Personal Rant

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, in light of recent topics, I decided to just lay down my reasons for my positions on the topic of anti-gay equality views here. Nothing will come as any surprise, this is just me getting it all down here. For the sheer fun of writing it if nothing else Smile

Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality, so this is not at all me pleading victim status, I don't care for any of that. I do however, feel I have good reason for being pissed off at certain views, regardless of where they come from and regardless of who holds them.

I was, as any gay person is, 'born this way'. My life is about as interesting or uninteresting as anyone else's, gay or straight. I don't see myself as a particularly 'good person', I think very few people really could say that. We all just try to be the best we can, in spite of our flaws. But I'm definitely not a bad person. Fortunately, I don't think I know anyone who would describe me as a bad person anyway, for any reason. MY sexuality is one small aspect of who I am (though my relationship is a very BIG part of who I am).

However, it is something some would use to discriminate against me. Some would deny me marriage. Some would tell me I'm not normal (only ever on the internet of course). There's a reason my partner and I have to be careful when travelling in certain countries, especially when it comes to booking a hotel room (seriously, what a fucking irritation that is...).

That is NOT fair. Again, I'm not asking for sympathy there, just stating a fact. Do straight people have to bother themselves with the above? No. It doesn't bother me day to day, I love my life. That doesn't change anything I've said, though. And for SOME gay people, more in the really backward countries, it must be a NIGHTMARE. And I feel for them, how can't I?

So, when I'm expected to 'tolerate' or 'respect' views which state that I don't deserve to be married, that I'm a sinner, that I'm not normal or that I should respect their right to deny my equality, then I'm sorry, but I find that REALLY hard to do.

I have never done ANYTHING wrong to those people. My life does NOT impede on theirs. I've never deliberately set out to offend an aspect of who they are without provocation.

Yet I'm expected to 'respect' their view?

Why? Because I was born a certain way? I don't care what your god, your holy book or your parents told you. I don't care if you think what I do with my partner is gross. None of those should be my problems. So they shouldn't be made into my problem, or the problems of any other gay people in the world. They are made our problems though, and even when it doesn't affect me personally, it affects others. And I do not see myself as detached from other gay people.

So do I care if a B&B has to close? A woman loses her job? Because they couldn't NOT try to deny my equality? No. In a way they deserve it, even if their views aren't entirely their fault. Because they want to stop another person from being free, equal and happy because of their STUPID beliefs. And make no mistake, they are stupid. For no reason other than how someone was born, a factor which affects NO ONE negatively AT ALL, they want to treat that person with less respect and decency that everyone else.

So fuck them.

Rant over Neutral

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Fantastic post, Les

scratch

What sort of dickhead would "red" this comment from Ben ???

(Or, I wonder if it was accidental -- it does happen..).

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

Don't look in it then.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Issues are being conflated here and on other threads...

Rolling Eyes

Your brain is the most conflated issue on this forum, Tommy !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by eddie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:00 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

No, you really don't, do you? Every post you make sneaks out like a slippery black cancer that's eating you up inside.
You're not getting any happier, are you?

Look around you on this forum, just as an example, and you can literally see the happy, positive people. You're not one of them and you're getting worse.

I told you this on Flap forum, you've spent so long hating everything and everyone that isn't a clone of you, that you're becoming far from being human anymore.

So yes smelly, come out with a one-liner, or speak to me like I'm a nobody but I know you are just dried up and dusty, like one of those sad flower wreaths left at the side of a road....exactly where someone's life became a car crash.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:04 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

She has the right to vote, since there is a vote. But I find it highly immoral to cast a vote that would disallow consenting adults to pursue marriage.

It is only immoral to you though because you have different views than her - it really is the way things are now - anything goes because it makes us happy or feel good or feel right .

Idea

VoD can't help being an ugly little bigotted idiot...

She was an idiot yesterday; she is an idiot today..

And she will be the same deranged idiot when she wakes up tomorrow.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:14 am

Lord Foul wrote:untermench......  undermen...literally sub human

Idea
Beat me to it, Vic...

Under men, where "men" would be in the same sense as mankind or humanity..

The same way that the British Admiralty, Church of England, other Euro' guvm'nts and a few supplicant geographers and faux "scientists" conspired in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries to define various Aboriginal groups in the colonies as being "sub human" savages.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:17 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

Laughing

Yes,  Smelly...
You  --  every morning..         affraid

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 am

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

Don't look in it then.

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at your conscience??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 am

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

No, you really don't, do you?  Every post you make sneaks out like a slippery black cancer that's eating you up inside.
You're not getting any happier, are you?

Look around you on this forum, just as an example, and you can literally see the happy, positive people. You're not one of them and you're getting worse.

I told you this on Flap forum, you've spent so long hating everything and everyone that isn't a clone of you, that you're becoming far from being human anymore.

So yes smelly, come out with a one-liner, or speak to me like I'm a nobody but I know you are just dried up and dusty, like one of those sad flower wreaths left at the side of a road....exactly where someone's life became a car crash.

I think Wolfe is the happiest person on here, followed immediately by ben

Ben seems very happy especially with his new president.

And your wrong, I'm positively sanguine about how things are.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:45 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, you really don't, do you?  Every post you make sneaks out like a slippery black cancer that's eating you up inside.
You're not getting any happier, are you?

Look around you on this forum, just as an example, and you can literally see the happy, positive people. You're not one of them and you're getting worse.

I told you this on Flap forum, you've spent so long hating everything and everyone that isn't a clone of you, that you're becoming far from being human anymore.

So yes smelly, come out with a one-liner, or speak to me like I'm a nobody but I know you are just dried up and dusty, like one of those sad flower wreaths left at the side of a road....exactly where someone's life became a car crash.

I think Wolfe is the happiest person on here, followed immediately by ben

Ben seems very happy especially with his new president.

And your wrong, I'm positively sanguine about how things are.


No wonder why you are so confused.

Do you think happiness stems from positivity or negativity?

Then tell me what you are positive about compared to what you are negative about?

Then see if what you are positive about was brought on by fear and thus negative?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:20 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Someone doesn't like what they see in the mirror

Don't look in it then.

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??

No, tbf you just rant all the time.

I like writing tbh, and expressing feelings that way. I dount a monotonous gob shite like you would understand that though. As Eds said, you are deeply bitter and hateful person. You seeing people going to Mosque-you hate them, two men holding hands-you hate them. I wonder if you behave as such IRL too...

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 am

brilliant post les, shame that this is not obvious to everybody



I openly admit gays have more self control than me, I'm not gay and find it very hard to even pretend to respect the views of racists and homophobes.



_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17961
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 am

Eilzel wrote:She may or may not be homophobic, I've no idea. But I still find her opppsition to gay marriage abhorrent and disgusting. And my point really, however spiteful, is that since she sees me as beneath deserving equality I don't care if she lost her job.


She is homophobic,  how can denying secular marriage equality be anything but? it is not religious marriage so religion has no part to play.

the debate down here has been terrible on the anti-GM side since 90% of the time they are not even talking about GM  but using shitty 'think of the children' false arguments

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17961
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Eilzel wrote:She may or may not be homophobic, I've no idea. But I still find her opppsition to gay marriage abhorrent and disgusting. And my point really, however spiteful, is that since she sees me as beneath deserving equality I don't care if she lost her job.


She is homophobic,  how can denying secular marriage equality be anything but? it is not religious marriage so religion has no part to play.

the debate down here has been terrible on the anti-GM side since 90% of the time they are not even talking about GM  but using shitty 'think of the children' false arguments

Idea

Yeh; she's homophobic...
And her words were parroting an advert' from a conservative 'born again' Christian lobby group in Victoria -- so there's a good chance that she's a RW/conservative 'born again' nutter, as well.

She's also only 18 and pretty naive -- silly enough as to claim that a public FaceBook post should be considered "private"..

And finally, it was the fascist 'shock jock' and idealogue Andrew Bolt that she ran to, to vent her fury at the world...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:


do you support equality though, Tommy?

do you support the right of a gay couple to be married and have the same rights as any straight couple?


Why should totally different things be treated 'equally'...?



Your posts on this are getting worse. What's wrong with you? People like you had this attitude about women not so long ago.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8022
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Don't look in it then.

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??

sleaze

The only two people that I see directing and justifying any hate on this topic, Smelly', are you and Tommy spouting hatred towards anyone different to yourselves...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

It is only immoral to you though because you have different views than her - it really is the way things are now - anything goes because it makes us happy or feel good or feel right .

Idea

VoD can't help being an ugly little bigotted idiot...

She was an idiot yesterday;   she is an idiot today..

And she will be the same deranged idiot when she wakes up tomorrow.

Gay people don't bother me I have no problem with same sex marriage they don't affect my life - I've never said a thing against same sex marriages and I wouldn't vote against them .

You're just rude and insulting - but I won't behave the same way towards you I'm better than that.
Have a great day bless you .
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 976
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Don't look in it then.

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??



who is being trampled then?

whose rights have been quashed?

who is suffering?

gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by eddie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Don't look in it then.

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??

sleaze

The only two people that I see directing and justifying any hate on this topic,  Smelly',  are you and Tommy spouting hatred towards anyone different to yourselves...


Yeah, I simply can't get my head round their way of thinking at all.

_________________
”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34837
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:brilliant post les, shame that this is not obvious to everybody



I openly admit gays have more self control than me, I'm not gay and find it very hard to even pretend to respect the views of racists and homophobes.



Haha it's an eternal struggle veya. Every time a gay person suggests they are even slightly peeved at people questioning their rights, we are cast as militants by screaming RW nutjobs...

^Dibs- you suggest there is a reasonable reaon to oppose gay marriage that I should respect, well go ahead I'm listening.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:51 am

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??



who is being trampled then?

whose rights have been quashed?

who is suffering?

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am

I'm tolerant of everything but intolerant views, smelly boy. So fuck 'em indeed.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:



who is being trampled then?

whose rights have been quashed?

who is suffering?

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to


that is business smelly

running a business you cannot turn away a disabled person (because they are disabled) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a black person (because they are black) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a gay person (because they are gay),,,,,,,,,,

gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:59 am

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I'm not the one needing to make a personal rant to justify my hatred to myself.

All those people getting trampled under foot by the LGBT hate mob finally pricking at  your conscience??

No, tbf you just rant all the time.

I like writing tbh, and expressing feelings that way. I dount a monotonous gob shite like you would understand that though. As Eds said, you are deeply bitter and hateful person. You seeing people going to Mosque-you hate them, two men holding hands-you hate them. I wonder if you behave as such IRL too...

you seem more angry than i do, more filled with bitterness and hatred.

I dont hate the people going to the mosques, but i do hate the mosques and what they teach there, which is rather ironic that you take issue with that since many of those going to to mosques would happily throw you off a roof if they saw you holding your partners hand

the only thing i truly hate elizel?? is being told what i have to think.

perhaps you should take note of what is written in your signature??

"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

why would you expect me to embrace cowardice when you wouldn't?? scratch






_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to


that is business smelly

running a business you cannot turn away a disabled person (because they are disabled) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a black person (because they are black) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a gay person (because they are gay),,,,,,,,,,

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:


that is business smelly

running a business you cannot turn away a disabled person (because they are disabled) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a black person (because they are black) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a gay person (because they are gay),,,,,,,,,,

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??


you were suggesting that the rights of non gay people were being trampled on but now you're just back to what les said,,,,


gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 pm

we all have our own choices of how we live our lives - think we should just live and let live . Same sex marriages don't bother me one bit as long as people are happy .

Happy days everyone Smile

_________________
Romans 8-King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  
avatar
Vicar of Dibley (vod)

Posts : 976
Join date : 2017-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by nicko on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:23 pm

+1
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9535
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:
who is being trampled then?

whose rights have been quashed?

who is suffering?

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to

Rolling Eyes

The B&B owners lost some of their trade --  not their entire business --  nothing to stop them relaunching as something other than a "B&B" accommodation (where, basically --  they simply weren't willing to actually run a 'B&B' as defined under British regulations..);

The Aussie girl lost a contract job that won't be renewed --  nothing to stop her chasing up a new contract elsewhere, where she would probably be more comfortable anyway; (nor is there anything to stop her wisening up over when and where she makes political statements);

And a baker who should probably re-examine his marketing and advertising practices  --  how exactly was his actual ownership of his business being affected or threatened ?   Answer :  it simply wasn't, really..


You're sounding more and more like a whining spoilt brat every day,  Smelly'.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to


that is business smelly

running a business you cannot turn away a disabled person (because they are disabled) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a black person (because they are black) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a gay person (because they are gay),,,,,,,,,,

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??

Being directly impacted by prejudice have not having certain rights are not always the same. Until 2013 I couldn't have gotten married even if I'd wanted to. And unlike you I actually care about other people, so the fact other gay people are discriminated against in life pisses me off.

Also, I strongly dislike being told I'm abnormal by twats on this forum. And will say so. Hating people who wrongly claim others are abnormal or undeserving of equality is hardly irrational. Your resentment toward all minority groups, however, is disgustingly irrational.

Incidentally, my angry posts are almost exclusively directed at homophobic cnuts. Which is why you never see my nicer side Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:



who is being trampled then?

whose rights have been quashed?

who is suffering?

the B&B owners who lost their business?

the woman in Australia who lost her job?

the baker who was given the choice of surrendering his beliefs or his business?

the examples that the lovely tolerant elizel said "fuck them" to


that is business smelly

running a business you cannot turn away a disabled person (because they are disabled) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a black person (because they are black) and rightly so
running a business you cannot turn away a gay person (because they are gay),,,,,,,,,,

Well said, Geli Cool

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

No, tbf you just rant all the time.

I like writing tbh, and expressing feelings that way. I dount a monotonous gob shite like you would understand that though. As Eds said, you are deeply bitter and hateful person. You seeing people going to Mosque-you hate them, two men holding hands-you hate them. I wonder if you behave as such IRL too...

you seem more angry than i do, more filled with bitterness and hatred.

I dont hate the people going to the mosques, but i do hate the mosques and what they teach there, which is rather ironic that you take issue with that since many of those going to to mosques would happily throw you off a roof if they saw you holding your partners hand

the only thing i truly hate elizel?? is being told what i have to think.

perhaps you should take note of what is written in your signature??

"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

why would you expect me to embrace cowardice when you wouldn't?? scratch

Rolling Eyes

You're so full of bullshit there,  SmellyBum'...

You accuse eilzel  of "hating"  --  yet it's you and Tommy who are the ones throwing around so much hatred on these threads..

You and Tommy deserve to be made honorary members of that nasty old hens' club and knitting circle on here --  they spout their xenophobic and racist nonsense and scaremongering, then label their detractors as the "haters";  and you and Tommy go that extra step and add homophobia, bashing the poor, and hatemongering in general, into the mix..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 5793
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??

Being directly impacted by prejudice have not having certain rights are not always the same. Until 2013 I couldn't have gotten married even if I'd wanted to. And unlike you I actually care about other people, so the fact other gay people are discriminated against in life pisses me off.

Also, I strongly dislike being told I'm abnormal by twats on this forum. And will say so. Hating people who wrongly claim others are abnormal or undeserving of equality is hardly irrational. Your resentment toward all minority groups, however, is disgustingly irrational.

Incidentally, my angry posts are almost exclusively directed at homophobic cnuts. Which is why you never see my nicer side Wink  

its 2017 so what rights do i have that are you denied??

you can marry in a church as can I if that is indeed what our wishes would be.

you can hold hands in public (if you have the courage) as can I.

do you realize that you have never once ASKED me what my views are?? you simply dictate to me what my views are and then judge me for it.

i assume that is more out of concern for maintaining the integrity of your narrative than out of interest in the truth, its easier to build up and then tear down a straw man than it is to do to an actual person, by doing that you avoid the risk of having to deal with what a person actually thinks

you need a villain in your fairy tale elizel and come hell or high water, im it. It would never matter to you what my actual views on gay marriage are, much better to simply declare me a homophobe (even though my brother is gay) and proceed with your attacks.

easier too on the ole conscience isnt it?? no need to examine your anger or your hatred, no need even to justify them to anyone, least of all yourself.

fuck everybody and everything that the lovely tolerant elizel condemns as homophobic, though not Muslims eh?? never the Muslims.

who will question lovely tolerant elizel?? only those who are homophobic and its always ok to punch a homophobe

must be nice have such a convenient set morals.





_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:53 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

you seem more angry than i do, more filled with bitterness and hatred.

I dont hate the people going to the mosques, but i do hate the mosques and what they teach there, which is rather ironic that you take issue with that since many of those going to to mosques would happily throw you off a roof if they saw you holding your partners hand

the only thing i truly hate elizel?? is being told what i have to think.

perhaps you should take note of what is written in your signature??

"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

why would you expect me to embrace cowardice when you wouldn't?? scratch

Rolling Eyes

You're so full of bullshit there,  SmellyBum'...

You accuse eilzel  of "hating"  --  yet it's you and Tommy who are the ones throwing around so much hatred on these threads..

You and Tommy deserve to be made honorary members of that nasty old hens' club and knitting circle on here --  they spout their xenophobic and racist nonsense and scaremongering, then label their detractors as the "haters";  and you and Tommy go that extra step and add homophobia, bashing the poor, and hatemongering in general, into the mix..

you must be the happy and positive person ive been hearing so about.

no anger in you is there??

is it because ive been giving you so many greens??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:56 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Being directly impacted by prejudice have not having certain rights are not always the same. Until 2013 I couldn't have gotten married even if I'd wanted to. And unlike you I actually care about other people, so the fact other gay people are discriminated against in life pisses me off.

Also, I strongly dislike being told I'm abnormal by twats on this forum. And will say so. Hating people who wrongly claim others are abnormal or undeserving of equality is hardly irrational. Your resentment toward all minority groups, however, is disgustingly irrational.

Incidentally, my angry posts are almost exclusively directed at homophobic cnuts. Which is why you never see my nicer side Wink  



you need a villain in your fairy tale elizel and come hell or high water, im it. It would never matter to you what my actual views on gay marriage are, much better to simply declare me a homophobe (even though my brother is gay) and proceed with your attacks.


you know I thought you'd said that before but couldnt be sure

so if your brother felt he was discriminated against for being gay would you support him taking action over that?

or would you tell him not to be so millitant?

gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??

Being directly impacted by prejudice have not having certain rights are not always the same. Until 2013 I couldn't have gotten married even if I'd wanted to. And unlike you I actually care about other people, so the fact other gay people are discriminated against in life pisses me off.

Also, I strongly dislike being told I'm abnormal by twats on this forum. And will say so. Hating people who wrongly claim others are abnormal or undeserving of equality is hardly irrational. Your resentment toward all minority groups, however, is disgustingly irrational.

Incidentally, my angry posts are almost exclusively directed at homophobic cnuts. Which is why you never see my nicer side Wink  

its 2017 so what rights do i have that are you denied??

you can marry in a church as can I if that is indeed what our wishes would be.

you can hold hands in public (if you have the courage) as can I.

do you realize that you have never once ASKED me what my views are?? you simply dictate to me what my views are and then judge me for it.

i assume that is more out of concern for maintaining the integrity of your narrative than out of interest in the truth, its easier to build up and then tear down a straw man than it is to do to an actual person, by doing that you avoid the risk of having to deal with what a person actually thinks

you need a villain in your fairy tale elizel and come hell or high water, im it. It would never matter to you what my actual views on gay marriage are, much better to simply declare me a homophobe (even though my brother is gay) and proceed with your attacks.

easier too on the ole conscience isnt it?? no need to examine your anger or your hatred, no need even to justify them to anyone, least of all yourself.

fuck everybody and everything that the lovely tolerant elizel condemns as homophobic, though not Muslims eh?? never the Muslims.

who will question lovely tolerant elizel?? only those who are homophobic and its always ok to punch a homophobe

must be nice have such a convenient set morals.


 


I can practically hear you seething from here Smile

1. I can't marry in any church, not that I'd want to.

2. It shouldn't require courage though should it? And I do anyway.

And you may not know this, but the world ACTUALLY exists outside the UK. Now, when you've calmed down from that little shocker, I'll point out that on many other countries gay people are not only not equal, but have reasons to be fearful. And once again, even in the UK some gay people ARE discriminated against and I actually do give a damn about those people. It's called empathy, smelly, you should try it.

And your opinion is clear. I know you have said you no longer oppose gay marriage, but you DID, and you have said it will never be a real marriage, you have referred to gays as freaks, you think a BnB is entitled to refuse gay people a bed. Do I have those posts to hand? No. But let's not pretend that isn't the truth. So I don't need you to tell me your views again, thanks.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:12 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

but by elizels own admission his rights have never been taken away

second paragraph

"Firstly, I have in no real way ever been subjected to prejudice for my sexuality..................."

why is is he filled with hatred towards people who have done him no harm??


you were suggesting that the rights of non gay people were being trampled on but now you're just back to what les said,,,,


this is the lovely and tolerant elizels persona rant thread is it not once again focused on his sexuality.

he does seem rather obsessed with his sexuality.

the first point is that elizel has never received any prejudice for his sexuality yet declares me to be an islamophobe, how is that possible?? either i have shown him prejudice or i haven't, by his own admission to never having experienced such prejudice he has cleared me in the bargain

so how am i the homophobe if he has never experienced any prejudice at my hands scratch

perhaps its my dangers thoughts and wrong opinions he refers to??

secondly the issue of the business. yes you are correct you cannot turn away gay,disabled or blacks etc purely on the basis of those characteristics, however if a black man wanted you to bake a kill all cops cake for a BLM party, you should be able to refuse, in light of the decision of the courts over the baker incident that is now not possible

do you know that the legendary peter tatchell supported the bakers?? he supported them AGAINST the LGBT hate mob, not because he understood the value of a persons rights but because he knew that it would open gay bakers to the same weakness.

he understood that if such a ruling was passed and in the event of something like a vote on gay marriage was held in the UK, a neo-nazi could deliberately go into a bakery owns by gays order a "vote no to gay marriage" cake and the baker would be forced to comply.

the B&B owners did not turn the gay couple away, only informed them that UNMARRIED couples could not share rooms, the B&B incident happened BEFORE gay marriage was legalized so the B&B owners could not have been denying them their legal rights in any event

none of those minor details matter though do they?? only the hysteria matters.

but in the world of the lovely and tolerant elizel, "FUCK THEM" is as far as his intellect will stretch, he is like the witch hunters of the inquisition, seeing witches everywhere, never once stopping to think things through

declaring all who disagree with his edicts to be homophobes and subject to his wrath

never once stopping to think "what would i do if the situation was reversed", i asked him that and he replied that like the woman in Australia he would not enjoy losing his employment for the views he expresses on here, followed immediately by "fuck her".

the lovely and tolerant elizel seems to be conflicted.



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

You seem awfully upset, smelly Smile

Furthermore, you've missed the point somewhat, either deliberately or because you're an idiot. Juries out.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

its 2017 so what rights do i have that are you denied??

you can marry in a church as can I if that is indeed what our wishes would be.

you can hold hands in public (if you have the courage) as can I.

do you realize that you have never once ASKED me what my views are?? you simply dictate to me what my views are and then judge me for it.

i assume that is more out of concern for maintaining the integrity of your narrative than out of interest in the truth, its easier to build up and then tear down a straw man than it is to do to an actual person, by doing that you avoid the risk of having to deal with what a person actually thinks

you need a villain in your fairy tale elizel and come hell or high water, im it. It would never matter to you what my actual views on gay marriage are, much better to simply declare me a homophobe (even though my brother is gay) and proceed with your attacks.

easier too on the ole conscience isnt it?? no need to examine your anger or your hatred, no need even to justify them to anyone, least of all yourself.

fuck everybody and everything that the lovely tolerant elizel condemns as homophobic, though not Muslims eh?? never the Muslims.

who will question lovely tolerant elizel?? only those who are homophobic and its always ok to punch a homophobe

must be nice have such a convenient set morals.


 


I can practically hear you seething from here Smile

1. I can't marry in any church, not that I'd want to.

2. It shouldn't require courage though should it? And I do anyway.

And you may not know this, but the world ACTUALLY exists outside the UK. Now, when you've calmed down from that little shocker, I'll point out that on many other countries gay people are not only not equal, but have reasons to be fearful. And once again, even in the UK some gay people ARE discriminated against and I actually do give a damn about those people. It's called empathy, smelly, you should try it.

And your opinion is clear. I know you have said you no longer oppose gay marriage, but you DID, and you have said it will never be a real marriage, you have referred to gays as freaks, you think a BnB is entitled to refuse gay people a bed. Do I have those posts to hand? No. But let's not pretend that isn't the truth. So I don't need you to tell me your views again, thanks.

1.straight couples cannot get civil partnerships but gay people can, how many striaght people have no interest in marriage and would prefer civil partnerships?? quite a few i imagine and yet they are denied that rights, not gay enough apparently

2. all new things take courage, when slavery was abolished do you think it took any less courage for those newly released slaves to walk down the street in public than it does for you to hold your partners hands in public?? in 2017 gay couples have more protection than those newly free slaves, any crime against a gay person is automatically heightened to the hate crime category, whereas poor ole smelly just gets the bog standard variety of crime.

i do care about gays being persecuted in the world, most notable in the Muslim world far more than you do it would seem, while youre busy here fight imaginary homophobia, i say imaginary because you have admitted to never having suffered prejudice, im pointing out the actions of the peace loving Muslims which include their favorite sport of "gay tossing" (off buildings) you're there jumping to their defense by calling me Islamophobic.

my opinions are clear are they?? while i suppose they have to be how else would you enjoy your guilt free victimhood? my opinions lovely tolerant elizel, are being edited and paraphrased by your good self,

i never said i opposed gay marriage only that i opposed forcing churches to conduct gay marriage against their beliefs, completely and totally unreasonably homophobic to want people to be able to choose, i know, but there it is.

i referred to gays as freaks?? i refer to a lot of people as freaks, do not be so quick to consider yourselves special in that regard

as for the B&B my opinions were based on the details of the case, details you willfully ignored, i cannot defend the things i havent said elizel, nor will i


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:You seem awfully upset, smelly Smile

Furthermore, you've missed the point somewhat, either deliberately or because you're an idiot. Juries out.

upset??

this isnt my personal rant thread.




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:


you were suggesting that the rights of non gay people were being trampled on but now you're just back to what les said,,,,



he does seem rather obsessed with his sexuality.

no, I think you'll find it's other people that are obsessed with his sexuality not him. He gets pissed off when people refer to him as sub-normal or that he and his partner should ''stay behind closed doors''. can you blame him?


however if a black man wanted you to bake a kill all cops cake for a BLM party, you should be able to refuse, in light of the decision of the courts over the baker incident that is now not possible

that is the most ridiculous comparison, smelly - incitement to kill is against the law whether it's on a cake, a placard or whatever,,,,


   

so about your brother,,,,,you gonna answer that one?

gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:40 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

its 2017 so what rights do i have that are you denied??

you can marry in a church as can I if that is indeed what our wishes would be.

you can hold hands in public (if you have the courage) as can I.

do you realize that you have never once ASKED me what my views are?? you simply dictate to me what my views are and then judge me for it.

i assume that is more out of concern for maintaining the integrity of your narrative than out of interest in the truth, its easier to build up and then tear down a straw man than it is to do to an actual person, by doing that you avoid the risk of having to deal with what a person actually thinks

you need a villain in your fairy tale elizel and come hell or high water, im it. It would never matter to you what my actual views on gay marriage are, much better to simply declare me a homophobe (even though my brother is gay) and proceed with your attacks.

easier too on the ole conscience isnt it?? no need to examine your anger or your hatred, no need even to justify them to anyone, least of all yourself.

fuck everybody and everything that the lovely tolerant elizel condemns as homophobic, though not Muslims eh?? never the Muslims.

who will question lovely tolerant elizel?? only those who are homophobic and its always ok to punch a homophobe

must be nice have such a convenient set morals.


 


I can practically hear you seething from here Smile

1. I can't marry in any church, not that I'd want to.

2. It shouldn't require courage though should it? And I do anyway.

And you may not know this, but the world ACTUALLY exists outside the UK. Now, when you've calmed down from that little shocker, I'll point out that on many other countries gay people are not only not equal, but have reasons to be fearful. And once again, even in the UK some gay people ARE discriminated against and I actually do give a damn about those people. It's called empathy, smelly, you should try it.

And your opinion is clear. I know you have said you no longer oppose gay marriage, but you DID, and you have said it will never be a real marriage, you have referred to gays as freaks, you think a BnB is entitled to refuse gay people a bed. Do I have those posts to hand? No. But let's not pretend that isn't the truth. So I don't need you to tell me your views again, thanks.

1.straight couples cannot get civil partnerships but gay people can, how many striaght people have no interest in marriage and would prefer civil partnerships?? quite a few i imagine and yet they are denied that rights, not gay enough apparently

2. all new things take courage, when slavery was abolished do you think it took any less courage for those newly released slaves to walk down the street in public than it does for you to hold your partners hands in public?? in 2017 gay couples have more protection than those newly free slaves, any crime against a gay person is automatically heightened to the hate crime category, whereas poor ole smelly just gets the bog standard variety of crime.
 
i do care about gays being persecuted in the world, most notable in the Muslim world far more than you do it would seem, while youre busy here fight imaginary homophobia, i say imaginary because you have admitted to never having suffered prejudice, im pointing out the actions of the peace loving Muslims which include their favorite sport of "gay tossing" (off buildings) you're there jumping to their defense by calling me Islamophobic.

my opinions are clear are they?? while i suppose they have to be how else would you enjoy your guilt free victimhood? my opinions lovely tolerant elizel, are being edited and paraphrased by your good self,

i never said i opposed gay marriage only that i opposed forcing churches to conduct gay marriage against their beliefs, completely and totally unreasonably homophobic to want people to be able to choose, i know, but there it is.

i referred to gays as freaks?? i refer to a lot of people as freaks, do not be so quick to consider yourselves special in that regard

as for the B&B my opinions were based on the details of the case, details you willfully ignored, i cannot defend the things i havent said elizel, nor will i  


1. I don't know why straight people can't have CPs, they should imo.

2. Don't be an idiot, it is always heightened to a hate crime.

You seem to care far more that it's Muslims doing it. But then everything comes to that with you. I do not single out countries or peoples, and am opposed to countries like Saudi and Iran most of all.

I note you don't deny not considering it real marriage. You have explicitly referred to gay people as freaks and you're lying about gay marriage for whatever reason, but since you won't admit it there's no point pursuing it.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:You seem awfully upset, smelly Smile

Furthermore, you've missed the point somewhat, either deliberately or because you're an idiot. Juries out.

upset??

this isnt my personal rant thread.




I admit I posted this not so much in anger but mild irritation. It opens a lively debate. Of course, I post a lot, and it isn't all angry. When was the last post you made that wasn't angry, provocative or a wind up?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:


he does seem rather obsessed with his sexuality.

no,  I think you'll find it's other people that are obsessed with his sexuality not him.  He gets pissed off when people refer to him as sub-normal or that he and his partner should ''stay behind closed doors''.  can you blame him?


however if a black man wanted you to bake a kill all cops cake for a BLM party, you should be able to refuse, in light of the decision of the courts over the baker incident that is now not possible

that is the most ridiculous comparison, smelly - incitement to kill is against the law whether it's on a cake, a placard or whatever,,,,


   

so about your brother,,,,,you gonna answer that one?

no gelico, he is obsessed with his sexuality, i would like nothing more than for him to just get on with his life, personally?? i think he is getting pissed that gays are no longer the center of attention, they won the right to marry everything else is falling into place for their community, whats left to fight for??

so he keeps reminding everyone he is gay, "hey look at me im gay but dont look at me or treat me any differently"

yeah ok scratch

and who gives a fuck if someone calls you abnormal?? does it really matter?? either my skin is like rhinohide or his is really thin skinned, i cant decide.

do you think i give a toss about him constantly calling me a homophobe??

no i dont, because i know its not true.

what about my brother??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:


he does seem rather obsessed with his sexuality.

no,  I think you'll find it's other people that are obsessed with his sexuality not him.  He gets pissed off when people refer to him as sub-normal or that he and his partner should ''stay behind closed doors''.  can you blame him?


however if a black man wanted you to bake a kill all cops cake for a BLM party, you should be able to refuse, in light of the decision of the courts over the baker incident that is now not possible

that is the most ridiculous comparison, smelly - incitement to kill is against the law whether it's on a cake, a placard or whatever,,,,


   

so about your brother,,,,,you gonna answer that one?

no gelico, he is obsessed with his sexuality, i would like nothing more than for him to just get on with his life, personally?? i think he is getting pissed that gays are no longer the center of attention, they won the right to marry everything else is falling into place for their community, whats left to fight for??

so he keeps reminding everyone he is gay, "hey look at me im gay but dont look at me or treat me any differently"

yeah ok  scratch

and who gives a fuck if someone calls you abnormal?? does it really matter?? either my skin is like rhinohide or his is really thin skinned, i cant decide.

do you think i give a toss about him constantly calling me a homophobe??

no i dont, because i know its not true.

what about my brother??


This is a discussion forum in case it escaped your attention.

Gelico is right, if someone is openly calling me subhuman and telling me I'm unnatural and shouldn't be allowed to marry or have kids then of course I'm going to respond. It would be a shitty forum if we just let stuff like that slide unchallenged. Likewise, if I'm told to respect those views, I'm happy to go to lengths to explain why actually I don't. Understand?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by gelico on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
gelico wrote:

so about your brother,,,,,you gonna answer that one?

no gelico, he is obsessed with his sexuality, i would like nothing more than for him to just get on with his life, personally?? i think he is getting pissed that gays are no longer the center of attention, they won the right to marry everything else is falling into place for their community, whats left to fight for??

so he keeps reminding everyone he is gay, "hey look at me im gay but dont look at me or treat me any differently"

yeah ok  scratch

and who gives a fuck if someone calls you abnormal?? does it really matter?? either my skin is like rhinohide or his is really thin skinned, i cant decide.

do you think i give a toss about him constantly calling me a homophobe??

no i dont, because i know its not true.

what about my brother??


i said that if your brother found himself discriminated against in some way or attacked (even if only verbally) because of him being gay, would you support him in taking action or would you tell him to get over himself?

gelico

Posts : 1405
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

upset??

this isnt my personal rant thread.




I admit I posted this not so much in anger but mild irritation. It opens a lively debate. Of course, I post a lot, and it isn't all angry. When was the last post you made that wasn't angry, provocative or a wind up?

when was the last time anything good happened in the world??

in case you haven't been keeping up with current events we live in a shit hole of a world that's bordering on killing itself, not much good going on is there??

and you're wrong, im not angry, you dont have the capacity to make me angry, nothing you or anyone on this forum has said has an impact on my day to day life, so why do you think i would care??

if you need me to be angry then thats what you will do, thats what you will see, but im not like you, i dont care if someone calls me a nazi or a homophobe, it doesn't ruin my day or stay in my thoughts

maybe you should take a page out of my book??



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

no gelico, he is obsessed with his sexuality, i would like nothing more than for him to just get on with his life, personally?? i think he is getting pissed that gays are no longer the center of attention, they won the right to marry everything else is falling into place for their community, whats left to fight for??

so he keeps reminding everyone he is gay, "hey look at me im gay but dont look at me or treat me any differently"

yeah ok  scratch

and who gives a fuck if someone calls you abnormal?? does it really matter?? either my skin is like rhinohide or his is really thin skinned, i cant decide.

do you think i give a toss about him constantly calling me a homophobe??

no i dont, because i know its not true.

what about my brother??


i said that if your brother found himself discriminated against in some way or attacked (even if only verbally) because of him being gay, would you support him in taking action or would you tell him to get over himself?

yeah that happened on a daily basis in south Africa,but he was the big brother so he was protecting both of us most of the time.

now?? well i wouldn't need to protect him verbally, certainly not over his sexuality, after the life he endured, a life that unlike elizels, was FULL of prejudice for him being gay, he is battle hardened against against being called any mean names, any attempt by me to protect him from mean opinions would be an insult to him

would i protect him from physical attack?? yes of course if i could, he is my brother after all, wouldn't you protect a family member from attack if you could??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S OK TO BE.

smelly-bandit

Posts : 4303
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Eilzel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

upset??

this isnt my personal rant thread.




I admit I posted this not so much in anger but mild irritation. It opens a lively debate. Of course, I post a lot, and it isn't all angry. When was the last post you made that wasn't angry, provocative or a wind up?

when was the last time anything good happened in the world??

in case you haven't been keeping up with current events we live in a shit hole of a world that's bordering on killing itself, not much good going on is there??

and you're wrong, im not angry, you dont have the capacity to make me angry, nothing you or anyone on this forum has said has an impact on my day to day life, so why do you think i would care??

if you need me to be angry then thats what you will do, thats what you will see, but im not like you, i dont care if someone calls me a nazi or a homophobe, it doesn't ruin my day or stay in my thoughts

maybe you should take a page out of my book??



I never said we made you angry, you are just angry in general. It comes through in every post you make.

And nothing good? Seriously? I didn't vote for Brexit, May and I can't stand Trump. Every political decision in 2 years has gone your way and you still aren't happy. That's the difference smelly, I am pretty optimistic about life in general, I post about gay issues here because here and in the news are the only places I encounter homophobia. Life is great.

You on the other hand are perpetual misery.

Don't you travel on holidays? Don't you enjoy the arts or sport or music? Don't you enjoy learning and finding out new things? Aren't you grateful to live in a relatively wealthy and secure country? Aren't you happy to live in a country where people are treated relatively equally? Don't you enjoy the gorgeous places of England?

Why are you never just happy about anything? And if you are, why is it all you ever do on forums is bitch and moan?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6218
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Original Quill on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:brilliant post les, shame that this is not obvious to everybody



I openly admit gays have more self control than me, I'm not gay and find it very hard to even pretend to respect the views of racists and homophobes.



Haha it's an eternal struggle veya. Every time a gay person suggests they are even slightly peeved at people questioning their rights, we are cast as militants by screaming RW nutjobs...

^Dibs- you suggest there is a reasonable reaon to oppose gay marriage that I should respect, well go ahead I'm listening.

It's the same with blacks and Hispanics.  White supremacists scream if you don't stand during the national anthem, but when they were called upon to go to war, they scurried around to find draft deferments.

Hell, even Chelsea Manning shouldered a weapon and shipped out.  Ummm...let's see, what did Trump do?  scratch

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23689
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Rant

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum