Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Go down

Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Humans, just like all other animals, are biologically designed to want to procreate. We are designed to want to pass on our genetic material. Although only a few known animals are capable of deriving pleasure from sex, these include dolphins, primates, and humans, all animals are meant to procreate so that they can pass on their genetic material.

We do things to enhance our characteristics so that we can attract a potential mate
Whether it be through an aesthetic body, a fancy car or a big, luxurious estate, we all want to increase certain attributes that make us more desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
However, a recent study has emerged illustrating the benefits of NOT having kids. The study goes on to show how having a child can negatively affect certain aspects of your life from money, to sleep all the way to your sex life.


Statistically, marriages have shown to suffer and ultimately lead to divorce, after the birth of a child.

According to Bustle, they showed that 70 percent of couples experience ‘slumps’ in their relationship within the first three years of their child’s birth. This can be because couples have differing opinions on how to raise their kids, a lack of sleep and also because of stress-related issues.

From an interview with Ellen Walker in Psychology Today, she said: ‘marital satisfaction rates actually plummet after the birth of the first child. So, if a couple has the idea that a baby will bring them closer, think again.

Moreover, having a child is also a huge burden financially. According to NBC News, having a child in America can cost as much as 13,000 dollars a year.

Stretch that out to 17 years, and parents have paid more than a quarter of a million dollars for their child! And this number does not even take into account the cost of post-secondary education. The study went on to show that if couples do have a child, their satisfaction rates only increase up to the same amount as those people who choose not to have kids.




http://www.providr.com/dont-have-a-child/2/?utm_source=Shared&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr


_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm

What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 pm

eddie wrote:What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.

Errrrrr this is awkward

Did you read the opening line to your post??

Or did you just blind fire it round the corner without checking it??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:What does Tommy say about this? Seeing as we are only supposed to have sex to make babies.

Errrrrr this is awkward

Did you read the opening line to your post??

Or did you just blind fire it round the corner without checking it??


Errrrrr no. Did you understand the context after the beginning?
The subtleties in life always pass you by. It's why you're stuck in the muck.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:25 am

Arrow

The planet is already grossly overpopulated with mankind...

Overpopulation has been a major environmental, economic and logistics problem for more than half a century..

Earth has more than double the humanity that is healthy for it -- "finite" natural resources means just that.

The less children that humankind produces now, the better off we will be..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by smelly-bandit on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Errrrrr this is awkward

Did you read the opening line to your post??

Or did you just blind fire it round the corner without checking it??


Errrrrr no.  Did you understand the context after the beginning?
The subtleties in life always pass you by. It's why you're stuck in the muck.

you didnt read your own post???

youre getting as bad as didge

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:


Errrrrr no.  Did you understand the context after the beginning?
The subtleties in life always pass you by. It's why you're stuck in the muck.

you didnt read your own post???

youre getting as bad as didge

Ah bless, someone is tired again constantly thinking of me   Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Jules on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Worst decision???
Nope!
The best decision you can ever make is to have a child.
I was on a high for a whole week after my son was born. I don't think I stopped smiling.
A child is a priceless gift indeed, more priceless than words can ever express.

_________________
'allez allez allez, les bleus' - jules rimet ♥
avatar
Jules

Posts : 2395
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Maddog on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:Humans, just like all other animals, are biologically designed to want to procreate. We are designed to want to pass on our genetic material. Although only a few known animals are capable of deriving pleasure from sex, these include dolphins, primates, and humans, all animals are meant to procreate so that they can pass on their genetic material.

We do things to enhance our characteristics so that we can attract a potential mate
Whether it be through an aesthetic body, a fancy car or a big, luxurious estate, we all want to increase certain attributes that make us more desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
However, a recent study has emerged illustrating the benefits of NOT having kids. The study goes on to show how having a child can negatively affect certain aspects of your life from money, to sleep all the way to your sex life.


Statistically, marriages have shown to suffer and ultimately lead to divorce, after the birth of a child.

According to Bustle, they showed that 70 percent of couples experience ‘slumps’ in their relationship within the first three years of their child’s birth. This can be because couples have differing opinions on how to raise their kids, a lack of sleep and also because of stress-related issues.

From an interview with Ellen Walker in Psychology Today, she said: ‘marital satisfaction rates actually plummet after the birth of the first child. So, if a couple has the idea that a baby will bring them closer, think again.

Moreover, having a child is also a huge burden financially. According to NBC News, having a child in America can cost as much as 13,000 dollars a year.

Stretch that out to 17 years, and parents have paid more than a quarter of a million dollars for their child! And this number does not even take into account the cost of post-secondary education. The study went on to show that if couples do have a child, their satisfaction rates only increase up to the same amount as those people who choose not to have kids.




http://www.providr.com/dont-have-a-child/2/?utm_source=Shared&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr


You can double those figures if they are daughters. clown
avatar
Maddog

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm

One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

Maybe some people find the relationship with their partner slumps after having a baby is because they cant be selfish and just concentrate on each other anymore.


_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by magica on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 am

Syl wrote:One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

Maybe some people find the relationship with their partner slumps after having a baby is because they cant be selfish and just concentrate on each other anymore.


I totally agree with you Syl. Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus. What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:19 am

Grandchildren, love 'em when they visit, love 'em when they go .
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am

You gotta feel pity for any woman who is on the receiving end of Tommys or SB's reproductive fluid.
Poor kid will have to endure a lifetime of cringing at having a racist bigot as a dad.


Last edited by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4513
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 am

Ditto for yourself, or haven't you noticed?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Angry Andy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 am

nicko wrote:Ditto for yourself, or haven't you noticed?
Woken up after boring yourself to sleep?

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4513
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:One of the best things about having children is...if you are lucky, you eventually get grandchildren....all the pleasure again, and you can give em back when you have had the fun. cheers

Maybe some people find the relationship with their partner slumps after having a baby is because they cant be selfish and just concentrate on each other anymore.


I totally agree with you Syl.   Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus.  What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because  babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.

Thing is Mags, when you have kids you have to grow up yourself....some people aren't ready for that, some people never are.
On the other hand, kids also keep you young, and its great to see things through a childs eyes again.

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT grandchildren. Cool

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Pity me, I'V got 12!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm

nicko wrote:Pity me, I'V got 12!

You have 12 grandchildren or 12 great grandchildren?? Shocked

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by magica on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

I totally agree with you Syl.   Being a parent is a blessing as far as I'm concerned and having Grandchildren are a fantastic bonus.  What a wonderful gift it is to have them.

Yes some relationships suffer, but not all. I think it depends on the relationship to start with, because  babies can bring you closer or pull you apart if you're not right to begin with.

Thing is Mags, when you have kids you have to grow up yourself....some people aren't ready for that, some people never are.
On the other hand, kids also keep you young, and its great to see things through a childs eyes again.

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT  grandchildren. Cool


That's true Syl, we grow up fast. It's not about us anymore its all about the baby.

Have to laugh and I'm sure we all said it, having a baby won't change my life, silliest thing to say, because of course they do, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thing is Mags, when you have kids you have to grow up yourself....some people aren't ready for that, some people never are.
On the other hand, kids also keep you young, and its great to see things through a childs eyes again.

I was talking to a friend yesterday....she is in her 60's, fit as a fiddle, attractive and outgoing, and she has two GREAT  grandchildren. Cool


That's true Syl, we grow up fast. It's not about us anymore its all about the baby.

Have to laugh and I'm sure we all said it, having a baby won't change my life, silliest thing to say, because of course they do, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

If kids don't change your life...you are doing something wrong. scratch

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by nicko on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:51 pm

SYL, 12 great Grandchildren, and another on the way !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

nicko wrote:SYL,   12 great Grandchildren,   and another on the way !

Blimey Nicko, I bet Christmas is an expensive time for you. Laughing

I would love another grandchild....son isn't co-operating though. Basketball

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by magica on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:34 pm

12 great grandkids Nicko, wow I bet you have to write all their birthdays on a calendar affraid

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
magica

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by nicko on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

I leave all Christmas/ Birthday cards presents etc to the Wife !
--------Hangs head in shame.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Syl on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 pm

nicko wrote:I leave all Christmas/ Birthday cards presents etc to the Wife !
--------Hangs head in shame.

I think most married men do that.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 15497
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:39 pm

nicko wrote:SYL,   12 great Grandchildren,   and another on the way !

Like my mum then - 12 grandchildren - 12 great grandchildren and another due this November .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 976
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 pm

i have one grandson who i absolutely adore - there is talk of my youngest and his partner starting a family -they're both at university she is studying to be a vet nurse and he a vet - five years for his two years for her. I told them to get on with it ha ha and this time could it be a girl Smile

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 976
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Worst Decision You Can Ever Make Is To Have A Child, According To Study

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum