Trump about to resign?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trump about to resign?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yahoo News wrote:TRUMP IS GOING TO RESIGN SOON, PRESIDENT'S 'ART OF THE DEAL' WRITER PREDICTS

BY TIM MARCIN

The guy who helped Fake President Trump write his seminal book, The Art of the Deal, said the former reality-TV star will soon leave the White House on his own accord.

In a series of tweets Wednesday, Tony Schwartz—who co-authored the 1987 book that helped define the real estate magnate's public image—said he thought the walls were closing in on Trump and he would soon leave office in an attempt to save face.

Every tweet Schwartz sent Wednesday was about Trump. "Think of Trump as a toddler w/reactive attachment disorder, and therefore in a permanent virulent tantrum. His development ended at age 7," he posted. He later added, "Remember that every time Trump criticizes and demeans someone he is projecting his deep sense of inadequacy & self-hatred onto others."

Later, he wrote in a series of three tweets that Trump's end would come before the year was out. "The circle is closing at blinding speed. Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice," Schwartztweeted. "Trump's presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner."

For Americans who don't support Trump—that's a lot of folks, considering the president's approval rating is hovering at about 37 percent—Schwartz warned that they have to keep up the pressure if they want the billionaire to resign. "Trump must be isolated. Resistance every day. The end is near but must keep pressure high," he tweeted.

Schwartz, now the CEO of the Energy Project, has been a critic of Trump as he ascended to the White House and has regularly tried to explain how the president goes about making decisions. In May, Schwartz wrote in The Washington Post that Trump "didn't value—nor even necessarily recognize—the qualities that tend to emerge as people grow more secure, such as empathy, generosity, reflectiveness, the capacity to delay gratification or, above all, a conscience, an inner sense of right and wrong."

Instead, everything for him is transactional and considered a win or a loss. If that is true, it would stand to reason that Trump will desert the presidency before it could be considered an unsalvageable loss.

Oddsmakers seem to feel the same as Schwartz. The latest odds from bookmaker Ladbrokes, for instance, give Trump about a 48 percent chance of not finishing his first term due to either impeachment or resignation.



_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not in cases where the evidence is there, but the accused cannot be prosecuted.  Guilt and innocence are terms of legal consequence, and the meaning of the terms is moot when the consequence isn't there.

The only thing that Trump 'two-times' can be subjected to is impeachment proceedings.  After impeachment, he might be in legal jeopardy...it depends upon if his replacement (Pence?) would then pardon him.  This is what Ford did with Nixon.

However, an interesting question remains as to whether he can be prosecuted under New York State law.  They have parallel laws of which he might be guilty, and he can't be pardoned by federal authority.


So to clarify, you do not believe in the US justice system and that people are guilty before proven guilty.

Thanks for the admission

It's not an admission.  The laws were written long before I came along.  If the concepts of guilt/innocence are moot and have no meaning, what good is it to even use the words?

When you are talking about impeachment and constitutional law, you are way beyond traditional Anglo-American legal concepts.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:


So to clarify, you do not believe in the US justice system and that people are guilty before proven guilty.

Thanks for the admission

It's not an admission.  The laws were written long before I came along.  If the concepts of guilt/innocence are moot and have no meaning, what good is it to even use the words?

When you are talking about impeachment and constitutional law, you are way beyond traditional Anglo-American legal concepts.


You are making things up because you already do believe Trump is guilty.

He may well be, but that is for an investigation to find out.

You either back the law or you do not and as seen, you do not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by gelico on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:



so do presidents get some kind of immunity?  Bill clinton was accused of rape, more than once but nothing has happened.

FFS!  If Trump is as bad as you say then get cops to arrest him, charge him, get him in court, prove him guilty and bang him up

and you're the lawyer huh?

Mr. Clinton was never accused of rape.  He had an extra-marital affair, and lied about it under oath, after the fact.

Yes, presidents get immunity.  The only thing they can be prosecuted for, is impeachment.  After conviction for impeachment, a president can be tried for the underlying crime.

As president, Trump 'two-times' can pardon those who engaged in any conspiracy with him.  That is why they might be prosecuted under New York State law.  Trump 'two-times' can't pardon for state law crimes.



Bill Clinton was a real darl,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMjwjV_9ZYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHh73fkDUIs

gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's not an admission.  The laws were written long before I came along.  If the concepts of guilt/innocence are moot and have no meaning, what good is it to even use the words?

When you are talking about impeachment and constitutional law, you are way beyond traditional Anglo-American legal concepts.


You are making things up because you already do believe Trump is guilty.

He may well be, but that is for an investigation to find out.

You either back the law or you do not and as seen, you do not.

I back the Constitutional law.  But it's not the traditional common law.  It contains drastic exceptions and differences from common law.

People are surprised when they learn you can't use the terms 'guilty' or 'innocent' with the president.  He can only be removed from office, after which he becomes a commoner who might be prosecuted.

Now if you asked me the same question in constitutional language, I would give you the answer in those terms.  I think the investigation is far enough along, having uncovered sufficient facts, to take a normal person to trial and have a jury convict him.  That's the analogous stage that I'm at right now...I would vote to convict, based upon the facts Mueller has already uncovered.

But under the Constitution, at this stage we depart from trial by jury, an go over to Articles of Impeachment.  In this process, the thoroughness of the investigation is paramount.  The crimes and evidence must be made public knowledge, as the awareness of the public is almost more important than a jury verdict.  

The investigation must uncover how, and how much Trump 'two-times' betrayed his country, engaged in sex trafficking, and sold his office for a portion of Rosneft Oil or any other consideration.  Remember the Christopher Steel dossier?  All of those charges must be publicly aired.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You are making things up because you already do believe Trump is guilty.

He may well be, but that is for an investigation to find out.

You either back the law or you do not and as seen, you do not.

I back the Constitutional law.  But it's not the traditional common law.  It contains drastic exceptions and differences from common law.

People are surprised when they learn you can't use the terms 'guilty' or 'innocent' with the president.  He can only be removed from office, after which he becomes a commoner who might be prosecuted.

Now if you asked me the same question in constitutional language, I would give you the answer in those terms.  I think the investigation is far enough along, having uncovered sufficient facts, to take a normal person to trial and have a jury convict him.  That's the analogous stage that I'm at right now...I would vote to convict, based upon the facts Mueller has already uncovered.

But under the Constitution, at this stage we depart from trial by jury, an go over to Articles of Impeachment.  In this process, the thoroughness of the investigation is paramount.  The crimes and evidence must be made public knowledge, as the awareness of the public is almost more important than a jury verdict.  

The investigation must uncover how, and how much Trump 'two-times' betrayed his country, engaged in sex trafficking, and sold his office for a portion of Rosneft Oil or any other consideration.  Remember the Christopher Steel dossier?  All of those charges must be publicly aired.


You are providing a long winded answer to something very simple to answer

Which by the above you have no faith in the American system.

So I will ask again one last time

Do you believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by gelico on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:



so do presidents get some kind of immunity?  Bill clinton was accused of rape, more than once but nothing has happened.

FFS!  If Trump is as bad as you say then get cops to arrest him, charge him, get him in court, prove him guilty and bang him up

and you're the lawyer huh?

Mr. Clinton was never accused of rape.  .


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfo0OkMHgZs

gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Mr. Clinton was never accused of rape.  .



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfo0OkMHgZs

I have to say that woman shouting about Hilary Clinton, based on her husband being accused of rape, to then excuse Trumps comments and the fact he has settled cases for sexual abuse he is involved in. Shows how fucked up some people are. That women in the video shouting this, was trying to excuse what Trump said based off allegations on Bill Clinton.

What has that got to do with Hilary Clinton?

I do not discount Bill Clinton could be a rapist, only time will tell on that, but how on earth can you try to excuse the poor comments Trump made, based off a former President ,Gelico who certainly used women?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 pm

gelico wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfo0OkMHgZs

They weren't accusing him of rape, but he liked to party under the sheets, that boy.  Haha...but I'd be proud of that remuda of fillies if I were him.  Take a look at the book, Evans-Pritchard, A., The Secret Life of Bill Clinton (1997).  You'll get the inside intel.

Reminds me of a joke:  

Bill Clinton and Mother Teresa died on the same day, and both of them went up to heaven.

St. Peter looked in his book and said to Mother T., you belong down below.  Being a humble soul, she turned around quietly and took the 'Down' escalator.  

St. Peter looked in his book for Clinton, and was puzzled...there was nothing on him.  He asked Clinton to step inside and hang around while he investigated.  

After a week, St. Peter called Clinton over and said, "there's been a horrible mistake.  You belong down below, and Mother T. belongs up here."

So Clinton had to take the 'Down' escalator.  As he was going down he passed Mother T., who was then on the 'Up' elevator to Heaven.  Clinton said, "Hi'ya Momma, guess they finally got things straightened out."

"Yes," said Mother T., "I'm going up to tend to god's innocent in Heaven..."

"Well," said Bill, in his Arkansas draw, "I'm afraid yer too late fer that.."

Razz Razz Razz

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by gelico on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:01 am

Thorin wrote:
gelico wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfo0OkMHgZs

I have to say that woman shouting about Hilary Clinton, based on her husband being accused of rape, to then excuse Trumps comments and the fact he has settled cases for sexual abuse he is involved in. Shows how fucked up some people are. That women in the video shouting this, was trying to excuse what Trump said based off allegations on Bill Clinton.

What has that got to do with Hilary Clinton?

I do not discount Bill Clinton could be a rapist, only time will tell on that, but how on earth can you try to excuse the poor comments Trump made, based off a former President ,Gelico who certainly used women?

Are you fucking kidding me?


yes didge, her own allegations

the ones which resulted in clinton paying out big time

that was her point

why focus on what trump said rather than what clinton actually did

gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:05 am

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I have to say that woman shouting about Hilary Clinton, based on her husband being accused of rape, to then excuse Trumps comments and the fact he has settled cases for sexual abuse he is involved in. Shows how fucked up some people are. That women in the video shouting this, was trying to excuse what Trump said based off allegations on Bill Clinton.

What has that got to do with Hilary Clinton?

I do not discount Bill Clinton could be a rapist, only time will tell on that, but how on earth can you try to excuse the poor comments Trump made, based off a former President ,Gelico who certainly used women?

Are you fucking kidding me?


yes didge, her own allegations

the ones which resulted in clinton paying out big time

that was her point

why focus on what trump said rather than what clinton actually did

So where Trump is involved in his own civil cases of sexual abuse, this means he is off the hook, because only bringing Clinton to justice matters?

Her point insults every victim of rape and sexual abuse, if she uses Clinton to excuse Trump

So I would love to know why you only center on Clinton here, when i center on both.

As to me you are again trying to excuse Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by gelico on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:40 am



'if she uses Clinton to excuse Trump'


dont be an idiot. she has no reason whatsoever to make excuses for trump

she was clearly using trump to expose both clinton and the hypocrisy of the media on the issue


gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by gelico on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:42 am

Thorin wrote:
gelico wrote:


yes didge, her own allegations

the ones which resulted in clinton paying out big time

that was her point

why focus on what trump said rather than what clinton actually did

So where Trump is involved in his own civil cases of sexual abuse, this means he is off the hook, because only bringing Clinton to justice matters?



that was never even raised,,,,they were asking him specifically about the ''pussy grabbing'' comment

she did bring clinton to justice

gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:53 am

gelico wrote:

'if she uses Clinton to excuse Trump'


dont be an idiot.  she has no reason whatsoever to make excuses for trump

she was clearly using trump to expose both clinton and the hypocrisy of the media on the issue



And yet she did, as Trump has had allegations against him for years.

So she accuses one President whilst sitting next to another

Funny how you get insulting Gelico


Last edited by Thorin on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 am

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So where Trump is involved in his own civil cases of sexual abuse, this means he is off the hook, because only bringing Clinton to justice matters?



that was never even raised,,,,they were asking him specifically about the ''pussy grabbing'' comment

she did bring clinton to justice


Yes she sits alongside a President who thinks its okay to grab pussy, has allegations against him, where she claims she was raped by a President and yet she sits happily next to one who has allegations against him .

When did she bring Clinton to justice?

I am unaware of him going to jail

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Trump about to resign?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum