Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook

Go down

Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook Empty Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Couldn't decide whether this was Tech or Sci, but I erred on the side of encryption being a science (math(s)):

Now there’s a browser extension that lets you encode those images with secret, hard-to-detect messages.

That’s the idea behind Secretbook, a browser extension released this week by 21-year-old Oxford University computer science student and former Google intern Owen-Campbell Moore. With the extension, anyone — you, your sister, a terrorist — could share messages hidden in JPEG images uploaded to Facebook without the prying eyes of the company, the government or anyone else noticing or figuring out what the messages say. The only way to unlock them is through a password you create.

"Secretbook"

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook Empty Re: Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook

Post by Lurker on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:07 am

This probably will increase the ability to hide malware in jpegs. I think pictures have been used for spreading trojans and viruses in the past. Terrorists used them to embed messages, according to the government. I know these are not encrypted, but it could be used for nefarious purposes.
Lurker
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook Empty Re: Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Here's an example; can anyone find the hidden message in this image?

Encode a jpg with a secret message, post to Facebook Most-offensive-memes-ever-2

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Ah. There’s another of your “under the mattress” pictures.

Just stop it, dude. Really. Rolling Eyes

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down