Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by sassy on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Las Vegas gunman who killed at least 20 people and injured more than 100 when he opened fire on a music festival has been identified as a 64-year-old white male, according to ABC News.

Police earlier announced the suspect had been identified as a "local man" but stopped short of naming him.

Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said a manhunt was underway for a person of interest, believed to be his roommate, identified as Marilou Danley.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-shooting-gunman-identified-police-white-male-mandalay-bay-casino-strip-a7978241.html


More white terrorism


_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy

Posts : 17618
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by sassy on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 am

Original Quill wrote:
sassy wrote:

Dealing with personal stuff thanks Quill.   Have to laugh that the comedy turn has ingratiated his way back lol   Haven't even had time for my own forum and feel a bit sad about it as my co-runner Irn is so ill.  

I lov Irn so much.  Many personal emails back and forth...but we lost touch in the last few months.  PM me with details.

pm'd you.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy

Posts : 17618
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Jason Aldean has been criticised by some people for running off the stage rather than warning fans. Is that fair?

I think it's the timing.  Apparently, Paddock waited until the last, closing song, to begin his rain of bullets.  I watched the clip early on, and for a lot of the song the pop-pop-pop was assumed to be firecrackers.

Of course, once you realize it's machine gun fire, are you going to stand out there to show your bravery?  I don't think so.  Rolling Eyes

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by sassy on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:37 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

It's a pity she is as bitter as she always was, I was hoping for some jolly banter with her, but it seems the hive mind is not at all pleased to see me.

I've not found her to be bitter.  Perhaps, bright, energetic, most intelligent...but hardly bitter.  You know, a lot of times when someone has negative opinions, it's because of what they hear, not what is said.  Of course, it escalates...but in the beginning, it's often the energy or passion with which someone speaks, that is then heard as hostility, when it's no such thing.  Perhaps that is what mediators mean by, talking past one another.

I imagine with your style, you've found that in reverse, eh?  I mean...you're both energetic and passionate.  Or is there no misunderstanding you?!  

I think Smelly never got over the fact that his racism and stupidy came to the fore when he defended Ander Breivik and as said those kids needed to die because they were training to be socialist.   At that point, people with a brain realised just what he was.   He'll never overcome that.   Apart from that, he's really not worth worrying about, he's more a gnat on the pond than even a fly in the ointment.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy

Posts : 17618
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:39 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

It's a pity she is as bitter as she always was, I was hoping for some jolly banter with her, but it seems the hive mind is not at all pleased to see me.

I've not found her to be bitter.  Perhaps, bright, energetic, most intelligent...but hardly bitter.  You know, a lot of times when someone has negative opinions, it's because of what they hear, not what is said.  Of course, it escalates...but in the beginning, it's often the energy or passion with which someone speaks, that is then heard as hostility, when it's no such thing.  Perhaps that is what mediators mean by, talking past one another.

I imagine with your style, you've found that in reverse, eh?  I mean...you're both energetic and passionate.  Or is there no misunderstanding you?!  

I fully agree Quill, I'm often lambasted as a SIXHIRB, when of course I am no such thing.

An innocent strawman crucified upon the cross of leftwing narrative.

Although I draw the line and comparing my unfair harassment with my description of dear sweet sassy

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 am

sassy wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I've not found her to be bitter.  Perhaps, bright, energetic, most intelligent...but hardly bitter.  You know, a lot of times when someone has negative opinions, it's because of what they hear, not what is said.  Of course, it escalates...but in the beginning, it's often the energy or passion with which someone speaks, that is then heard as hostility, when it's no such thing.  Perhaps that is what mediators mean by, talking past one another.

I imagine with your style, you've found that in reverse, eh?  I mean...you're both energetic and passionate.  Or is there no misunderstanding you?!  

I think Smelly never got over the fact that his racism and stupidy came to the fore when he defended Ander Breivik and as said those kids needed to die because they were training to be socialist.   At that point, people with a brain realised just what he was.   He'll never overcome that.   Apart from that, he's really not worth worrying about, he's more a gnat on the pond than even a fly in the ointment.

See Quill?? bitter and twisted and a big fib teller to boot.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:44 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
sassy wrote:

I think Smelly never got over the fact that his racism and stupidy came to the fore when he defended Ander Breivik and as said those kids needed to die because they were training to be socialist.   At that point, people with a brain realised just what he was.   He'll never overcome that.   Apart from that, he's really not worth worrying about, he's more a gnat on the pond than even a fly in the ointment.

See Quill??  bitter and twisted and a big fib teller to boot.

We seem to have a bit of mission creep on this thread.  I'm more concerned about the 58 dead, and the 515 wounded in Las Vegas hospitals.  

The UNLV University Medical Center--Level 1, Trauma Center for area--says most are bullet wounds, not crowd stampede injuries.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:10 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

See Quill??  bitter and twisted and a big fib teller to boot.

We seem to have a bit of mission creep on this thread.  I'm more concerned about the 58 dead, and the 515 wounded in Las Vegas hospitals.  

The UNLV University Medical Center--Level 1, Trauma Center for area--says most are bullet wounds, not crowd stampede injuries.

More concerned with pinning the blame on a white Christian male you mean

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/stephen-paddock-las-vegas-shooting-suspect-identified-n806471

"The suspected gunman behind the Las Vegas massacre made several large gambling transactions in recent weeks, according to law enforcement officials.
The transactions in Las Vegas by Stephen Paddock were in the tens of thousands, the officials said.
It was not immediately clear if those transactions were losses or wins."

"Stephen Paddock's brother Bruce Paddock, who lives in California, said his family grew up in Sun Valley, California. Their father, Benjamin Paddock, was on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list for robbing banks."


"


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 14165
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 am

Correction: he had more than 21 firearms with him.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:39 am

so not actually terrorism per se....

a criminaly insane act from a family of criminals

TERRORISM definition
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological. See also antiterrorism; combating terrorism; counterterrorism; force protection condition; terrorist; terrorist groups.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9109
Join date : 2015-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:16 am

Lord Foul wrote:so not actually terrorism per se....

a criminaly insane act from a family of criminals

TERRORISM definition
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological. See also antiterrorism; combating terrorism; counterterrorism; force protection condition; terrorist; terrorist groups.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.

I would say that such definition fits his behavior in several ways.  Clearly, amassing some 21-guns in his room on the 32nd floor, some automatic, would be calculated.  It certainly is not normal baggage for a weekend traveler.  It was unlawful, not only to murder, but to have and fire an automatic weapon since 2008.  I saw in the clips, a lot of fear, and he probably could have anticipated.  Such firepower is consistent with attempts to coerce or intimidate.  

We know nothing about his motives at this point, so whether it was toward governments, or for reasons of political, religious or ideological ends, we must wait and see.  But I question whether that's a valid inclusion of a definition of terrorism, anyway.  

We know that conservatives, at least, fall into two tiers: a calculated, well-organized elite; and many dumb, semi-literate followers.  Often the dumb followers are the ones the more sophisticated talk into doing the terrorist acts.  Many of the racist hangings of the KKK, through a century long history, were of this sort.  Are they experts in political, religious or ideological theory.  I think not.

Can terrorism be conducted by dumb people?  I think so.  So, I wouldn't put too much stock in these guys always being intellectual geniuses.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:22 am

More NRA lunacy....


_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

We seem to have a bit of mission creep on this thread.  I'm more concerned about the 58 dead, and the 515 wounded in Las Vegas hospitals.  

The UNLV University Medical Center--Level 1, Trauma Center for area--says most are bullet wounds, not crowd stampede injuries.

More concerned with pinning the blame on a white Christian male you mean

smelly-shit, you are the poster child for a right wing brain dead foolish idiot. I feel sorry for your unwanted ass. Is their nothing sacred to you? Are you actually that demented? You love to use tragedy to troll, lie, insult and basically act like Trump on every issue. Your day is coming, asshole.

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:34 am

Lurker wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

More concerned with pinning the blame on a white Christian male you mean

smelly-shit, you are the poster child for a right wing brain dead foolish idiot. I feel sorry for your unwanted ass. Is their nothing sacred to you? Are you actually that demented? You love to use tragedy to troll, lie, insult and basically act like Trump on every issue. Your day is coming, asshole.

i hope my day is tomorrow

its the euromillions, 167 big ones.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:37 am

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so not actually terrorism per se....

a criminaly insane act from a family of criminals

TERRORISM definition
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological. See also antiterrorism; combating terrorism; counterterrorism; force protection condition; terrorist; terrorist groups.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.

I would say that such definition fits his behavior in several ways.  Clearly, amassing some 21-guns in his room on the 32nd floor, some automatic, would be calculated.  It certainly is not normal baggage for a weekend traveler.  It was unlawful, not only to murder, but to have and fire an automatic weapon since 2008.  I saw in the clips, a lot of fear, and he probably could have anticipated.  Such firepower is consistent with attempts to coerce or intimidate.  

We know nothing about his motives at this point, so whether it was toward governments, or for reasons of political, religious or ideological ends, we must wait and see.  But I question whether that's a valid inclusion of a definition of terrorism, anyway.  

We know that conservatives, at least, fall into two tiers: a calculated, well-organized elite; and many dumb, semi-literate followers.  Often the dumb followers are the ones the more sophisticated talk into doing the terrorist acts.  Many of the racist hangings of the KKK, through a century long history, were of this sort.  Are they experts in political, religious or ideological theory.  I think not.

Can terrorism be conducted by dumb people?  I think so.  So, I wouldn't put too much stock in these guys always being intellectual geniuses.

my bets are on him either being a Muslim or anti trump thug

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Miffs2 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:50 am

Just said on sky that Isis have claimed responsibility.
avatar
Miffs2

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2016-03-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 am

Miffs2 wrote:Just said on sky that Isis have claimed responsibility.

shit

its a good thing i hedged my bets

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:57 am


_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:04 am

Right-wingers can shove this up their asses...



_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:05 am

That's a bit nasty Lurker - what's the problem?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29863
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:08 am

Lurker wrote:Right-wingers can shove this up their asses...



Maybe the lefties can show us how to light up some buildings with the stars and stripes and light some candles for a vigil??

Bit of handwringing 101 maybe??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:That's a bit nasty Lurker - what's the problem?

He is angry that the killer wasn't Muslim................. Oh wait

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am



apparently the woman was going round first telling people ''you're all going to die tonight''. security put her out

gelico

Posts : 971
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:That's a bit nasty Lurker - what's the problem?



first time i've seen lurker outside of the trump thread

probably got confused and disorientated

gelico

Posts : 971
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Wait for it.................... The best part is about to come

ISIS have claimed responsible. I wonder how that will pan out.


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 am

gelico wrote:

apparently the woman was going round first telling people ''you're all going to die tonight''.  security put her out

The woman? I assume you mean his girlfriend. She was out of the country.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 am

Lurker wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

ISIS have claimed responsible. I wonder how that will pan out.


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.

Yes, the ISIS thing was a hoax.  There is no indication that he was ISIS, or even a leftist.

However, one thing that the rightys have left out: he was a multi-millionaire.  Going on interest politics, I would hazzard a guess he was a RW fanatic, perhaps a member of Trump's "Many Good People" brigade.

Guess he couldn't wait around for his tax cut for the rich, he was going to get when they tossed out healthcare for the needy.


Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am

CAIRO, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a shooting that killed at least 50 people and wounded over 400 in Las Vegas early on Monday, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

"The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago," Amaq added. (Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Arwa Gaballa; Editing by Ahmed Aboulenein)

gelico

Posts : 971
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 am

gelico wrote:CAIRO, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a shooting that killed at least 50 people and wounded over 400 in Las Vegas early on Monday, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

"The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago," Amaq added. (Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Arwa Gaballa; Editing by Ahmed Aboulenein)

I know. The authorities followed up on that report, and determined that it was fake news.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by gelico on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:CAIRO, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a shooting that killed at least 50 people and wounded over 400 in Las Vegas early on Monday, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

"The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago," Amaq added. (Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Arwa Gaballa; Editing by Ahmed Aboulenein)

I know.  The authorities followed up on that report, and determined that it was fake news.

thank you

gelico

Posts : 971
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 am

One more dead.  The toll now stands at 59 dead, 527 now, wounded/injured.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 am

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so not actually terrorism per se....

a criminaly insane act from a family of criminals

TERRORISM definition
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological. See also antiterrorism; combating terrorism; counterterrorism; force protection condition; terrorist; terrorist groups.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.

I would say that such definition fits his behavior in several ways.  Clearly, amassing some 21-guns in his room on the 32nd floor, some automatic, would be calculated.  It certainly is not normal baggage for a weekend traveler.  It was unlawful, not only to murder, but to have and fire an automatic weapon since 2008.  I saw in the clips, a lot of fear, and he probably could have anticipated.  Such firepower is consistent with attempts to coerce or intimidate.  

We know nothing about his motives at this point, so whether it was toward governments, or for reasons of political, religious or ideological ends, we must wait and see.  But I question whether that's a valid inclusion of a definition of terrorism, anyway.  

We know that conservatives, at least, fall into two tiers: a calculated, well-organized elite; and many dumb, semi-literate followers.  Often the dumb followers are the ones the more sophisticated talk into doing the terrorist acts.  Many of the racist hangings of the KKK, through a century long history, were of this sort.  Are they experts in political, religious or ideological theory.  I think not.

Can terrorism be conducted by dumb people?  I think so.  So, I wouldn't put too much stock in these guys always being intellectual geniuses.

on the other hand he could just be criminally insane, the result of having too closed a gene pool perhaps.

After all Quill you must admit your nation does seen to have a disproportionate level of loons, with access to the weaponry of military grade.

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9109
Join date : 2015-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 am

to put it in YOUR terms

meh...just another nutter, send for the fire brigade

_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9109
Join date : 2015-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Lurker on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 am


_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3313
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:That's a bit nasty Lurker - what's the problem?

He is angry that the killer wasn't Muslim................. Oh wait

Rolling Eyes

Raggs and Smelly'....

Two of 'Flaps leading and heartless hatemongers..

You two turds are the last people who should be complaining about supposedly 'nasty' posts from others on here.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:56 am

Lurker wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

ISIS have claimed responsible. I wonder how that will pan out.


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.
Rolling Eyes

More of Raggs usual lying bullshit...

She's getting good at that..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:06 am

gelico wrote:CAIRO, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a shooting that killed at least 50 people and wounded over 400 in Las Vegas early on Monday, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

"The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago," Amaq added. (Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Arwa Gaballa; Editing by Ahmed Aboulenein)

Rolling Eyes

ISIS claims "responsibility" for maybe 3 out of every 4 acts of terrorism, mass killings and serial killing these days --  probably three or four times as many as they're actually involved in...

Many other terrorist and criminal organisations --  such as Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, Tamils, Basque, 'Christian' militia groups, 'Gods Army', the Mafia, the Russian "mafia", Mexican and Columbian drug cartels, the Trump Administration, and so on --  must be quietly thankful for those ISIS twonks grandstanding and drawing so much attention to themselves these days..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Lurker wrote:

Guns don't kill people

Muslims kill people

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Guns don't kill people

Muslims kill people

But Old white men Kill the most people Wink

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16905
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:03 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Guns don't kill people

Muslims kill people

But Old white men Kill the most people Wink

We must agree to disagree

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Lefty snowflakes before Las Vegas shooting: "Hahaha. The shooter is white. Therefore all whites are monsters. Suck on it muh far right Trumplosers. I am so relieved and happy. Haha"

News update: ISIS claim responsibility and say shooter is a Muslim convert.

Lefty snowflakes now:
"Noooo! Raaacist! Stop sharing this news! Delete everything! Nooo. Stop political scoring! Report report report report report. Dis is racist and offends. Waaah whyyyy"

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:24 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Lurker wrote:


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.
Rolling Eyes

More of Raggs usual lying bullshit...

She's getting good at that..

You're such a liar. I didn't lie, you did. ISIS have claimed responsibility - that wasn't a lie, so therefore you're lying when you said I was lying.

That definitely makes you a liar as well as a troll. Cool


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29863
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Lurker wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

ISIS have claimed responsible. I wonder how that will pan out.


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.

I didn't say ISIS had anything to do with it, I said they claimed they did. You should stop your bullshit.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29863
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Someone doesn't like the idea that this looks likely to be yet another Muslim atrocity

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lurker wrote:


ISIS had nothing to do with it. Fake news. ISIS claims responsibility for a lot of shit they had nothing to do with.

This guy was a white American whose father was a crook and a gangster. Stop the ISIS bullshit.

I didn't say ISIS had anything to do with it, I said they claimed they did. You should stop your bullshit.

Yes they did. its been denied....whether or not they are involved isn't clear yet, no doubt they would love to take responsibility.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 14165
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Jules on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:33 am

gelico wrote:first time i've seen lurker outside of the trump thread
probably got confused and disorientated



gelico wrote:first time i've seen lurker outside of the trump thread
Umpteen times I've seen lurker outside of the trump thread.
In fact he makes threads about every sphere of life, in every section of this board including:> > >
religion, spirtuality faith
arts,
entertainment
music
obituaries
general science
body science
social issues
miscellany




gelico wrote:probably got confused and disorientated
Lurker is far too intelligent and sensible and grounded to EVER suffer from confusion or disorientation. He is the very opposite of a dizzy airhead.

_________________
If you stumble, make it part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2166
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:38 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Someone doesn't like the idea that this looks likely to be yet another Muslim atrocity

Rolling Eyes

What is wrong with Smelly, that he allows his innate fear of foreigners to push out any semblance of sanity ???

SmellyBum' is the only fearmonger here who is still peddling this distractive nonsense..

In SmellyWorld, every atrocity is somehow an evil ISIS plot -- even if committed by some whitebread nutter with no religious or political affiliations.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:45 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Lefty snowflakes before Las Vegas shooting: "Hahaha. The shooter is white. Therefore all whites are monsters. Suck on it muh far right Trumplosers. I am so relieved and happy. Haha"

News update: ISIS claim responsibility and say shooter is a Muslim convert.

Lefty snowflakes now:
"Noooo! Raaacist! Stop sharing this news! Delete everything! Nooo. Stop political scoring! Report report report report report. Dis is racist and offends. Waaah whyyyy"

Idea

Smelly is determined to be NewsFix's #1 source of "Fake News" stories...

Especially where his hatemongering and fearmongering efforts have those added racist, xenophobic and fascist angles that he so obviously craves..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 59
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Jules on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 am

Original Quill wrote:One more dead.  The toll now stands at 59 dead, 527 now, wounded/injured.

Hi Quill, Lurker & Wolfie ! Sad

It is desperately, desperately sad that so many totally innocent people had their lives snuffed out of them. I could scarcely comprehend the scale of the carnage. Bless them, RIP.  XXXX. That is all.

_________________
If you stumble, make it part of the dance
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2166
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:34 am

Lord Foul wrote:to put it in YOUR terms

meh...just another nutter, send for the fire brigade

Let me answer this first, then go back to the previous, deeper discussion we were having.

Those words ^ were in reference to a discussion about whether a terrorist act should prompt a warfare response.  Terrorism is quite serious, in a police and fire department sort of way.  It's a criminal act, not an act of war.

The sentence was intended to minimize the act, in contrast to an actual war.  Pearl Harbor, or the Battle of Britain, were acts of war.  9/11 or 7/7 were nutters, calling for a police and fire department response.

So many after 9/11 were calling such local incidents an act of war, we lost all perspective on the language used to describe events.  As a consequence, we ended up in what, for us, was the longest war in our history, costing trillions upon trillions of dollars, with the sole consequence being that we inspired the hatred (against us) of 1.6-billion persons, and still growing.

All because we thought war, armies and marines, when we should have been thinking fire brigade.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22098
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Las Vegas shooting: Gunman 'identified as 64-year-old white male'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum