Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Didge on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dove has been forced to apologise after releasing a series of images appearing to show a black woman turning white in a Facebook advert accused of being “racist”.

The cosmetics company said it “deeply regret(s)” the offence caused, admitting the images “missed the mark”.

The advert shows a series of photographs in which a black woman pulls off her T-shirt to reveal a white woman underneath. Another image shows the white woman undressing to reveal an Asian woman. The images were shared by make up artist ‘Naythemua’, who commented on her post: “What does America tell black people... that we are judged by the color of our skin and that includes what is considered beautiful in this country... they believe lighter representations should be at the forefront... and that the darker you are the less beautiful.”
She added: “The tone deafness in these companies makes no sense.”








http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/dove-apologises-racist-facebook-advert_uk_59da2506e4b0f6eed350e39d?utm_hp_ref=uk
avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Presumably you find this old advert racist as well??


Do you?

My opinion is it could certainly be seen as racist to many..(which it was)
Dove relies on people buying their products...its a bit stupid to alienate a good % of potential buyers by making insensitive (at best) deliberately provocative (probably) ads, not once but twice.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Presumably you find this old advert racist as well??


Do you?

My opinion is it could certainly be seen as racist to many..(which it was)
Dove relies on people buying their products...its a bit stupid to alienate a good % of potential buyers by making insensitive (at best) deliberately provocative (probably) ads, not once but twice.

thats the problem

anything can be seen as racist these days.

you cant even call the blackboard a blackboard anymore because racism

is it actually racism???

i don't think it is

but your opinion carries more weight not because its more valid but because your team screams the loudest, its typical leftwing hate mob mentality that says the louder you scream the more justified you are

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:29 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

Do you?

My opinion is it could certainly be seen as racist to many..(which it was)
Dove relies on people buying their products...its a bit stupid to alienate a good % of potential buyers by making insensitive (at best) deliberately provocative (probably) ads, not once but twice.

thats the problem

anything can be seen as racist these days.

you cant even call the blackboard a blackboard anymore because racism

is it actually racism???

i don't think it is

but your opinion carries more weight not because its more valid but because your team screams the loudest, its typical leftwing hate mob mentality that says the louder you scream the more justified you are  

My team? Rolling Eyes
A blackboard isn't a blackboard because they are no longer black.
I find picky pc stuff nonsense....but when something does look racist I will say so.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Syl wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

thats the problem

anything can be seen as racist these days.

you cant even call the blackboard a blackboard anymore because racism

is it actually racism???

i don't think it is

but your opinion carries more weight not because its more valid but because your team screams the loudest, its typical leftwing hate mob mentality that says the louder you scream the more justified you are  

My team? Rolling Eyes
A blackboard isn't a blackboard because they are no longer black.
I find picky pc stuff nonsense....but when something does look racist I will say so.

yeah your team, the liberal hate mob that wants to tear everything it sees down in the name of tolerance and diversity

under whose authority do you say a thing is racist or it is acceptable??

im interested in what you think gives you the right to say "thats racist"


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

My team? Rolling Eyes
A blackboard isn't a blackboard because they are no longer black.
I find picky pc stuff nonsense....but when something does look racist I will say so.

yeah your team, the liberal hate mob that wants to tear everything it sees down in the name of tolerance and diversity

under whose authority do you say a thing is racist or it is acceptable??

im interested in what you think gives you the right to say "thats racist"


Its called 'free speech' do you have a problem when anyone but yourself uses it?

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by gelico on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:46 pm

someone else mentioned (cant remember who) that there is in fact very real nasty racism out there that should be addressed and called out but people going beserk over an advert which is not racist at all completely makes a mockery of the real victims of real racism imo

this is sick, we are going down a bad road with this nonsense

if Dove are saying that their product is good for all skin types then they show all skin types. If they choose to do so in a quirky fashion which changes skin colour as it goes along then,,,so effing what? that does not equal racism

they can't do right for doing wrong it seems. No matter what they do there will be some twat to scream racism at them and now they have been ''forced'' to apologise. they are probably completely baffled by this childish irrational reaction from what I sincerely hope is a minority of people

FFS!

gelico

Posts : 490
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm

gelico wrote:someone else mentioned (cant remember who) that there is in fact very real nasty racism out there that should be addressed and called out but people going beserk over an advert which is not racist at all completely makes a mockery of the real victims of real racism imo

this is sick, we are going down a bad road with this nonsense

if Dove are saying that their product is good for all skin types then they show all skin types.  If they choose to do so in a quirky fashion which changes skin colour as it goes along then,,,so effing what?  that does not equal racism

they can't do right for doing wrong it seems.  No matter what they do there will be some twat to scream racism at them and now they have been ''forced'' to apologise.  they are probably completely baffled by this childish irrational reaction from what I sincerely hope is a minority of people

FFS!

Well on this occasion I think I may be one of the twats you speak of. Razz

I suppose if you have grown up with a black skin and been made to feel inferior because your skin is dark, an ad like this....and the previous one, would just enforce the belief that white skin is better.

I think the advertising team at Dove if not deliberately racist....are pretty stupid.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by gelico on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:someone else mentioned (cant remember who) that there is in fact very real nasty racism out there that should be addressed and called out but people going beserk over an advert which is not racist at all completely makes a mockery of the real victims of real racism imo

this is sick, we are going down a bad road with this nonsense

if Dove are saying that their product is good for all skin types then they show all skin types.  If they choose to do so in a quirky fashion which changes skin colour as it goes along then,,,so effing what?  that does not equal racism

they can't do right for doing wrong it seems.  No matter what they do there will be some twat to scream racism at them and now they have been ''forced'' to apologise.  they are probably completely baffled by this childish irrational reaction from what I sincerely hope is a minority of people

FFS!

Well on this occasion I think I may be one of the twats you speak of. Razz

I suppose if you have grown up with a black skin and been made to feel inferior because your skin is dark, an ad like this....and the previous one, would just enforce the belief that white skin is better.

I think the advertising team at Dove if not deliberately racist....are pretty stupid.


but by whom and in what way. There is no way it would be allowed so I can't believe anyone would genuinely and justifiably feel that way


i'm pretty sure that the only black people who would take offence at something like that is the likes of weyman bennet and his ilk

otherwise i suspect it may well be white people who think they can speak on behalf of black people which is a fucking patronising liberty if you ask me

i suppose it does mean i'm including you but hey we cant agree on everything
Razz

gelico

Posts : 490
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Odd how nobody has perhaps viewed this as Dove simply saying we're all the fundamentally the same? It's like people are so bored and live such useless lives that they jump on the slightest perceived offence just for the drama of it.

HoratioTarr

Posts : 6586
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Its obvious that people do see this from different perspectives.
I think the ad is awful for the reasons i said.....others think differently.
Dove have apologised....if they had not caused offence they wouldnt have had the misfortune of being in that position.
Maybe they will be more thoughtful in future.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Cass on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well on this occasion I think I may be one of the twats you speak of. Razz

I suppose if you have grown up with a black skin and been made to feel inferior because your skin is dark, an ad like this....and the previous one, would just enforce the belief that white skin is better.

I think the advertising team at Dove if not deliberately racist....are pretty stupid.


but by whom and in what way.  There is no way it would be allowed so I can't believe anyone would genuinely and justifiably feel that way
i'm pretty sure that the only black people who would take offence at something like that is the likes of weyman bennet and his ilk

otherwise i suspect it may well be white people who think they can speak on behalf of black people which is a fucking patronising liberty if you ask me

i suppose it does mean i'm including you but hey we cant agree on everything
Razz

Actually my friends here who are black and of Latina background have had in thepast, bars of soap thrown at them and told to wash off their “dirty skins”.

It’s real and it happens in a daily basis here. So yeah, I’m not fucking patronizing anybody.

I see what they are trying to say, about everybody being different in the outside but underneath we are all the same, but they could have done much better than this.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4017
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:


but by whom and in what way.  There is no way it would be allowed so I can't believe anyone would genuinely and justifiably feel that way
i'm pretty sure that the only black people who would take offence at something like that is the likes of weyman bennet and his ilk

otherwise i suspect it may well be white people who think they can speak on behalf of black people which is a fucking patronising liberty if you ask me

i suppose it does mean i'm including you but hey we cant agree on everything
Razz

Actually my friends here who are black and of Latina background have had in thepast, bars of soap thrown at them and told to wash off their “dirty skins”.

It’s real and it happens in a daily basis here. So yeah, I’m not fucking patronizing anybody.

I see what they are trying to say, about everybody being different in the outside but underneath we are all the same, but they could have done much better than this.

Hava a alien for saying exactly what i feel.

I dont think its patronising to be empathetic to others......you dont actually have to walk tn someones shoes to feel that the crap they have to put up with is hurtful.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by gelico on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:


but by whom and in what way.  There is no way it would be allowed so I can't believe anyone would genuinely and justifiably feel that way
i'm pretty sure that the only black people who would take offence at something like that is the likes of weyman bennet and his ilk

otherwise i suspect it may well be white people who think they can speak on behalf of black people which is a fucking patronising liberty if you ask me

i suppose it does mean i'm including you but hey we cant agree on everything
Razz

Actually my friends here who are black and of Latina background have had in thepast, bars of soap thrown at them and told to wash off their “dirty skins”.

that's the sort of thing that I mean that needs to be stopped, not an innocent advert. far more important to call out the sort of behaviour you just mentioned.

It’s real and it happens in a daily basis here. So yeah, I’m not fucking patronizing anybody.

um,,, I dont know if you think I was directing my remarks at you personally, I honestly wasn't, I was just talking in general

I see what they are trying to say, about everybody being different in the outside but underneath we are all the same, but they could have done much better than this.

which I suppose means they weren't ''sensitive'' enough, or didn't give enough thought to what people might perceive as racist which is all very well but then it gives the impression that whatever advert or article anywhere may at some point inadvertently cause offence to anyone at any time, so what chance?


gelico

Posts : 490
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 am

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well on this occasion I think I may be one of the twats you speak of. Razz

I suppose if you have grown up with a black skin and been made to feel inferior because your skin is dark, an ad like this....and the previous one, would just enforce the belief that white skin is better.

I think the advertising team at Dove if not deliberately racist....are pretty stupid.


but by whom and in what way.  There is no way it would be allowed so I can't believe anyone would genuinely and justifiably feel that way
i'm pretty sure that the only black people who would take offence at something like that is the likes of weyman bennet and his ilk

otherwise i suspect it may well be white people who think they can speak on behalf of black people which is a fucking patronising liberty if you ask me

i suppose it does mean i'm including you but hey we cant agree on everything
Razz

Actually my friends here who are black and of Latina background have had in thepast, bars of soap thrown at them and told to wash off their “dirty skins”.

It’s real and it happens in a daily basis here. So yeah, I’m not fucking patronizing anybody.

I see what they are trying to say, about everybody being different in the outside but underneath we are all the same, but they could have done much better than this.

I had Mexican friends in school who were called (by black kids and white kids) "dirty white boy."

_________________
"Her heartbeat is a rhythm that commands her every word, she's every song I've ever heard."

- Turnpike Troubadors
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22885
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

Actually my friends here who are black and of Latina background have had in thepast, bars of soap thrown at them and told to wash off their “dirty skins”.

It’s real and it happens in a daily basis here. So yeah, I’m not fucking patronizing anybody.

I see what they are trying to say, about everybody being different in the outside but underneath we are all the same, but they could have done much better than this.

I had Mexican friends in school who were called (by black kids and white kids) "dirty white boy."





but kids under a certain age have no idea Ben.

When my daughter was at reception school she wanted a party for her 4th birthday and was at an age to choose her own guests who she wanted.

She made a list and we went through it

One of her guests was a little girl called Monique who was in fact the only black girl in her class. So it went

''Hmm, Jack, which one is Jack?''

''oh Jack is the one with all the stickers on his lunch box, mummy''

''oh, ok, so Daniel, which one is Daniel?''

''Daniel is the one who is covered in freckles''

''oh, ok, so Monique, which one is Monique''

''Monique is the one with all the pretty beads in her hair''

there is no real recognition of ''Monique is the one with the brown face''. It didn't even occur to her I'm sure, they just know the faces they like regardless of colour so they learn the nastiness along the way.

I also had to correct various of their friends who said ''paki shop''. I let them know it was not a word I liked and that it was, in fact, a sweet shop. Yet their parents from what I knew of them were perfectly nice, hardworking, helpful to all type of people yet seemingly saw nothing wrong with saying that.

See, when I was at school, a remark made which today would be considered a racist hate crime and may well end up with a 10 year old kid being reported to the police and suspended and the parents called in etc etc would have been dealt with by the teacher with a swift ''how dare you be so rude? don't you ever let me hear you speak like that again, not to anyone, do you understand?''

to which the answer would have been ''yes sir/miss, sorry, sir/miss''

they would have then been told to apologise to the offended child and there the matter would have ended

i certainly dont think that criminalising children for ignorance is the right way to go. nor to be banging on at companies because their adverts are deemed ''racist''

but i suppose i'm just old fashioned

gelico

Posts : 490
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:15 am

gelico wrote:someone else mentioned (cant remember who) that there is in fact very real nasty racism out there that should be addressed and called out but people going beserk over an advert which is not racist at all completely makes a mockery of the real victims of real racism imo

this is sick, we are going down a bad road with this nonsense

if Dove are saying that their product is good for all skin types then they show all skin types.  If they choose to do so in a quirky fashion which changes skin colour as it goes along then,,,so effing what?  that does not equal racism

they can't do right for doing wrong it seems.  No matter what they do there will be some twat to scream racism at them and now they have been ''forced'' to apologise.  they are probably completely baffled by this childish irrational reaction from what I sincerely hope is a minority of people

FFS!

Rolling Eyes

What a load of crap...

You really don't have a clue, do you !?!

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:24 am

Idea

Re:  the O/P...

Seeing a totally fucked-up ad' from a totally fucked-up company, shows what a totally fucked-up advertising agency those fuckwits at Dove decided to accept this obnoxious advert' from...

And to think that those fuckwitted twonks are being paid mucho $$$$  for that pile of crap..

Right down the line, there must have been several wasted university educations that eventually culminated in that load of racially-insensitive horseshit  ?          afro

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:31 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

My team? Rolling Eyes
A blackboard isn't a blackboard because they are no longer black.
I find picky pc stuff nonsense....but when something does look racist I will say so.

yeah your team, the liberal hate mob that wants to tear everything it sees down in the name of tolerance and diversity

under whose authority do you say a thing is racist or it is acceptable??

im interested in what you think gives you the right to say "thats racist"

Exclamation

You are a racist troll,  through and through,  SmellyBumBandit...

So suck it up and own up to it like a man  --  and stop your snivelling denials like the cretinous little maggot that you are..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:42 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

Re:  the O/P...

Seeing a totally fucked-up ad' from a totally fucked-up company, shows what a totally fucked-up advertising agency those fuckwits at Dove decided to accept this obnoxious advert' from...

And to think that those fuckwitted twonks are being paid mucho $$$$  for that pile of crap..

Right down the line, there must have been several wasted university educations that eventually culminated in that load of racially-insensitive horseshit  ?          afro


settle down now, wetwipe

gelico

Posts : 490
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 am

gelico wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

Re:  the O/P...

Seeing a totally fucked-up ad' from a totally fucked-up company, shows what a totally fucked-up advertising agency those fuckwits at Dove decided to accept this obnoxious advert' from...

And to think that those fuckwitted twonks are being paid mucho $$$$  for that pile of crap..

Right down the line, there must have been several wasted university educations that eventually culminated in that load of racially-insensitive horseshit  ?          afro


settle down now, wetwipe

I think he makes a good point, bloody-wipe.  For decades the advertising industry has carried on what Trump has only recently brought to light.  You can lie with impunity, as long as you just smile and say, I was doing it for money..

Volkswagen pulls off the greatest fraud in the history of man--creating software falsifying emission standards--and the very next day Volkswagen is on the air telling us how wonderful they are. What outrageous testicles.  I thought at least they would take a week or two off, then come back and lie to us.  But the very next day!!

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 20028
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 am

gelico wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

Re:  the O/P...

Seeing a totally fucked-up ad' from a totally fucked-up company, shows what a totally fucked-up advertising agency those fuckwits at Dove decided to accept this obnoxious advert' from...

And to think that those fuckwitted twonks are being paid mucho $$$$  for that pile of crap..

Right down the line, there must have been several wasted university educations that eventually culminated in that load of racially-insensitive horseshit  ?          afro


settle down now, wetwipe

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off with your empty Floptard_troll insults, you braindead old scrubber...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 am

Syl wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

yeah your team, the liberal hate mob that wants to tear everything it sees down in the name of tolerance and diversity

under whose authority do you say a thing is racist or it is acceptable??

im interested in what you think gives you the right to say "thats racist"


Its called 'free speech' do you have a problem when anyone but yourself uses it?

i dont care about your opinion syl, its mostly irrelevant to me

i do care about the fact that you think i need to respect and obey your opinion though

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:27 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its called 'free speech' do you have a problem when anyone but yourself uses it?

i dont care about your opinion syl, its mostly irrelevant to me

i do care about the fact that you think i need to respect and obey your opinion though


My opinion is obviously not irrelevant to you as you seem overly keen in dissecting many of my posts that more often than not differ greatly from yours.....thankfully.

I care about the respect of people I myself respect, which would count you out.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Syl wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

i dont care about your opinion syl, its mostly irrelevant to me

i do care about the fact that you think i need to respect and obey your opinion though


My opinion is obviously not irrelevant to you as you seem overly keen in dissecting many of my posts, that more often than not differ greatly from yours.....thankfully.

I care about the respect of people I myself respect, which would count you out.

you have a very large opinion of yourself

dont confuse me responding to you with me respecting your opinions.

if you do not want me to respond to you then your wish is my command

i will place on you the ignore list and you will no longer be bothered by me.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:03 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:


My opinion is obviously not irrelevant to you as you seem overly keen in dissecting many of my posts, that more often than not differ greatly from yours.....thankfully.

I care about the respect of people I myself respect, which would count you out.

you have a very large opinion of yourself

dont confuse me responding to you with me respecting your opinions.

if you do not want me to respond to you then your wish is my command

i will place on you the ignore list and you will no longer be bothered by me.


The large opinion emits from you.....you are not one iota as clever as you think you are.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by magica on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:21 pm

I don't think its racist, but I do think its ignorant to think Dove washes you so white you change colour.

I wonder who dreamed that little gem up.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1807
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm

magica wrote:I don't think its racist, but I do think its ignorant to think Dove washes you so white you change colour.

I wonder who dreamed that little gem up.

I'm not sure that's what they were going for.

I see it as they are saying that Dove is for everyone, I can see the creative team tearing their hair out at the stupidity of so many people

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:54 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
magica wrote:I don't think its racist, but I do think its ignorant to think Dove washes you so white you change colour.

I wonder who dreamed that little gem up.

I'm not sure that's what they were going for.

I see it as they are saying that Dove is for everyone, I can see the creative team tearing their hair out at the stupidity of so many people

Rolling Eyes

No matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise, you still remain the slimiest little turd on this forum, SmellyBumTroll..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:01 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I'm not sure that's what they were going for.

I see it as they are saying that Dove is for everyone, I can see the creative team tearing their hair out at the stupidity of so many people

Rolling Eyes

No matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise,  you still remain the slimiest little turd on this forum,  SmellyBumTroll..

Sounds good to me wolfie

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

magica wrote:I don't think its racist, but I do think its ignorant to think Dove washes you so white you change colour.

I wonder who dreamed that little gem up.

Apparently they say they also made another ad where the white woman turned black......be damned if I can find it anywhere.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by magica on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I don't think its racist, but I do think its ignorant to think Dove washes you so white you change colour.

I wonder who dreamed that little gem up.

Apparently they say they also made another ad where the white woman turned black......be damned if I can find it anywhere.

Ok, so what is the point of these ads tbh Syl. They could've done a million other things, instead of this.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1807
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Apparently they say they also made another ad where the white woman turned black......be damned if I can find it anywhere.

Ok, so what is the point of these ads tbh Syl. They could've done a million other things, instead of this.

The only point I can see is to cause controversy, just as the Benetton ads have done in the past.

I do happen to think this ad, and the previous one I posted can be construed as racist.....if not why are both ads showing the dark colour as before and the light colour after?
They are just reinforcing the view that some people hold that pale skin is preferable to dark skin...which imo = racism.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm

The earlier ad.....seems Dove deliberately like to be controversial.
Their stuff is crap anyway.


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Apparently they say they also made another ad where the white woman turned black......be damned if I can find it anywhere.

Ok, so what is the point of these ads tbh Syl. They could've done a million other things, instead of this.

whats so bad about them?? scratch

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by magica on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't see the point in it tbh Smelly. Turning black into white is what I see. I'm not one who sees racism behind everything, but this isn't right imo.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1807
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 pm

magica wrote:I don't see the point in it tbh Smelly. Turning black into white is what I see. I'm not one who sees racism behind everything, but this isn't right imo.

"Turning black into white is what I see"

"I'm not one who sees racism behind everything"

if what you see is turning black into white, then im afraid you are seeing racism behind everything

do you honestly think the dove creative team sat down and said "lets make the most racist advert we can think of"

thats not how it works, an advert would go through several phases of evolution with oversight on oversight to ensure that the ad is perfect, there would be people analyzing every word in the ad and then researching what those words mean in other languages so as to avoid awkward linguistical mistakes.

i cannot believe that the entire dove team would have missed some racist angle on this.

this advert is not racist,the people watching it are

this is just another example of the left wing liberal hate mob screaming about racism in the shadows and you've been swept up in their hysteria


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Cass on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Gels- sorry stupid phone not functioning with replies...

Both the behavior and thought process are part of the same problem and it’s impor to equally stamp it out, but sadly it won’t ever go away. Since the early days of humans, there have always been ones who view themselves superior to others.

You don’t understand, and neither do I because we’ve never had a bar of soap thrown at us have we? I’ve never been made to feel inferior as a white person, although most certainly as a woman. The advert was probably done in innocence but some trident think it all the way through. I certainly thought it was awful.

I know it wasn’t directed at me but I’m tired of people saying I’m patronizing others because I’m not the same as them when I try to be an ally to those who have been hurt.

I will be back later to answer more. Gotta get back to work xx

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4017
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dove Apologises For ‘Racist’ Facebook Advert Following Backlash

Post by Cass on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Cheers Syl x

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4017
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum