Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Just thinking about the comments you sometimes see -- "Scientists once thought the Sun revolves around the Earth." "Scientists once thought we think with our hearts." "Scientists once though leeches could cure you of illnesses."

No, no and no. None of the people who thought those things were scientists in the modern sense of the word; none of them used the scientific method to reach their conclusions.

In fact, most "science" before the mid-1800s was quite haphazard and prone to guessing and overall shoddy work. Leonardo DaVinci was the rare exception before the advent of modern science who put it quite poetically:

"Many think that they can with reason blame me, alleging that my proofs are contrary to the authority of certain men held in great reverence by their inexperienced judgments, not considering that my works are the issue of simple and plain experience which is the true mistress.

These rules enable you to know the true from the false – and this induces men to look only for things that are possible and with due moderation – and they forbid you to use a cloak of ignorance, which will bring about that you attain to no result and despair abandon yourself to melancholy."

I think it would be fair to say that comparing the "scientists" who came before the widespread use of the scientific method to today's scientists would be like comparing witch doctors to modern physicians.

... um, discuss.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Sassy wrote:Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful.

and TWO OF THEM!

 lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

 ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: 

yes two separate God's, they cannot be the same God, mind you one of them is made up but i'm not telling you which one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Sassy wrote:It's really sad when someone doesn't realise how unintelligent they sound and carry on spouting myths, and think they are talking sense.

How's the work in The House going?

I agree so stop doing it... :D 

My word, that far gone you don't even recognise yourself. So sad.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I agree so stop doing it... :D 

My word, that far gone you don't even recognise yourself.   So sad.

again, i agree so stop doing it...lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm not the one talking like a muslim fundamentalist and claiming two gods!

 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 pm

allah is not the same as the God of the bible, it is that simple, allah is a muslim moon god one of about 390 odd i believe it was...

the fact that two religions believe in an all powerful God does not mean there are two all powerful God's, i would have thought even you could work that out but no i had to spell it out for you..how sad..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 pm

heavenly father wrote:allah is not the same as the God of the bible, it is that simple, allah is a muslim moon god one of about 390 odd i believe it was...

the fact that two religions believe in an all powerful God does not mean there are two all powerful God's, i would have thought even you could work that out but no i had to spell it out for you..how sad..

Common misconception of the anti-Islam brigade. Allah just means "god" in Arabic, and large portions of the Quran are the very similar to the Bible:

B ehold! The angels said:
"O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee
And purified thee - chosen thee
Above the women of all nations.
"O Mary! Worship
Thy Lord devoutly:
Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer)
With those who bow down."
This is part of the tidings
Of the things unseen,
Which We reveal unto thee
(O Prophet!1 ) by inspiration:
Thou wast not with them
When they cast lots
With arrows as to which
Of them should be charged
With the care of Mary2 :
Nor wast thou with them
When they disputed (the point).
Behold! the angels said:
"O Mary! Allah giveth thee
Glad tidings of a Word
From Him: his name
Will be Christ Jesus.
The son of Mary, held in honor
In this world and the Hereafter
And of (the company of) those
Nearest to Allah.
"He shall speak to the people
In childhood3 and in maturity.
And he shall be (of the company)
Of the righteous."
She said: "O my Lord!
How shall I have a son
When no man hath touched me?"
He said: "Even so:
Allah createth
What He willeth:
When He hath decreed
A Plan He but saith
To it, 'Be', and it is!

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:allah is not the same as the God of the bible, it is that simple, allah is a muslim moon god one of about 390 odd i believe it was...

the fact that two religions believe in an all powerful God does not mean there are two all powerful God's, i would have thought even you could work that out but no i had to spell it out for you..how sad..

Common misconception of the anti-Islam brigade. Allah just means "god" in Arabic, and large portions of the Quran are the very similar to the Bible:

B ehold! The angels said:
"O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee
And purified thee - chosen thee
Above the women of all nations.
"O Mary! Worship
Thy Lord devoutly:
Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer)
With those who bow down."
This is part of the tidings
Of the things unseen,
Which We reveal unto thee
(O Prophet!1 ) by inspiration:
Thou wast not with them
When they cast lots
With arrows as to which
Of them should be charged
With the care of Mary2 :
Nor wast thou with them
When they disputed (the point).
Behold! the angels said:
"O Mary! Allah giveth thee
Glad tidings of a Word
From Him: his name
Will be Christ Jesus.
The son of Mary, held in honor
In this world and the Hereafter
And of (the company of) those
Nearest to Allah.
"He shall speak to the people
In childhood3 and in maturity.
And he shall be (of the company)
Of the righteous."
She said: "O my Lord!
How shall I have a son
When no man hath touched me?"
He said: "Even so:
Allah createth
What He willeth:
When He hath decreed
A Plan He but saith
To it, 'Be', and it is!

many writings have similarities to the bible , the koran has too it has no other way to give its writings any credence. but allah is not the same as the God of the bible..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm

Yes he is.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Yes he is.

he cannot be the same..allah says i have no son, God says behold this is my son in whom I am well pleased, cannot be the same God..

even salvation is different, everything is different.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Yes he is.

he cannot be the same..allah says i have no son, God says behold this is my son in whom I am well pleased, cannot be the same God..

even salvation is different, everything is different.. :D 

Still the same.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Two omnipotent beings. Now that's what I call a Mexican Stand Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:28 am

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Yes he is.

he cannot be the same..allah says i have no son, God says behold this is my son in whom I am well pleased, cannot be the same God..

even salvation is different, everything is different.. :D 

Please read a Koran
It is literally the contiunation of the Bible. Allah is the Christian God. thats like saying Dark Vader in return of the Jedi is a completely different Darth Vader than the first 2 movies. ::lightsab:: ::lightsab:: ::lightsab::

You are trying to take one part out of context, According to the Koran Jesus was a Prophet I doesn't actually make sense for him to claim to be the son of god (jesus never does his disciple claim it of him after he is crucified) Because Jesus Says we are all the Children of God so every male is the son of god, According to Jesus. the Koran says Christains are mistaking a teacher for a Creator, and Considering you are not supposed to worship anything but GOD even the worship of Jesus is a sin.

And where the hell do you get moon God?

There are many names for God, and different names are attached to different cultural ideas about who God is and what attributes possessed. In the ancient Egyptian era of Atenism, possibly the earliest recorded monotheistic religion premised on there being one "true" Supreme Being and Creator of the Universe,[3] this deity is called Aten.[4] In the Hebrew Bible "He Who Is," "I Am that I Am", and the "Tetragrammaton" YHVH are used as names of God, while Yahweh, and Jehovah are sometimes used in Christianity as vocalizations of YHVH. In Arabic and other Semitic language, the name Allah, "Al-El," or "Al-Elah" ("the God") is used. Muslims regard a multitude of titular names for God,

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Lurker on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:54 am

My God can beat up your God any day.

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 am

Lurker wrote:My God can beat up your God any day.
NAH AH  bounce  My God is Better  bounce bounce  He has Lazer beams tongue tongue 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Lurker on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:04 am

Loved this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/04/bill-nye-debate-ken-ham-creationism-livestream-live-updates_n_4717896.html

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:39 am

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Yes he is.

he cannot be the same..allah says i have no son, God says behold this is my son in whom I am well pleased, cannot be the same God..

even salvation is different, everything is different.. :D 


Really? The Jews have no belief that Jesus was the son of God either and yet Christians have taken on many of the Jewish stories. All you are saying is that your way is the right way without proving that it is against the other two man Abrahamic faiths, when to me all 3 of them are absurd

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

he cannot be the same..allah says i have no son, God says behold this is my son in whom I am well pleased, cannot be the same God..

even salvation is different, everything is different.. :D 

Please read a Koran
It is literally the contiunation of the Bible. Allah is the Christian God. thats like saying Dark Vader in return of the Jedi is a completely different Darth Vader than the first 2 movies.   ::lightsab:: ::lightsab::  ::lightsab::

You are trying to take one part out of context, According to the Koran Jesus was a Prophet I doesn't actually make sense for him to claim to be the son of god (jesus never does his disciple claim it of him after he is crucified) Because Jesus Says we are all the Children of God so every male is the son of god, According to Jesus.  the Koran says Christains are mistaking a teacher for a Creator, and Considering you are not supposed to worship anything but GOD even the worship of Jesus is a sin.

And where the hell do you get moon God?

There are many names for God, and different names are attached to different cultural ideas about who God is and what attributes possessed. In the ancient Egyptian era of Atenism, possibly the earliest recorded monotheistic religion premised on there being one "true" Supreme Being and Creator of the Universe,[3] this deity is called Aten.[4] In the Hebrew Bible "He Who Is," "I Am that I Am", and the "Tetragrammaton" YHVH are used as names of God, while Yahweh, and Jehovah are sometimes used in Christianity as vocalizations of YHVH. In Arabic and other Semitic language, the name Allah, "Al-El," or "Al-Elah" ("the God") is used. Muslims regard a multitude of titular names for God,

the koran is not the continuation of the bible at all..lol

if God says this is my son in whom i am well pleased and allah says i have no son, how can they be the same God..

islam does not believe Jesus was the son of God they say he was just a prophet, different again..

the bible says the only way to the father is through the son, so salvation comes through jesus, again in the koran there is no son so salvation is different.

In the bible you are saved by Grace and the free gift of righteousness from Jesus, by the koran you do not know if you are going to heaven until you die, where you will be judged by your works, tithing, praying went to mecca etc..

there are so many differences its ridiculous to imagine they could be the same God.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 am

There is no evidence whatsoever of the Biblical explanations of life and the universe yet you accept the word of ignorant desert dwellers who lived in a dark age over 2000 years ago.

What do you think god just 'magicked' everything into existence? Do you think then that dinosaurs lived at the same as lions and humans?

Evolution is backed by endless evidence you just don't understand. Watch the Dawkins video, get educated, then come back with any refutations you may still have.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:45 am

Eilzel wrote:There is no evidence whatsoever of the Biblical explanations of life and the universe yet you accept the word of ignorant desert dwellers who lived in a dark age over 2000 years ago.

What do you think god just 'magicked' everything into existence? Do you think then that dinosaurs lived at the same as lions and humans?

Evolution is backed by endless evidence you just don't understand. Watch the Dawkins video, get educated, then come back with any refutations you may still have.

So you prefer to accept the word of a man by faith, have we found the missing link..lol, how long will we be waiting do you think?..
evolution just covers human life as it cannot make any sense for all beginnings..
So you think everything in the universe was one giant accident..that's nice..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:47 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:There is no evidence whatsoever of the Biblical explanations of life and the universe yet you accept the word of ignorant desert dwellers who lived in a dark age over 2000 years ago.

What do you think god just 'magicked' everything into existence? Do you think then that dinosaurs lived at the same as lions and humans?

Evolution is backed by endless evidence you just don't understand. Watch the Dawkins video, get educated, then come back with any refutations you may still have.

So you prefer to accept the word of a man by faith, have we found the missing link..lol, how long will we be waiting do you think?..
evolution just covers human life as it cannot make any sense for all beginnings..
So you think everything in the universe was one giant accident..that's nice..


Do you accept the whole bible as the word of God?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am

heavenly father wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Please read a Koran
It is literally the contiunation of the Bible. Allah is the Christian God. thats like saying Dark Vader in return of the Jedi is a completely different Darth Vader than the first 2 movies.   ::lightsab:: ::lightsab::  ::lightsab::

You are trying to take one part out of context, According to the Koran Jesus was a Prophet I doesn't actually make sense for him to claim to be the son of god (jesus never does his disciple claim it of him after he is crucified) Because Jesus Says we are all the Children of God so every male is the son of god, According to Jesus.  the Koran says Christains are mistaking a teacher for a Creator, and Considering you are not supposed to worship anything but GOD even the worship of Jesus is a sin.

And where the hell do you get moon God?


the koran is not the continuation of the bible at all..lol

if God says this is my son in whom i am well pleased and allah says i have no son, how can they be the same God..

islam does not believe Jesus was the son of God they say he was just a prophet, different again..

the bible says the only way to the father is through the son, so salvation comes through jesus, again in the koran there is no son so salvation is different.

In the bible you are saved by Grace and the free gift of righteousness from Jesus, by the koran you do not know if you are going to heaven until you die, where you will be judged by your works, tithing, praying went to mecca etc..

there are so many differences its ridiculous to imagine they could be the same God.

That is just a Christian perspective, they have taken on board part of the Jewish faith also, half the Bible is from much of the Torah

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:52 am

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

the koran is not the continuation of the bible at all..lol

if God says this is my son in whom i am well pleased and allah says i have no son, how can they be the same God..

islam does not believe Jesus was the son of God they say he was just a prophet, different again..

the bible says the only way to the father is through the son, so salvation comes through jesus, again in the koran there is no son so salvation is different.

In the bible you are saved by Grace and the free gift of righteousness from Jesus, by the koran you do not know if you are going to heaven until you die, where you will be judged by your works, tithing, praying went to mecca etc..

there are so many differences its ridiculous to imagine they could be the same God.

That is just a Christian perspective, they have taken on board part of the Jewish faith also, half the Bible is from much of the Torah

even the torah speaks of the coming messiah and what he will be like, does the torah mention muhammed , why does the koran say beware the people of the book, the bible and speak against Jews, why would the same God persecute his own people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:57 am

Heavenly Father, there is no missing link, I explained this in my first post here and Dawkins destroys that argument in the video I posted. For you there will always be a missing link, you will just says there are more, the dogmatic denial of a deluded creationist- 'ping' and there is man lol

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:00 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

That is just a Christian perspective, they have taken on board part of the Jewish faith also, half the Bible is from much of the Torah

even the torah speaks of the coming messiah and what he will be like, does the torah mention muhammed , why does the koran say beware the people of the book, the bible and speak against Jews, why would the same God persecute his own people.


Yes a Messiah, a leader/warrior, not a son of god.
So very different.
You say why would you this deity punish his own people, are you having a bubble bath?
What do you think is the reason for king Nebuchadnezzar taking Judah given as by the deity in the bible?
Seriously, you have not read the bible, if you do not know that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Eilzel wrote:Heavenly Father, there is no missing link, I explained this in my first post here and Dawkins destroys that argument in the video I posted. For you there will always be a missing link, you will just says there are more, the dogmatic denial of a deluded creationist- 'ping' and there is man lol

lol..there is no missing link because the whole thing is bogus, just a series of changing excuses that people would prefer to the truth which is, we really don't know but we sure as hell don't want to put our faith in God..

dawkins has destroyed nothing and never will.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Daniel 1.2

And the Lord delivered Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, along with some of the articles from the temple of God. These he carried off to the temple of his god in Babylonia and put in the treasure house of his god.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

even the torah speaks of the coming messiah and what he will be like, does the torah mention muhammed , why does the koran say beware the people of the book, the bible and speak against Jews, why would the same God persecute his own people.


Yes a Messiah, a leader/warrior, not a son of god.
So very different.
You say why would you this deity punish his own people, are you having a bubble bath?
What do you think is the reason for king Nebuchadnezzar taking Judah given as by the deity in the bible?
Seriously, you have not read the bible, if you do not know that?

What!! people rose against the Jews but God would not tell everyone to not trust the jews in fact to kill them, you are very strange...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Yes a Messiah, a leader/warrior, not a son of god.
So very different.
You say why would you this deity punish his own people, are you having a bubble bath?
What do you think is the reason for king Nebuchadnezzar taking Judah given as by the deity in the bible?
Seriously, you have not read the bible, if you do not know that?

What!! people rose against the Jews but God would not tell everyone to not trust the jews in fact to kill them, you are very strange...


 ://?roflmao?/: 


Dear me, you have not read the bible

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

What!! people rose against the Jews but God would not tell everyone to not trust the jews in fact to kill them, you are very strange...


 ://?roflmao?/: 


Dear me, you have not read the bible

you clearly are deranged, if God of the bible was the same god as allah, why would he say kill the jews, do not trust the jews, the jews are your enemy all the way through the koran..

again why would allah say i have no son when the bible says this is my son, who wouldn't the bible mention muhammed if it was a continuation of the bible, its all rubbish... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Lurker on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm

You can't debate a religious zealot. His brain is so washed with myths he can't tell fact from fiction.

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Lurker wrote:You can't debate a religious zealot. His brain is so washed with myths he can't tell fact from fiction.

i know what you mean these evolutionist, just plain stupid.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Heavenly Father; Dawkins was a theist till his dying day, he asked questions but he never doubted gods existence. How does that square with evolution being an attempt to explain life and disprove god?

At least watch the Dawkins video so you are talking from having been wised up on the debate, instead of running your mouth with nonesensical questions displayed a clear absence of information.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Sorry should read Darwin not Dawkins lol

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:Sorry should read Darwin not Dawkins lol

actually darwin turned in belief because his beloved daughter died.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:12 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Sorry should read Darwin not Dawkins lol

actually darwin turned in belief because his beloved daughter died.. :D 

Darwin was a Christian when he wrote The Origin of Species; he was a Christian when he died. He talks of 'creation' frequently within the book. The theory of evolution was not a defiance to Gods creations; Darwin did not see the two as exclusive.

So again, since you didn't understand my point (add it to the list of things you don't understand), if Darwin was a Christian when and after he wrote about evolution, how does this square with your statement that evolution was a way for the non-religious to explain life without god.

How too do you explain the fact that the previous, and other former Archbishops and many many other clergy all believe in evolution as part of God's plan?

And I repeat, least watch the Dawkins video so you are talking from having been wised up on the debate, instead of running your mouth with nonesensical questions displayed a clear absence of information.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

actually darwin turned in belief because his beloved daughter died.. :D 

 Laughing 

Bullshite !

Gees, you're an ignoramus...

Darwin was raised and educated as a Christian..

You REALLY are a stupid person,   Mr. Father !    cyclops


I know he was but he questioned and turned from his faith because his beloved daughter died...

try engaging your brain before your flap opens... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:
allah is not the same as the God of the bible, it is that simple, allah is a muslim moon god one of about 390 odd i believe it was...

the fact that two religions believe in an all powerful God does not mean there are two all powerful God's, i would have thought even you could work that out but no i had to spell it out for you..how sad..

 Laughing 

YOU dropped out of school after your 15th birthday, didn't you Mr. Father ?!?

 lol! 

are you jealous because that's 7 more years education than you managed... :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

 ://?roflmao?/: 

Dear me, you have not read the bible

 Laughing 

I doubt if the good "Father" has ever read past the comics in the Sunday papers  !!!

HE'S certainly never read any religious, scientific, technical or history texts..

 lol!     

have you read the forum rules on acceptable behaviour concerning abusing posters and speaking off topic, if you ask i'm sure they'll do a version in crayon pictures.. :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

are you jealous because that's 7 more years education than you managed... :/pwn://:

 
 tongue 

I actually studied Agriculture at University....

THAT'S two big new words to add to your vocabulary, Mr. Father !  

ha ha ha well i'm a member of the Chartered Institute of marketing, so while you were studying I was busy passing the exams... :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm

So, HF, do you accept the literal biblical story of the Creation? What are your views?

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:So, HF, do you accept the literal biblical story of the Creation? What are your views?

Actually no I don't, I believe the bible talks about two separate floods, one most people know of Noah but the other flood talks of the waters of the earth being hard like stone which to me speaks of ice.
I believe the earth is in fact as the bible says ancient...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:So, HF, do you accept the literal biblical story of the Creation? What are your views?

Actually no I don't, I believe the bible talks about two separate floods, one most people know of Noah but the other flood talks of the waters of the earth being hard like stone which to me speaks of ice.
I believe the earth is in fact as the bible says ancient...

"Hard like stone" -- can you give me the chapter and verse on that? Because I've never heard it before, and I've read the Bible several times through.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:So, HF, do you accept the literal biblical story of the Creation? What are your views?

Actually no I don't, I believe the bible talks about two separate floods, one most people know of Noah but the other flood talks of the waters of the earth being hard like stone which to me speaks of ice.
I believe the earth is in fact as the bible says ancient...

"Hard like stone" -- can you give me the chapter and verse on that? Because I've never heard it before, and I've read the Bible several times through.

Wait, that's in Job -- you actually interpret that as a different flood than Noah's?

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Actually no I don't, I believe the bible talks about two separate floods, one most people know of Noah but the other flood talks of the waters of the earth being hard like stone which to me speaks of ice.
I believe the earth is in fact as the bible says ancient...

"Hard like stone" -- can you give me the chapter and verse on that? Because I've never heard it before, and I've read the Bible several times through.

Job 38.30..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Actually no I don't, I believe the bible talks about two separate floods, one most people know of Noah but the other flood talks of the waters of the earth being hard like stone which to me speaks of ice.
I believe the earth is in fact as the bible says ancient...

"Hard like stone" -- can you give me the chapter and verse on that? Because I've never heard it before, and I've read the Bible several times through.

Job 38.30..

So you believe God created mankind in his image?

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientists didn't "get it wrong" - Page 3 Empty Re: Scientists didn't "get it wrong"

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 pm

So HF, in this ancient world (which I do not dispute):

What happened to the dinosaurs?
Did people live with dinosaurs?
Did people get 'magicked' onto Earth at some later date by God?
Why are there no fossils of any species existent today from ancient times?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8048
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum