please oh please let this end in civil war

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Spain storm may end in a civil war, says EU official: Ally of Angela Merkel warns 'very worrying' situation risks spiralling into an armed conflict

Spain could soon erupt into civil war, a top EU official warned yesterday as the crisis in Catalonia deepened.

In a highly-charged intervention, Gunther Oettinger said the dispute over the region’s independence risked spiralling into Western Europe’s first armed conflict for decades.

Despite the EU’s reluctance to become involved, Mr Oettinger, an ally of Angela Merkel who serves as the bloc’s budget commissioner, said the situation is ‘very, very worrying’. ‘There is a civil war imaginable now in the middle of Europe,’ he said. ‘One can only hope that a thread of conversation will soon be recorded between Madrid and Barcelona.’

The use of the phrase ‘civil war’ is particularly antagonistic to Spain due to its bloody civil war from 1936 to 1939.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4953982/Spain-storm-end-civil-war-says-EU-official.html

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:22 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah Ziz was a completely different poster to smelly and actually far more underhanded - let's not compare apples to oranges. Rolling Eyes

It's interesting to note that some people who dislike a certain person's opinions call that person a troll. There's a big difference.

And, might I add, Ziz is welcome back anytime he likes.

Rolling Eyes

Do you actually understand the term "internet troll" yourself,  eddie  ???

Stormee was..
Smelly' clearly is..

I have seen Deano, Sly, Raggs and co. often "trolling" various threads, when attempting to back some of their equally demented Floptard cohorts on here.

That's a fact..

And at the same time, we often see those Floptards and a couple of their crazy supporters falsely accusing me, Andy, veya, Quill, sassy of being "trolls"  --  proving just what a bunch of lying crazies those Floptards are, at the core of things...

For you to falsely accuse ziz of being "underhanded" on here -- while constantly defending the likes of Horatio, Sly, Raggs and VoD  --  well, that says more about you then him,  eddie..

The other thing I'll ever accuse you of is being damned good entertainment

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:49 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:What kind of person really hopes for civil war, though?

Hopefully it won't. With such a huge number apparently voting for independence, it's something Spain has to take seriously and not simply respond to with violence.

because it was inevitable to happen sooner or later and I'm not sure Spain will be the only one

the longer it boils the worse it will be so let it happen now and get it over with

The EU will be destroyed by it's own member states

or the Anti EU nationalist peasants will die of old age Rolling Eyes

I mean it's not like the youth largely support the EU as the ONLY FUCKING WAY they will have a job, money, life worth living, in the future. the desire to turn the European economy into Africa's is almost all coming from the old and delusional Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
gelico wrote:

because it was inevitable to happen sooner or later and I'm not sure Spain will be the only one

the longer it boils the worse it will be so let it happen now and get it over with

The EU will be destroyed by it's own member states

or the Anti EU nationalist peasants will die of old age Rolling Eyes

I  mean  it's not like the youth largely support the EU as the ONLY FUCKING WAY they will have a job, money, life worth living, in the future.  the desire to turn the European economy into Africa's is almost all coming from the old and delusional Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  

Because the youth employment figures of Europe are Sooooooooooo good right??

You're delusional

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And who started the slippery slope? You did by mentioning an ex poster who was absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and nothing to do with this forum any more. Then you pulled eddie up because she doesn't think that he's quite as wonderful as you do. You started it yet again, and now you're playing the victim yet again.

The only slippery slope is you trying to control the contents of my posts.
That is NOT going to happen, in this lifetime!

You're the one trying to control my responses to your silly posts ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:08 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Fine, but if you sing the praises of someone who is an obvious troll, you should expect some response.
Idea

And here we see Ragg'  proving that she too doesn't know what a "troll" is...

Calls ziz a troll..
Has falsely labelled me and others on here as trolls..
Simply because she doesn't like seeing the truth spelt out in front of her her  !

And yet we often see her fawning over her favourite 'Flap trolls whenever they visit here..

I do know what a troll is - I'm replying to one right now. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Fine, but if you sing the praises of someone who is an obvious troll, you should expect some response.

I clearly said I would not mention his name again (even tho I was breaking no rules by mentioning him.)
That concession should have been more than enough for most people.


No, you said you wouldn't mention him again, but you did. You didn't need to mention him even once. You were bitching about someone else on here anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Jules on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

No, you said you wouldn't mention him again, but you did.  

Tell you what, because you've made such an unholy fuss over absolutely nothing I will defo mention him again in future. So you can make a big fuss all over again,  seeing as you have nowt better to do.

The only person Ziz trolled was your neonazi sweetheart, stormee, that repulsive hate preacher who preached malicious hate on here on a daily basis.  






Raggamuffin wrote:You were bitching about someone else on here anyway.
Criticising someone for making nonstop outrageous posts is ''bitching''??  Fucking sue me! booby shake

_________________
Don't let the world change your smile
avatar
Jules

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, you said you wouldn't mention him again, but you did.  

Tell you what, because you've made such an unholy fuss over absolutely nothing I will defo mention him again in future. So you can make a big fuss all over again,  seeing as you have nowt better to do.

The only person Ziz trolled was your neonazi sweetheart, stormee, that repulsive hate preacher who preached malicious hate on here on a daily basis.  






Raggamuffin wrote:You were bitching about someone else on here anyway.
Criticising someone for making nonstop outrageous posts is ''bitching''??  Fucking sue me! booby shake

Now you're mentioning another poster who's no longer here. You need to concentrate on the here and now Jules. Wink

Yeah, you were bitching - you didn't even have the courage to say who you were talking about.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29150
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
gelico wrote:

because it was inevitable to happen sooner or later and I'm not sure Spain will be the only one

the longer it boils the worse it will be so let it happen now and get it over with

The EU will be destroyed by it's own member states

or the Anti EU nationalist peasants will die of old age Rolling Eyes

I  mean  it's not like the youth largely support the EU as the ONLY FUCKING WAY they will have a job, money, life worth living, in the future.  the desire to turn the European economy into Africa's is almost all coming from the old and delusional Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  

Because the youth employment figures of Europe are Sooooooooooo good right??

You're delusional

no there not and they will only get worse without the EU everyone with half a brain  knows that.

Of course you know to fix the ever increasing unemployment requires completely revamping the system which of course is also stopped by old peasants that want things to be like BEFORE they  fucked everything for future generations, or to before technology made human labor largely redundant or back to the nationalist era when 'Nazi like' beliefs where promoted and almost bought the world to an end in the cold war.

the problem with the west today is too many old people voting like it is still 1970 and not voting for what is NEEDED (not what your delusional useless cowardly ass wants) in the future.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:04 am

You need to come out of the bush and into the real world, your too insular .
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Because the youth employment figures of Europe are Sooooooooooo good right??

You're delusional

no there not and they will only get worse without the EU everyone with half a brain  knows that.

Of course you know to fix the ever increasing unemployment requires completely revamping the system which of course is also stopped by old peasants that want things to be like BEFORE they  fucked everything for future generations, or to before technology made human labor largely redundant or back to the nationalist era when 'Nazi like' beliefs where promoted and almost bought the world to an end in the cold war.

the problem with the west today is too many old people voting like it is still 1970 and not voting for what is NEEDED (not what your delusional useless cowardly ass wants) in the future.

We won the vote, which means the majority of British people don't believe in what you are saying.

You're wrong, plain and simple, the vote proved that.

Deal with it

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 am



IF Smelly'  were a genuine Brit, we could take some heed of his senseless gibberings...

However, in another thread he claims to have been born in South Africa..

Racist fascist twat without a country to call his own,  he be  !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

IF Smelly'  were a genuine Brit, we could take some heed of his senseless gibberings...

However, in another thread he claims to have been born in South Africa..

Racist fascist twat without a country to call his own,  he be  !

that's pretty xenophobic wolfie

think i might report your for your anti-immigrant stance




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Spanish government warns Catalonia not to do anything 'irreversible' ahead of expected breakaway announcement as Nazi-saluting thugs spark violence at independence march in VALENCIA

The Spanish government has warned Catalonia not to do anything 'irreversible' ahead of an expected breakaway announcement tonight.

Catalan president Carles Puigdemont will reveal later today whether he is following through on his threat to declare independence - defying the central government and Spanish courts.

But the Spanish government issued a sharp warning to Puigdemont today as it grapples with the nation's worst political crisis in a generation.

'We call on Puigdemont not to do anything irreversible, not to pursue a path of no return and not to make any unilateral independence declaration,' government spokesman Inigo Mendez de Vigo told reporters.

The warning comes as shocking footage emerged showing Nazi-saluting thugs attacking campaigners during an independence march in Valencia amid fears the Spanish region will be next to leave if Catalonia does announce a breakaway tonight.

Far right-wing extremists used sticks and batons to assault their victims, who included campaigners on a traditional nationalist march to mark the region's national day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4965498/Nazi-saluting-thugs-launch-attack-Valencia-march.html

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:36 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Because the youth employment figures of Europe are Sooooooooooo good right??

You're delusional

no there not and they will only get worse without the EU everyone with half a brain  knows that.

Of course you know to fix the ever increasing unemployment requires completely revamping the system which of course is also stopped by old peasants that want things to be like BEFORE they  fucked everything for future generations, or to before technology made human labor largely redundant or back to the nationalist era when 'Nazi like' beliefs where promoted and almost bought the world to an end in the cold war.

the problem with the west today is too many old people voting like it is still 1970 and not voting for what is NEEDED (not what your delusional useless cowardly ass wants) in the future.

We won the vote, which means the majority of British people don't believe in what you are saying.

You're wrong, plain and simple, the vote proved that.

Deal with it

won it by the votes of old people

the youth voted to stay in the EU, because you know they have to actually live in the future Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

We won the vote, which means the majority of British people don't believe in what you are saying.

You're wrong, plain and simple, the vote proved that.

Deal with it

won it by the votes of old people

the youth voted to stay in the EU, because you know they have to actually live in the future Rolling Eyes

thats not really accurate

saying only old people voted to leave is like saying only Muslims are terrorists

you're not a racist and islamophobe are you??

and the youth didn't vote though did they??

they went to Glastonbury to smoke weed and suck each other off.




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

The "youth" thought they were getting something for nothing free Uni' education.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by magica on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm

The idiotic view that old people were the ones voted for Brexit is insulting and made up by thousands of elite, Labour MPs etc.

Millions of youngish people in their thirties, forties voted for it also.

It's not 2 out of 3, the country voted and it should be laid to rest now.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1807
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Veya is "ageist" he forgets he'll be old himself, silly really.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:32 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36619342

Almost three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24-year-olds said they had voted to stay in the EU, compared with 62% of 25 to 34s and 52% of 35 to 44s. Support for Brexit formed a majority among every other age category and grew with each, peaking at 60% among those aged 65 and over.

Similarly, comparing data from the 2011 Census with the referendum results indicate a pattern, says Rob Ford, professor of political science at the University of Manchester.

It's "pretty evident" that "places with lots of older voters voted for Brexit while places with more younger voters voted Remain", he says.

it's insulting that old people that have ruined so much in their life times get to ruin the future too.

Face it, the biggest threat to British prosperity is Old Brits voting against it.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 am

What the UK needs to do to it's elderly Twisted Evil

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 am

nicko wrote:
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Razz

Early morning in Ye Ol' Blighty...

And already nicko was in need of his 'granddad nap' !!!

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 4127
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 am

Nicko is so boring he sends himself to sleep.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3736
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Eilzel on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:42 am

nicko wrote:The "youth"   thought they were getting something for nothing free Uni' education.

You mean like the pre-97 University students? It isn't selfish to think education should not be a privilege.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5869
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:42 am

Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:The "youth"   thought they were getting something for nothing free Uni' education.

You mean like the pre-97 University students? It isn't selfish to think education should not be a privilege.

The point nicko is making is that the youth are fuck wits

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Eilzel on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am

Older people talking trash about younger generations? Hardly anything new. Generations before you two will hsve done the same.

Of course, even if you do subscribe to the view (which I don't) that the youth of today are fuckwits, then the only people to blame must be the bigger fuckwits which came before.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5869
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Wait till you all get older, you will you know ! In the mean time Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Eilzel on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Yes nicko, I sadly do expect to sleep a lot more and grumble about young people when I'm older. I suppose it's a bitterness about age that affects so many (though not all). Regardless, I'll never see wanting free education as selfish.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5869
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:23 pm

It's not selfish to want free education, if the country can afford it.
Can we afford it?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Eilzel on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm

If we closed tax loopholes, stopped tax evasion and avoidance and taxed the rich at 50% and spent less on our nuclear deterrent then I'm pretty sure we could.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5869
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:If we closed tax loopholes, stopped tax evasion and avoidance and taxed the rich at 50% and spent less on our nuclear deterrent then I'm pretty sure we could.

They tried increasing the taxes on the rich in France and it was a disaster for their economy

Would you hang around if the government decided that you earned too much for what you do and took half??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36619342

Almost three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24-year-olds said they had voted to stay in the EU, compared with 62% of 25 to 34s and 52% of 35 to 44s. Support for Brexit formed a majority among every other age category and grew with each, peaking at 60% among those aged 65 and over.

Similarly, comparing data from the 2011 Census with the referendum results indicate a pattern, says Rob Ford, professor of political science at the University of Manchester.

It's "pretty evident" that "places with lots of older voters voted for Brexit while places with more younger voters voted Remain", he says.

it's insulting that old people that have ruined so much in their life times get to ruin the future too.

Face it, the biggest threat to British prosperity is Old Brits voting against it.


This is complete bullshit...!!!


All Brits with any sense, care greatly about British prosperity, and also wish for others around the world to also be able to enjoy prosperity/freedom/democracy of their own...!


Brits with sense can also see that being in the EU means being subservient to the EU dictatorship, and means that British freedom/democracy doesn't exist...!


Never have the British people ever voted in favour of the handing away of democratic/parliamentary/national sovereignty to the EU or anyone else, in any way!


Which somewhat raises the question of how/why any of this has seemingly been handed away at all, without any permission of the British people... and why are we now facing such a struggle in getting back our democratic sovereignty, when this is something that we never gave permission to be given away...!?



Also... the older a British person gets, inevitably the more younger Brits they have that they care greatly about... parents caring about their children, then becoming grand parents and then also caring about the grandchildren etc, as well as younger wider family/friends etc...


Why are some idiots here so insulting to the sensible older and wiser Brits...!?




Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19071
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Didge on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Some really agiest arguments going on here.

What does it matter how old someone is, if they are speaking sense? No matter how young or old?
avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 am

Just wonder if Veya has any parents, if so what do they think of him?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am

Didge wrote:Some really agiest arguments going on here.

What does it matter how old someone is, if they are speaking sense? No matter how young or old?

Well as the youth were simply pointing out the demographics that voted (which is just fact) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I know Nicko is very ageist Evil or Very Mad I wonder what young Brits think of old codgers like him when they try and destroy Britain's future prosperity Suspect

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:Some really agiest arguments going on here.

What does it matter how old someone is, if they are speaking sense? No matter how young or old?

Well as the youth were simply pointing out the demographics that voted (which is just fact) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I know Nicko is very ageist Evil or Very Mad  I wonder what young Brits think of old codgers like him when they try and destroy Britain's future prosperity  Suspect

Do you not think you have been agiest also with the term "old codgers"?

To say destroying Britains future prosperity? Is based on second guessing is it not?

Again age is irrelevant, what matters is whether something has any sound reasoning behind it.

When people go off how they emotionally feel, then often negative emotions rule their thinking and not any sense.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 am

nicko wrote:Just wonder if Veya has any parents,  if so what do they think of him?

What if someone said that to you?

Would you not be one of the first to complain your family was being brought into this?

Also what has having or not having parents got to do with anything?
avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:44 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:Some really agiest arguments going on here.

What does it matter how old someone is, if they are speaking sense? No matter how young or old?

Well as the youth were simply pointing out the demographics that voted (which is just fact) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I know Nicko is very ageist Evil or Very Mad  I wonder what young Brits think of old codgers like him when they try and destroy Britain's future prosperity  Suspect

Do you not think you have been agiest also with the term "old codgers"?

To say destroying Britains future prosperity? Is based on second guessing is it not?

Again age is irrelevant, what matters is whether something has any sound reasoning behind it.

When people go off how they emotionally feel, then often negative emotions rule their thinking and not any sense.

Age has a lot to do with it
just like the same sex marriage debate/vote down here
the youth and the old codgers (which is not all old people) are on opposite sides.
The demographics show this. If the vote was only under 50's Britain would still be in the EU and Australia would have gay marriage.

it is more than just age as a number too, it is the a larger shift in the perceptions and values of the generations.
the youth today are more global, more tolerant of differences and less likely to allow their opinions to be defined by religion/nationalism.
which probably comes back to the internet. even as a middle aged person i have been able to communicate with people around the globe on forums like this since I was a teenager, the social media access the young ones today have means they have had access to ideas, views and opinions from around the globe their whole lives.


And destroying Britain's future prosperity is just the most likely outcome, according to 90+% of economists.
why was the world shocked when brexit was voted for? because at that point know one thought anyone would destroy their future prosperity like that Neutral

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 am

Give it 10 years and you won't find a single person who will admit to voting remain.

All those idiot students will be all grown up and they will all be watching the EU implode and thinking "once again the older generations saved our asses from Europe"

Hard Brexit no deal, that's what we need

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------
Megan Kelly "you call women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals............................."

The Donald "only rosie o'donnell"
avatar
smelly-bandit
Newsfix's Neutered Trash Panda

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Do you not think you have been agiest also with the term "old codgers"?

To say destroying Britains future prosperity? Is based on second guessing is it not?

Again age is irrelevant, what matters is whether something has any sound reasoning behind it.

When people go off how they emotionally feel, then often negative emotions rule their thinking and not any sense.

Age has a lot to do with it
just like the same sex marriage debate/vote down here
the youth and the old codgers (which is not all old people) are on opposite sides.
The demographics show this. If the vote was only under 50's Britain would still be in the EU and Australia would have gay marriage.

it is more than just age as a number too, it is the a larger shift in the perceptions and values of the generations.
the youth today are more global, more tolerant of differences and less likely to allow their opinions to be defined by religion/nationalism.
which probably comes back to the internet. even as a middle aged person i have been able to communicate with people around the globe on forums like this since I was a teenager, the social media access the young ones today have means they have had access to ideas, views and opinions from around the globe their whole lives.


And destroying Britain's future prosperity is just the most likely outcome, according to 90+% of economists.
why was the world shocked when brexit was voted for? because at that point know one thought anyone would destroy their future prosperity like that Neutral

Age has got nothing to do with whether someone makes a good or poor decision

You are making the view that the youth of today are correct, which is generally incorrect to think they are. Each will hold a variety of views, some good and some bad

So its a fallacy what you are saying.

Things change with generation to generation.

It was the youth of the 1920's and 1930's that saw the rise of Communism and Nazism

So how does your view point work there?
avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36619342

Almost three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24-year-olds said they had voted to stay in the EU, compared with 62% of 25 to 34s and 52% of 35 to 44s. Support for Brexit formed a majority among every other age category and grew with each, peaking at 60% among those aged 65 and over.

Similarly, comparing data from the 2011 Census with the referendum results indicate a pattern, says Rob Ford, professor of political science at the University of Manchester.

It's "pretty evident" that "places with lots of older voters voted for Brexit while places with more younger voters voted Remain", he says.

it's insulting that old people that have ruined so much in their life times get to ruin the future too.

Face it, the biggest threat to British prosperity is Old Brits voting against it.

But for those "old people that have ruined so much..." my family and I would now be heiling a fuhrer instead of singing God Save the Queen and you and yours would be bowing and scraping to every passing Japanese soldier or cop.

Grow up, you infantile clown.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1302
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

Didge, being as veya thinks old people are a waste of space i have every right to ask him about his parents, and what they would think of him if they knew what he posts ! i note he has not replied .
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Didge on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 am

nicko wrote:Didge, being as veya thinks old people are a waste of space i have every right to ask him about his parents, and what they would think of him if they knew what he posts  ! i note he has not replied .

And he is being agiest and absurd..tackle those points, the rest is just misdirection Nicko

I think its wrong to bring his parents into this.

avatar
Didge

Posts : 2984
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 am

I don't ! for the reason i have given. I have not "dissed" his Parents in any way. I asked HIM to explain what they would think of him if they read HIS posts about old people. nothing wrong with that !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Syl on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:44 pm

I do think your views on older people can have been influenced in part on how you were treated by parents and elders growing up.

I am old, but inside I am still young.....not sure if that makes me sensible or senile.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 12387
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Syl, I know what you mean, i'm 76 on the outside, but still 25 in mind !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Lord Foul on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:25 pm

the REAL point is......


that only about 25% of those "yooung voters" bothered to get off their idle drunken drug soak ass and actually go and VOTE

hence they "lost" ...

if the stats are correct...the vote would have been stay, if only they could have bothered enough to drag their comatose carcases out of bed.

they didnt...so they shoud STFU.


_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8765
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Well said !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8353
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please oh please let this end in civil war

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:22 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Do you not think you have been agiest also with the term "old codgers"?

To say destroying Britains future prosperity? Is based on second guessing is it not?

Again age is irrelevant, what matters is whether something has any sound reasoning behind it.

When people go off how they emotionally feel, then often negative emotions rule their thinking and not any sense.

Age has a lot to do with it
just like the same sex marriage debate/vote down here
the youth and the old codgers (which is not all old people) are on opposite sides.
The demographics show this. If the vote was only under 50's Britain would still be in the EU and Australia would have gay marriage.


It is complete rubbish to try to claim that ALL younger adults have one opinion and ALL older adults have another opinion!

Also... Britian should never have been in the EU in the first place, as the British people have never given consent to any handing away of any of our national sovereignty or parliamentary power/controls or our rights as UK citizens to have control over all aspects of this through UK democracy...!




it is more than just age as a number too, it is the a larger shift in the perceptions and values of the generations.

the youth today are more global, more tolerant of differences and less likely to allow their opinions to be defined by religion/nationalism.

which probably comes back to the internet. even as a middle aged person i have been able to communicate with people around the globe on forums like this since I was a teenager, the social media access the young ones today have means they have had access to ideas, views and opinions from around the globe their whole lives.



Waffle... waffle... waffle... and all irrelevant...!




And destroying Britain's future prosperity is just the most likely outcome, according to 90+% of economists.



Complete tripe!!!

We are retaking control of our country from the shackles of the EU dictatorship, after being sold down the road by a succession of corrupt politicians which was totally against the interests and wishes of the British people!


Only then can we (as a country)...

Firstly - regain the freedom and democracy we fought so long and hard to have before, and have never agreed to give away to EU or anyone else... and this same freedom and democracy that we wish for everyone else round the world to have for themselves too...

Secondly - be in the position to make our own decisions as to what is best and most successful for our country and people, going by our own national set of economic/manufacturing/business/agricultural  etc factors.





why was the world shocked when brexit was voted for? because at that point know one thought anyone would destroy their future prosperity like that Neutral



The smart people weren't shocked at Brexit... just surprised that it had taken so long to happen...!!!

I mean... how many people do you know that would willingly give up their democracy to some foreign dictatorship...!?

The British people didn't give it away... it had to be stolen from them, bit by bit over 40 years under the cloak of 'lies and spin'...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19071
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum