Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 pm




Michael Fallon has resigned as Defence Secretary, saying his behaviour in the past may have "fallen short" in the wake of harassment allegations swirling around Westminster.



More follows…

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-fallon-resigns-sex-spreadsheet-latest-defence-secretary-tories-theresa-may-a8032331.html

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Finally done an honourable thing after keeping his philandering secret for years.
The first of many. Hopefully.
We need ALLelected representatives to be without blemish.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Finally done an honourable thing after keeping his philandering secret for years.
The first of many. Hopefully.
We need ALLelected representatives to be without blemish.


Apparently he touched Julia Hartley-Brewers knee a couple of times, back in 2002...



So what...?




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 pm

The tip of the iceberg.
Everyone knows that alone is insufficient reason to resign. Clearly he has more secrets that were about to be announced.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 pm




Maybe...


Anyway... is Keith Vaz still diverting charity funds to pay for rent boys and cocaine...!?


And... how long has it been since Corbyn last shagged Dianne Abbot...!?


And remind me about Jaqui Spliffs husband booking hotel porn onto MPs expense account...?


Also... wasn't it Harriet Harman & husband Jack Dromey who were involved in the promotion of 'PIE - The Peadophile Information Exchange'...!?


Oh... also... have you seen this web site that lists the labour sex cases/nonces...!?


www.labour25.com



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Jules on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:04 am

Apt name. So did Fallon fall on his sword or was he pushed?


He played fast and loose with taxpayers' money too, claiming DOUBLE for his mortgage subsidy, this went on for 2 years. When challenged he cited ignorance, the usual excuse.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Finally done an honourable thing after keeping his philandering secret for years.
The first of many. Hopefully.
We need ALLelected representatives to be without blemish.


Apparently he touched Julia Hartley-Brewers knee a couple of times, back in 2002...

So what...?

jocolor

Her  :   That's not my knee  !

Him  :    That's not my finger  !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Finally done an honourable thing after keeping his philandering secret for years.
The first of many. Hopefully.
We need ALLelected representatives to be without blemish.


Apparently he touched Julia Hartley-Brewers knee a couple of times, back in 2002...



So what...?





If every woman on the planet screamed abuse at every single touch/leer/innuendo there'd be no man walking free on this earth.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.

If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Corbyns brownshirt militia, momentum,under orders from comrades Corbyn and mcdonnell  would have made that list up.

Its utter garbage

"inappropriate behaviour" is what half of them are accused of.

What the fuck does that mean??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm

sassy wrote:Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.

If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

Handy with females?   I think when you expect someone to lose their job, you need more specifics.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.

If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

Handy with females?   I think when you expect someone to lose their job, you need more specifics.

I think we need more than specifics, for starters who compiled the list??

I could have made that list up for all we know

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.

If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

Handy with females?   I think when you expect someone to lose their job, you need more specifics.

Doesn't say anything about handy with females. The MP in question is Mike Freer. And oh yes, he would have resigned if there was nothing to it. Like hell he would.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:49 pm

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Handy with females?   I think when you expect someone to lose their job, you need more specifics.

Doesn't say anything about handy with females.   The MP in question is Mike Freer.   And oh yes, he would have resigned if there was nothing to it.   Like hell he would.

What females??

Who

Where

When

How

What.

Its nothing but shit slinging, unsubstantiated labour produced bullshit

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by nicko on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Mr Vaz got away with much more,,They are all at "it" on both sides of the House. Do you agree?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 pm

sassy wrote...

'...Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above...'



lol!



Don't you mean 'on the lies and spin list made up by labour party HQ'...!?


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Oh dear Tommy, keep up, that's the list from THE CONSERVATIVE WHIPS OFFICE and the man in charge of compiling it and using those things against their MPs to keep them in line, IS THE MAN WHO NOW HAS FALLON'S JOB.

See Andy's thread lol


http://www.newsfixboard.com/t22351-a-deeply-disturbing-appointment#430822

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Why has nobody thought of saying "Michael's 'fallon' short"?

Sorry. A little brain fart there.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by nicko on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Sassy, what about Keith Vaz, he should be in nick, but you wont mention him.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:32 pm

nicko wrote:Sassy, what about Keith Vaz,    he should be in nick,  but you wont mention him.

What about Vaz? Should have been chucked out years ago, like Simon Danczuk was, the people keeping him in are the RW of the Labour Party, and that will change soon. At least we didn't have a Whips Office collecting information to keep people in line.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Jules on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:Why has nobody thought of saying "Michael's 'fallon' short"?

Sorry. A little brain fart there.

That's because he himself had already said it.  In the link he said " past behaviour may have ''fallen below the high standards we require". Up here we pronounce fallen as fallon (nearly!)
Like I said his name is apt, under the circs. clown


Last edited by Jules on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 pm

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Handy with females?   I think when you expect someone to lose their job, you need more specifics.

Doesn't say anything about handy with females.   The MP in question is Mike Freer.   And oh yes, he would have resigned if there was nothing to it.   Like hell he would.


my bad...should have read - Handsy with women.   Still a bit vague.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 pm

There was a woman on the Radio today saying that her daughter was on the list and the poor girl has done nothing.  Just works as  a researcher.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Here's a clearer image of the spread sheet.

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 pm

I mean, come on, half of those accusations wouldn't stand up in court.  

Odd sexual penchants?   Handsy with Women?   Likes to have intercourse with men who are wearing women's perfume?   Video exists of three males urinating on him? 

FFS
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Jules on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 pm

sassy wrote:Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.



If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

Personally I was certain that this knee touching allegation was just the tip of the iceberg. I reckon that the reason he has quickly resigned, is to prevent a lot more stuff coming to light. No one would give up all the perks & prestige of being a senior cabinet minister just for a knee touching incident.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Jules on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I mean, come on, half of those accusations wouldn't stand up in court.  

Odd sexual penchants?   Handsy with Women?   Likes to have intercourse with men who are wearing women's perfume?   Video exists of three males urinating on him? 

FFS

They're not in court tho.
Maybe those comments are just warning shots.   - Like when a dog bares his teeth as a preliminary warning, before he starts fighting?
Perhaps the accusers do not want to show their hand too soon.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:53 pm

On Tuesday evening Labour activist Bex Bailey said she had been raped as a 19-year-old at a Labour party even, but when she tried to report it two years later was told not to because it might “damage” her.  Ms Bailey said that she had not reported the attack to the police at the time because she felt “scared” and “ashamed”, and because she feared being the centre of gossip and people not believing her.


Now this is a horrible thing, but it took place in 2011, not a time in history where no support is given if this kind of thing is reported to the police.  She might have had to go through some awful procedures, but then this is what women endure to expose and convict rapists.   There are many brave women who do this, expose and report their rapists at great personal cost...this one?   She put her career first it seems, though she'd have us all believe she was 'scared' and given the 'wrong advice.'   I think that's bull shit, I'm afraid.   I think she made her choices back then, and now with all the publicity around Pestminster, she's hoping for some kudo's and political integrity.   The hypocrisy is outstanding.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Jules wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I mean, come on, half of those accusations wouldn't stand up in court.  

Odd sexual penchants?   Handsy with Women?   Likes to have intercourse with men who are wearing women's perfume?   Video exists of three males urinating on him? 

FFS

They're not in court tho.
Maybe those comments are just warning shots.   - Like when a dog bares his teeth as a preliminary warning, before he starts fighting?
Perhaps the accusers do not want to show their hand too soon.

All this is doing is making the whole thing a travesty.   Women have had to endure shit from men since time immemorial and it's about time it all changed.  But this is now swinging into the absurd.    As a woman who's had her fair share of sexual discrimination, I'd say to these morons...'Stay off my fucking side!'   What's needed here are hard facts and heavy hitting evidence.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Jules wrote:
sassy wrote:Maybe you should read what it says about him on the Whips List above:  Odd sexual penchants and sexual with a fellow MP (then a bit that has been redacted) - a drunk.



If you think he resigned (or was pushed) because of touching a woman's knee 12 years ago, you are all dafter than I thought you were.

Personally I was certain that this knee touching allegation was just the tip of the iceberg. I reckon that the reason he has quickly resigned, is to prevent a lot more stuff coming to light. No one would give up all the perks & prestige of being a senior cabinet minister just for a knee touching incident.

Oh, for sure.   But he's cracking on in years and  probably has a nice fat pension to look forwards too,  bowing out of the limelight is expedient. 

I bet Pestiminster is a veritable nest of vipers, all scurrying away from the light.   But it's also got it's fair share of female wolves who should have given tongue back when it really mattered.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Michael Fallon Quit 'After Making Lewd Comments To Andrea Leadsom'
Leadsom reportedly took a dossier to No 10.

Sir Michael Fallon was forced to quit after being accused of making lewd comments to Andrea Leadsom, it has been reported,

The shamed former Defence Secretary resigned from his post on Wednesday, admitting that his behaviour had “fallen short” in the past.

The Sun reports he told Leader of the House of Commons Leadsom, who complained of cold hands: “I know where you can put them to warm them up.”

It is said Leadsom, who challenged Theresa May for the leadership in 2016, accused Fallon of a series of offensive remarks and took a dossier to No 10, insisting he must go.


Earlier this week, it emerged that Fallon touched radio presented Julia Hartley-Brewer repeatedly on the knee 15 years ago.

Fallon admitted the incident took place but Hartley-Brewer made no complaint and both parties considered the matter closed.

She said Fallon, “repeatedly put his hand on my knee” during a Conservative Party conference dinner.

“I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would ‘punch him in the face’,” she said.“He withdrew his hand and that was the end of the matter.

“I have had no issues since with the man in question and do not regard the incident as anything but mildly amusing.”

Before the Leadsom allegations had emerged, questions had been circulating around Westminster as to why Fallon had offered his resignation.



In a statement, Fallon said on Wednesday: “In recent days allegations have been made about MPs’ conduct, including my own.

“Many of these have been false, but I realise that in the past I have fallen below the high standards that we require of the armed forces, which I have the privilege to represent.”

It is said that Fallon denies the claims.

A source close to Fallon told the Sun: “He categorically denies saying something as appalling as he knows where she could warm her hands.”

Leadsom declined to comment on the story.

It comes as the sleaze scandal continues to sweep through Westminster.

Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins has been suspended from the party ahead of allegations of sexual harassment emerging in a national newspaper.

The Telegraph revealed the veteran MP for Luton North and former membet of Jeremy Corbyn’s frontbench has been accused of sending “inappropriate” text messages and rubbing himself up against a young woman after a political event.


Hopkins did not respond to the allegations when approached by the newspaper, it said. The claims made by Ava Etemadzadeh, who is now 27, go back to 2013.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/michael-fallon-leadsom_uk_59fb97efe4b0b0c7fa391c17


So, Labour has suspended Hopkins, why hasn't May suspended Fallon et al?   Because she is scared about her tiny minority and the fact her pact with the DUP is on it's knees.   It was obvious from the start this had fuck all to do with knee touching, he used that as an excuse hoping the other allegations wouldn't surface.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by nicko on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 am

Sassy, your going to open a "can of worms" if you keep going on about this, Labour are equally guilty of sexual assaults. You can't go on about the Tory's while whitewashing the Labour party.

People will be thinking "pot, kettle, black".
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 am

"Perpetually intoxicated and inappropriate with women"



That's half the male population of the world

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by nicko on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 am

Sassy, what's your reaction to this? Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins has been suspended over allegations he sexually harassed a young co-worker. What do you say about that?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 am

nicko wrote:Sassy, what's your reaction to this? Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins has been suspended over allegations he sexually harassed a young co-worker. What do you say about that?

FGS Nicko, what is your problem. Already said above Labour had suspended him as they should have done, May isn't suspending anyone, as she should, because she is too scared of losing her majority. Sky and Itv covered the fact that was brought up during the HOC debate on abuse yesterday, that not only was she told about abuse by Con Mps 3 times three years ago while she was home secretary, she also, once she became PM, appointed as ministers men who had outstanding cases that had been previously brought to her attention. The BBC conveniently missed out that bit of the debate, so good on sky and itv news for including it.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Didge on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 am

sassy wrote:
nicko wrote:Sassy, what's your reaction to this? Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins has been suspended over allegations he sexually harassed a young co-worker. What do you say about that?

FGS Nicko, what is your problem. Already said above Labour had suspended him as they should have done, May isn't suspending anyone, as she should, because she is too scared of losing her majority.  Sky and Itv covered the fact that was brought up during the HOC debate on abuse yesterday, that not only was she told about abuse by Con Mps 3 times three years ago while she was home secretary, she also, once she became PM, appointed as ministers men who had outstanding cases that had been previously brought to her attention.   The BBC conveniently missed out that bit of the debate, so good on sky and itv news for including it.


So we have a number of sleeze MPs

What is new on that front?

The question to ask is are people actually bothered about how people have been abused or are they using this politically to gain votes for their party?

If the later, then clearly people are not caring for the victims.

There should be a united front against such abuse should there not sassy, no matter any political affilliation?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Jules on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:14 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Corbyns brownshirt militia, momentum,under orders from comrades Corbyn and mcdonnell  would have made that list up.

Its utter garbage

"inappropriate behaviour" is what half of them are accused of.

What the fuck does that mean??

So dismissive!
Btw, your avvy: That VERY constipated look on Trumpee's face goes rather well with the fact that he's sitting on the throne. (You do realise that ''sitting on the throne'' is a polite euphemism for ''being on the toilet'')  ??




------------------------------------------------------------------------

smelly-bandit wrote:"Perpetually intoxicated and inappropriate with women"



That's half the male population of the world

Half? Gosh, what kind of circles do you move in??
I'd say it's nearer to 5% or 10% of the general male population.
The vast majority of men behave with decency and courtesy, I find.
You actually sound quite disrespectful and unfair to men when you say that.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Angry Andy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:39 pm

What's the difference between Stench and a bucket of dog shit?

The bucket.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:39 am


Anyway... is Keith Vaz still diverting charity funds to pay for rent boys and cocaine...!?


And... how long has it been since Corbyn last shagged Dianne Abbot...!?


And remind me about Jaqui Spliffs husband booking hotel porn onto MPs expense account...?


Also... wasn't it Harriet Harman & husband Jack Dromey who were involved in the promotion of 'PIE - The Peadophile Information Exchange'...!?


Oh... also... have you seen this web site that lists the labour sex cases/nonces...!?


www.labour25.com

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 am

Angry Andy wrote:What's  the difference between  Stench and a bucket of dog shit?

The bucket.

good joke

whats the difference between a dead liberal on the road and a dead dog on the road??

there are skid marks before the dog.

cheers

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 am

Has anyone else completely lost track of who touched someone's knee/said something inappropriate/got drunk years ago?

There'll be nobody left in Government or in the entertainment business at this rate.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Angry Andy on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 am

Fair point Raggs. There is a witch hunt on both sides. However, there is clearly some wrongdoings that need to be sorted out. Unfortunately , it requires both decency and honesty to prevail, things that have been in short supply on the HoC for as long as I can remember.
I blames the Whips, too msny nasty bastards  and they hang on to too many secrets for uses as weapons for personal  gain.
Prime example,  Gavin Williamson.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Fair point Raggs. There is a witch hunt on both sides. However, there is clearly some wrongdoings that need to be sorted out. Unfortunately , it requires both decency and honesty to prevail, things that have been in short supply on the HoC for as long as I can remember.
I blames the Whips, too msny nasty bastards  and they hang on to too many secrets for uses as weapons for personal  gain.
Prime example,  Gavin Williamson.

I'm afraid I just turn the page if I see anything like this in the paper these days. I did see that Dustin Hoffman has now been named for something - I'm not sure what. As for politicians, I have no idea who has supposed to have done what. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Fair point Raggs. There is a witch hunt on both sides. However, there is clearly some wrongdoings that need to be sorted out. Unfortunately , it requires both decency and honesty to prevail, things that have been in short supply on the HoC for as long as I can remember.
I blames the Whips, too msny nasty bastards  and they hang on to too many secrets for uses as weapons for personal  gain.
Prime example,  Gavin Williamson.

I'm afraid I just turn the page if I see anything like this in the paper these days. I did see that Dustin Hoffman has now been named for something - I'm not sure what. As for politicians, I have no idea who has supposed to have done what. Laughing

He playfully touched someones bum about 40 years ago and made a few personal remarks to her, she said she 'liked him at the time until she didn't"...which implies she was going along with it till she wasn't....that's very confusing to some men.
When she seriously asked him to stop he apologised and stopped.

Sounds like many men tbh....though now his name has been mentioned no doubt some women will follow suit and complain that he traumatised them decades ago because he said something flippant to them too.  Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by sassy on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:04 pm

FGS I think you will find that the latest news says Anna Soubrey presented evidence of him sexually assaulting someone a few hours before he resigned. I simply can't get my head round the attitude of women on here. No wonder women still have to put up with inappropriate sexual behavior and fear coming forward with views that have been expressed on here by people who should be supporting them. I don't care what profession/party, women should be taken seriously and every allegation investigated.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17523
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 pm


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Syl on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm

sassy wrote:FGS I think you will find that the latest news says Anna Soubrey presented evidence of him sexually assaulting someone a few hours before he resigned.  I simply can't get my head round the attitude of women on here.  No wonder women still have to put up with inappropriate sexual behavior and fear coming forward with views that have been expressed on here by people who should be supporting them.  I don't care what profession/party, women should be taken seriously and every allegation investigated.

It depends what the allegation is.
If 30 or 40 years ago some celeb or politician....or ANY  male assaulted a woman sexually it should be investigated.
If he lightly touched her knee or her arse in a flirty manner, or chatted her up, or did anything that made her feel slightly uncomfortable she should have dealt with it there and then...that's the way women of our era handled things.

Today its different and that's a good thing, different expectations of how people should behave both in the workplace and outside of it.
I believe some women are jumping on the bandwagon, taking the emphasis away from REAL sexual harassment.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:57 pm

sassy wrote:FGS I think you will find that the latest news says Anna Soubrey presented evidence of him sexually assaulting someone a few hours before he resigned.  I simply can't get my head round the attitude of women on here.  No wonder women still have to put up with inappropriate sexual behavior and fear coming forward with views that have been expressed on here by people who should be supporting them.  I don't care what profession/party, women should be taken seriously and every allegation investigated.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm just tired of reading and hearing about stuff that supposedly happened years ago. FFS, if a woman thinks she's been assaulted in some way, she should report it at the time, not years later. She also shouldn't go yapping to the press, she should report it to the proper authorities.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:FGS I think you will find that the latest news says Anna Soubrey presented evidence of him sexually assaulting someone a few hours before he resigned.  I simply can't get my head round the attitude of women on here.  No wonder women still have to put up with inappropriate sexual behavior and fear coming forward with views that have been expressed on here by people who should be supporting them.  I don't care what profession/party, women should be taken seriously and every allegation investigated.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm just tired of reading and hearing about stuff that supposedly happened years ago. FFS, if a woman thinks she's been assaulted in some way, she should report it at the time, not years later.


Great post by Sly, but you are missing the point.

The reality is whether people would have been believed at the time or how women in many cases did not think such harrassment would have been taken seriously at the time. So its easy to understand why many did not report.

The reality is 30/40 years ago women did fear speaking out about such harrasement and abuse. I guess some of this had to do with a fear of losing their jobs. That they would not believed and that by speaking out and not believed they would lose any chance within that field of employment. Thankfully things have changed.

So its poor of you to just knock some who could be genuine in their claims.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Didge on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm


_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4691
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Fallon resigns as Defence Secretary after saying past behaviour may have 'fallen short'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum