Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 am

First topic message reminder :

USA Today wrote:Puerto Rico: This artist's sketches show why you should pay attention
USA TODAY NETWORK

Puerto Rico remains entrenched in “a humanitarian crisis,” San Juan’s mayor said, the remote American island left powerless and wrecked after Hurricane Maria.

Clogged roads, closed banks, and no electricity became the norm after the storm’s attack last Wednesday. On Friday, Maryland-based illustrator Richard Johnson flew into the Puerto Rican capital to capture the devastation with a sketchbook and a pen.

“I’m using a human being as a lens instead of a camera as a lens,” Johnson, 51, said in San Juan on Wednesday. “I’ve had to stand there and absorb everything going on around me and translate it onto paper through my eyes. That’s a very human process, and some part of that passes on.”

What follows is a firsthand glimpse at Puerto Rico through his eyes and pen:

I was supposed to be embedding with the military but that fell apart as soon as I got here. I decided I would bug out the next day, but they’ve been canceling flights ever since. I thought since I'm stuck here, I might as well do what I do: Go out and draw and meet people and talk to people.

I’ve never been to San Juan before, or Puerto Rico before. As soon as we got off the plane we knew things were not as they should be.

It’s like a complete social collapse. All the things you take for granted taken away — all at once. It’s a test of human society, whether people can willingly band together.

There are dozens and dozens of streets completely swamped by electrical poles down. Power boxes are off, so there’s no danger from them, but a lot of streets are blocked by fallen trees or fallen power poles.

Garbage is beginning to pile up — people are not just throwing it out windows — so hopefully there is going to be a garbage pick up at some point. Those piles are just getting larger, day by day. Water has come back on in the last little while. For the longest time I think water was spotty for everyone.

More on infrastructure: In isolated Puerto Rican town, a need for water, power — and news

People immediately tried to tidy up afterwards, but the damage is pretty severe on the interior of a lot of buildings. They don’t look too bad outside, the storm entered a lot of buildings and just basically drenched them from the top down. One woman I met had been in a 24-story building. She was on the 18th floor. The storm, when it hit, from her description, it blew the air conditioning unit into the inside of the home.

More from recovery teams: 'It's absolutely devastating'

The people seem pretty resilient. They still feel like it’s teetering a little bit. They’re proudto be Americans. They’re proud to be Puerto Ricans. And they feel quite pleased that they see military planes coming in and out. They think things are being done. They seem, at least, very good hearted and good natured about it so far. People are very patient.

Puerto Ricans: Yes, they are American citizens

Without gasoline, though, lots are not getting to work.

Gasoline is in ludicrously short supply so people are queuing up for gasoline. They’re all starting to bring lawn chairs, so there are these long lines of people with gas cans and lawn chairs just waiting to get to the gas station.

More on gasoline: Why Puerto Rico is being denied shipping deliveries of fuel

There are stores beginning to open, especially if they have their own generator. Many stores that I go into do not have any electricity and they let people in one at a time and follow you with a flashlight while you take what you want off the shelves. At grocery stores, People were just loading up with whatever was non-perishable: canned goods, pasta, rice. There were limits on what people could take — four tins of anything.

More on power:: Puerto Rico's electrical grid 'virtually gone'

Cash is in short supply, so bank machines have huge line-ups. Yesterday I was at one with a queue of a couple hundred people at it. Today, one had probably about 100 to 150 people already queuing to get cash.

The challenge would be when people who normally get paid direct deposit into their bank accounts — when those pensions come up, those Social Security checks — I’m not sure how those people will get their hands on that cash. Nobody’s taking debit or credit cards.

People across a broad spectrum of societal labels are not doing well. Join one of these lines and you’ll see the Gucci handbags in the same line you see homeless people. They’re all queuing together.

Charities and relief groups need donations to help Americans in Puerto Rico. Here’s how you can help.

Follow Josh Hafner on Twitter: @joshhafner

Richard Johnson @newsillustrator
Sketching Daily life in San Juan, Puerto Rico. @USATODAY @urbansketchers @fema @McKinsey @nationalpost @RedCross @PuertoRicoPUR #MariaPR


Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:01 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:CLIMATE WARMING CHANGE IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Cool

Is that  You  in that photo' there,  Smelly'   ?!?

lol!

No, I'm not a cat person

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Is that  You  in that photo' there,  Smelly'   ?!?

lol!

No, I'm not a cat person



And Tabby-poo is coming to realize that.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:19 am

Trump visited Puerto Rico for a couple of hours today. First, he surrounds himself, not with Puerto Ricans, but with his own staff.



He milks the crowd for compliments. He barely acknowledges the Mayor of San Juan. He meets with the US government in Puerto Rico...he could have done that in Washington.

Fake President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are in Puerto Rico to view the damage from Hurricane Maria. Trump uses the occasion to congratulate the US government on how wonderful of a job they are doing. He belittles the damage by speaking of a "real" storm like Katrina.

Then to the Congresswoman from Puerto Rico: "Can you say again the compliments you gave us?"

Then, here's the Mayor of San Juan:




_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:20 am

smelly-bandit wrote:


Rolling Eyes

You really are a fucking idiot,  Smelly...

The Trump administration didn't react to the latest disaster for nearly a week..
And it was more than eleven days before Trump's minders thought he'd better appear at ground zero (rather than tweeting from one of his golf resorts..) --  and even then,  only to appear in staged photo'_ops with Trumpettes and Federal employees..

These whacky propaganda cartoons you keep finding are outright lies.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6451
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:


Rolling Eyes

You really are a fucking idiot,  Smelly...

The Trump administration didn't react to the latest disaster for nearly a week..
And it was more than eleven days before Trump's minders thought he'd better appear at ground zero (rather than tweeting from one of his golf resorts..) --  and even then,  only to appear in staged photo'_ops with Trumpettes and Federal employees..

These whacky propaganda cartoons you keep finding are outright lies.

Boooooooring

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:41 pm



Your brain is obviously suffering from a severe oxygen deficiency,  Young SmellyBumpkin...

Undoubtedly from all of that excessive overload of racist nonsense, alt.right propoganda and Trump-apologist puff pieces..          

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6451
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 pm

A week before, Trumpy two-times was dooling out hurricane welfare to Texas and Florida, and weeping tears for the poor, beleaguered whites in the south.  But it's fuck-you for the Hispanics in Puerto Rico.

That's the conservative philosophy: More wealth for the rich; fook everyone else.  Republicans are the party of the special interests; Democrats are the party of the general interest.

TRUMP TOSSING SHIT FOR HIS UNWASHED SUBJECTS:


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:A week before, Trumpy two-times was dooling out hurricane welfare to Texas and Florida, and weeping tears for the poor, beleaguered whites in the south.  But it's fuck-you for the Hispanics in Puerto Rico.

That's the conservative philosophy: More wealth for the rich; fook everyone else.  Republicans are the party of the special interests; Democrats are the party of the general interest.

TRUMP TOSSING SHIT FOR HIS UNWASHED SUBJECTS:


He gave them bog roll, what fucking more do you want??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:32 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:A week before, Trumpy two-times was dooling out hurricane welfare to Texas and Florida, and weeping tears for the poor, beleaguered whites in the south.  But it's fuck-you for the Hispanics in Puerto Rico.

That's the conservative philosophy: More wealth for the rich; fook everyone else.  Republicans are the party of the special interests; Democrats are the party of the general interest.

TRUMP TOSSING SHIT FOR HIS UNWASHED SUBJECTS:


He gave them bog roll, what fucking more do you want??

Well, y'all in St. Petersburg are used to tossing bog rolls.  Christ, it's the economic distribution system for you Ruskies: Bolshevik Benefits. Wink

But we in the big time have more advanced ways.  Laughing


Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

He gave them bog roll, what fucking more do you want??

Well, y'all in St. Petersburg are used to bog rolls.  Christ, it's the economic distribution system for you Ruskies: Bolshevik Benefits. Wink

But we in the big time have more advanced ways.  Laughing

Have you managed to impeach him yet

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, y'all in St. Petersburg are used to bog rolls.  Christ, it's the economic distribution system for you Ruskies: Bolshevik Benefits. Wink

But we in the big time have more advanced ways.  Laughing

Have you managed to impeach him yet

Oh yeah...that's a foregone conclusion. Right now, we're grinding the salt for the wounds.


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Have you managed to impeach him yet

Oh yeah...that's a foregone conclusion.  Right now, we're grinding the salt for the wounds.


So when's California going it's own way?

Better get rid of Trump first eh?? You saw what happend in catalonia

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Oh yeah...that's a foregone conclusion.  Right now, we're grinding the salt for the wounds.


So when's California going it's own way?

Better get rid of Trump first eh?? You saw what happend in catalonia

The Pacific States of America remains a distant dream of mine. Only...I look for opportunities. Trump appeared to offer an opportunity, but the Mueller prosecution team looks to be so thorough and successful that the opportunity may disappear.

I expect the next opportunity will appear with the 2018 election. If Republicans are again elected to majority status, then despite his traitor status Trump will remain in office...proving that Republicans would rather have a traitor Republican, than an impeachment.

If that happens, loyalty to the US will have little or no gravity, and and chances will soar for a west coast break away. You've got to plot ahead in these things.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 am

Puerto Rico is much like New New Orleans was, when Katrina hit. It's broke, in debt up to it's eyeballs with corrupt and useless politicians for the most part. Now Trump is a bumbling buffoon, but the FEMA folks are not. They have been doing this since long before Trump was elected. They are dealing with an island, that ran like shit when it was 85 degrees and sunny. The place is a disaster now. The local politicians are blaming the Feds (Trump in this case), because they are incompetent and incapable of handling this. This is why local elections matter. The typical American might vote every 4 years for President. Maybe 10% vote at local elections. Maybe a few more folks should pay attention to how things are being run before the shit hits the fan?

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:17 am


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:16 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

So when's California going it's own way?

Better get rid of Trump first eh?? You saw what happend in catalonia

The Pacific States of America remains a distant dream of mine.  Only...I look for opportunities.  Trump appeared to offer an opportunity, but the Mueller prosecution team looks to be so thorough and successful that the opportunity may disappear.

I expect the next opportunity will appear with the 2018 election.  If Republicans are again elected to majority status, then despite his traitor status Trump will remain in office...proving that Republicans would rather have a traitor Republican, than an impeachment.

If that happens, loyalty to the US will have little or no gravity, and and chances will soar for a west coast break away.  You've got to plot ahead in these things.

i hope California isnt going to be looking to join the EU

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The Pacific States of America remains a distant dream of mine.  Only...I look for opportunities.  Trump appeared to offer an opportunity, but the Mueller prosecution team looks to be so thorough and successful that the opportunity may disappear.

I expect the next opportunity will appear with the 2018 election.  If Republicans are again elected to majority status, then despite his traitor status Trump will remain in office...proving that Republicans would rather have a traitor Republican, than an impeachment.

If that happens, loyalty to the US will have little or no gravity, and and chances will soar for a west coast break away.  You've got to plot ahead in these things.

i hope California isnt going to be looking to join the EU

No, the Pacific States of America will be it's own union.  (Many believe that the EU was designed on the model of the US, with several states combining to make a union of states.)  California, the fifth largest economy in the world, would be the nucleus.  But there are other like-minded states on, or connected to the west coast: Hawai'i, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Arizona.  These states are either contiguous, or have interests in joining.

There are defensive as well as assertive reasons for extending invitations to other states.  California is so powerful economically that to leave on it's own would create a vacuum so great as to leave the surrounding states destitute.  When Britain created Canada in 1868, BC had no incentive to join until the UK promised a link (by railroad) to markets in the east; when Quebec contemplated leaving Canada in 1995, the same considerations arose anew and BC was on the verge of seceding from Canada.  It's not just that California would enjoy the company of it's sister states, but surrounding states will need the pillar of a strong economic nucleus that only California can provide.

So I would imagine the Pacific States of America would, in addition to those states already affiliated with the US, extend invitations to northern and southern Baja California, British Colombia, plus the Northwest and Yukon Territories, to join and become Pacific States themselves.  The people of these territories have the same raw, native energy and dedication as do the Pacific States, and their fusion will create the greatest economic power the world has ever known.

All done quite peacefully, BTW.  Rightist powers in Washington today quite favor nationalist devolution into sub-cultures of like-minded individuals.  Georgians have no reason to connect with Oregonians; nor would Baja Californians welcome the racist persuasions of Alabamans.  Let us go on to a better arrangement...a better world.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

i hope California isnt going to be looking to join the EU

No, the Pacific States of America will be it's own union.  (Many believe that the EU was designed on the model of the US, with several states combining to make a union of states.)  California, the fifth largest economy in the world, would be the nucleus.  But there are other like-minded states on, or connected to the west coast: Hawai'i, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Arizona.  These states are either contiguous, or have interests in joining.

There are defensive as well as assertive reasons for extending invitations to other states.  California is so powerful economically that to leave on it's own would create a vacuum so great as to leave the surrounding states destitute.  When Britain created Canada in 1868, BC had no incentive to join until the UK promised a link (by railroad) to markets in the east; when Quebec contemplated leaving Canada in 1995, the same considerations arose anew and BC was on the verge of seceding from Canada.  It's not just that California would enjoy the company of it's sister states, but surrounding states will need the pillar of a strong economic nucleus that only California can provide.

So I would imagine the Pacific States of America would, in addition to those states already affiliated with the US, extend invitations to northern and southern Baja California, British Colombia, plus the Northwest and Yukon Territories, to join and become Pacific States themselves.  The people of these territories have the same raw, native energy and dedication as do the Pacific States, and their fusion will create the greatest economic power the world has ever known.

All done quite peacefully, BTW.  Rightist powers in Washington today quite favor nationalist devolution into sub-cultures of like-minded individuals.  Georgians have no reason to connect with Oregonians; nor would Baja Californians welcome the racist persuasions of Alabamans.  Let us go on to a better arrangement...a better world.

Secession has sorta been decided. It would take modification of the constitution.

Arizona and Alaska are not like California.

I would support the right of any state to secede, but again, it aint happening.
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

i hope California isnt going to be looking to join the EU

No, the Pacific States of America will be it's own union.  (Many believe that the EU was designed on the model of the US, with several states combining to make a union of states.)  California, the fifth largest economy in the world, would be the nucleus.  But there are other like-minded states on, or connected to the west coast: Hawai'i, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Arizona.  These states are either contiguous, or have interests in joining.

There are defensive as well as assertive reasons for extending invitations to other states.  California is so powerful economically that to leave on it's own would create a vacuum so great as to leave the surrounding states destitute.  When Britain created Canada in 1868, BC had no incentive to join until the UK promised a link (by railroad) to markets in the east; when Quebec contemplated leaving Canada in 1995, the same considerations arose anew and BC was on the verge of seceding from Canada.  It's not just that California would enjoy the company of it's sister states, but surrounding states will need the pillar of a strong economic nucleus that only California can provide.

So I would imagine the Pacific States of America would, in addition to those states already affiliated with the US, extend invitations to northern and southern Baja California, British Colombia, plus the Northwest and Yukon Territories, to join and become Pacific States themselves.  The people of these territories have the same raw, native energy and dedication as do the Pacific States, and their fusion will create the greatest economic power the world has ever known.

All done quite peacefully, BTW.  Rightist powers in Washington today quite favor nationalist devolution into sub-cultures of like-minded individuals.  Georgians have no reason to connect with Oregonians; nor would Baja Californians welcome the racist persuasions of Alabamans.  Let us go on to a better arrangement...a better world.

WOW!!!!!!!


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, the Pacific States of America will be it's own union.  (Many believe that the EU was designed on the model of the US, with several states combining to make a union of states.)  California, the fifth largest economy in the world, would be the nucleus.  But there are other like-minded states on, or connected to the west coast: Hawai'i, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Arizona.  These states are either contiguous, or have interests in joining.

There are defensive as well as assertive reasons for extending invitations to other states.  California is so powerful economically that to leave on it's own would create a vacuum so great as to leave the surrounding states destitute.  When Britain created Canada in 1868, BC had no incentive to join until the UK promised a link (by railroad) to markets in the east; when Quebec contemplated leaving Canada in 1995, the same considerations arose anew and BC was on the verge of seceding from Canada.  It's not just that California would enjoy the company of it's sister states, but surrounding states will need the pillar of a strong economic nucleus that only California can provide.

So I would imagine the Pacific States of America would, in addition to those states already affiliated with the US, extend invitations to northern and southern Baja California, British Colombia, plus the Northwest and Yukon Territories, to join and become Pacific States themselves.  The people of these territories have the same raw, native energy and dedication as do the Pacific States, and their fusion will create the greatest economic power the world has ever known.

All done quite peacefully, BTW.  Rightist powers in Washington today quite favor nationalist devolution into sub-cultures of like-minded individuals.  Georgians have no reason to connect with Oregonians; nor would Baja Californians welcome the racist persuasions of Alabamans.  Let us go on to a better arrangement...a better world.

Secession has sorta been decided. It would take modification of the constitution.

Secession is an analytical term. The issues haven't be heard. This is entirely different than the principles of the Civil War, save that we don't particularly want to be associated with southerns. But that aside, we have a different economy, a different people (particularly Hispanics), and different principles.

Maddog wrote:Arizona and Alaska are not like California.

But they are alike in their western orientation. Arizona was founded in 1912, and their constitution reflects the progressive principles of the era. You see Senators McCain and Flake, and Senator Lisa Murkowski, voting with California democrats on things like the healthcare bill and DACA because of that progressive element.

But as I say, it's up to them. It's a lifeline to them, because sure as piss Texas ain't gonna take care of them. Texas looks out for it's own, and only it's own. Likewise, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. And New England is far to distant to care for them. Frankly, it's the Pacific States or nothing, for Arizona and Alaska.

Maddog wrote:I would support the right of any state to secede, but again, it aint happening.  

They said an idiot like Pussy-grabber Trump couldn't be elected president, too. A lot of unheard-of things happening these days. It's the Age of the New Normal.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:51 pm

quill this is just libtards throwing their teddies out over trump.

when brexit happened we saw London and Scotland promising to form a new country called scotlond and stay in the EU

you wont be impeaching trump and California wont be going it alone

you will still be threatening to do both in 8 years time





_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Secession has sorta been decided. It would take modification of the constitution.

Secession is an analytical term.  The issues haven't be heard.  This is entirely different than the principles of the Civil War, save that we don't particularly want to be associated with southerns.  But that aside, we have a different economy, a different people (particularly Hispanics), and different principles.

Maddog wrote:Arizona and Alaska are not like California.

But they are alike in their western orientation.  Arizona was founded in 1912, and their constitution reflects the progressive principles of the era.  You see Senators McCain and Flake, and Senator Lisa Murkowski, voting with California democrats on things like the healthcare bill and DACA because of that progressive element.  

But as I say, it's up to them.  It's a lifeline to them, because sure as piss Texas ain't gonna take care of them.  Texas looks out for it's own, and only it's own.  Likewise, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.  And New England is far to distant to care for them.  Frankly, it's the Pacific States or nothing, for Arizona and Alaska.

Maddog wrote:I would support the right of any state to secede, but again, it aint happening.  

They said an idiot like Pussy-grabber Trump couldn't be elected president, too.  A lot of unheard-of things happening these days.  It's the Age of the New Normal.

Secession was decided in Texas v White, about 150 years ago.

Arizona and Alaska are fairly red. As western type states they have a libertarian streak, but they are nothing like California. They are more like Idaho and Montana.
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Maddog on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Now, what may happen is California could split into several states. That's perfectly legal.

_________________
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

Henry David Thoreau
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:35 am

smelly-bandit wrote:quill this is just libtards throwing their teddies out over trump.

when brexit happened we saw London and Scotland promising to form a new country called scotlond and stay in the EU

you wont be impeaching trump and California wont be going it alone

you will still be threatening to do both in 8 years time





which they will probably do when Britain finial presses the euthanasia button on it's economy, at the moment it is pretty obvious they are just waiting for enough brexiters to die and will vote again when saner heads are in power. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 am

With the next big earth quake California might sink, that'll solve all your problems.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:quill this is just libtards throwing their teddies out over trump.

when brexit happened we saw London and Scotland promising to form a new country called scotlond and stay in the EU

you wont be impeaching trump and California wont be going it alone

you will still be threatening to do both in 8 years time





which they will probably do  when Britain finial presses the euthanasia button on it's economy, at the moment it is pretty obvious they are just waiting for enough brexiters to die and will vote again when saner heads are in power. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You think all the Brexit voters are going to be dead in the next 12 months?

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 am

I might be, but hundreds of thousands wont! Smile
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Secession is an analytical term.  The issues haven't be heard.  This is entirely different than the principles of the Civil War, save that we don't particularly want to be associated with southerns.  But that aside, we have a different economy, a different people (particularly Hispanics), and different principles.



But they are alike in their western orientation.  Arizona was founded in 1912, and their constitution reflects the progressive principles of the era.  You see Senators McCain and Flake, and Senator Lisa Murkowski, voting with California democrats on things like the healthcare bill and DACA because of that progressive element.  

But as I say, it's up to them.  It's a lifeline to them, because sure as piss Texas ain't gonna take care of them.  Texas looks out for it's own, and only it's own.  Likewise, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.  And New England is far to distant to care for them.  Frankly, it's the Pacific States or nothing, for Arizona and Alaska.



They said an idiot like Pussy-grabber Trump couldn't be elected president, too.  A lot of unheard-of things happening these days.  It's the Age of the New Normal.

Secession was decided in Texas v White, about 150 years ago.

These are bizarre times.  Who would have foreseen that a man who tickles clitorises in public would be elected president?  Precedents and normalcy no longer hold sway.  These are time in which--just as our parents taught us--we can do or be anything we want!

I envision that this time the west coast and the rest of the nation will simply voluntarily  part ways, as peacefully as you please.  Look, the United States of America has become a semi-Nazi state, dedicated to white supremacy and xenophobia; the Pacific States of America still stands for liberal principles and the civilization that used to be.  

No way that the south wants to be a part of the west; no way does the west coast want to be a part of the south.  All both sides have to do is realize that, and come to grips with their own druthers.  It's time for reasonable men and women to sit down and come to Nature's conclusion: we don't belong together!

Naddog wrote:Arizona and Alaska are fairly red. As western type states they have a libertarian streak, but they are nothing like California. They are more like Idaho and Montana.  

Perhaps you are right.  I am only talking about throwing them a lifeline.  I have previously lived in Arizona for almost two decades, and indeed, I have taught at the University of Arizona, in Tucson, and been an Asst. Attorney General in Phoenix.  Arizona is landlocked and exists only as a part of Los Angeles east…it will not survive without California.  Alaska is even worse.  It hardly has any population at all, and will have to revert to territorial status, a few thousand miles away from it's mother nation.  

In no way do we want a coercive gathering of states, such as there was back during the Civil War.  It should be entirely voluntary.  Note that I spoke of "extending invitations" to Baja California and western Canada.  We would extend the same invitations to Arizona and Alaska, and if they don't accept, of course it's purely a matter of freedom of choice.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey Quill

You impeach trump Yet??

Or is he #stillyourpresident

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Hey Quill

You impeach trump Yet??

Or is he #stillyourpresident

It's a done deal, but we don't want to give away our secrets/timetable, etc. We have to first synchronize with criminal actions in New York State. Twisted Evil

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Hey Quill

You impeach trump Yet??

Or is he #stillyourpresident

It's a done deal, but we don't want to give away our secrets/timetable, etc.  We have to first synchronize with criminal actions in New York State. Twisted Evil

is that a yes trump is #stillyourpresident

or is that a no trump is #stillyourpresident


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's a done deal, but we don't want to give away our secrets/timetable, etc.  We have to first synchronize with criminal actions in New York State. Twisted Evil

is that a yes trump is #stillyourpresident

or is that a no trump is #stillyourpresident


The answer was neither 'yes' or 'no.' Read carefully:

Original Quill wrote:It's a done deal, but we don't want to give away our secrets/timetable, etc. We have to first synchronize with criminal actions in New York State.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

is that a yes trump is #stillyourpresident

or is that a no trump is #stillyourpresident


The answer was neither 'yes' or 'no.'  Read carefully:

Original Quill wrote:It's a done deal, but we don't want to give away our secrets/timetable, etc. We have to first synchronize with criminal actions in New York State.


yeah yeah yeah

first it was like "trump will never win he is the biggest joke"

then it was "trump raped 600 women in one night" (no convictions)

then it was "trump is a secret Russian agent" CNN later got caught on camera admitting to making it all up, calling it a "nothing burger"

then it was "trumps a neo nazi" (even though there is video footage of him going back 30 condemning the KKK)

now its back to "trump is putins pet"

you havent got a single thing on him, no evidence, no proof of collusion .................fuck all.

do you know what is happening??

you are suffering from PTSD brought about by trumps election, nick clegg the one time leader of the uk Libdems has the same problem with brexit, neither of you can accept what has happened, and just like PTSD sufferers your mind fabricates an alternative series of events that allow it to function in a reality it cannot accept

for nick clegg its the belief that the UK will have a second referendum and vote to stay

for you, its some fairy tale that trump is going to be impeached.

youre broken



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The answer was neither 'yes' or 'no.'  Read carefully:




yeah yeah yeah

first it was like "trump will never win he is the biggest joke"

then it was "trump raped 600 women in one night" (no convictions)

then it was "trump is a secret Russian agent" CNN later got caught on camera admitting to making it all up, calling it a "nothing burger"

then it was "trumps a neo nazi" (even though there is video footage of him going back 30 condemning the KKK)

now its back to "trump is putins pet"

you havent got a single thing on him, no evidence, no proof of collusion .................fuck all.

do you know what is happening??

you are suffering from PTSD brought about by trumps election, nick clegg the one time leader of the uk Libdems has the same problem with brexit, neither of you can accept what has happened, and just like PTSD sufferers your mind fabricates an alternative series of events that allow it to function in a reality it cannot accept

for nick clegg its the belief that the UK will have a second referendum and vote to stay

for you, its some fairy tale that trump is going to be impeached.

youre broken

Haha...you're worried about it, aren't you? Laughing I can tell...you write long posts in response. Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:


yeah yeah yeah

first it was like "trump will never win he is the biggest joke"

then it was "trump raped 600 women in one night" (no convictions)

then it was "trump is a secret Russian agent" CNN later got caught on camera admitting to making it all up, calling it a "nothing burger"

then it was "trumps a neo nazi" (even though there is video footage of him going back 30 condemning the KKK)

now its back to "trump is putins pet"

you havent got a single thing on him, no evidence, no proof of collusion .................fuck all.

do you know what is happening??

you are suffering from PTSD brought about by trumps election, nick clegg the one time leader of the uk Libdems has the same problem with brexit, neither of you can accept what has happened, and just like PTSD sufferers your mind fabricates an alternative series of events that allow it to function in a reality it cannot accept

for nick clegg its the belief that the UK will have a second referendum and vote to stay

for you, its some fairy tale that trump is going to be impeached.

youre broken

Haha...you're worried about it, aren't you?  Laughing  I can tell...you write long posts in response.  Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

no quill, but i think you are. you keep saying its a "done deal", if it was a done deal it would have been done by now

trump will serve the full 8 years, he will build the wall and it is my personal hope and belief that before he leaves office, he will fulfill his first promise to the American people to make America great again, and he will fulfill his final promise to the American people to "lock her up"


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:12 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Haha...you're worried about it, aren't you?  Laughing  I can tell...you write long posts in response.  Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

no quill, but i think you are. you keep saying its a "done deal", if it was a done deal it would have been done by now

trump will serve the full 8 years, he will build the wall and it is my personal hope and belief that before he leaves office, he will fulfill his first promise to the American people  to make America great again, and he will fulfill his final promise to the American people to "lock her up"

It takes time to tighten the noose, Russ.  But keep checking in, and I'll keep you informed when I hear anything. Basketball

You're not on a hot-line to the WH, are you?  I know they are anxious too.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

no quill, but i think you are. you keep saying its a "done deal", if it was a done deal it would have been done by now

trump will serve the full 8 years, he will build the wall and it is my personal hope and belief that before he leaves office, he will fulfill his first promise to the American people  to make America great again, and he will fulfill his final promise to the American people to "lock her up"

It takes time to tighten the noose, Russ.  But keep checking in, and I'll keep you informed when I hear anything.   Basketball

You're not on a hot-line to the WH, are you?  I know they are anxious too.

can you give me a ballpark??

you keep saying its a done deal, how long does it take to cross some T's and dot some I's??

at this rate trump will be dead before you get your case together

hurry the fuck up, my popcorn's getting cold

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It takes time to tighten the noose, Russ.  But keep checking in, and I'll keep you informed when I hear anything.   Basketball

You're not on a hot-line to the WH, are you?  I know they are anxious too.

can you give me a ballpark??

you keep saying its a done deal, how long does it take to cross some T's and dot some I's??

at this rate trump will be dead before you get your case together

hurry the fuck up, my popcorn's getting cold

If you had been paying attention, I gave you a virtual road map beforehand.  Under the US Constitution, Congress brings impeachment articles, and the Senate tries the matter.  Both are Republican right now, so it's unlikely to go forward in this election cycle.

Next elections are November, 2018.  That is the strategic target date.  If the Democrats win either the House, the Senate, or both, the impeachment charges will be brought then.

As to the people around Trump, the special prosecutor will have to give his findings to the New York State Attorney General, who will bring charges against them.  This is because if Federal charges were brought, Trump would pardon them.  Indeed, charges against Trump, himself, might be brought in New York Court.

If Democrats fail to regain either house, we will have to proceed with other remedies so as to divorce ourselves from a white-supremacist, Neo-Nazi government.  This process has already begun, in the many state lawsuits against the Federal government.  Those will come to fruition in the next cycle.  The New York Court criminal proceedings (mentioned above) will also be brought at this time, at the latest.

There are many variations to this plan.  So....we'll see.

Don't ask again. Evil or Very Mad

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

can you give me a ballpark??

you keep saying its a done deal, how long does it take to cross some T's and dot some I's??

at this rate trump will be dead before you get your case together

hurry the fuck up, my popcorn's getting cold

If you had been paying attention, I gave you a virtual road map beforehand.  Under the US Constitution, Congress brings impeachment articles, and the Senate tries the matter.  Both are Republican right now, so it's unlikely to go forward in this election cycle.

Next elections are November, 2018.  That is the strategic target date.  If the Democrats win either the House, the Senate, or both, the impeachment charges will be brought then.

As to the people around Trump, the special prosecutor will have to give his findings to the New York State Attorney General, who will bring charges against them.  This is because if Federal charges were brought, Trump would pardon them.  Indeed, charges against Trump, himself, might be brought in New York Court.

If Democrats fail to regain either house, we will have to proceed with other remedies so as to divorce ourselves from a white-supremacist, Neo-Nazi government.  This process has already begun, in the many state lawsuits against the Federal government.  Those will come to fruition in the next cycle.  The New York Court criminal proceedings (mentioned above) will also be brought at this time, at the latest.

There are many variations to this plan.  So....we'll see.

Don't ask again.  Evil or Very Mad

You're full of shit.

Your entire post is full of emotive language

"white supremacist neonazi government"??

You haven't got a case to bring, you're just throwing your teddies out the cot screaming "wascist wascist" in the hopes someone will take you seriously.

All this time and you can't even tell me what trump has done to get impeached.

Sell nuclear plans to the Russians is the closest you've come Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If you had been paying attention, I gave you a virtual road map beforehand.  Under the US Constitution, Congress brings impeachment articles, and the Senate tries the matter.  Both are Republican right now, so it's unlikely to go forward in this election cycle.

Next elections are November, 2018.  That is the strategic target date.  If the Democrats win either the House, the Senate, or both, the impeachment charges will be brought then.

As to the people around Trump, the special prosecutor will have to give his findings to the New York State Attorney General, who will bring charges against them.  This is because if Federal charges were brought, Trump would pardon them.  Indeed, charges against Trump, himself, might be brought in New York Court.

If Democrats fail to regain either house, we will have to proceed with other remedies so as to divorce ourselves from a white-supremacist, Neo-Nazi government.  This process has already begun, in the many state lawsuits against the Federal government.  Those will come to fruition in the next cycle.  The New York Court criminal proceedings (mentioned above) will also be brought at this time, at the latest.

There are many variations to this plan.  So....we'll see.

Don't ask again.  Evil or Very Mad

You're full of shit.

Your entire post is full of emotive language

"white supremacist neonazi government"??

You haven't got a case to bring, you're just throwing your teddies out the cot screaming "wascist wascist" in the hopes someone will take you seriously.

All this time and you can't even tell me what trump has done to get impeached.

Sell nuclear plans to the Russians is the closest you've come Rolling Eyes

Denial is a river in east Africa, Russ. It's all in there ^, and I've given you a detailed inventory of the laws broken. You just have to look.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

You're full of shit.

Your entire post is full of emotive language

"white supremacist neonazi government"??

You haven't got a case to bring, you're just throwing your teddies out the cot screaming "wascist wascist" in the hopes someone will take you seriously.

All this time and you can't even tell me what trump has done to get impeached.

Sell nuclear plans to the Russians is the closest you've come Rolling Eyes

Denial is a river in east Africa, Russ.  It's all in there ^, and I've given you a detailed inventory of the laws broken.  You just have to look.

I know guys like you in the forces Quill, pretenders dreamers, charlatans.

Guys who have a hundred different war stories about how big the queue to the galley in bastion was, or how the pizza hut ran out of pepperoni

We have a saying for you guys, we say: "you talk a good war".

Quill?? You talk a good war.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Denial is a river in east Africa, Russ.  It's all in there ^, and I've given you a detailed inventory of the laws broken.  You just have to look.

I know guys like you in the forces Quill, pretenders dreamers, charlatans.

Guys who have a hundred different war stories about how big the queue to the galley in bastion was, or how the pizza hut ran out of pepperoni

We have a saying for you guys, we say: "you talk a good war".

Quill?? You talk a good war.

This thread is not about me.  So...as you've changed the subject, I will conclude that you give up.  I accept your mea culpa.

Wise choice.  You weren't making much sense anyway.  Evil or Very Mad

Truth be told, I've never served in the military.  I was State Department, cons-ops, with my portfolio as the entire Mediterranean.  I visited many top-secret sites, and given that background I was classified as too dangerous for military service.  I did have military orders, which permitted me to fly, float or ride military.  I frequently stayed at military BOQ's and dined at Officer's Clubs around the world, however my homes were in Seville and Glyfada, just outside Athens.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:29 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:quill this is just libtards throwing their teddies out over trump.

when brexit happened we saw London and Scotland promising to form a new country called scotlond and stay in the EU

you wont be impeaching trump and California wont be going it alone

you will still be threatening to do both in 8 years time





which they will probably do  when Britain finial presses the euthanasia button on it's economy, at the moment it is pretty obvious they are just waiting for enough brexiters to die and will vote again when saner heads are in power. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You think all the Brexit voters are going to be dead in the next 12 months?

you think it cant be delayed further? and you do realize they don't need that many to die and the vote would go the other way... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I know guys like you in the forces Quill, pretenders dreamers, charlatans.

Guys who have a hundred different war stories about how big the queue to the galley in bastion was, or how the pizza hut ran out of pepperoni

We have a saying for you guys, we say: "you talk a good war".

Quill?? You talk a good war.

This thread is not about me.  So...as you've changed the subject, I will conclude that you give up.  I accept your mea culpa.

Wise choice.  You weren't making much sense anyway.  Evil or Very Mad

Truth be told, I've never served in the military.  I was State Department, cons-ops, with my portfolio as the entire Mediterranean.  I visited many top-secret sites, and given that background I was classified as too dangerous for military service.  I did have military orders, which permitted me to fly, float or ride military.  I frequently stayed at military BOQ's and dined at Officer's Clubs around the world, however my homes were in Seville and Glyfada, just outside Athens.

You have officially taken the title of "Walter Mitty" from didge


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

You think all the Brexit voters are going to be dead in the next 12 months?

you think it cant be delayed further? and you do realize they don't need that many to die and the vote would go the other way... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah not that many, only about a couple million

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:30 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

you think it cant be delayed further? and you do realize they don't need that many to die and the vote would go the other way... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah not that many, only about a couple million



Which might take...

Oh,  two years,  or even a little less..          tongue

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6451
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Yeah not that many, only about a couple million



Which might take...

Oh,  two years,  or even a little less..          tongue

you been taking tips from Hitler have you??

you might have to step up your operations though, i mean it took Hitler years to exterminate the number of Jews he did, a couple of years to exterminate millions is rather ambitious even for someone with as much hatred as you have in that shriveled husk of soul

i think you're likely in for some more disappointment.

brexit will happen, and the best part is its going to be a the hardest no-deal brexit you can imagine

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Original Quill on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:


Which might take...

Oh,  two years,  or even a little less..          tongue

you been taking tips from Hitler have you??

you might have to step up your operations though, i mean it took Hitler years to exterminate the number of Jews he did, a couple of years to exterminate millions is rather ambitious even for someone with as much hatred as you have in that shriveled husk of soul

i think you're likely in for some more disappointment.

brexit will happen, and the best part is its going to be a the hardest no-deal brexit you can imagine  

Ruskies raise a ruckus. But Brexit hasn't happened yet, has it? Supposed to happen this year, innit?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 26045
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Impeachment hasn't happened either Laughing
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puerto Rico: Trump's Katrina

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum