Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Pathetic.
How can a man not remember trying to have sex with a child? Even if it was 30 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41799026



"Hollywood star Kevin Spacey has made an apology after being accused of making a sexual advance toward a child actor.
Anthony Rapp, who was 14, said Spacey invited him to a party and seemed drunk when the alleged incident happened.
Spacey, who was 26, said: "I honestly do not remember the encounter... but if I did behave then as he describes I owe him the sincerest apology."

Spacey also revealed he was now living as a gay man after years of refusing to address rumours about his sexuality.
Rapp said he was sharing the story now after the Harvey Weinstein scandal. the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.
"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."
Rapp said he was able to go to the bathroom before he left.

At the time of the alleged incident, Rapp was winning plaudits for his role in the Broadway production of the play Precious Sons. He has since appeared in numerous other theatre, television and film productions.

Responding to the allegation, Spacey said he was "sorry for the feelings [Rapp] describes having carried with him all these years".

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:26 pm

I reckon that's another one who's career has gone down the pan....good.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by magica on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes he serves it too Syl. Now he's saying he's gay as if that excuses his behaviour!

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2085
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:56 pm

He was probably pissed or high at the time.    What I find irritating is that these accusations are not brought out at the time.   Or even a few years later but only come out after the blaze of publicity.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:06 pm

This is nothing but a liberal hate mob feminazi purge.

"he raped me with his eyes?

"err what do you mean raped?"

"he looked in my general direction once, he raped me"

They shouldn't call women the weaker sex, they should them the batshit craziest sex

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by gelico on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:He was probably pissed or high at the time.    What I find irritating is that these accusations are not brought out at the time.   Or even a few years later but only come out after the blaze of publicity.

it's a bit vague

a party held in spacey's flat. did he personally invite this 14 year old to the party?
was this 14 year old there with someone else?
did spacey even know how old he was?
why was the 14 year old in spaceys room sitting on his bed after the party when spacey wasn't even in the room?
he said ''he made sexual advances''. well after a party that may well have happened - spacey said he was pissed and cant remember. i would well believe that

he wasn't in fact raped or abused in any way - what's with the trauma?

gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:This is nothing but a liberal hate mob feminazi purge.

"he raped me with his eyes?

"err what do you mean raped?"

"he looked in my general direction once, he raped me"

They shouldn't call women the weaker sex, they should them the batshit craziest sex

Ah. So you have a real deep dislike for women.
And!
This story isn't even about a woman claimsing sexual assault, so your post is pointless.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32351
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:03 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:This is nothing but a liberal hate mob feminazi purge.

"he raped me with his eyes?

"err what do you mean raped?"

"he looked in my general direction once, he raped me"

They shouldn't call women the weaker sex, they should them the batshit craziest sex

Ah. So you have a real deep dislike for women.
And!
This story isn't even about a woman claimsing sexual assault, so your post is pointless.

I have a dislike for liars and opportunistic vultures, half the people now claiming rape and sexual assault will be lying and using this to boost their flagging careers.

Its just suspicious that suddenly when it's fashionable to be a victim of sexual assault the victims who have stayed silent for so long are now crawling out the woodwork.

Almost like those women trump was supposed to have assaulted but have since turned to smoke

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 pm

No doubt some people do crawl out of the woodwork, at least two claimed Cliff Richards had sexually assaulted them years ago, one was a proven liar and one was a blackmailer, Cliff was not charged with anything, even though his life was made  a misery for over 2 years.

On the other hand many people, and this 14 year old in the OP may be one of them, say nothing at the time because they are so traumatised, believe no one will believe them, have been sexually abused as young children, scared to speak out....many reasons.
When they see others speaking out about historic rapes and abuse, it gives them courage to do the same.

It is sad that many wait decades before they speak, but that doesn't make them any less believable than if they spoke out at the time.
Obviously its harder to prove.....but when someone (like Spacy) apologises, its a knocking bet that he knows damn well how he has acted.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 pm

magica wrote:Yes he serves it too Syl. Now he's saying he's gay as if that excuses his behaviour!

I think everyone knew he was gay anyway..... though I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Remember some years ago when he had been having some dodgy dealings in a park in the middle of the night with some kid....allegedly he was beaten up, he claimed he had been mugged, made a police complaint, then withdrew it and said he had tripped over his dog....he probably meant he tripped up dogging. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:24 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:This is nothing but a liberal hate mob feminazi purge.

"he raped me with his eyes?

"err what do you mean raped?"

"he looked in my general direction once, he raped me"

They shouldn't call women the weaker sex, they should them the batshit craziest sex

No woman was involved. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:06 pm

In 1947, the headmaster of my local Church of England Primary School, Mr Wackford Squeers, patted me on the buttocks as I stooped to pick up a morsel of Spam which was my only meal of the day and which I had carelessly dropped on the floor.

This event has been of deep and worrying concern to me over the past seven decades and in my opinion it has stunted my growth and has led to my current feeling of sexual and moral inadequacy and self loathing.

I now feel that I have no alternative but to make this disgusting and damaging aspect of my life, which resulted in the theft of my childhood and to my present feelings of insecurity, fully public and to seek full redress and compensation from the heirs and successors of the evil Mr Squeers.

I have therefore consulted Messrs Sue, Grabbitt & Runne (no win, no fee, no questions asked) with the intention of pursuing a claim for £1,000,000, a sum which I feel to be eminently reasonable under these distressing and damaging circumstances.

Ps. I would have retained that eminent American counsel Mr Augustus B Quill, PhD (etc., etc.), but he's too bloody expensive; damn good lawyer and toppermost bloke though he may be...

Pps. FFS, when B-list female celebs "out" "A-list" male celebs for having expressed admiration for the firmness of their bosoms 20 years ago and are taken seriously, the whole world has obviouslly gone thoroughly apeshit mad.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:In 1947, the headmaster of my local Church of England Primary School, Mr Wackford Squeers, patted me on the buttocks as I stooped to pick up a morsel of Spam which was my only meal of the day and which I had carelessly dropped on the floor.

This event has been of deep and worrying concern to me over the past seven decades and in my opinion it has stunted my growth and has led to my current feeling of sexual and moral inadequacy and self loathing.

I now feel that I have no alternative but to make this disgusting and damaging aspect of my life, which resulted in the theft of my childhood and to my present feelings of insecurity, fully public and to seek full redress and compensation from the heirs and successors of the evil Mr Squeers.

I have therefore consulted Messrs Sue, Grabbitt & Runne (no win, no fee, no questions asked) with the intention of pursuing a claim for £1,000,000, a sum which I feel to be eminently reasonable under these distressing and damaging circumstances.

Ps. I would have retained that eminent American counsel Mr Augustus B Quill, PhD (etc., etc.), but he's too bloody expensive; damn good lawyer and toppermost bloke though he may be...

Pps. FFS, when B-list female celebs "out" "A-list" male celebs for having expressed admiration for the firmness of their bosoms 20 years ago and are taken seriously, the whole world has obviouslly gone thoroughly apeshit mad.

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection. Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 pm

All I know is if some mature man targeted my son or grandson when they were innocent 14 years olds, physically lifted them up, lay them on a bed, then lay on top of them fiddling about, that man wouldn't be smirking into the camera trying to pretend he didn't know what the fuss was about.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Any one who claims they were "fiddled" with that long ago Man or Woman is after a bit of publicity to revive their flagging career's !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:33 pm

nicko wrote:Any one who claims they were "fiddled" with that long ago Man or Woman   is after a bit of publicity to revive their flagging career's !

If people never spoke out about sexual abuse just because it happened a long time ago....Jimmy Saville would still be thought of as an eccentric do gooder who had a good heart.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by gelico on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Syl wrote:All I know is if some mature man targeted my son or grandson  when they were innocent 14 years olds,  physically lifted them up, lay them on a bed, then lay on top of them fiddling about, that man wouldn't be smirking into the camera trying to pretend he didn't know what the fuss was about.


14 year old lads are not innocent

they are randy little fuckers bursting with spunk hormones



gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by magica on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Syl wrote:
nicko wrote:Any one who claims they were "fiddled" with that long ago Man or Woman   is after a bit of publicity to revive their flagging career's !

If people never spoke out about sexual abuse just because it happened a long time ago....Jimmy Saville would still be thought of as an eccentric do gooder who had a good heart.

I so agree. The business with Savile would never have come out if people hadn't spoken out.

To say he's gay when apologising is an insult to gays.


_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2085
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:02 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

Ah. So you have a real deep dislike for women.
And!
This story isn't even about a woman claimsing sexual assault, so your post is pointless.

I have a dislike for liars and opportunistic vultures, half the people now claiming rape and sexual assault will be lying and using this to boost their flagging careers.

Its just suspicious that suddenly when it's fashionable to be a victim of sexual assault the victims who have stayed silent for so long are now crawling out the woodwork.

Almost like those women trump was supposed to have assaulted but have since turned to smoke

That seems a blatant self-contradiction. Sounds like a cover-up for your homophobia.

BTW what's this doing in the Brit section? I thought Spacey was an American actor.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” KT McFarland to Thomas P. Bossert, Trump's aide.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20850
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm

There's a lot of difference in what Saville did and what
Spacey is alleged to have done !



avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:59 pm

How many leftwing liberal rapists and sexual predators are there??

Seems like a prerequisite to being a liberal is to have raped or sexually abused someone

Fucking disgusting behaviour from those not on the right side of life

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Syl wrote:No doubt some people do crawl out of the woodwork, at least two claimed Cliff Richards had sexually assaulted them years ago, one was a proven liar and one was a blackmailer, Cliff was not charged with anything, even though his life was made  a misery for over 2 years.

On the other hand many people, and this 14 year old in the OP may be one of them, say nothing at the time because they are so traumatised, believe no one will believe them, have been sexually abused as young children, scared to speak out....many reasons.
When they see others speaking out about historic rapes and abuse, it gives them courage to do the same.

It is sad that many wait decades before they speak, but that doesn't make them any less believable than if they spoke out at the time.
Obviously its harder to prove.....but when someone (like Spacy) apologises, its a knocking bet that he knows damn well how he has acted.

He wasn't so traumatised he couldn't go on to remain in a profession rife with this kind of thing.   The majority of people get some kind of 'assault' to their person, be it a pinched bum to a lewd remark.   Spacey didn't take him up the 'Wrong 'un' or defile any orifice as far as we know.   And what the hell was a 14 year old doing at a party with drunken adults?  Where were his parents?  Surely, they are culpable in this?  

When you sell your soul and body, endure in silence any assaults or lewdness, for the sake of a career and the pursuit of fame,  can you really scream victim with any real conviction decades later?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

If people never spoke out about sexual abuse just because it happened a long time ago....Jimmy Saville would still be thought of as an eccentric do gooder who had a good heart.

I so agree. The business with Savile would never have come out if people hadn't spoken out.

To say he's gay when apologising is an insult to gays.


Speaking out when someone is dead is something of a Pyrrhic victory.    Those abused by Savile never really got any absolution or closure because he really got away with it.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:All I know is if some mature man targeted my son or grandson  when they were innocent 14 years olds,  physically lifted them up, lay them on a bed, then lay on top of them fiddling about, that man wouldn't be smirking into the camera trying to pretend he didn't know what the fuss was about.


14 year old lads are not innocent

they are randy little fuckers bursting with spunk hormones



I remember when I was that age.... my 14 year boyfriend strained at the leash like a forty fingered octopus whenever we kissed.   It was only because I was chaste that we didn't fuck like rabbits.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:57 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:How many leftwing liberal rapists and sexual predators are there??

Seems like a prerequisite to being a liberal is to have raped or sexually abused someone

Fucking disgusting behaviour from those not on the right side of life

Then again, how many RW "rapists and sexual predators" are there?  There have been many, many RW politicians put in prison for that, I reckon.  Try former Republican Speaker of the House, Congressman Dennis Hastert, for starters:

New York Times wrote:Chicago--Dennis Hastert, once among the nation’s most powerful politicians, was sentenced on Wednesday to 15 months in prison for illegally structuring bank transactions in an effort to cover up his sexual abuse of young members of a wrestling team he coached decades ago.

In a hearing that was by turns harrowing and revelatory, Mr. Hastert publicly admitted for the first time to abusing his athletes, was confronted in emotional addresses by one of the former wrestlers and the sister of another, and faced a long, scathing rebuke from the judge.

Mr. Hastert, 74, who made an unlikely rise from beloved small-town wrestling coach in Illinois to speaker of the House in Washington, sat slouched in a wheelchair in a federal courtroom here as a judge announced that he was rejecting pleas for probation from Mr. Hastert’s lawyers, as well as prosecutors’ endorsement of a shorter prison stay.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” KT McFarland to Thomas P. Bossert, Trump's aide.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20850
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 am

Have a Green for that post H/T.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by magica on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:29 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
magica wrote:

I so agree. The business with Savile would never have come out if people hadn't spoken out.

To say he's gay when apologising is an insult to gays.


Speaking out when someone is dead is something of a Pyrrhic victory.    Those abused by Savile never really got any absolution or closure because he really got away with it.

Yes shame he wasn't alive to face court. Thing is he would be protected and never gone to court as he would've brought down some really high up, powerful peados.


_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2085
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 am

Oh Dear...this aired in 2005 

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:All I know is if some mature man targeted my son or grandson  when they were innocent 14 years olds,  physically lifted them up, lay them on a bed, then lay on top of them fiddling about, that man wouldn't be smirking into the camera trying to pretend he didn't know what the fuss was about.


14 year old lads are not innocent

they are randy little fuckers bursting with spunk hormones



Some are some aren't, but the point is they are still kids and NO mature adult in their mid 20's should be messing around sexually with them.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm

nicko wrote:There's a lot of difference in what Saville did and what
Spacey is alleged to have done !




The point is if everyone kept quiet just because abuse happened years ago Saville would never have been known to be the monster he was.
He died with his public reputation intact.

The extent to how Spacey has acted in regard to others is yet to be known, he has hinted himself that there are further stories and allegations about him that have so far been covered up.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:


14 year old lads are not innocent

they are randy little fuckers bursting with spunk hormones



I remember when I was that age.... my 14 year boyfriend strained at the leash like a forty fingered octopus whenever we kissed.   It was only because I was chaste that we didn't fuck like rabbits.

You were both 14....big difference.
Spacey was a very worldly 26 year old when this lad was 14. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I have a dislike for liars and opportunistic vultures, half the people now claiming rape and sexual assault will be lying and using this to boost their flagging careers.

Its just suspicious that suddenly when it's fashionable to be a victim of sexual assault the victims who have stayed silent for so long are now crawling out the woodwork.

Almost like those women trump was supposed to have assaulted but have since turned to smoke

That seems a blatant self-contradiction.  Sounds like a cover-up for your homophobia.

BTW what's this doing in the Brit section?  I thought Spacey was an American actor.

I did wonder about that Quill before I posted it in this section...it can be moved if anyone objects..

Its all over the BBC though, and in the British press more today than yesterday.
He did spend a lot of time working here, possibly when he was getting too well known for his private life in the USA he flitted here to escape some of the backlash.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Oh Dear...this aired in 2005 



Wow. How come no one wondered why a tv show would make a specific joke like that?
The Simpsons and Southpark do that too.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32351
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:14 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I remember when I was that age.... my 14 year boyfriend strained at the leash like a forty fingered octopus whenever we kissed.   It was only because I was chaste that we didn't fuck like rabbits.

You were both 14....big difference.
Spacey was a very worldly 26 year old when this lad was 14. Rolling Eyes


Yes, of course.  But that's not the point being made.    Spacey should have known better, but at 14 you're often sexually active in some way and not a totally innocent child.   I'm more concerned about why this man, at 14, was at a party with adults without his parents.  He admits to finding himself totally alone in Spacey's apartment at the end of the night.        Not an excuse for Spacey to try and sleaze his way into the boy's pants, but let's not pretend he was psychologically 'damaged' by this.   He's left it 32 years to spill the beans?  Rapp even wrote a memoir in 2006, but no mention of Spacey's abuse.  

Most people are like...Who is Anthony Rapp?   Which makes you wonder if this was partly a bandwagon jump to boost his career.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Jules on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:

BTW what's this doing in the Brit section?  I thought Spacey was an American actor.

He's a Londoner, permanently resident in London. He's worked in the UK for decades.
I remember reading many years ago that he was promoted to Director of The Old Vic theatre.
A very prestigious role.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Jules on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:03 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

If people never spoke out about sexual abuse just because it happened a long time ago....Jimmy Saville would still be thought of as an eccentric do gooder who had a good heart.

I so agree. The business with Savile would never have come out if people hadn't spoken out.


To say he's gay when apologising is an insult to gays.

Yes the gay community is furious with him for seemingly using his gayness almost as an excuse for his behaviour.
Plus they must be irritated that for so long, he's been in the closet about his sexuality.

Then suddenly he reveals his sexuality, to deflect attention from the accusations.
Most people already worked out all by themselves, from day one, that he's gay. 
No need for a grand announcement!

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Jules on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Easy to believe that he forgot all about the incident tho. He's not necessary lying.

If he was drunk & stoned at the party (very likely) then of course he's likely to forget what happened.

_________________
Smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:In 1947, the headmaster of my local Church of England Primary School, Mr Wackford Squeers, patted me on the buttocks as I stooped to pick up a morsel of Spam which was my only meal of the day and which I had carelessly dropped on the floor.

This event has been of deep and worrying concern to me over the past seven decades and in my opinion it has stunted my growth and has led to my current feeling of sexual and moral inadequacy and self loathing.

I now feel that I have no alternative but to make this disgusting and damaging aspect of my life, which resulted in the theft of my childhood and to my present feelings of insecurity, fully public and to seek full redress and compensation from the heirs and successors of the evil Mr Squeers.

I have therefore consulted Messrs Sue, Grabbitt & Runne (no win, no fee, no questions asked) with the intention of pursuing a claim for £1,000,000, a sum which I feel to be eminently reasonable under these distressing and damaging circumstances.

Ps. I would have retained that eminent American counsel Mr Augustus B Quill, PhD (etc., etc.), but he's too bloody expensive; damn good lawyer and toppermost bloke though he may be...

Pps. FFS, when B-list female celebs "out" "A-list" male celebs for having expressed admiration for the firmness of their bosoms 20 years ago and are taken seriously, the whole world has obviouslly gone thoroughly apeshit mad.

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection.  Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

My post was simply to illustrate how this whole issue is turning into an hysterical feeding-frenzy by attention-seeking minor "celebrities", aspiring football stars, wannabe politicians etc., all desperate to claim their own little part of this fashionable and headline-grabbing "me too" trend.

All it is doing is detracting and diverting attention from those truly serious cases that most definitely need pursuing by the police and courts, which already have a big enough job in determining just who are genuine criminals who should be punished to the full extent of the law; who are the genuine victims who deserve redress... and who are the serial liars, blackmailers and fantasists such as those who have already ruined the lives and traduced the reputations of victims such as Sir Cliff Richard and one of Britains's most famous and honourable soldiers, Field Marshall Lord Bramhall.

We are now, in my opinion, dangerously close to trial not by the due processes of law, but by Press, radio and television.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Well said Fred !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection.  Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

My post was simply to illustrate how this whole issue is turning into an hysterical feeding-frenzy by attention-seeking minor "celebrities", aspiring football stars, wannabe politicians etc., all desperate to claim their own little part of this fashionable and headline-grabbing "me too" trend.

All it is doing is detracting and diverting attention from those truly serious cases that most definitely need pursuing by the police and courts, which already have a big enough job in determining just who are genuine criminals who should be punished to the full extent of the law; who are the genuine victims who deserve redress... and who are the serial liars, blackmailers and fantasists such as those who have already ruined the lives and traduced the reputations of victims such as Sir Cliff Richard and one of Britains's most famous and honourable soldiers, Field Marshall Lord Bramhall.

We are now, in my opinion, dangerously close to trial not by the due processes of law, but by Press, radio and television.

It's nothing but a purge and a witch hunt

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:43 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Oh Dear...this aired in 2005 



Wow. How come no one wondered why a tv show would make a specific joke like that?
The Simpsons and Southpark do that too.

I know eddie, I've seen quite a few bits and pieces in scripts from before that have then turned out to be true

gelico

Posts : 709
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Spacey may be another person of power who has used his position and prestige to sexually abuse people for decades.

I'm not struck on the victim blaming that goes on everytime yet another 'celebrity' is outed as being a paedo and a pervert.

No wonder so many people wait years before they speak out, and I wonder how many never find that courage?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:58 pm

nicko wrote:Well said Fred !

Nicko, would you feel the same if it had been a 14 year old girl who was sexually molested by a 26 year old man?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:In 1947, the headmaster of my local Church of England Primary School, Mr Wackford Squeers, patted me on the buttocks as I stooped to pick up a morsel of Spam which was my only meal of the day and which I had carelessly dropped on the floor.

This event has been of deep and worrying concern to me over the past seven decades and in my opinion it has stunted my growth and has led to my current feeling of sexual and moral inadequacy and self loathing.

I now feel that I have no alternative but to make this disgusting and damaging aspect of my life, which resulted in the theft of my childhood and to my present feelings of insecurity, fully public and to seek full redress and compensation from the heirs and successors of the evil Mr Squeers.

I have therefore consulted Messrs Sue, Grabbitt & Runne (no win, no fee, no questions asked) with the intention of pursuing a claim for £1,000,000, a sum which I feel to be eminently reasonable under these distressing and damaging circumstances.

Ps. I would have retained that eminent American counsel Mr Augustus B Quill, PhD (etc., etc.), but he's too bloody expensive; damn good lawyer and toppermost bloke though he may be...

Pps. FFS, when B-list female celebs "out" "A-list" male celebs for having expressed admiration for the firmness of their bosoms 20 years ago and are taken seriously, the whole world has obviouslly gone thoroughly apeshit mad.

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection.  Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

Why would he be totally alone in Spacey's bedroom?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection.  Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

My post was simply to illustrate how this whole issue is turning into an hysterical feeding-frenzy by attention-seeking minor "celebrities", aspiring football stars, wannabe politicians etc., all desperate to claim their own little part of this fashionable and headline-grabbing "me too" trend.

All it is doing is detracting and diverting attention from those truly serious cases that most definitely need pursuing by the police and courts, which already have a big enough job in determining just who are genuine criminals who should be punished to the full extent of the law; who are the genuine victims who deserve redress... and who are the serial liars, blackmailers and fantasists such as those who have already ruined the lives and traduced the reputations of victims such as Sir Cliff Richard and one of Britains's most famous and honourable soldiers, Field Marshall Lord Bramhall.

We are now, in my opinion, dangerously close to trial not by the due processes of law, but by Press, radio and television.

On the other hand, if you haven't tried to have sex with children, the chances are you wont be in the position he now finds himself in.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

My post was simply to illustrate how this whole issue is turning into an hysterical feeding-frenzy by attention-seeking minor "celebrities", aspiring football stars, wannabe politicians etc., all desperate to claim their own little part of this fashionable and headline-grabbing "me too" trend.

All it is doing is detracting and diverting attention from those truly serious cases that most definitely need pursuing by the police and courts, which already have a big enough job in determining just who are genuine criminals who should be punished to the full extent of the law; who are the genuine victims who deserve redress... and who are the serial liars, blackmailers and fantasists such as those who have already ruined the lives and traduced the reputations of victims such as Sir Cliff Richard and one of Britains's most famous and honourable soldiers, Field Marshall Lord Bramhall.

We are now, in my opinion, dangerously close to trial not by the due processes of law, but by Press, radio and television.

On the other hand, if you haven't tried to have sex with children, the chances are you wont be in the position he now finds himself in.

Did he try to have sex though?   Or was he being drunkenly lewd and inappropriate?   Was there attempted rape?   Were the boy's clothes torn off, or did he touch his genitals?   According to his own testimony, Spacey picked him up then lay on top of him.  Then he got up and left the bedroom and Spacey didn't pursue him.  No witnesses.

I think Spacey was totally wrong if this is true, but I also think that one has to get some perspective on this in the light of how much time has passed since the alleged incident.   You have to be able to prove this kind of thing after so much time, and not just open it up for any Tom, Dick and Harriet to scream rape.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Razz

Mr Spacey did a bit more than your Mr Wackford Squeers though..." the 46-year-old Star Trek: Discovery actor said he was sitting on the edge of a bed after the party - held in Spacey's apartment in 1986 - when Oscar-winning Spacey, now 58, came into the bedroom.

"He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me," Rapp said.
"He was trying to seduce me... I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually."


What I find odd is that Spacey chooses to announce he is gay at the exact same time he apologises for sexually abusing this boy 30 years ago....as if there is some connection.  Or did he hope to distract from the story by offering the other none story as some kind of bait?.

Why would he be totally alone in Spacey's bedroom?

According to reports there had been a party at Spaceys house.
The 14 year old attended, it's not clear who he was with in the reports I read.
He was bored, went to watch TV in Spaceys bedroom, when Spacey appeared the lad realised everyone else had gone home...that's when the advances were made. Rapp said he made an excuse to leave, Spacey tried to persuade him not to...he left...that was it...that's all the info that's been given.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That seems a blatant self-contradiction.  Sounds like a cover-up for your homophobia.

BTW what's this doing in the Brit section?  I thought Spacey was an American actor.

I did wonder about that Quill before I posted it in this section...it can be moved if anyone objects..

Its all over the BBC though, and in the British press more today than yesterday.
He did spend a lot of time working here, possibly when he was getting too well known for his private life in the USA he flitted here to escape some of the backlash.

I have no problem with such technicalities. It's only a problem if you can't remember where the thread was, and begin looking by being logical. But the thread is so active that it can't be lost.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” KT McFarland to Thomas P. Bossert, Trump's aide.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20850
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why would he be totally alone in Spacey's bedroom?

According to reports there had been a party at Spaceys house.
The 14 year old attended, it's not clear who he was with in the reports I read.
He was bored, went to watch TV in Spaceys bedroom, when Spacey appeared the lad realised everyone else had gone home...that's when the advances were made. Rapp said he made an excuse to leave, Spacey tried to persuade him not to...he left...that was it...that's all the info that's been given.

First, it's only 'attempted assault' at best.  Even that is suspect...there's no indication of use or force, and everyone agrees that the young man was free to leave.  It was all talk.  Hardly a Harvey Weinstein.

Second, the statute of limitations has long past.

Apparently Spacey has lost his job. House of Cards has been cancelled.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” KT McFarland to Thomas P. Bossert, Trump's aide.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20850
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:24 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

On the other hand, if you haven't tried to have sex with children, the chances are you wont be in the position he now finds himself in.

Did he try to have sex though?   Or was he being drunkenly lewd and inappropriate?   Was there attempted rape?   Were the boy's clothes torn off, or did he touch his genitals?   According to his own testimony, Spacey picked him up then lay on top of him.  Then he got up and left the bedroom and Spacey didn't pursue him.  No witnesses.

I think Spacey was totally wrong if this is true, but I also think that one has to get some perspective on this in the light of how much time has passed since the alleged incident.   You have to be able to prove this kind of thing after so much time, and not just open it up for any Tom, Dick and Harriet to scream rape.

According to Rapp he was trying to have sex, its in the statement he made.
Spacey probably cant remember because he has acted like this throughout his life....wonder how many will be speaking out now?

I agree that some people will find an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and claim they were assaulted once back in the day....its not easy sorting out the genuine from the bogus in any historic case.

This man is believed though, Spacey has apologised, his series 'House of cards' is being axed, he wont get the Emmy award he was lined up for, and no doubt his other projects will be pulled before long.

Amazing how quick the industry acts when one of their own is named and shamed....even though no doubt the people with power knew all about him decades ago. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Actor Kevin Spacey apologises for sexually assaulting a 14 year old...but he cant remember doing it.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum