Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:29 pm


A former-51 stone man is hoping for skin removal surgery after losing over half his body weight left him looking like a 'deflated balloon'.
Paul Stevenson, 36, from Alvaston, Derbyshire, used to gorge on 7,000 calories a day of giant meals big enough for two people and hadn't left his home for nearly five years.
His weight began to soar in 2000 after the death of his mum, Valerie, 50, leaving him battling with depression and such severe anxiety that he suffered panic attacks opening his front door.

At his heaviest he claims to have been Derby's fattest man, when weighing a whopping 51st 7lbs with a BMI of 106.5 and only able to fit into 12XL tops.
During a home-visit from his doctor two years ago, the former-bouncer was told he was 'staring down the barrel of a gun' and would 'die' if he didn't change his ways.

He opted for a gastric sleeve on the NHS and since then thanks to a healthy, restricted diet and exercise has lost 29st- but was left with mounds of excess skin all over his body.
Now 22st 9lbs, he's fundraising the £15,000 needed for surgery to remove more than three stone of saggy skin that he says makes him look like a 'deflated balloon'.





http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4938200/Man-weighed-51-STONE-needs-15-000-skin-removal.html
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah I always wonder how really large people deal with the aftermath of losing that much weight. The baggy skin can look worse than the fat.

If the NHS can fund a gastric band, why can't they find a way of removing the excess skin, too? After all, that much excess skin can lead to quite a few health problems of it's own, surely?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm

eddie wrote:Yeah I always wonder how really large people deal with the aftermath of losing that much weight. The baggy skin can look worse than the fat.

If the NHS can fund a gastric band, why can't they find a way of removing the excess skin, too? After all, that much excess skin can lead to quite a few health problems of it's own, surely?

The amount of food he must have been putting away would have cost a fortune. So, maybe he should save up to fund his own op. He ate himself into that condition. Why should others pay for it? There are people and kids with cancer etc that are more worthy in my book.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Vintage on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Depression, anxiety probably lonliness, may have been better to hang himself or slit his wrists but no he decided to instantly gorge himself to death. Ok he began comfort eating too much and it went on and on, his body craving more food the bigger he got, why didn't the slob realise he was eating himself to death, like drug addicts and alcoholics realise they are killing themselves.

Vintage

Posts : 294
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah I always wonder how really large people deal with the aftermath of losing that much weight. The baggy skin can look worse than the fat.

If the NHS can fund a gastric band, why can't they find a way of removing the excess skin, too? After all, that much excess skin can lead to quite a few health problems of it's own, surely?

The amount of food he must have been putting away would have cost a fortune.  So, maybe he should save up to fund his own op.  He ate himself into that condition.  Why should others pay for it?   There are people  and kids with cancer etc that are more worthy in my book.


I agree... he should pay for it himself...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:02 am

Heartless lot. Evil or Very Mad

To get to that size he obviously has deep rooted psychological problems. He has done well, with the help of the NHS to lose the weight, but thats only half the treatment he needs.....I think the NHS should fund the surgery he now needs.

People smoke, drink, drive like nutters, do all manner of self inflicted damage to themselves and get treatment free to repair them....why shouldnt this man?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:09 am

Syl wrote:Heartless lot. Evil or Very Mad

To get to that size he obviously has deep rooted psychological problems. He has done well, with the help of the NHS to lose the weight, but thats only half the treatment he needs.....I think the NHS should fund the surgery he now needs.

People smoke, drink, drive like nutters, do all manner of self inflicted damage to themselves and get treatment free to repair them....why shouldnt this man?

Why is it that fatties get labelled with psychological problems? They eat too much. Perhaps it is comfort eating. We all get that. We all put on weight as we get older. But it's about choices. It's a person's choice to smoke and get lung cancer. Nobody forced them to smoke.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 7064
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 am


It is a persons choice to smoke and drink, and when it causes medical problems they get NHS treatment, so why shouldnt he?
The loose skin he has now is possibly as problamatic as the fat....maybe mentally moreso.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:24 am

Syl wrote:
It is a persons choice to smoke and drink, and when it causes medical problems they get NHS treatment, so why shouldnt he?
The loose skin he has now is possibly as problamatic as the fat....maybe mentally moreso.

That was my first thought. Won't the NHS pay for it?

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” KT McFarland to Thomas P. Bossert, Trump's aide.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20867
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:35 am

The same thing happened to Lisa Riley, and she had the excess skin removed. People don't think about that when they put on large amounts of weight. I guess that the excess skin isn't a health issue, it's a cosmetic issue, and that's why the NHS doesn't pay for it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 pm

There is nothing stopping him getting a job and paying for his own cosmetic surgery...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There is nothing stopping him getting a job and paying for his own cosmetic surgery...!



That would be one way of doing it I agree.
I do have sympathy for him though, considering his weight was so extreme, and losing it has left him like this, I do think he should qualify for NHS surgery.


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 pm



I've seen many women going to work with 'bingo wings' and tits like that... nobody is saying he has to walk around outside naked... and there's nothing stopping him wearing a corset round his middle and tit support, and going to work to pay for any cosmetic surgery he wants...!!!


In fact... that should be incentive for him to go to work!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Syl on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I've seen many women going to work with 'bingo wings' and tits like that... nobody is saying he has to walk around outside naked... and there's nothing stopping him wearing a corset round his middle and tit support, and going to work to pay for any cosmetic surgery he wants...!!!


In fact... that should be incentive for him to go to work!!!


Shocked

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Morbidly obese man who weighed 51 STONE is asking strangers to fund his £15,000 skin removal surgery after losing half his body weight

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum