab and they seemed to be trying to pass that off as something normal and mainstream

any culture or religion can still celebrate christmas. and shouldn't they be welcome to?

as didge said it was all hijacked from previous pagan traditions anyway,,,,

gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Angry Andy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?



You are obviously very thick

Sikhs were shown too
So were Catholics. And Protestants.  And probably a couple of scientologists.
But racist Tom picks out the Muslims.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by nicko on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Didn't see ANY Jedi Knights !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 am

Tommy Monk wrote:'...Tesco has kicked off its Christmas advertising campaign with an advert featuring Sikhs, Muslims, a gay couple, but no Christian characters...'


PC bullshit!!!



Or a reflection of modern Britain Rolling Eyes
Or a target audience Since Guess fucking what Christians probably have ornaments from last year

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by nicko on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 am

"From last year"? I'v got some from VE day.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Featuring a few moslems on a Christmass advert is not moslems integrating, it's just stupid PC driven pro moslem bullshit.


Correct

Muslims dont celebrate Christmas so why are they featured??

This ad is basically stripping the eligious importance out of Christmas and turning it into nothing

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:20 am

gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?




to be fair, tommy - people weren't reacting so much to the fact that Muslims were featured in the advert.  it was the fact that a pre-pubescent child was wearing a hijab and they seemed to be trying to pass that off as something normal and mainstream

any culture or religion can still celebrate christmas.  and shouldn't they be welcome to?

as didge said it was all hijacked from previous pagan traditions anyway,,,,

Next year it will be "merry Christmas here you present - FGM"

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 am

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:'...Tesco has kicked off its Christmas advertising campaign with an advert featuring Sikhs, Muslims, a gay couple, but no Christian characters...'


PC bullshit!!!



Oh no, what shall we do Tommy?

Piss and moan like a child?

You do that anyway didge

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 am

How do we know that the people complaining about the ad are non-Muslims?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:How do we know that the people complaining about the ad are non-Muslims?

It could be the crazies of the Muslim community. They dont like integration very much

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 am

gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Were there any other religious groups shown...?


No...


So why the need to specifically show moslems in this Christmas advert...?




to be fair, tommy - people weren't reacting so much to the fact that Muslims were featured in the advert.  it was the fact that a pre-pubescent child was wearing a hijab and they seemed to be trying to pass that off as something normal and mainstream

any culture or religion can still celebrate christmas.  and shouldn't they be welcome to?



as didge said it was all hijacked from previous pagan traditions anyway,,,,


Indeed, this country was once not Christian and times change.

Even more so when the majority of people are now non-believers.

Thus the demographis has changed

People will continue to celebrate Christmas, but its hardly about actually celebrating the birth of Jesus anymore, ( who clearly was not born on the 25th December, that was the date set aside for the birth of Mithra). Many celebrate more around a time of good will, giving presents and being with their families etc.

Like I say, Christianity hijacked the winter festival, where the origins of the tree and giving gifts came from.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 am

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:


to be fair, tommy - people weren't reacting so much to the fact that Muslims were featured in the advert.  it was the fact that a pre-pubescent child was wearing a hijab and they seemed to be trying to pass that off as something normal and mainstream

any culture or religion can still celebrate christmas.  and shouldn't they be welcome to?



as didge said it was all hijacked from previous pagan traditions anyway,,,,


Indeed, this country was once not Christian and times change.

Even more so when the majority of people are now non-believers.

Thus the demographis has changed

People will continue to celebrate Christmas, but its hardly about actually celebrating the birth of Jesus anymore, ( who clearly was not born on the 25th December, that was the date set aside for the birth of Mithra)

Like I say, Christianity hijacked the winter festivals, where the origins of the tree and giving gifts came from.

so??

its now Christmas

tell you what didge

you walk around wishing people merry mithrasmas and see if they know what you're on about.

people will be like "who is this fucking weirdo"

or better yet why don't you start a one man mithras liberation army with the aim of freeing mithrasmas from christmas




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


Indeed, this country was once not Christian and times change.

Even more so when the majority of people are now non-believers.

Thus the demographis has changed

People will continue to celebrate Christmas, but its hardly about actually celebrating the birth of Jesus anymore, ( who clearly was not born on the 25th December, that was the date set aside for the birth of Mithra)

Like I say, Christianity hijacked the winter festivals, where the origins of the tree and giving gifts came from.

so??

its now Christmas

tell you what didge

you walk around wishing people merry mithrasmas and see if they know what you're on about.

people will be like "who is this fucking weirdo"

or better yet why don't you start a one man mithras liberation army with the aim of freeing mithrasmas from christmas





Ah bless, someone is tired.

I do not follow Mithra though smelly or any pagan beliefs

So your point is as dumb as the concept of a Zombie deity that you follow.

Like I say, more and more, Christmas has less and less meaning with Christianity. Mainly as people are not bought by such religious babble.

Its simple turning more and more into a holiday and a time to be with family

Suck it up buttercup

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

so??

its now Christmas

tell you what didge

you walk around wishing people merry mithrasmas and see if they know what you're on about.

people will be like "who is this fucking weirdo"

or better yet why don't you start a one man mithras liberation army with the aim of freeing mithrasmas from christmas





Ah bless, someone is tired.

I do not follow Mithra though smelly or any pagan beliefs

So your point is as dumb as the concept of a Zombie deity that you follow.

Like I say, more and more, Christmas has less and less meaning with Christianity. Mainly as people are not bought by such religious babble.

Its simple turning more and more into a holiday and a time to be with family

Suck it up buttercup

For someone who is an atheist you seem to stick your nose into religion quite often.

Maybe you're more religious than you admit to yourself,is that why you celebrate a Christian tradition??

You're the religiously observant atheist I've ever met.

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is because of PC bullshit

it's being hijacked by capitalism and atheists and now Muslims apparently.

Why do you celebrate a religious holiday didge??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Muslims can’t fucking win it seems

You guys go on about Muslims don’t intergrate and when they do you say they don’t celebrate so shouldn’t be with us!!!!!!!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 pm

I couldnt give a monkeys nuts who celebrates christmas....

I dont

I celebrate the winter solstice, otherwise known as Yule.

Probably ???? an older celebration than mithras day


Last edited by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I couldnt give a monkeys nuts who celebrates christmas....

I dont

I celebrate the winter solstice, otherwise known as Yule.


It’s not about YOU though is it! Twisted Evil

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Well Sexy....the point is....do I care if moslems are celebrating christmas, with as much enthusiasm os christians or anyone else.....

NOPE....let em at it I say.....

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Didge can even go slaughter a bull if he feels he's up to it Laughing

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Well Sexy....the point is....do I care if moslems are celebrating christmas, with as much enthusiasm os christians or anyone else.....

NOPE....let em at it I say.....

I know the point you were making Vic

Hence why I had a twisted emoticon lol

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Didge can even go slaughter a bull if he feels he's up to it Laughing

Noooooo

Too many poor animals are bloody murdered as it is!


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:
Ah bless, someone is tired.

I do not follow Mithra though smelly or any pagan beliefs

So your point is as dumb as the concept of a Zombie deity that you follow.

Like I say, more and more, Christmas has less and less meaning with Christianity. Mainly as people are not bought by such religious babble.

Its simple turning more and more into a holiday and a time to be with family

Suck it up buttercup

For someone who is an atheist you seem to stick your nose into religion quite  often.

Maybe you're more religious than you admit to yourself,is that why you celebrate a Christian tradition??

You're the religiously observant atheist I've ever met.

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is because of PC bullshit

it's being hijacked by capitalism and atheists and now Muslims apparently.

Why do you celebrate a religious holiday didge??



You consider yourself "religious",  SmellySatan'sSpawnTrollski  ?!?

You would have to be the most irreligious faux_Christian on here..

Then again,  that's about par for a spineless army deserter like yourself, preaching about valour, heroism and patriotism on certain other threads.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4573
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


Ah bless, someone is tired.

I do not follow Mithra though smelly or any pagan beliefs

So your point is as dumb as the concept of a Zombie deity that you follow.

Like I say, more and more, Christmas has less and less meaning with Christianity. Mainly as people are not bought by such religious babble.

Its simple turning more and more into a holiday and a time to be with family

Suck it up buttercup

For someone who is an atheist you seem to stick your nose into religion quite  often.

Maybe you're more religious than you admit to yourself,is that why you celebrate a Christian tradition??

You're the religiously observant atheist I've ever met.

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is because of PC bullshit

it's being hijacked by capitalism and atheists and now Muslims apparently.

Why do you celebrate a religious holiday didge??


Can anyone else see how silly smelly's first sentence in with being contradictive?

As an athiest I tend to take the piss out of poor beliefs

I  celebrate a holiday which has no religious celebration from my part

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is people simple are less and less Christian

We  you Christians originally hijacked the pagan holiday

So such it up buttercup

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Didge can even go slaughter a bull if he feels he's up to it Laughing


Er why?

I see Christmas, not as a pagan holiday or a religious one, but a time to spend with family friends, sharing gifts.

Christmas can be what ever it likes for people and if some get upset at that, then tough

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Muslims can’t fucking win it seems

You guys go on about Muslims don’t intergrate and when they do you say they don’t celebrate so shouldn’t be with us!!!!!!!

how would you feel if wetherspoons advertised EID with a bunch of people boozing it up??

(wetherspoons is chain of pubs)

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Muslims can’t fucking win it seems

You guys go on about Muslims don’t intergrate and when they do you say they don’t celebrate so shouldn’t be with us!!!!!!!

how would you feel if wetherspoons advertised EID with a bunch of people boozing it up??

(wetherspoons is chain of pubs)


I think they would be happy non-Muslims are participating within such a holiday

You really never thought the above through did you?

So what you are empahtically saying, is its you that is the issue.

Not that Muslims are celebrating Christmas, its that you are some how offended.

Dry your eyes out mate

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

For someone who is an atheist you seem to stick your nose into religion quite  often.

Maybe you're more religious than you admit to yourself,is that why you celebrate a Christian tradition??

You're the religiously observant atheist I've ever met.

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is because of PC bullshit

it's being hijacked by capitalism and atheists and now Muslims apparently.

Why do you celebrate a religious holiday didge??


Can anyone else see how silly smelly's first sentence in with being contradictive?

As an athiest I tend to take the piss out of poor beliefs

I  celebrate a holiday which has no religious celebration from my part

The reason Christmas is losing its meaning is people simple are less and less Christian

We  you Christians originally hijacked the pagan holiday

So such it up buttercup

you are missing the fact that without religion you wouldn't have the holiday to celebrate.

you wouldn't have many holidays to celebrate without religion

hypocrite much??



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I think that a lot of Christians don't really care who celebrates Christmas these days. It's become such a commercial enterprise anyway - the best time of year for retail companies and pubs to do a lot of business. That's what it's all aimed at.

Christians are quite free to celebrate their own way, or to see Christmas the way they want to. Nobody is forced to join in the commercial exploitation - that is a personal decision which many people feel they would rather not make but feel obliged to.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

how would you feel if wetherspoons advertised EID with a bunch of people boozing it up??

(wetherspoons is chain of pubs)


I think they would be happy non-Muslims are participating within such a holiday

You really never thought the above through did you?

So what you are empahtically saying, is its you that is the issue.

Not that Muslims are celebrating Christmas, its that you are some how offended.

Dry your eyes out mate

yeah because Muslims love it when non Muslims involve their religion in western customs

just ask the staff of charlie hebdo

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


I think they would be happy non-Muslims are participating within such a holiday

You really never thought the above through did you?

So what you are empahtically saying, is its you that is the issue.

Not that Muslims are celebrating Christmas, its that you are some how offended.

Dry your eyes out mate

yeah because Muslims love it when non Muslims involve their religion in western customs

just ask the staff of charlie hebdo

How was that a religious holiday?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:18 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Muslims can’t fucking win it seems

You guys go on about Muslims don’t intergrate and when they do you say they don’t celebrate so shouldn’t be with us!!!!!!!

how would you feel if wetherspoons advertised EID with a bunch of people boozing it up??

(wetherspoons is chain of pubs)

Yes thanks for that info on pubs!

Smelly you miss the point as always!

So I’ll say this rather simply for you

In a Muslim country when a non Muslim takes the day off for Eid how else would they celebrate it?

Obviously by having a drink or two.

That’s ok by me.


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

how would you feel if wetherspoons advertised EID with a bunch of people boozing it up??

(wetherspoons is chain of pubs)

Yes thanks for that info on pubs!

Smelly you miss the point as always!

So I’ll say this rather simply for you

In a Muslim country when a non Muslim takes the day off for Eid how else would they celebrate it?

Obviously by having a drink or two.

That’s ok by me.


thats not the point though is it??

the point is that Christmas which is a christian holiday has been desecrated in the name of political correctness like everything else related to Christianity in this country, abused and diluted to appease and accommodate everyone but Christians.

you don't get it because you belong to a religion that leaves a stack of corpses in its wake if anyone so much as says Muhammad in the wrong way.

if wetherspoons showed an advert for eid with a bunch of England fans boozing it up, some Sikhs , some Jews in Israel and some gays, basically everyone BUT Muslims????

there would be a string of explosions around the country in wetherspoon pubs along with Corbyn leading the condemnation in Parliament at the idea that eid belongs to anyone but the Muslims

it would immediately be condemned as racism and cultural appropriation, but if you're christian then its open season on you.

its ok to show a Christmas ad depicting everyone but Christians???

of course your happy with that, its not your religion thats under assault, no your religion is the one doing the assaulting


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

yeah because Muslims love it when non Muslims involve their religion in western customs

just ask the staff of charlie hebdo

How was that a religious holiday?

good lord you are stupid


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Didge on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

How was that a religious holiday?

good lord you are stupid



Well I thought we were talking about religious holidays?

You brought up the actions of a media outlet.

That makes you very dumb indeed to compare

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4685
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Yes thanks for that info on pubs!

Smelly you miss the point as always!

So I’ll say this rather simply for you

In a Muslim country when a non Muslim takes the day off for Eid how else would they celebrate it?

Obviously by having a drink or two.

That’s ok by me.


thats not the point though is it??

the point is that Christmas which is a christian holiday has been desecrated in the name of political correctness like everything else related to Christianity in this country, abused and diluted to appease and accommodate everyone but Christians.

you don't get it because you belong to a religion that leaves a stack of corpses in its wake if anyone so much as says Muhammad in the wrong way.

if wetherspoons  showed an advert for eid with a bunch of England fans boozing it up,  some Sikhs , some Jews in Israel and some gays, basically everyone BUT Muslims????

there would be a string of explosions around the country in wetherspoon pubs along with Corbyn leading the condemnation in Parliament at the idea that eid belongs to anyone but the Muslims

it would immediately be condemned as racism and cultural appropriation, but if you're christian then its open season on you.

its ok to show a Christmas ad depicting everyone but Christians???

of course your happy with that, its not your religion thats under assault, no your religion is the one doing the assaulting    


Ok clam down mate!

Firstly you lot moan that Muslims don’t intergate

Than you moan when they do!

See the bloody irony here?

How do you know ‘Christians’ are not in the advert?


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

thats not the point though is it??

the point is that Christmas which is a christian holiday has been desecrated in the name of political correctness like everything else related to Christianity in this country, abused and diluted to appease and accommodate everyone but Christians.

you don't get it because you belong to a religion that leaves a stack of corpses in its wake if anyone so much as says Muhammad in the wrong way.

if wetherspoons  showed an advert for eid with a bunch of England fans boozing it up,  some Sikhs , some Jews in Israel and some gays, basically everyone BUT Muslims????

there would be a string of explosions around the country in wetherspoon pubs along with Corbyn leading the condemnation in Parliament at the idea that eid belongs to anyone but the Muslims

it would immediately be condemned as racism and cultural appropriation, but if you're christian then its open season on you.

its ok to show a Christmas ad depicting everyone but Christians???

of course your happy with that, its not your religion thats under assault, no your religion is the one doing the assaulting    


Ok clam down mate!

Firstly you lot moan that Muslims don’t intergate

Than you moan when they do!

See the bloody irony here?

How do you know ‘Christians’ are not in the advert?


im not blaming Muslims for this ad.

im simply pointing out that anything christian in the country seems to be under sustained assault, and that if it was islam you wouldn't be so okay with it

its simple you had three separate and very prominent points in the ad (and ive only seen it once)

the first is the gay couple with the baby

the second are the Muslims

the third is the Sikhs

all three were overtly obvious is what they were and at no stage was there anything related to Christianity that i saw, no crosses, no churches, no priests

maybe i missed it, maybe it was subtle but i saw nothing remotely christian in an advert about a holiday that is distinctly christian

its like showing people running around the woods with their dogs and then saying its an advert for BMW

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Ok clam down mate!

Firstly you lot moan that Muslims don’t intergate

Than you moan when they do!

See the bloody irony here?

How do you know ‘Christians’ are not in the advert?


im not blaming Muslims for this ad.

im simply pointing out that anything christian in the country seems to be under sustained assault, and that if it was islam you wouldn't be so okay with it  

its simple  you had three separate and very prominent points in the ad (and ive only seen it once)

the first is the gay couple with the baby

the second are the Muslims

the third is the Sikhs  

all three were overtly obvious is what they were and at no stage was there anything related to Christianity that i saw, no crosses, no churches, no priests

maybe i missed it, maybe it was subtle but i saw nothing remotely christian in an advert about a holiday that is distinctly christian

its like showing people running around the woods with their dogs and then saying its an advert for BMW  

It’s showing our country’s diversity and rightly so

Spreading love at the most important time in the Christian calendar is exactly what Christianity is all about.


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2816
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

im not blaming Muslims for this ad.

im simply pointing out that anything christian in the country seems to be under sustained assault, and that if it was islam you wouldn't be so okay with it  

its simple  you had three separate and very prominent points in the ad (and ive only seen it once)

the first is the gay couple with the baby

the second are the Muslims

the third is the Sikhs  

all three were overtly obvious is what they were and at no stage was there anything related to Christianity that i saw, no crosses, no churches, no priests

maybe i missed it, maybe it was subtle but i saw nothing remotely christian in an advert about a holiday that is distinctly christian

its like showing people running around the woods with their dogs and then saying its an advert for BMW  

It’s showing our country’s diversity and rightly so

Spreading love at the most important time in the Christian calendar is exactly what Christianity is all about.


Again you wouldn't be saying that if it was eid

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Clearly, the ad is designed not to put religion in the frame.   And who can blame them.  We've all had a hand in reducing Christmas from pagan to Christian to Corporate.   

But...I can imagine the furore if a Muslim sacred event/day/festival was reduced to the mundane by the media.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:


to be fair, tommy - people weren't reacting so much to the fact that Muslims were featured in the advert.  it was the fact that a pre-pubescent child was wearing a hijab and they seemed to be trying to pass that off as something normal and mainstream

any culture or religion can still celebrate christmas.  and shouldn't they be welcome to?



as didge said it was all hijacked from previous pagan traditions anyway,,,,


Indeed, this country was once not Christian and times change.

Even more so when the majority of people are now non-believers.

Thus the demographis has changed

People will continue to celebrate Christmas, but its hardly about actually celebrating the birth of Jesus anymore, ( who clearly was not born on the 25th December, that was the date set aside for the birth of Mithra)

Like I say, Christianity hijacked the winter festivals, where the origins of the tree and giving gifts came from.

so??

its now Christmas

tell you what didge

you walk around wishing people merry mithrasmas and see if they know what you're on about.

people will be like "who is this fucking weirdo"

or better yet why don't you start a one man mithras liberation army with the aim of freeing mithrasmas from christmas




Exactly NOW it is Christmas the time of Santa, family and Friends.

Nothing at all to do with Jesus. You fucking weirdo

Bow down to the Almighty dollar or fuck off You don't belong in the West tongue tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maajid Nawaz: Do You Want Muslims To Integrate Or Not?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum