Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

[*]Shirley Manor Primary Academy imposed policy to promote healthy eating 

[*]It wants to ensure children eat well and to work with parents to achieve this

[*]Headteacher placed ban on pork pies and sausage rolls, sweets and fizzy drinks 

[*]Parent claims policy led to sausage roll being taken from his son's packed lunch 


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4924734/School-bans-sausage-rolls-pork-pies-fruit-squash.html#ixzz4ttrctxCR 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Syl wrote:Eeew.......No, we ate well as poor people often did in those days.

A bottle of pop was a luxury, and obviously most mums cooked good food instead of relying on processed rubbish.


I know you ate well.... Laughing


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Some people might die of conditions which are either caused or exacerbated by being overweight. They don't die of excess fat.


You are completely wrong there, whether that be, on being overweight how it blocks the arteries with excess fat and colesterol.

So being overweight, is a massive factor in how many people die before their time

fat doesn't block arteries - cholesterol doesn't block arteries either - inflammation blocks arteries and cholesterol collects in the arteries to protect them from the inflammation - the inflammation came first and because the body did what it was supposed to be doing by sending cholesterol to the arteries to protect them it then got the bad reputation.

Fat is good for us - processed food is bad such as margarine low fat foods - low fat foods need additives to give them taste such as sugar - too much sugar cause inflammation in the body which then cause other related health problems .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:


You are completely wrong there, whether that be, on being overweight how it blocks the arteries with excess fat and colesterol.

So being overweight, is a massive factor in how many people die before their time

fat doesn't block arteries - cholesterol doesn't block arteries either - inflammation blocks arteries and cholesterol collects in the arteries to protect them from the inflammation - the inflammation came first and because the body did what it was supposed to be doing by sending cholesterol to the arteries to protect them it then got the bad reputation.

Fat is good for us - processed food is bad such as margarine low fat foods - low fat foods need additives to give them taste such as sugar - too much sugar cause inflammation in the body which then cause other related health problems .

Er yes fat residue does block arteries

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fat-deposits-arteries-5580.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

fat doesn't block arteries - cholesterol doesn't block arteries either - inflammation blocks arteries and cholesterol collects in the arteries to protect them from the inflammation - the inflammation came first and because the body did what it was supposed to be doing by sending cholesterol to the arteries to protect them it then got the bad reputation.

Fat is good for us - processed food is bad such as margarine low fat foods - low fat foods need additives to give them taste such as sugar - too much sugar cause inflammation in the body which then cause other related health problems .

Er yes fat residue does block arteries

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fat-deposits-arteries-5580.html

er- no it doesn't .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Er yes fat residue does block arteries

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fat-deposits-arteries-5580.html

er- no it doesn't .


Errr yes it does and hence why medically i would never take any advice from you Dibs. No disrespect.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Of course the BHF have disagreed with the information - simply because they are a charity that make money .

My dad had four heart attacks a pace maker and took statins that basically killed one cell at a time in his body - all the health problems came from the statins - he came off the statins in January this year and most of his body pain disappeared within days - unfortunately it was too late for him as the damage had been done - he was put on statins 16 years ago for high cholesterol - a few years on he developed diabetes and had two heart attacks and i firmly believe the statins cause diabetes and heart attacks .
I know you're going to tell me different and I accept you have a different belief and believe in medicine and the NHS- but i do not and I have every right to hold a different view than you- I know many doctors surgeons and nurses personal friends and all agree that statins cause health problems . I do not believe fat such as animal fat butter full fat milk and cheese clog arteries - I believe inflammation blocks the arteries due to high sugar diet which then causes inflammation in the body .

I'm not going to sit here and debate this with you didge because I saw first hand what statins and being on a low fat diet did to my dad - it killed him slowly and I cannot sit here and argue the toss as its too painful for me to even talk about it right now so hope you understand that i will leave this comment and not return to it for now .

I do appreciate and accept that you have a different view you're entitled to that okay .
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/saturated-fats-do-not-cause-heart-disease-cardiologists-claim_uk_58ff3bdfe4b0288f5dc7da10

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Of course the BHF have disagreed with the information - simply because they are a charity that make money .

My dad had four heart attacks a pace maker and took statins that basically killed one cell at a time in his body - all the health problems came from the statins - he came off the statins in January this year and most of his body pain disappeared within days - unfortunately it was too late for him as the damage had been done - he was put on statins 16 years ago for high cholesterol - a few years on he developed diabetes and had two heart attacks and i firmly believe the statins cause diabetes and heart attacks .
I know you're going to tell me different and I accept you have a different belief and believe in medicine and the NHS- but i do not and I have every right to hold a different view than you- I know many doctors surgeons and nurses personal friends and all agree that statins cause health problems . I do not believe fat such as animal fat butter full fat milk and cheese clog arteries - I believe inflammation blocks the arteries due to high sugar diet which then causes inflammation in the body .

I'm not going to sit here and debate this with you didge because I saw first hand what statins and being on a low fat diet did to my dad - it killed him slowly and I cannot sit here and argue the toss as its too painful for me to even talk about it right now so hope you understand that i will leave this comment and not return to it for now .

I do appreciate and accept that you have a different view you're entitled to that okay .
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/saturated-fats-do-not-cause-heart-disease-cardiologists-claim_uk_58ff3bdfe4b0288f5dc7da10


Well that is your view based on one person, which is a poor view to hold.

I am sorry for the loss of your dad, but that does not excuse your ignorance here.

You have time and again come out with utter nonsense on things medical, which i have little time for.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So how does a sausage roll block an artery? You have assumed that sausage rolls automatically lead to an excess of body fat.


With excess fat

It will do, if you have fatty foods over time.

Sausage rolls are very high in fat and salt.

The fat from a sausage roll doesn't go into the arteries. Fat in the body is an entirely different substance. It's an excess of calories which will lead to the body storing fat.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:


With excess fat

It will do, if you have fatty foods over time.

Sausage rolls are very high in fat and salt.

The fat from a sausage roll doesn't go into the arteries. Fat in the body is an entirely different substance. It's an excess of calories which will lead to the body storing fat.


But it is high in fat and salt is it not, which is not good for the body is it not?

You clearly had to copy and paste your last senstence, as there is a dead give away lol. Which means you really do not know much about this.. Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Thorin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Of course the BHF have disagreed with the information - simply because they are a charity that make money .

My dad had four heart attacks a pace maker and took statins that basically killed one cell at a time in his body - all the health problems came from the statins - he came off the statins in January this year and most of his body pain disappeared within days - unfortunately it was too late for him as the damage had been done - he was put on statins 16 years ago for high cholesterol - a few years on he developed diabetes and had two heart attacks and i firmly believe the statins cause diabetes and heart attacks .
I know you're going to tell me different and I accept you have a different belief and believe in medicine and the NHS- but i do not and I have every right to hold a different view than you- I know many doctors surgeons and nurses personal friends and all agree that statins cause health problems . I do not believe fat such as animal fat butter full fat milk and cheese clog arteries - I believe inflammation blocks the arteries due to high sugar diet which then causes inflammation in the body .

I'm not going to sit here and debate this with you didge because I saw first hand what statins and being on a low fat diet did to my dad - it killed him slowly and I cannot sit here and argue the toss as its too painful for me to even talk about it right now so hope you understand that i will leave this comment and not return to it for now .

I do appreciate and accept that you have a different view you're entitled to that okay .
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/saturated-fats-do-not-cause-heart-disease-cardiologists-claim_uk_58ff3bdfe4b0288f5dc7da10


Well that is your view based on one person, which is a poor view to hold.

I am sorry for the loss of your dad, but that does not excuse your ignorance here.

You have time and again come out with utter nonsense on things medical, which i have little time for.

I did say we both have our right to our own beliefs - please don't call my beliefs ignorant i wasn't rude to you was I so - its only polite not to be rude to me .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Well that is your view based on one person, which is a poor view to hold.

I am sorry for the loss of your dad, but that does not excuse your ignorance here.

You have time and again come out with utter nonsense on things medical, which i have little time for.

I did say we both have our right to our own beliefs - please don't call my beliefs ignorant i wasn't rude to you was I so - its only polite not to be rude to me .


Would you rather I lie Dibs?

I am being honest, not to be rude, but to be true based on medical knowledge.

Which is not an opinion.

Sorry if you take offense but again as i say I have little time for views I see as poor,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The fat from a sausage roll doesn't go into the arteries. Fat in the body is an entirely different substance. It's an excess of calories which will lead to the body storing fat.


But it is high in fat and salt is it not, which is not good for the body is it not?

You clearly had to copy and paste your last senstence, as there is a dead give away lol. Which means you really do not know much about this.. Laughing

Yet another one of your beliefs that I disagree with salt salt salt - we need salt to survive - salt does not clog arteries .Salt is good for us .

didge you do not know it all sorry but you don't - you are a firm believer in the system the NHS - my brother is a chemist but since my dads death he has no faith in medicine now - makes the dam stuff so he should know . We as a family know exactly what we have seen and experienced and its not good . Once bitten twice shy - even my mum has now come off some of her medication after seeing what her husband suffered .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:


But it is high in fat and salt is it not, which is not good for the body is it not?

You clearly had to copy and paste your last senstence, as there is a dead give away lol. Which means you really do not know much about this.. Laughing

Yet another one of your beliefs that I disagree with salt salt salt - we need salt to survive - salt does not clog arteries .Salt is good for us .

didge you do not know it all sorry but you don't - you are a firm believer in the system the NHS - my brother is a chemist but since my dads death he has no faith in medicine now - makes the dam stuff so he should know . We as a family know exactly what we have seen and experienced and its not good . Once bitten twice shy - even my mum has now come off some of her medication after seeing what her husband suffered .


Yes we do need salt, but too much can have such an effect on the body, not only in the short term but the long term. It effects the sodium levels in your bloodstream and effects how your kidneys are able to remove water.

Look when people say they know somebody, means diddly to me.
Its like saying they saw Jesus walk on water.
Expecting me to take something someone tells me when it is radically wrong on how and why something effects the body.

Again Dibs you are never going to convince me with such poor views

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Lord Foul on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 pm

would love to see what these dictators would say to my grandkids


"no you cant have that pork pie"

Its not a pork pie

its a home made fresh shot rabbit pie.

lean and healthy, even the pastry is home made(and not too thick)

oh and the sarnies are sliced roast fresh pheasant off the field last saturday (well they will be in a few weeks )

oh and the drink is homemade blackberry cordial



and NO you CANT have any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9004
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Syl on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:Eeew.......No, we ate well as poor people often did in those days.

A bottle of pop was a luxury, and obviously most mums cooked good food instead of relying on processed rubbish.


I know you ate well.... Laughing


Oy, stop pinching vids from my family album. Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Thorin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

Yet another one of your beliefs that I disagree with salt salt salt - we need salt to survive - salt does not clog arteries .Salt is good for us .

didge you do not know it all sorry but you don't - you are a firm believer in the system the NHS - my brother is a chemist but since my dads death he has no faith in medicine now - makes the dam stuff so he should know . We as a family know exactly what we have seen and experienced and its not good . Once bitten twice shy - even my mum has now come off some of her medication after seeing what her husband suffered .


Yes we do need salt, but too much can have such an effect on the body, not only in the short term but the long term. It effects the sodium levels in your bloodstream and effects how your kidneys are able to remove water.

Look when people say they know somebody, means diddly to me.
Its like saying they saw Jesus walk on water.
Expecting me to take something someone tells me when it is radically wrong on how and why something effects the body.

Again Dibs you are never going to convince me with such poor views

I have no intention of convincing you - I am merely giving you my views . I know it means nothing to you that I know doctors who disagree with your views - they have been through medical school and they have seen what damage some meds do to people and they are seeing things so differently and coming away from conventional treatments . You can have your opinion yes but you don't need to insult me that's all I'm saying .

Your beliefs are no more right than mine .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Syl on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Yes we do need salt, but too much can have such an effect on the body, not only in the short term but the long term. It effects the sodium levels in your bloodstream and effects how your kidneys are able to remove water.

Look when people say they know somebody, means diddly to me.
Its like saying they saw Jesus walk on water.
Expecting me to take something someone tells me when it is radically wrong on how and why something effects the body.

Again Dibs you are never going to convince me with such poor views

I have no intention of convincing you - I am merely giving you my views . I know it means nothing to you that I know doctors who disagree with your views - they have been through medical school and they have seen what damage some meds do to people and they are seeing things so differently and coming away from conventional treatments . You can have your opinion yes but you don't need to insult me that's all I'm saying .

Your beliefs are no more right than mine .

That's true... and I have noticed that many times when you give a viewpoint you are often asked to explain it and justify it, which you often do with patience and charm I might add. Cool

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13022
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Yes we do need salt, but too much can have such an effect on the body, not only in the short term but the long term. It effects the sodium levels in your bloodstream and effects how your kidneys are able to remove water.

Look when people say they know somebody, means diddly to me.
Its like saying they saw Jesus walk on water.
Expecting me to take something someone tells me when it is radically wrong on how and why something effects the body.

Again Dibs you are never going to convince me with such poor views

I have no intention of convincing you - I am merely giving you my views . I know it means nothing to you that I know doctors who disagree with your views - they have been through medical school and they have seen what damage some meds do to people and they are seeing things so differently and coming away from conventional treatments . You can have your opinion yes but you don't need to insult me that's all I'm saying .

Your beliefs are no more right than mine .

Again you have to learn that I will be highly critical of poor and incorrect views.
Its why its called a debate forum.
Its not personal, I simple will say things as it is.
You simple have to get used to that or you don't.
That is up to you.
Again saying to me people you know is like saying you have seen an elephant fly when trying to use that as evidence.
What matters is medical knowledge here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

I have no intention of convincing you - I am merely giving you my views . I know it means nothing to you that I know doctors who disagree with your views - they have been through medical school and they have seen what damage some meds do to people and they are seeing things so differently and coming away from conventional treatments . You can have your opinion yes but you don't need to insult me that's all I'm saying .

Your beliefs are no more right than mine .

Again you have to learn that I will be highly critical of poor and incorrect views.
Its why its called a debate forum.
Its not personal, I simple will say things as it is.
You simple have to get used to that or you don't.
That is up to you.
Again saying to me people you know is like saying you have seen an elephant fly when trying to use that as evidence.
What matters is medical knowledge here.

And you simply have to accept that I really don't mind that you think you're right - but I still have my views and beliefs and my views and that of the medical professionals I know have more knowledge than you - you're not a doctor or a surgeon you just have your beliefs and think yours are right - that's fine but I believe the medical professionals that have seen patients deteriorate from certain medications and now hold different views - I trust them over you as they have been to medical school and you haven't - they have seen it before their own eyes so I trust them that they went along with the system only to change their views and now prefer to treat patients with alternatives .

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 891
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Vod, you don't need to convince Didge of anything - he will argue with you whatever you say.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Again you have to learn that I will be highly critical of poor and incorrect views.
Its why its called a debate forum.
Its not personal, I simple will say things as it is.
You simple have to get used to that or you don't.
That is up to you.
Again saying to me people you know is like saying you have seen an elephant fly when trying to use that as evidence.
What matters is medical knowledge here.

And you simply have to accept that I really don't mind that you think you're right - but I still have my views and beliefs and my views and that of the medical professionals I know have more knowledge than you - you're not a doctor or a surgeon you just have your beliefs and think yours are right - that's fine but I believe the medical professionals that have seen patients deteriorate from certain medications and now hold different views - I trust them over you as they have been to medical school and you haven't - they have seen it before their own eyes so I trust them that they went along with the system only to change their views and now prefer to treat patients with alternatives .


Here we go again, a view to people you know without you actually taking about anything medical.
I trust medical facts, not hearsay from posters when they are using that hearsay as evidence.
So its pointless to use a claim on people you know.
They are not here and what matters is what you know or do not know as the case maybe.
That is all that matters in a debate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:Tommy you keep going on about "pork" but that's really how clueless you are.  It's the pastry that's the most unhealthy part and if you knew anything you would know that.

It's why they don't  serve children pies at school.  The rest of your "fruit" tirade is just pure and utter nonsense. You've done what you usually do and found a little tiny article and made it your whole point.  

You're being stupidly ridiculous and honestly, you're making yourself look dumb.


But the op article isn't saying ALL types of pastry based foods are banned... and it says other unhealthy foods/snacks are allowed...


Including desserts, cakes, crisps, chocolate bars etc...!


And I've been very clear in what I've said on this thread... the fact that people are misquoting me and can then only argue against the misquotes that they have themselves invented, says it all really...!!!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and Didge and eddie tag-teaming is not something I've seen before - oh dear, things are not looking up here. Razz

Shut up and stop being so childish rags! Are you serious???? So two people agreeing means "tag teaming" now?
Boy I think you're going to eat those words at some point in the near future. Grow up.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by gelico on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:32 pm



killer kiwis are evil

smash 'em up with a hammer

Twisted Evil

gelico

Posts : 711
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and Didge and eddie tag-teaming is not something I've seen before - oh dear, things are not looking up here. Razz

Shut up and stop being so childish rags! Are you serious???? So two people agreeing means "tag teaming" now?
Boy I think you're going to eat those words at some point in the near future. Grow up.

And, by the very way, whom were you addressing with your post? You didn't quote anyone so was it just a general wonderment whereby you hoped someone would tag-team with you, against me?

See how pathetic it is? See how stupid it sounds???

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:48 pm

gelico wrote:

killer kiwis are evil

smash 'em up with a hammer

Twisted Evil


Killer Kiwis?   Cool


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and Didge and eddie tag-teaming is not something I've seen before - oh dear, things are not looking up here. Razz

Shut up and stop being so childish rags! Are you serious???? So two people agreeing means "tag teaming" now?
Boy I think you're going to eat those words at some point in the near future. Grow up.

No, I won't shut up. You sucked up to Didge because you didn't like my post, and he doesn't need any more encouragement than that to start tag-team. You grow up.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Shut up and stop being so childish rags! Are you serious???? So two people agreeing means "tag teaming" now?
Boy I think you're going to eat those words at some point in the near future. Grow up.

And, by the very way, whom were you addressing with your post?  You didn't quote anyone so was it just a general wonderment whereby you hoped someone would tag-team with you, against me?

See how pathetic it is? See how stupid it sounds???

Not as pathetic as you trying to claim that Tommy had said that children who eat fruit suddenly drop dead. Now that sounded really stupid.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Oh, and you won't be "agreeing" with Didge next time he starts on you eddie!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Shut up and stop being so childish rags! Are you serious???? So two people agreeing means "tag teaming" now?
Boy I think you're going to eat those words at some point in the near future. Grow up.

No, I won't shut up. You sucked up to Didge because you didn't like my post, and he doesn't need any more encouragement than that to start tag-team. You grow up.

So is it wrong now to disagree with any post you make?

Lets face it all can read how dumb your post was on the previous page.

I think many people will think the same.

The answer to that, is not to make such dumb points at times, if you are then going to get defensive that others would also agree that you were.

So there is no tag teaming

Take responsibility for some of the poor posts you make

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:23 pm

You weren't disagreeing Didge, you were trolling. Take responsible for that.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29434
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You weren't disagreeing Didge, you were trolling. Take responsible for that.

How can i be a Troll, when I am the King under the Mountain?

Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

And, by the very way, whom were you addressing with your post?  You didn't quote anyone so was it just a general wonderment whereby you hoped someone would tag-team with you, against me?

See how pathetic it is? See how stupid it sounds???

Not as pathetic as you trying to claim that Tommy had said that children who eat fruit suddenly drop dead. Now that sounded really stupid.


Yes... because that is not what I have said at all... it was a complete 'strawman' lie...!!!


Laughing



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I have already asked posters to show a list of suggested allowed healthy items...


But nobody has been able to provide any...


The article says high fat/salt/sugar items are allowed... just not pork based foods...




Wrong, it does not ban all pork based food, that is a complete an utter lie

Where does it say high fat/salt/sugar items are allowed?

It never does, and like i say, you make up bullshit all the time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Try reading what has already been posted...


You will find the answers on this thread...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Try reading what has already been posted...


You will find the answers on this thread...!




Everyone can read what you posted, as i posted it again.

As seen you simple made up a load of bullshit.

Do we have to go around on the Tommy merry go round again where you are in denial?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 pm

For dodge... posted on page 1... and you even replied to it at top of page 2... so how can you deny seeing/reading it...???!!!


Here...


'...The policy, led by Government guidelines, says pupils are encouraged to show their packed lunches to a member of staff before and after they have eaten, especially in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 and states: 'Pork pies, sausage rolls, pepperoni sticks are high in salt and saturated fat.  'These items should not be included in a pupils packed lunchbox. If found a parent will be called.

'Desserts, cakes, biscuits and crisps: these foods are high in saturated fat, sugar and salt - too much of these foods can be harmful to health. If a pupil has more than one of these items in their lunchbox they will be removed by staff and returned to the child at the end of the day
...'


So the pork based foods are listed as banned for being high in fat and salt... some here are saying it's because of the pastry, although one of items listed doesn't contain any pastry... but other high fat/salt/sugar items are allowed... and so are other pastry items like cheese pasty, steak bake pastry slices, steak & kidney pies, even suet puddings aren't mentioned...!


What about a packet of salted peanuts...?


High fat and salt... plus could kill a kid nearby in canteen, who has a nut allergy... but no mention of banning packs of salted peanuts...!


Very strange...!


Laughing



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I have already asked posters to show a list of suggested allowed healthy items...


But nobody has been able to provide any...


The article says high fat/salt/sugar items are allowed
... just not pork based foods...




Wrong, it does not ban all pork based food, that is a complete an utter lie

Where does it say high fat/salt/sugar items are allowed?

It never does, and like i say, you make up bullshit all the time

Excellent, Tommy has posted the article and as can be seen, he is still talking bollocks above, yet again inventing things, claiming the school will alow them. Based on his assumption, not any evidence.

Priceless stupidity reigns again from Tommy

I rest my case

Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Dodge can't read...


'...Desserts, cakes, biscuits and crisps: these foods are high in saturated fat, sugar and salt - too much of these foods can be harmful to health. If a pupil has more than one of these items in their lunchbox they will be removed by staff...'


So these food items are allowed...!!!


While the pork items listed are banned completely...!!!


And no mention of banning salted peanuts...!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Dodge can't read...


'...Desserts, cakes, biscuits and crisps: these foods are high in saturated fat, sugar and salt - too much of these foods can be harmful to health. If a pupil has more than one of these items in their lunchbox they will be removed by staff...'


So these food items are allowed...!!!


While the pork items listed are banned completely...!!!


And no mention of banning salted peanuts...!


lol!



I can read tommy

But can you.

Did you not say all pork based food was banned?

Yes or no?

You then claim that high fat/salt foods are allowed?

Are they really, when as seen its controlled to only one

So lets break this down

How much fat does crips have compared to a pork pie tommy?

Wanna go there?

This is why I love you Tommy, you dig yourself a hole and poorly try to climb out of it

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:34 pm

11 grams of fat in a packet of crisps

How many in a Pork Pie?

36 grams of fat

How much fat in a sausage roll?

25 grams

So being as one pork pie is equivalent to over 3 packets of crisps and that only one packet of crisps is allowed. Where a sausage roll is equivalent to over two packets of crips. Does not Tommy now understand the one rule on crisps?

Doh   Laughing

Does not Tommy now look a complete idiot here?

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:03 am

A peperoni stick has less fat than a bag of crisps... but is listed as banned...!


Some desserts and cakes have much more fat and sugar... but allowed...!


And just 3 chocolate digestives or hob nob biscuits have more fat than a peperoni stick... but also allowed...!!!


Plus loads of other foods with much higher fat/salt content are allowed...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 am

PMSL

Pepperoni has 44 grams of fat, thus 4 times the level of a packet of crisps

What dessert and cakes for a child?

Did you say 3 buiscuits?  Not one buiscuit then?  Where one chocolate Digestive has 4.1grams of fat.



Welcome to the bullshit Tommy merry go round.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Nuts are not, and haven't been for years, allowed in schools.

Tommy you know little to nothing about schools. Or children. Or fruit, it now seems.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:A peperoni stick has less fat than a bag of crisps... but is listed as banned...!


Some desserts and cakes have much more fat and sugar... but allowed...!


And just 3 chocolate digestives or hob nob biscuits have more fat than a peperoni stick... but also allowed...!!!


Plus loads of other foods with much higher fat/salt content are allowed...!!!





The op said 'peperoni sticks'... and if you look them up, the fat content of most of them is between 5-10g fat...


And last time I saw packed lunch size packets of biscuits they were containing 3 or so biscuits...


And eddie... fruit contains fructose... too much of which can cause liver damage/disease...!


Do your own research if you don't believe this!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes Tommy. Too much fruit can cause something or other but IT DOES NOT HAPPEN, DOES IT?

It is actually like me banging on about the fact that we shouldn't eat dog shit cos it will make us sick, it's that irrelevant.


_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 pm

NAFLD in children can be caused by too much fruit/fruit juice... and can also lead to obesity and lead to the bodies resistance to effects of insulin causing diabetes...


Check your facts before dismissing what I say...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Fruit juice isn't fruit. And too much of anything isn't good for you so shall we just stop feeding children?

You just sound stupid.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:Fruit juice isn't fruit. And too much of anything isn't good for you so shall we just stop feeding children?

You just sound stupid.


Not as stupid as you sound with that post!!!


lol!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19086
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by eddie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Hmmm. Okay then.
You just be careful of those bananas and blueberries now, ya hear?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32358
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents outraged as school bans sausage rolls, pork pies, fruit squash and even biscuits from children’s lunch boxes in healthy eating drive

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum