Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:45 am

Lancashire became the first council to ban unstunned halal meat in school dinners.

After a bitter and impassioned debate which ran on for hours on Thursday afternoon, the Conservative-controlled council voted for the ban.

The campaign was fought between council leader Geoff Driver and part of the the local Muslim community.

In 2012, the council briefly stopped supplying halal meat to local schools over a production issue, but after children boycotted their school dinners, the unstunned meat was reinstated.

The council currently supplies 27 schools across the county with unstunned halal meat. According to research by the National Secular Society, four other local authorities use unstunned meat - Leeds, Bradford, Leicester, and Telford and Wrekin.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals advises slaughterhouses stun animals first, to reduce unnecessary suffering. However, the local Muslim community is sceptical about the charity’s guidance.

Abdul Qureshi, acting CEO of the Lancashire Council of Mosques, was advocating children boycott their school lunches if the vote went against him. He told The Telegraph: “[The RSPCA’s guidance] is most of the time based on feelings, it's not scientifically conclusive.”

The RSPCA hit back at his claims. A spokesperson told The Telegraph: “ I utterly, completely refuse to cede that's where our views come from. Ourselves, the British Veterinary Association and the Humane Slaughter Association signed a joint statement saying the only humane way to kill an animal is to stun it.

"There is countless scientific evidence showing that when an animal has its neck cut it feels quite considerable pain.

"The farm animal welfare council is of the opinion that the only humane way to kill an animal to stun it.

"You take New Zealand - everything is pre-stunned there, and it's all Halal, it's exported to countries in the Middle East and they all accept that it is Halal.

“We, for animal welfare reasons, would be quite happy if unstunned meat was banned across the UK.”


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/26/halal-meat-row-lancashire-council-becomes-first-ban-unstunned/

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by magica on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:35 pm

I think halal meat is so cruel to animals. I'm glad its banned.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Who the fuck "redded" that?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:56 pm

Who the fuck "redded" that?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm

If they have any guts they will own up !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by magica on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Don't worry Nicko, I can have a red stripe to match the posters red face Laughing

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:39 pm

nicko wrote:If they have any guts they will own up !

I gave her a green, but lets be fair here, in that we are all hypocrites on the sanctioned and unsanctioned of taking lives.

Stunning an animal is still initially painful. Try having an electric shot and tell me otherwise, but we put these thoughts aside because many of us eat meat.

You hunt, which I have no objection to and no matter how good a shot you are. There is always a chance you will not achieve a perfect shot and kill is there not? That the animal will be wounded and in pain

I am glad the council has taken a stance to make the killing of animals less painful with stunning, but lets face it the whole industry is catering for one need. The need of humans.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by magica on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:41 pm

I so agree Didge. Have a green






Edited because the tablet changed Didges name.


Last edited by magica on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2088
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:54 pm

magica wrote:I so agree Did he. Have a green


Thanks Magica

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by eddie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Isn't it halal also, because the meat has been prayed over? It's not just about the way it's killed.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 pm

eddie wrote:Isn't it halal also, because the meat has been prayed over? It's not just about the way it's killed.


Its about the humane way to kill animals

What is being argued is over stunning and yet many other countries that have such laws on stunnning. Like New Zealand. If many Muslims stun, then there is no reason why others cannot do the same, and this goes the same with Kosher

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Slaughter of large animals

Stunning


  • Penetrating captive bolt - used on cattle, sheep and some pigs. A gun fires a metal bolt into the brain of the animal causing the animal to lose consciousness immediately.
  • Electrical - used on sheep, calves and pigs. An electrical current is passed through the animal’s brain via a large pair of tongs, causing temporary loss of consciousness. Some systems also pass the current through the heart, so the animal is not just stunned but also killed.
  • Gas stunning/killing - of pigs involves the use of gas mixtures. Pigs are exposed to high concentrations of gas (currently carbon dioxide).

Slaughter of poultry

Electrical stunning


  • Birds are hung upside down by their legs on metal shackles along a moving conveyor belt. 
  • They move along the production line to a stunning water bath; when the bird’s head makes contact with the water, an electrical circuit between the water bath and shackle is completed, which stuns the bird. 
  • The conveyor belt then moves the birds to a mechanical neck cutter, which cuts the major blood vessels in the neck.

Controlled Atmosphere Systems


  • Many chickens, hens and turkeys are now killed using gas. 
  • Birds remain in their transport crates and are placed into a gas chamber where they are exposed to mixtures of air and gas, until dead. 
  • This method avoids the need to handle and 'shackle' live birds, so has some welfare advantages. 
  • UK law states that animals must be killed, not just stunned, using this method.

Religious slaughter

Slaughter without pre-stunning (for religious purposes)

We're opposed to the slaughter of any animal without first ensuring it is rendered insensible to pain and distress.
We recognise that religious beliefs and practices should be respected. However, we also believe animals should be slaughtered under the most humane conditions possible. Evidence clearly indicates that slaughter without pre-stunning can cause unnecessary suffering.

What is religious slaughter?

In the UK, Jewish and Muslim communities are exempt from legal requirements to stun animals before slaughter. Shechita (Jewish) and Halal (Muslim) slaughter methods involve cutting the animal’s throat with a very sharp knife, often without pre-stunning. There are different interpretations of the religious laws on slaughter within both communities.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) animal welfare survey undertaken in abattoirs across Great Britain during one week in September 2013 showed around 84 per cent of animals slaughtered by the Halal method were stunned before slaughter.

Key welfare issues of slaughter without pre-stunning

The Farm Animal Welfare Council (now Committee) (FAWC) report on the ‘Welfare of Farmed Animals at Slaughter or Killing’ June 2003 concluded:

  • The level of restraint of conscious animals required for slaughter without pre-stunning was far greater than for conventional slaughter.  
  • A large cut made across the neck of a conscious animal would “result in very significant pain and distress” before the animal loses consciousness (around 5 to 7 seconds for sheep, 22 to 40 seconds for adult cattle).  
  • “Slaughter without pre-stunning is unacceptable and that the Government should repeal the current exemption”. Until then any animal not stunned before slaughter should receive an immediate post-cut stun.

What is the RSPCA doing?

We’re pressing for law changes to improve animal welfare at slaughter. Until this occurs, we propose:

  • UK Jewish and Muslim communities review their slaughter practices  
  • Meat produced from animals not stunned before slaughter should be clearly labelled to allow consumer choice.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:44 am

I worked in a slaughterhouse, SHEEP AND COWS hung up by one leg, as they pass along a line their throats are cut by a man who utters a few words, [sometimes] and a bit further on their Stomachs are cut open and their Guts spill out, and they are STILL ALIVE, it's frankly horrific.!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 am

I think worshippers of Muhammad and his qur'an protest about the stunning first issue because they just like slitting the throats of living creatures and bathing in the shower in a blood crazed stupor to their blood God while the poor things squeal in pain and terror

Stunning would be humane and the worshippers of Muhammad and his qur'an have no humanity

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:22 am

nicko wrote:I worked in a slaughterhouse,   SHEEP AND COWS hung up by one leg, as they pass along a line their throats are cut by a man who utters a few words,  [sometimes]  and a bit further on their Stomachs are cut open and their Guts spill out,   and they are STILL ALIVE,  it's frankly horrific.!


Sounds appalling mate.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 am

Didge wrote:
nicko wrote:I worked in a slaughterhouse,   SHEEP AND COWS hung up by one leg, as they pass along a line their throats are cut by a man who utters a few words,  [sometimes]  and a bit further on their Stomachs are cut open and their Guts spill out,   and they are STILL ALIVE,  it's frankly horrific.!


Sounds appalling mate.

Wasn't that long ago you where screeching about me being a bigot and islamophobe when I opposed halal.

You used to agree with SM when she was eating about how humane halal was.

Another thing you're wrong about

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:36 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


Sounds appalling mate.

Wasn't that long ago you where screeching about me being a bigot and islamophobe when I opposed halal.

You used to agree with SM when she was eating about how humane halal was.

Another thing you're wrong about


Never made any such claim

Now you are really making things up

Anyway, you must also be against Kosher slaughter as well then smelly, yes?

Lets change your words and see if you agree with your own statement if i change the word Muslim to Jew?

smelly-bandit wrote:I think worshippers of the Jewish Prophets and their Torah protest about the stunning first issue because they just like slitting the throats of living creatures and bathing in the shower in a blood crazed stupor to their blood God while the poor things squeal in pain and terror

Stunning would be humane and the worshippers of Jewish Prophets and their Torah have no humanity

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Wasn't that long ago you where screeching about me being a bigot and islamophobe when I opposed halal.

You used to agree with SM when she was eating about how humane halal was.

Another thing you're wrong about


Never made any such claim

Now you are really making things up

Anyway, you must also be against Kosher slaughter as well then smelly, yes?

Lets change your words and see if you agree with your own statement if i change the word Muslim to Jew?

smelly-bandit wrote:I think worshippers of the Jewish Prophets and their Torah protest about the stunning first issue because they just like slitting the throats of living creatures and bathing in the shower in a blood crazed stupor to their blood God while the poor things squeal in pain and terror

Stunning would be humane and the worshippers of Jewish Prophets and their Torah have no humanity

The Muhammadans are devils.

They slaughter innocent life and sacrifice it to their demon God Allah, human sacrifice I'm Syria and Iraq, animals sacrifice in the West.

Disgusting that you support this didge

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


Never made any such claim

Now you are really making things up

Anyway, you must also be against Kosher slaughter as well then smelly, yes?

Lets change your words and see if you agree with your own statement if i change the word Muslim to Jew?



The Muhammadans are devils.

They slaughter innocent life and sacrifice it to their demon God Allah, human sacrifice I'm Syria and Iraq, animals sacrifice in the West.

Disgusting that you support this didge

Devils?

So you invoke further myths.

Like i said evening stunning is not humane. Neither is Halal or Kosher slaughter.

If you eat meat, you are an utter hypocrite like me as its not just the killing but the butcher factories of animals

Do you know what Herem is smelly?

Its in your own bible.

Hence why I think the Abrahamic religions are barbaric

Thankfully most do not follow their faiths literally, as many have embraced secularism, equality and enlightenment.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

The Muhammadans are devils.

They slaughter innocent life and sacrifice it to their demon God Allah, human sacrifice I'm Syria and Iraq, animals sacrifice in the West.

Disgusting that you support this didge

Devils?

So you invoke further myths.

Like i said evening stunning is not humane. Neither is Halal or Kosher slaughter.

If you eat meat, you are an utter hypocrite like me as its not just the killing but the butcher factories of animals

Do you know what Herem is smelly?

Its in your own bible.

Hence why I think the Abrahamic religions are barbaric

Thankfully most do not follow their faiths literally, as many have embraced secularism, equality and enlightenment.

Nothing wrong with kosher, it's perfectly humane

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Devils?

So you invoke further myths.

Like i said evening stunning is not humane. Neither is Halal or Kosher slaughter.

If you eat meat, you are an utter hypocrite like me as its not just the killing but the butcher factories of animals

Do you know what Herem is smelly?

Its in your own bible.

Hence why I think the Abrahamic religions are barbaric

Thankfully most do not follow their faiths literally, as many have embraced secularism, equality and enlightenment.

Nothing wrong with kosher, it's perfectly humane


So you do admit to being a hypocrite

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:12 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Devils?

So you invoke further myths.

Like i said evening stunning is not humane. Neither is Halal or Kosher slaughter.

If you eat meat, you are an utter hypocrite like me as its not just the killing but the butcher factories of animals

Do you know what Herem is smelly?

Its in your own bible.

Hence why I think the Abrahamic religions are barbaric

Thankfully most do not follow their faiths literally, as many have embraced secularism, equality and enlightenment.

Nothing wrong with kosher, it's perfectly humane

Rolling Eyes

More outright lying bullshit from SmellyRacistFascistBum....

Once again proving he knows not of what he preaches..

Simply calling Smelly a hypocrite is being much too kind to the fearmongering little microbe.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Nothing wrong with kosher, it's perfectly humane


So you do admit to being a hypocrite

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:53 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


So you do admit to being a hypocrite

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven


So you are utterly stupid as well as being a hypocrite then

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven


So you are utterly stupid as well as being a hypocrite then

ban all halaal meat

it is nothing but savagery

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:41 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


So you do admit to being a hypocrite

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven

Kosher slaughter is humane how, exactly?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:39 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:


So you are utterly stupid as well as being a hypocrite then

ban all halaal meat

it is nothing but savagery

Even when its stunned, as it is in places like New Zealand?

Seems to me your objection has nothing to do with the plight of the animals themselves.

Its more about your distain towards Islam. Which renders your reasoning a complete double standard.

Like Horatio says, how is Kosher slaughter any difference, when there is no stunning involved?

You speak of savagery. The man who told me he hopes for civil war within Spain?

Seriously, how fucked up are you?

I seriously do wonder if you are suffering post traumatic stress and not from your time in the Royal Marines either.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:33 am

nicko wrote:If they have any guts they will own up !

I gave it another red, because it is bullshit

New Zealand and Australian Halal meat is Stunned and passes higher animal welfare standards than British Normal slaughter.

Halal is not the issue, Non-stunned is the issue.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Wasn't that long ago you where screeching about me being a bigot and islamophobe when I opposed halal.

You used to agree with SM when she was eating about how humane halal was.

Another thing you're wrong about


Never made any such claim

Now you are really making things up

Anyway, you must also be against Kosher slaughter as well then smelly, yes?

Lets change your words and see if you agree with your own statement if i change the word Muslim to Jew?

smelly-bandit wrote:I think worshippers of the Jewish Prophets and their Torah protest about the stunning first issue because they just like slitting the throats of living creatures and bathing in the shower in a blood crazed stupor to their blood God while the poor things squeal in pain and terror

Stunning would be humane and the worshippers of Jewish Prophets and their Torah have no humanity

The Muhammadans are devils.

They slaughter innocent life and sacrifice it to their demon God Allah, human sacrifice I'm Syria and Iraq, animals sacrifice in the West.

Disgusting that you support this didge

Consider this an Official warning, continue to post this sort of ridiculous intolerance and you will be banned.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:If they have any guts they will own up !

I gave it another red, because it is bullshit

New Zealand and Australian Halal meat is Stunned and passes higher animal welfare standards than British Normal slaughter.

Halal is not the issue, Non-stunned is the issue.


Which Halal and kosher in this country is generally not stunned.

She was right to say halal and kosher slaughter is cruel, its only because of laws in New Zealand, that they have to pre-stun. Otherwise they would not do so.

So to give her a red for being right, was uttlery idiotic

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 am

Halal Can be stunned, so she is wrong.

just between Australia and new Zealand is 15% to 20% of Global Halal meat production.
(Brazil being the biggest producer at almost 40%)

And you could get stunned Halal meat in the UK, which they where using and that was being protested. so YOU are wrong on all accounts.

If you had something interesting to debate cause you had any knowledge on the topic you'd know that Pre-Stunning is debated in Muslim community with the Majority finding it acceptable to pre-stun animals before slaughter.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:11 am

Have you ever been in a Slaughter House Veya? NO you haven't ! Go walk around one,especially a Muslim one, you'll never eat meat again !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:21 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

The Muhammadans are devils.

They slaughter innocent life and sacrifice it to their demon God Allah, human sacrifice I'm Syria and Iraq, animals sacrifice in the West.

Disgusting that you support this didge

Consider this an Official warning, continue to post this sort of ridiculous intolerance and you will  be banned.

SIR YES SIR!!!!!!!!!!

THREE BAGS FULL SiR!!!!!!!!!!!

seems the truth is out of fashion these days

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:Halal Can be stunned, so she is wrong.

just between Australia and new Zealand is 15% to 20% of Global Halal meat production.
(Brazil being the biggest producer at almost 40%)

And you could get stunned Halal meat in the UK, which they where using and that was being protested. so YOU are wrong on all accounts.

If you had something interesting to debate cause you had any knowledge on the topic you'd know that Pre-Stunning is debated in Muslim community with the Majority finding it acceptable to pre-stun animals before slaughter.


You really and quite the dummy.

Again is only because of said laws, that they have to be in said countries.
This is why its pointless debating such an ignorant twat as you.

So if its debated, then its not agreed on and thus is only something recent.

And only because of Laws within certain countries.

The practice of Halal has nothing in Islam to say it should be stunned you thick twat

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven

Kosher slaughter is humane how, exactly?

Sorry I can't answer you veya has threatened to be ban me if I express my opinion on this issue.

I'll pm you if you want??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:
nicko wrote:If they have any guts they will own up !

I gave it another red, because it is bullshit

New Zealand and Australian Halal meat is Stunned and passes higher animal welfare standards than British Normal slaughter.

Halal is not the issue, Non-stunned is the issue.

Nail on head.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 am

It's Not nail on head Eddie, It's total bullshit by a boy who's never been to a British Slaughter House !!!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8640
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 am

nicko wrote:It's Not nail on head Eddie,   It's total bullshit by a boy who's never been to a British Slaughter House !!!

SO you admit the problem is in British slaughter houses.
Which should enforce a pre-stun policy

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

err no.

halaal is a brutal deliberately painful way of needlessly slaughtering men and beasts to the glory of the blood god Allah

kosher is a humane ritualistic way of killing animals where jews merely give thanks for the gift of meat given to them by him in heaven

Kosher slaughter is humane how, exactly?

Sorry I can't answer you veya has threatened to be ban me if I express my opinion on this issue.

I'll pm you if you want??

No, I will ban you if you continue to call one and half billion Muslims devils Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am

nicko wrote:Have you ever been in a Slaughter House Veya?  NO you haven't !  Go walk around one,especially a Muslim one, you'll never eat meat again !

Yes I have, my father worked in a Chicken slaughter house when i was little and did take me to work.
My grandparents raised and killed their own rabbits which I watched them skin.

But that is sort of the point, No slaughter house is particularly nice Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Kosher slaughter is humane how, exactly?

Sorry I can't answer you veya has threatened to be ban me if I express my opinion on this issue.

I'll pm you if you want??


Veya has threatened to ban you for being inflammatory about Muslims.   For someone who claims to be so intelligent etc, you sure do have some ignorant bigoted views.    I'm not a particular fan of Islam or any religion but tarring everyone with the same brush is just stupid.  There are devils everywhere.  Including on forums.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:Halal Can be stunned, so she is wrong.

just between Australia and new Zealand is 15% to 20% of Global Halal meat production.
(Brazil being the biggest producer at almost 40%)

And you could get stunned Halal meat in the UK, which they where using and that was being protested. so YOU are wrong on all accounts.

If you had something interesting to debate cause you had any knowledge on the topic you'd know that Pre-Stunning is debated in Muslim community with the Majority finding it acceptable to pre-stun animals before slaughter.


Halal can be stunned, but not Kosher....apparently.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:18 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Halal Can be stunned, so she is wrong.

just between Australia and new Zealand is 15% to 20% of Global Halal meat production.
(Brazil being the biggest producer at almost 40%)

And you could get stunned Halal meat in the UK, which they where using and that was being protested. so YOU are wrong on all accounts.

If you had something interesting to debate cause you had any knowledge on the topic you'd know that Pre-Stunning is debated in Muslim community with the Majority finding it acceptable to pre-stun animals before slaughter.


You really and quite the dummy.

Again is only because of said laws, that they have to be in said countries.
This is why its pointless debating such an ignorant twat as you.

So if its debated, then its not agreed on and thus is only something recent.

And only because of Laws within certain countries.

The practice of Halal has nothing in Islam to say it should be stunned
you thick twat


so we agree
the laws of the land should be that pre-stunning is required
and Halal or kosher can meet that requirement

thus the issue is not halal but pre-stunning tongue tongue tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16406
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Didge on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:


You really and quite the dummy.

Again is only because of said laws, that they have to be in said countries.
This is why its pointless debating such an ignorant twat as you.

So if its debated, then its not agreed on and thus is only something recent.

And only because of Laws within certain countries.

The practice of Halal has nothing in Islam to say it should be stunned
you thick twat


so we agree
the laws of the land should be that pre-stunning is required
and Halal or kosher can meet that requirement

thus the issue is not halal but pre-stunning  tongue  tongue  tongue


But many do not in this country and hence why you then agree such places that practice no stunning should be banned.

Correct?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Sorry I can't answer you veya has threatened to be ban me if I express my opinion on this issue.

I'll pm you if you want??


Veya has threatened to ban you for being inflammatory about Muslims.   For someone who claims to be so intelligent etc, you sure do have some ignorant bigoted views.    I'm not a particular fan of Islam or any religion but tarring everyone with the same brush is just stupid.  There are devils everywhere.  Including on forums.

Teacher's pet

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:


Veya has threatened to ban you for being inflammatory about Muslims.   For someone who claims to be so intelligent etc, you sure do have some ignorant bigoted views.    I'm not a particular fan of Islam or any religion but tarring everyone with the same brush is just stupid.  There are devils everywhere.  Including on forums.

Teacher's pet


Preaching shit.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:58 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Sorry I can't answer you veya has threatened to be ban me if I express my opinion on this issue.

I'll pm you if you want??


Veya has threatened to ban you for being inflammatory about Muslims.   For someone who claims to be so intelligent etc, you sure do have some ignorant bigoted views.    I'm not a particular fan of Islam or any religion but tarring everyone with the same brush is just stupid.  There are devils everywhere.  Including on forums.

Teacher's pet

Woman-hater.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:03 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Teacher's pet

Woman-hater.

LOL

Mens lives matter

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Teacher's pet

Woman-hater.

LOL

Mens lives matter

But only if they're white males, huh?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:33 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

LOL

Mens lives matter

But only if they're white males, huh?

No Not only white males eddie, don't be so racist

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3623
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halal meat row as Lancashire council becomes first to ban unstunned meat from all school meals

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum