Religion is it a choice ?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Religion is it a choice

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap82% Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18% Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 11

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss

I think it is a choice
You can either choose to believe in a god/ Supream being or choose not to

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


We are talking in regards to choice, think about it if you doubted this faith/belief/knowing?

stil makes no difference, you may have times of doubt many believers do.



That actually shows it is a choice then if you have doubt, if it were not a choice you would not doubt it, try reading the thread then you might learn something.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:27 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

stil makes no difference, you may have times of doubt many believers do.



That actually shows it is a choice then if you have doubt, if it were not a choice you would not doubt it, try reading the thread then you might learn something.

no because you could be coerced, you doubt it yourself but are to afraid to not choose it, read and learn lad....  :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:



That actually shows it is a choice then if you have doubt, if it were not a choice you would not doubt it, try reading the thread then you might learn something.

no because you could be coerced, you doubt it yourself but are to afraid to not choose it, read and learn lad....  :/pwn://: 



Hilarious and complete nonsense, "could be"  is just a scenario you have introduced, plus you would not doubt your faith still inwardly, so again you muck it again, so funny.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:33 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

no because you could be coerced, you doubt it yourself but are to afraid to not choose it, read and learn lad....  :/pwn://: 



Hilarious and complete nonsense, "could be"  is just a scenario you have introduced, plus you would not doubt your faith still inwardly, so again you muck it again, so funny.

its a real scenario, i'm sure many muslims are probably marginal at best but have to  go through the trouble of going to the mosque ,praying etc because they would be in danger from their community, same within families, even some other faith people could feel they are letting their parents down if they don't make a token effort to show they believe... once again didge.. :/pwn://:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:



Hilarious and complete nonsense, "could be"  is just a scenario you have introduced, plus you would not doubt your faith still inwardly, so again you muck it again, so funny.

its a real scenario, i'm sure many muslms are probably marginal at best but have to  go through the trouble of going to the mosque ,praying etc because they would be in danger from their community, same within families, eve some other faith people could feel they are letting their parents down if they don't make a token effort to show they believe... once again didge.. :/pwn://: 
 ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

That means they they are living a lie by a choice.

Seriously really PMSL at that nonsense

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:42 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:


its a real scenario, i'm sure many muslms are probably marginal at best but have to  go through the trouble of going to the mosque ,praying etc because they would be in danger from their community, same within families, eve some other faith people could feel they are letting their parents down if they don't make a token effort to show they believe... once again didge.. :/pwn://: 
 ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 



That means they they are living a lie by a choice.

Seriously really PMSL at that nonsense

so their fear is by choice, you really aren't to quick on this are you.... :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:44 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:
 ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 



That means they they are living a lie by a choice.

Seriously really PMSL at that nonsense

so their fear is by choice, you really aren't to quick on this are you.... :/pwn://: 


Of course it is choice, people who do not doubt their faith, are also not afraid to show their faith and even die for this.

Please some more of your Christian enlightenment, it has me in stitches

 :D

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:47 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

so their fear is by choice, you really aren't to quick on this are you.... :/pwn://: 


Of course it is choice, people who do not doubt their faith, are also not afraid to show their faith and even die for this.

Please some more of your Christian enlightenment, it has me in stitches

 :D

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Of course it is choice, people who do not doubt their faith, are also not afraid to show their faith and even die for this.

Please some more of your Christian enlightenment, it has me in stitches

 :D

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death  are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 
  

No they are making a choice for themselves, again thus being a choice.

Read did you say?

 lol! 

It might help if you had done that from the start, as this is hilarious your absurd view points here

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death  are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 
  

No they are making a choice for themselves, again thus being a choice.

Read did you say?

 lol! 

It might help if you had done that from the start, as this is hilarious your absurd view points here

that's a poor cover up..lol..read the OP... :/pwn://: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

so their fear is by choice, you really aren't to quick on this are you.... :/pwn://: 


Of course it is choice, people who do not doubt their faith, are also not afraid to show their faith and even die for this.

Please some more of your Christian enlightenment, it has me in stitches

 :D

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death  are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 

Are you saying that without faith there's only pain and death? Are you saying that faith prevents pain and death?

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death  are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 

Are you saying that without faith there's only pain and death? Are you saying that faith prevents pain and death?



Good luck with this Ben, he fails to grasp many things!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

So you think people who accept something rather than pain or death  are making a choice for a faith...you must read what you post you would blush... :/pwn://: 

Are you saying that without faith there's only pain and death? Are you saying that faith prevents pain and death?

neither, i don't know what you lot are reading, I am saying you could be coerced in to showing you have a faith, either through physical harm or the fear of it, or by no wanting to upset others.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:06 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you saying that without faith there's only pain and death? Are you saying that faith prevents pain and death?

neither, i don't know what you lot are reading, I am saying you could be coerced in to showing you have a faith, either through physical harm or the fear of it, or by no wanting to upset others.


You still have a choice, you either choose to accept the harm done, or you choose to do so out of fear of harm, each time it is a choice still.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:33 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

neither, i don't know what you lot are reading, I am saying you could be coerced in to showing you have a faith, either through physical harm or the fear of it, or by no wanting to upset others.


You still have a choice, you either choose to accept the harm done, or you choose to do so out of fear of harm, each time it is a choice still.

the Op asks is religion a choice... Idea 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Sorry veya that is nonsense, the only time they would be incompatible is when they conflict and in many areas of science they do not conflict. Many religious people have furthered science.

There is no denying some people of faith have tried to stem the flow of science more out of fear that it may disprove what they believe. But actual scientists who are religious have no conflict with the fields they are in.

Science is not the only way we understand things, the difference from other ways is in its dependence on empirical evidence and testable explanations. What you also forget is that acceptance of the evidence for evolution can be compatible with religious faith.

Thus they can and are compatible

Name the religion?
Go On..... None of the monotheist religions can accept Evolution, while maintaining that there is any truth in their dogma, they all have creation stories which are not 'we evolved from apes'.
The closest could be Buddhism but even then modern Buddhism is too steeped in dogma and hardly follows the original teachings of searching for enlightenment

"Many religious people have furthered science".. So they would be Humans and thus prone to the quizzical behaviour, like I said humans do not always behave logically therefore they can advance science in one field and still be held by religious superstitions in another. One only has to look at Newtons discredited Biblical Numeracy works to see in other ways he was batshit crazy, even if he did work out the formulas for some of the most fundamental physics.

Also, Very Few Scientist are religious
In 1998, members of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences were polled on their beliefs in human immortality and a personal god. Only 7% of the respondents reported belief in a personal god. In earlier versions of this study (in 1914 and 1933), with different groups of "greater scientists," rates of belief in a personal god are always less 30%.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:15 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:Sorry veya that is nonsense, the only time they would be incompatible is when they conflict and in many areas of science they do not conflict. Many religious people have furthered science.

There is no denying some people of faith have tried to stem the flow of science more out of fear that it may disprove what they believe. But actual scientists who are religious have no conflict with the fields they are in.

Science is not the only way we understand things, the difference from other ways is in its dependence on empirical evidence and testable explanations. What you also forget is that acceptance of the evidence for evolution can be compatible with religious faith.

Thus they can and are compatible

Name the religion?
Go On..... None of the monotheist religions can accept Evolution, while maintaining that there is any truth in their dogma, they all have creation stories which are not 'we evolved from apes'.
The closest could be Buddhism but even then modern Buddhism is too steeped in dogma and hardly follows the original teachings of searching for enlightenment

"Many religious people have furthered science".. So they would be Humans and thus prone to the quizzical behaviour, like I said humans do not always behave logically therefore they can advance science in one field and still be held by religious superstitions in another. One only has to look at Newtons discredited Biblical Numeracy works to see in other ways he was batshit crazy, even if he did work out the formulas for some of the most fundamental physics.

Also, Very Few Scientist are religious
In 1998, members of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences were polled on their beliefs in human immortality and a personal god. Only 7% of the respondents reported belief in a personal god. In earlier versions of this study (in 1914 and 1933), with different groups of "greater scientists," rates of belief in a personal god are always less 30%.

wow do people actually think we evolved from apes, that is so demeaning to mankind.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:17 pm

heavenly father wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:Sorry veya that is nonsense, the only time they would be incompatible is when they conflict and in many areas of science they do not conflict. Many religious people have furthered science.

There is no denying some people of faith have tried to stem the flow of science more out of fear that it may disprove what they believe. But actual scientists who are religious have no conflict with the fields they are in.

Science is not the only way we understand things, the difference from other ways is in its dependence on empirical evidence and testable explanations. What you also forget is that acceptance of the evidence for evolution can be compatible with religious faith.

Thus they can and are compatible

Name the religion?
Go On..... None of the monotheist religions can accept Evolution, while maintaining that there is any truth in their dogma, they all have creation stories which are not 'we evolved from apes'.
The closest could be Buddhism but even then modern Buddhism is too steeped in dogma and hardly follows the original teachings of searching for enlightenment

"Many religious people have furthered science".. So they would be Humans and thus prone to the quizzical behaviour, like I said humans do not always behave logically therefore they can advance science in one field and still be held by religious superstitions in another. One only has to look at Newtons discredited Biblical Numeracy works to see in other ways he was batshit crazy, even if he did work out the formulas for some of the most fundamental physics.

Also, Very Few Scientist are religious
In 1998, members of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences were polled on their beliefs in human immortality and a personal god. Only 7% of the respondents reported belief in a personal god. In earlier versions of this study (in 1914 and 1933), with different groups of "greater scientists," rates of belief in a personal god are always less 30%.

wow do people actually think we evolved from apes, that is so demeaning to mankind.

Not really, apes are awesome! Here are two of them:

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Corbis-HN001514

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 pm

i wonder why all apes didn't evolve did some miss evolution college...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat03.html

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Since you won't read that:

6. If humans evolved from apes then why are there still apes?

Humans did not evolve from present-day apes. Rather, humans and apes share a common ancestor that gave rise to both. This common ancestor, although not identical to modern apes, was almost certainly more apelike than humanlike in appearance and behavior. At some point -- scientists estimate that between 5 and 8 million years ago -- this species diverged into two distinct lineages, one of which were the hominids, or humanlike species, and the other ultimately evolved into the African great ape species living today.


Of course, you won't read that either.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

heavenly father wrote:i wonder why all apes didn't evolve did some miss evolution college...

Really Suspect Suspect Suspect did you skip a lot of school or something?


Well to put it really simply only the monkeys in north Africa evolved into the 'Great Apes' when a massive volcanic eruption wiped out the rainforests and started the process that has created the Sahara desert, Monkeys in other parts of the world were unaffected so remained monkeys . One of the monkeys decided since there was no trees it would get around by Swinging on its knuckles, over millions of years they have diverged into Species like Gorillas, Chimps and Baboons. Another of the monkeys decide to get around it would try standing on it's hind legs over millions of years this monkey evolved into many hominid species, most of the hominid species have become extinct with time except for one Homo Sapiens.

the pressures of surviving this dramatic climatic event (many Species didn't only a few adapted quick enough) left strong adaptable creatures (both Hominid and Ape) that migrated out of Africa and around the world further adapting to local environments they encountered.


And to REALLY show how silly your argument is.

If you have a Sibling and they marry an Arab will your children be Arabs? IF that Nephew then married an African, will your grandnieces have the same skin colour as your grandchildren? No obviously not Genes don't work that way. why would a variable gene in a specific pocket of the population be universal?
Apes Alive today are like distant cousins. Are you the mirror image of your distant cousins? they have taken a different branch of a family tree that can be traced back all the way to worms in the ocean. the Chimpanzee has had as many variations as humans

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am

For me Veya has got this in a nutshell; religion or faith isn't a choice, as sphinx says it is an internal feeling or belief- however to read, learn and understand the world is to be able to unshackle the chains of religion and belief in the supernatural- the choice, as Veya says is to remain ignorant.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 am

Eilzel wrote:For me Veya has got this in a nutshell; religion or faith isn't a choice, as sphinx says it is an internal feeling or belief- however to read, learn and understand the world is to be able to unshackle the chains of religion and belief in the supernatural- the choice, as Veya says is to remain ignorant.

Or the choice is to accept what man tells you and let's face it we seem to be right all the time...Not...

how was the universe made again was it a big bang or something oh yes and all things came from a giant soup...classic.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I disagree. I say this because I tried to hang onto my faith for a long time and eventually had to just face the fact that my heart was not in it.
But you "tried to hang on to your faith" surely that`s was a choice
And on discovering you heart wasn`t in it choose not to believe

Some people's hearts are in it like sphinx who seems to think I am mocking her or trying to start a fight i really am not  
i am genuinely interested as i never really understood why people feel drawn to it "spiritually"

you wont ever understand it


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:For me Veya has got this in a nutshell; religion or faith isn't a choice, as sphinx says it is an internal feeling or belief- however to read, learn and understand the world is to be able to unshackle the chains of religion and belief in the supernatural- the choice, as Veya says is to remain ignorant.

or perhaps the choice is to choose to remain fearful of the unknown


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:40 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
But you "tried to hang on to your faith" surely that`s was a choice
And on discovering you heart wasn`t in it choose not to believe

Some people's hearts are in it like sphinx who seems to think I am mocking her or trying to start a fight i really am not  
i am genuinely interested as i never really understood why people feel drawn to it "spiritually"

you wont ever understand it

perhaps ...................that doesn`t mean I shouldn't try  to

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

you wont ever understand it

perhaps ...................that doesn`t mean I shouldn't try  to

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence"

guess you never heard of WWII

or

WWI

or

Malaya emergency

or

the Falklands

or

the Balkans

or any of the dozens of wars that ended in peace through violence

get back to the peace pipe hippy


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

you wont ever understand it

perhaps ...................that doesn`t mean I shouldn't try  to

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence"

guess you never heard of WWII

or

WWI

or

Malaya emergency

or

the Falklands

or

the Balkans

or any of the dozens of wars that ended in peace through violence

get back to the peace pipe hippy


And of course, all of those wars culminated in the awesome state of global peace we enjoy today!  Rolling Eyes 

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence"

guess you never heard of WWII

or

WWI

or

Malaya emergency

or

the Falklands

or

the Balkans

or any of the dozens of wars that ended in peace through violence

get back to the peace pipe hippy


And of course, all of those wars culminated in the awesome state of global peace we enjoy today!  Rolling Eyes 
Yes Ben that's true nobody since WW2 had died because of conflict
its been 60 years since a weapon was used in anger in any kind of war rabbit 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence"

guess you never heard of WWII

or

WWI

or

Malaya emergency

or

the Falklands

or

the Balkans

or any of the dozens of wars that ended in peace through violence

get back to the peace pipe hippy


And of course, all of those wars culminated in the awesome state of global peace we enjoy today!  Rolling Eyes 

you just love diverting threads to hear the sound of your own voice don't you??


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

And of course, all of those wars culminated in the awesome state of global peace we enjoy today!  Rolling Eyes 
Yes Ben that's true nobody since WW2 had died because of conflict
its been 60 years since a weapon was used in anger in any kind of war rabbit 

do you believe that the Nazi regime could have been defeated through understanding??


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:12 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
Yes Ben that's true nobody since WW2 had died because of conflict
its been 60 years since a weapon was used in anger in any kind of war rabbit 

do you believe that the Nazi regime could have been defeated through understanding??



War can help bring an end to conflict, where after you can then try to bring about peace, so yes war plays a part, but peace is generally won after.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm

I can see the chat now "excuse me mister hitler, would you mind not killing all those jews and disabled people and would you please give back all those countries you took, what seems to be the problem and how can we better understand your need for world domination and mass murder.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
Yes Ben that's true nobody since WW2 had died because of conflict
its been 60 years since a weapon was used in anger in any kind of war rabbit 

do you believe that the Nazi regime could have been defeated through understanding??

Do try and keep up there's a good chap
This is a thread about religion and as such my quote was directed to that
Naziism is an ideology, not a religion

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

do you believe that the Nazi regime could have been defeated through understanding??

Do try and keep up there's a good chap
This is a thread about religion and as such my quote was directed to that
Naziism is an ideology, not a religion  

all religions are ideologies

now i will ask you again

do you believe that the nazi regime could have been defeated using your approach of "understanding"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

do you believe that the Nazi regime could have been defeated through understanding??



War can help bring an end to conflict, where after you can then try to bring about peace, so yes war plays a part, but peace is generally won after.

how profound

 Sleep 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:29 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


War can help bring an end to conflict, where after you can then try to bring about peace, so yes war plays a part, but peace is generally won after.

how profound

 Sleep 

Well it was more precise than your view

 :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:38 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
Do try and keep up there's a good chap
This is a thread about religion and as such my quote was directed to that
Naziism is an ideology, not a religion  

all religions are ideologies

now i will ask you again

do you believe that the nazi regime could have been defeated using your approach of "understanding"
Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence

Political ideologies have two dimensions:

Goals: how society should work
Methods: the most appropriate ways to achieve the ideal arrangement


So although the words are the same as the meaning is different





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

all religions are ideologies

now i will ask you again

do you believe that the nazi regime could have been defeated using your approach of "understanding"
Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence

Political ideologies have two dimensions:

   Goals: how society should work
   Methods: the most appropriate ways to achieve the ideal arrangement


So although the words are the same as the meaning is different





you're such a coward, one who refuses to own his opinions

how pathetic

anyway ALL religions ARE ideologies, youre so thick you think ideology relates to the political sphere only, that is wrong

and of course you are wrong, since peace can be achieved through violence


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:
Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence

Political ideologies have two dimensions:

   Goals: how society should work
   Methods: the most appropriate ways to achieve the ideal arrangement


So although the words are the same as the meaning is different





you're such a coward, one who refuses to own his opinions

how pathetic

anyway ALL religions ARE ideologies, youre so thick you think ideology relates to the political sphere only, that is wrong

and of course you are wrong, since peace can be achieved through violence

 
peace through violence .Mmmmm .....so when did you last beat your wife smelly

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:For me Veya has got this in a nutshell; religion or faith isn't a choice, as sphinx says it is an internal feeling or belief- however to read, learn and understand the world is to be able to unshackle the chains of religion and belief in the supernatural- the choice, as Veya says is to remain ignorant.

Or the choice is to accept what man tells you and let's face it we seem to be right all the time...Not...

how was the universe made again was it a big bang or something oh yes and all things came from a giant soup...classic.

OR educate yourself and learn mathematics.

when Push comes to shove Science can be proven by numbers. it actually has the figures and measurements to back up its claims


Science doesn't know how the universe started, big bang is just a hypothesis

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Or the choice is to accept what man tells you and let's face it we seem to be right all the time...Not...

how was the universe made again was it a big bang or something oh yes and all things came from a giant soup...classic.

OR educate yourself and learn mathematics.

when Push comes to shove Science can be proven by numbers. it actually has the figures and measurements to back up its claims


Science doesn't know how the universe started, big bang is just a hypothesis

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Or the choice is to accept what man tells you and let's face it we seem to be right all the time...Not...

how was the universe made again was it a big bang or something oh yes and all things came from a giant soup...classic.

OR educate yourself and learn mathematics.

when Push comes to shove Science can be proven by numbers. it actually has the figures and measurements to back up its claims


Science doesn't know how the universe started, big bang is just a hypothesis

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Atheists don't "have faith" in the big bang the way you have faith in your deity, Pigman. If evidence came out that the big bang probably wasn't the way the universe originated, you wouldn't see people like me defending the big bang, telling other people they'd be tortured non-stop for all eternity if they didn't believe in it, etc.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Atheists don't "have faith" in the big bang the way you have faith in your deity, Pigman. If evidence came out that the big bang probably wasn't the way the universe originated, you wouldn't see people like me defending the big bang, telling other people they'd be tortured non-stop for all eternity if they didn't believe in it, etc.

i saw the way you defended your religion of evolution, despite claiming previously that science didn't claim to be a definite.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:25 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Atheists don't "have faith" in the big bang the way you have faith in your deity, Pigman. If evidence came out that the big bang probably wasn't the way the universe originated, you wouldn't see people like me defending the big bang, telling other people they'd be tortured non-stop for all eternity if they didn't believe in it, etc.

i saw the way you defended your religion of evolution, despite claiming previously that science didn't claim to be a definite.. :D 

And, you're trolling again. I don't worship evolution, I was simply posting the evidence that supports the theory. There's an awful lot of it.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Eilzel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

OR educate yourself and learn mathematics.

when Push comes to shove Science can be proven by numbers. it actually has the figures and measurements to back up its claims


Science doesn't know how the universe started, big bang is just a hypothesis

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Well the evidential fact the universe is expanding means the Big Bang theory is a very likely theory, but as Ben says, if it became clear this wasn't the case we 'believers' of science would abandon it in a flash- however such evidence is not forthcoming.

Unlike of course the scientific nonesense of a timeless theistic God who impregnated a virgin who then gave birth to said God whose intention was to die to forgive humans the sin he gave them, but then come back to life and float to heaven thus proving his divinity (since no other way would do). Which you would cling to dogmatically even if Rama and Shiva strolled up to your doorstep and told you 'sorry bud the Hindus were right'  Twisted Evil 

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i saw the way you defended your religion of evolution, despite claiming previously that science didn't claim to be a definite.. :D 

And, you're trolling again. I don't worship evolution, I was simply posting the evidence that supports the theory. There's an awful lot of it.

why is disagreeing with you trolling??

there is even more information about the bible...does that make it more believable..

you leapt to the defence of evolution as if it was a given definite.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Well the evidential fact the universe is expanding means the Big Bang theory is a very likely theory, but as Ben says, if it became clear this wasn't the case we 'believers' of science would abandon it in a flash- however such evidence is not forthcoming.

Unlike of course the scientific nonesense of a timeless theistic God who impregnated a virgin who then gave birth to said God whose intention was to die to forgive humans the sin he gave them, but then come back to life and float to heaven thus proving his divinity (since no other way would do). Which you would cling to dogmatically even if Rama and Shiva strolled up to your doorstep and told you 'sorry bud the Hindus were right'  Twisted Evil 

big bang theory is likely...lol so how did this big bang occur??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

 Religion is it a choice ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion is it a choice ?

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Science is just the religion of the godless

What's makes your belief in the unproven Big Bang theory any less ridiculous than my belief in a spiritual deity


Well the evidential fact the universe is expanding means the Big Bang theory is a very likely theory, but as Ben says, if it became clear this wasn't the case we 'believers' of science would abandon it in a flash- however such evidence is not forthcoming.

Unlike of course the scientific nonesense of a timeless theistic God who impregnated a virgin who then gave birth to said God whose intention was to die to forgive humans the sin he gave them, but then come back to life and float to heaven thus proving his divinity (since no other way would do). Which you would cling to dogmatically even if Rama and Shiva strolled up to your doorstep and told you 'sorry bud the Hindus were right'  Twisted Evil 

big bang theory is likely...lol so how did this big bang occur??

Imagine that -- yet another science topic you wish to debate despite knowing nothing about it! The big bang is still happening.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum