The depths of hypocrisy/lies/spin of the USA democrats knows no bounds

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The depths of hypocrisy/lies/spin of the USA democrats knows no bounds

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:36 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/fusion-gps-clinton-campaign/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41752908

Oh dear indeed...!!!

The Clinton democrats pay a company to produce a load of smear stories against another presidential election candidate (namely Trump)... collated with the paid help of a foreigner (allegedly a former British intelligence officer), and from information he allegedly got from Russian secret service/intelligence officers...

While also constantly crying about 'Russian meddling' in election... and how wrong it is for any foreigners to be involved in trying to influence the election in any way...!!!

lol!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The depths of hypocrisy/lies/spin of the USA democrats knows no bounds

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Leftwing liberal scum, send them to the gulag

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:39 am

1) A British guy compiled this dossier -- one of your best spies, of whom you should be quite proud. He didn't do it as a representative of the British government (which is the U.S.'s strongest ally, rather than a hostile nation, aka Russia). He was initially hired by a Republican to do this, and Clinton continued to pay him because he was getting some good stuff -- much of which has already been verified by the FBI.

2) Trump's OWN FUCKING PARTY is getting suspicious: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/trump-russia-sanctions/index.html

3) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"At the end of life, it will not be the amount of money we have hoarded, the possessions we have had or the power and authority we have wielded in life that will be remembered and honored. Rather, people will remember most vividly the personal interactions with a loved one."

- Fr. Ken Robinson
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/fusion-gps-clinton-campaign/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41752908

Oh dear indeed...!!!

The Clinton democrats pay a company to produce a load of smear stories against another presidential election candidate (namely Trump)... collated with the paid help of a foreigner (allegedly a former British intelligence officer), and from information he allegedly got from Russian secret service/intelligence officers...

While also constantly crying about 'Russian meddling' in election... and how wrong it is for any foreigners to be involved in trying to influence the election in any way...!!!

lol!

'Much ado about nothing !!!'

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:07 pm

The Democrats merely bought opp-research, a perfectly legitimate practice in elections.  The issue is not the Christopher Steel dossier itself, but the content it contains on the activities of a certain individual.  It found that Donald 'pussy-grabber' Trump was committing espionage, election violations, criminal money-laundering. sex slave trafficking, violations of the Computer Fraud Abuse Act, extortion, exchange of favors for remuneration, and hired prostitutes for unusual and disgusting practices in Moscow, and who knows where else...altogether, grounds for a Criminal Enterprise under the Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

In addition there is the cover-up.  Fearing the revelations, Trump has fired FBI Director Comey, and the Attorney General, Preet Bharara, of the Southern District of New York, in order to stop the investigation into his activities, which is Obstruction of Justice.

Purchasing opp-research legally, or running a criminal enterprise in violation of a couple dozen laws and obstruction of justice.  Hmmm...I wonder which one will go to prison.  scratch

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm

So, suddenly there is nothing wrong with US presidential elections being influenced by foreign nationals/Russians...!?

And there's me thinking I've been hearing constant & long term bleating and complaining from democrat/Clinton supporters about Trump allegedly having done exactly that, in his favour...!!!

When it looks very much like the only Russian involvement that may have happened was that which the Clinton democrats were rustling up and paying for, and which was clearly aimed at trying to scupper Trumps chances in the presidential election...!!!

Dirty bastards!!!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 pm

I fail to see the point here.

Either outside influnce is wrong on elections or not.

So which is it?

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:13 pm

That is the whole point Didge!!!

Try reading OP again...

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That is the whole point Didge!!!

Try reading OP again...

I see the point that outside influence is wrong on elections.

Which I view as always wrong.

So where have you condemned Russian influence on US elections Tommy?

Hence my point, or are you being a hypocrite here?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:22 pm

It's not about me Didge... If you think it is, then you are completely missing the point...!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's not about me Didge... If you think it is, then you are completely missing the point...!

You did actually make this thread about you. When you made a song and dance about others failing to condemn that idiot Clinton claimed to be complicit in foreign influence.

I have alread stated, that if true I condemn her antics.

So why is it you have never condemned the known facts that Russia tried many tactics to influence the US election in favour of Trump?

Seems a daft way to make a point when you end up showing yourself up.

As again, when have you ever condemned the influence of the Russians on the US election Tommy?

Now is your chance to do so.

Take as long as you like

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It's not about me Didge... If you think it is, then you are completely missing the point...!

You did actually make this thread about you. When you made a song and dance about others failing to condemn that idiot Clinton claimed to be complicit in foreign influence.

So why is it you have never condemned the known facts that Russia tried many tactics to influence the US election in favour of Trump?

As again, when have you ever condemned the influence of the Russians on the US election Tommy?

Take as long as you like

What 'known facts' are you talking about...!?

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:

Take as long as you like

You now ask what known facts?

So what is your links you have posted Tommy?

Thank you for proving my point.

That you could not answer or condemn even the possibility of Russian influence in the US elections, even though it has been substanciated

They created fake news stories, countless of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html

So this is the second time asking

Where is your condemnation of the Russian influence to help Trump?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Hypocrisy is not limited to either of the two major parties in the US. There is plenty to go around.

Henry David Thoreau
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Maddog wrote:Hypocrisy is not limited to either of the two major parties in the US. There is plenty to go around.

I absolutely agree, so why is it here in abudance on this very thread?

The point is on those calling out on this.

I make no excuses, but those calling out on this have never themselves condemned on Russian influence on elections.

That is a major form of hypocrisy.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:Hypocrisy is not limited to either of the two major parties in the US. There is plenty to go around.

I make no excuses, but those calling out on this have never themselves condemned on Russian influence on elections.

I think the whole Russian things was simply an attempt to discredit the elections, regardless of who won. It's almost like the Russians wanted to get caught, so that whomever won, would be tainted. They probably learned it from watching our CIA.
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think the whole Russian things was simply an attempt to discredit the elections, regardless of who won. It's almost like the Russians wanted to get caught, so that whomever won, would be tainted. They probably learned it from watching our CIA.  

I very much doubt that.
Its denying there is an actual motive behind any means to do something in your favour.
As why expend such resource in the first place?
It simple has a purpose.
To divide a nation, to misdirect from their aims.
They may get found out and then have people talk on this, but it misdirects from their real aims.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I very much doubt that.
Its denying there is an actual motive behind any means to do something in your favour.
It simple has a purpose.
They may get found out and then have people talk on this, but it misdirects from their real aims.

That was kind of my point. They want us fighting amongst ourselves.

Of course, they had the perfect ally in Trump. Had someone else (anyone else) won, there would likely be less contention in the country.
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I very much doubt that.
It simple has a purpose.

Of course, they had the perfect ally in Trump. Had someone else (anyone else) won, there would likely be less contention in the country.  

So there is a cause then.
No matter who gets caught.
What matters is to create a divide.
That has worked clearly very well.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

That you could not answer or condemn even the possibility of Russian influence in the US elections, even though it has been substanciated

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/russia-facebook-twitter-election.html

So... no 'known facts' then...!?

Just speculation about a few twitter/facebook accounts...!?

Try reading the OP and commenting on that... cheers...!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:

You mean like your known facts and yet you went off them?

What can I say and yet I condemn either side if complicit

So why do you shy away from doing so Tommy?

Double standards by any chance?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

True, but I think there is extra chaos caused in the US, if people can say the Russians are behind it, than say the Brazilians. It sounds far more traitorous to be aligned with the Russians.
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

True, but I think there is extra chaos caused in the US, if people can say the Russians are behind it, than say the Brazilians. It sounds far more traitorous to be aligned with the Russians.  

So lets answer that.

We know already the Russians gain by a divided US and Europe and gain massively off this.

How does Brazil achieve the same aims?

What threat are they?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So lets answer that.

We know already the Russians gain by a divided US and Europe and gain massively off this.

What threat are they?

And how would the knowledge that Brazil tried to influence our elections be received differently here than the knowledge that the Russians did?
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

So lets answer that.

What threat are they?

And how would the knowledge that Brazil tried to influence our elections be received differently here than the knowledge that the Russians did?

Massively so.

What threat are the Brazillians compared to the Russians?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Massively so.

Not much. Which is why I don't think the Russians tried very hard to cover their tracks.
Maddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Massively so.

Not much. Which is why I don't think the Russians tried very hard to cover their tracks.  

Because they have little to fear.
Obama created that through appeasement.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 am

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What are you talking about, Didge...!?

Show the evidence to back up your claim of 'known facts' about Trump collusion with 'Russians'...!?

And try reading the OP...!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:

What are you talking about, Didge...!?

Show the evidence to back up your claim of 'known facts' about Trump collusion with 'Russians'...!?

And try reading the OP...!!!

I am talking about your hypocrisy Tommy.

Never claimed Trumps collusion with the Russians

Show me where I did?

Did I say about the Russians trying to influence the election in favour of Trump?

I gave you plenty of evidence for this

So why have you continually not condemned this.

Take as long as you like.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Didge... you don't seem to be getting things at all here...!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Didge... you don't seem to be getting things at all here...!

Misdirection

I have condemned foreign influence.

So why can you not do this?

You do so often in regards to the EU do you not?

So why not with Russia on the US elections?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Still missing the point, I see...!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Still missing the point, I see...!

Still evading my question Tommy

So will you condemn the Russians if found guilt of trying to influence the elections?

Yes or no?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Didge... you still don't get it... and i get the feeling that even if I were to explain it in simple terms that a complete simpleton could understand, you still wouldn't get it...!!!

lol!

But I'll try to help...

Trump won the US Pres election... but since then, has been facing widespread accusations that he had been involved in collaboration with 'the Russians' and that he had solicited their help to 'influence' the result in his favour...

The people responsible for all the accusations are also the ones who have been banging on about how wrong it would be for a party/candidate to have tried to use foreign assistance (and especially Russian assistance) in an attempt to influence the US Pres elections, and they have been Clinton/democrats doing all the accusing/whining/bitching...

The OP is showing that all this time, the Clinton/democrats have been paying for foreign/Russian involvement in trying to influence the Pres election...!!!

While there is absolutely no evidence that Trump had solicited any dodgy foreign assistance...!!!

Can you see what I'm getting at now...!?

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Eh?

What a load a gibberish
All you have given me is a an opinion based off a Republican group out to get Trump, that supporters of Hillary supported.

I condemned that

What has that got to do with my point on the Russians?

So you think all fake news that was against Clinton, was based on this?

Seriously?

Come again?

Now do you condem the Russians on their influcence on the elections supporting Trump?

Yes or no?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Can anyone answer the question I have repeatedly asked Tommy, that he has conwardly misdirected from and run away from?

Clearly answers on a postcard I guess

Laughing

Will Tommy actually condemn the Russians for the fact they tried to influence the election in favour of Trump?

I have answerd about Clinton and her team using Republicans to get at Trump. I condemned that now 3 times lol.

So lets ask Tommy again.. Laughing

So will you condemn the Russians if found guilt of trying to influence the elections in favour of Trump?

Yes or no?

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Oh dear... Didge is showing his intellect to be 'subsimpleton' level...!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh dear... Didge is showing his intellect to be 'subsimpleton' level...!

Am I Tommy?

I have consistently asked you the same question, you contiually keep avoiding.

It shows you have the worst double standards.

Even more when you fail to answer the same simple question

I have proven this now and as seen by your piss poor reply, you realize you have fucked up. After I bumped another link.

You really are quite the idiot Tommy

Love it

All the best mate and night

Cool

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:53 pm

It's not about me, Didge...!

And I've already shown your claim of 'known facts on Russians influencing the US pres election in Trumps favour' as being nothing more than some spurious waffle about a few facebook/twitter accounts... and inconsequential compared to what is said to have been going on, in OP articles...!!!

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:37 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's not about me, Didge...!

And I've already shown your claim of 'known facts on Russians influencing the US pres election in Trumps favour' as being nothing more than some spurious waffle about a few facebook/twitter accounts... and inconsequential compared to what is said to have been going on, in OP articles...!!!

You have already shown me have you ?

Where is these posts backing youir claim with hard facts?

All you have proven Tommy is that you are a hypocrital twat

I have given you countless opportunities to condemn the Russians and all you did was make pathetic excuses.

You are done here.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:21 am

Didge... you still don't seem to be grasping things here...!

The topic of this thread is the alleged involvement of the Clinton team/democrats in funding of a smear dossier against Trump, and the using of foreigners/Russians to provide the content of dossier, and with the intention of trying to influence the result of the election...!

Please stay on topic, or stay away from this thread.

Or you will be reported for disruption!

Laughing

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Didge... you still don't seem to be grasping things here...!

The topic of this thread is the alleged involvement of the Clinton team/democrats in funding of a smear dossier against Trump, and the using of foreigners/Russians to provide the content of dossier, and with the intention of trying to influence the result of the election...!

Please stay on topic, or stay away from this thread.

Or you will be reported for disruption!

Laughing

Clinton hired a law firm, the law firm hired an investigator who happened to be Brit.  The research was paid for...no wrongs.

Pussy-grabber took data that was stolen, in violation of the CFAA (receiving stolen goods), from a foreign entity, and failed to pay for it...which is receiving a campaign contribution from a foreign government, a violation of the campaign funding laws.

It so happens that the Brit, former MI-6 Christopher Steel, found other dealings with Trump, which are all recorded in the 'dossier'--hence the importance, and why the Trump folks want to discredit it.  Inter alia, it involves money-laundering, with human traffickers and prostitution, unrecorded financing, trading official favors for money, violations of many different laws, and ultimately a whole criminal enterprise.

The first of many indictments have been handed down as of Friday.  It's sealed, so we'll find out who it is on Monday.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That is the whole point Didge!!!

Try reading OP again...

Here are the operative excerpts from the two articles in the OP, one by CNN and the other by the BBC:

CNN wrote:CNN Washington (CNN)The law firm for the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee has acknowledged its clients' role in paying for opposition research on Donald Trump that helped fund the now-infamous dossier of allegations about the now-President and Russia.

According to US media reports, Perkins Coie, a law firm representing the Clinton campaign and DNC, hired intelligence firm Fusion GPS in April 2016.

BBC wrote:(BBC) Fusion GPS, based in Washington DC, was paid to dig up dirt on Mr Trump, who was then Mrs Clinton's rival for the presidency.

The intelligence firm subcontracted Christopher Steele, a former British spy who previously worked in Russia, to compile the research.

Attributed to unnamed sources, it claimed that Mr Trump had colluded with Russian officials during the election campaign.

The opposition research was initially funded by an unknown Republican consulting firm, which pulled the plug once Mr Trump captured the party's nomination.

The Clinton campaign then picked up the tab, according to the reports.

As he headed off to Dallas, Texas, on Wednesday, President Trump told reporters on the White House lawn: "It's very sad what they've done with this fake dossier."

[Trump] added: "Hillary Clinton always denied it, the Democrats always denied it.
"I think it's a disgrace, it's a very sad commentary on politics in this country."
In January shortly before he was sworn in as president, Mr Trump dismissed the dossier as "fake news".

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted on Tuesday: "The real Russia scandal? Clinton campaign paid for the fake Russia dossier…

Republicans always try to turn interesting gossip about Hillary Clinton into criminal allegations, hoping that a stupid public will follow them down the rabbit hole.  They did it with Benghazi.  They did it with Clinton's email server.  And now they do it with the necessary opposition research on the adverse candidate.  Once again, there's no there, there.

Hillary had her law firm hire a British MI-6 (former) agent to do research overseas.  What's wrong with that?  Do the British have bad teeth or strange body odors?  He's a good investigator.  You hire an investigator to do investigative research.  The subject is collusion with Russia.  Wouldn't you want to talk to Russian witnesses about that?  The Christopher Steele Dossier is a 'clean-as-a-whistle' police report on a specific crime done by the Trump campaign.

There is a difference between the form of an investigation and the content found in an investigation.  What Christopher Steele found was that the Trump campaign officials were colluding with the Russians to sabotage the American elections.  The Trump people engaged in espionage to pervert American institutions.  They weren't out to learn something, but to do something illegal.  If investigating crimes were considered the equivalent of doing the crime, all of our policemen would have to be put in prison...because they investigate!

What is most interesting is that all this smoke and clouds comes about just as the Special Prosecutor is about the indict someone on charges related to the dossier.  So, obviously it's an attempt to depreciate the facts and divert attention away from reality.  All that is political.  

Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is a professional prosecutor, and he won't get his head turned.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:35 am

the threats her client received from the Obama administration if he didn’t keep quiet during the 2016 presidential election.

Victoria Toensing, the informant’s attorney, told WMAL DC’s “Mornings On The Mall” host Vince Coglianese on Thursday that under the Obama administration, lawyers from Loretta Lynch’s Department of Justice (DOJ) coerced her client into dropping a lawsuit against the government last year.

“The Russians have threatened him, and up until just last night the U.S. government has threatened him,” Toensing said during the radio interview. “He was told that if he didn’t dismiss the case his reputation and liberty were in jeopardy.”

On Wednesday, The Hill reported that Toensing has files which allegedly prove that the Obama administration wanted to keep her client quiet because the civil lawsuit would have taken place during the 2016 election, which could have had a major impact on the election:

Toensing said she also possesses memos that recount how the Justice Department last year threatened her client when he attempted to file a lawsuit that could have drawn attention to the Russian corruption during the 2016 presidential race as well as helped him recover some of the money Russians stole from him through kickbacks during the FBI probe.

Emails obtained by The Hill show that a civil attorney working with the former undercover witness described the pressure the Justice Department exerted to keep the client from disclosing to a federal court what he knew last summer.

Toensing’s client was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement which prevented him from testifying to congress what he knows about the case:

When he tried to bring some of the allegations to light in the lawsuit last year, “the Obama Justice Department threatened him with loss of freedom. They said they would bring a criminal case against him for violating an NDA,” she added.

DOJ spokesperson Sarah Isgur Flores told The Hill yesterday that the department released the gag order on the informant — clearing the way for him to testify:

As of tonight, the Department of Justice has authorized the informant to disclose to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, as well as one member of each of their staffs, any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market, including but not limited to anything related to Vadim Mikerin, Rosatom, Tenex, Uranium One, or the Clinton Foundation

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22826/lawyer-obama-admin-threatened-fbi-informants-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Now poor li'l Tommykins has joined SmellyRuskiPlantskiBumski down there in Smelly's mums council house basement...

Chasing every whiff of "lefty liberal communistic" conspiracy plots that they can find on their favourite alt.right/neo-nazi/"alternative facts" blogsites..

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:10 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:the threats her client received from the Obama administration if he didn’t keep quiet during the 2016 presidential election.

Victoria Toensing, the informant’s attorney, told WMAL DC’s “Mornings On The Mall” host Vince Coglianese on Thursday that under the Obama administration, lawyers from Loretta Lynch’s Department of Justice (DOJ) coerced her client into dropping a lawsuit against the government last year.

“The Russians have threatened him, and up until just last night the U.S. government has threatened him,” Toensing said during the radio interview. “He was told that if he didn’t dismiss the case his reputation and liberty were in jeopardy.”

On Wednesday, The Hill reported that Toensing has files which allegedly prove that the Obama administration wanted to keep her client quiet because the civil lawsuit would have taken place during the 2016 election, which could have had a major impact on the election:

Toensing said she also possesses memos that recount how the Justice Department last year threatened her client when he attempted to file a lawsuit that could have drawn attention to the Russian corruption during the 2016 presidential race as well as helped him recover some of the money Russians stole from him through kickbacks during the FBI probe.

Emails obtained by The Hill show that a civil attorney working with the former undercover witness described the pressure the Justice Department exerted to keep the client from disclosing to a federal court what he knew last summer.

Toensing’s client was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement which prevented him from testifying to congress what he knows about the case:

When he tried to bring some of the allegations to light in the lawsuit last year, “the Obama Justice Department threatened him with loss of freedom. They said they would bring a criminal case against him for violating an NDA,” she added.

DOJ spokesperson Sarah Isgur Flores told The Hill yesterday that the department released the gag order on the informant — clearing the way for him to testify:

As of tonight, the Department of Justice has authorized the informant to disclose to the Chairmen and Ranking Members of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, as well as one member of each of their staffs, any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market, including but not limited to anything related to Vadim Mikerin, Rosatom, Tenex, Uranium One, or the Clinton Foundation

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22826/lawyer-obama-admin-threatened-fbi-informants-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Who is Victoria Toensing's client?  That is the central question.  Lawyers are trained spin artists, only normally they spin before a jury. I don’t listen to lawyers unless they are also percipient witnesses.

It sounds like a normal, run-of-the-mill, confidential informant (CI) situation.  Secrecy is of essence.  Of course the Justice Department lawyers threatened him...coercion is the very essence of law enforcement.  You don't give a rapist a warm puppy and send him on his way; you threaten him with jail time.

As a defense attorney I often had the thought that if these prosecutors didn't have badges, they could be sued for extortion.  Then I became a prosecutor myself, and the view changed entirely.

Bargaining is the essence human interaction.  From negotiating with your employer about your wage, to negotiating with your kid about whether he could take the car on Friday night, you are constantly bargaining.  All of bargaining is extortion, the defining mark is an 'IF-Then' proposition: if you don't pay me the price for this diamond ring, then I'll put it back in the case and say goodbye.  

In criminal law it's no different, only the bets are a protracted prison term, or even the death penalty.  Extortion is, in essence, blackmail: "unjustified threats to make a gain—most commonly money or property—or cause loss to another unless a demand is met."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail  The key wrod is "unjustified".  The law gives prosecutors and police justification to make such threats, in order to enforce the law.

In a CI situation, secrecy is the core of the police effort.  If the bad guys find out what is going on, they won't be nice, you can be sure.  So, the Justice Department prosecutors have to be equally persuasive.

Frankly, this sounds like a perfectly normal operation.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Coercion is the essence of law enforcement??

Yeah, in mafiaville maybe

- Frantz Fanon

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:20 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Coercion is the essence of law enforcement??

What is a plea agreement? It's a threat, an offer, and a counter-offer...leading to an agreement. The stakes are jail time, or even the death penalty. If that's not coercion for you, you must live in lollipop land.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Coercion is the essence of law enforcement??

What is a plea agreement?  It's a threat, an offer, and a counter-offer...leading to an agreement.  The stakes are jail time, or even the death penalty.  If that's not coercion for you, you must live in lollipop land.

It's not coercion or a threat

It's saying "you got caught, you can have a needle for free or you can take life, the cost of your life is X"

- Frantz Fanon

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What is a plea agreement?  It's a threat, an offer, and a counter-offer...leading to an agreement.  The stakes are jail time, or even the death penalty.  If that's not coercion for you, you must live in lollipop land.

It's not coercion or a threat

It's saying "you got caught, you can have a needle for free or you can take life, the cost of your life is X"

UM...is there an echo in here? That's what I just said.

Arguing over the definition of "coercion" seems to be a waste of our time. We could call it 'arm-twisting'. We could call it "compulsion', 'browbeating', 'bulldozing'...any number of things.

It's the application of the bargaining threat: IF you do this, THAN I'll do that...

Your model just emphasizes the "THAN" side, as you seem to gravitate toward the misery side of everything. Coercion is always a bargain proposition. Else you would just go ahead and do it.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next