Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

A number of Conservative MPs have criticised Jacob Rees-Mogg's views on abortion, some expressing vehement disagreement while others have gently espoused their more liberal stances.

On Wednesday, Mr Rees-Mogg, who is tipped to one day take over from Theresa May and become Tory leader, said he disagreed with abortion in every circumstance, including in cases of incest and rape. He also said that because he is a Catholic, he disagrees with same-sex marriage.

Margot James MP said: "Agree with @TimesOpinion about Jacob R-M who I like very much; but his views on pregnant women are utterly abhorrent"


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/07/tory-mps-line-disagree-jacob-rees-moggs-utterly-abhorrent-views/


Religious beliefs again, at the forefront of idiocy.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

No one is disputing his right to hold the view he does, even though its a ridiculous one.
No one is saying he shouldn't give an honest reply when he is asked a question....good on him for that.
He is imo wrong and hypocritical for continuing to gain financially from a drug that he knows is widely used to trigger abortions.
He says he doesn't like it.....well then he shouldn't do it.


He says he doesn't like the way that this particular drug is sometimes used... which is not the intended purpose of the drug, but a side effect of it...

So he should disconnect himself from it and the profits he makes from it.
If not he is a hypocrite.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

No one is disputing his right to hold the view he does, even though its a ridiculous one.
No one is saying he shouldn't give an honest reply when he is asked a question....good on him for that.
He is imo wrong and hypocritical for continuing to gain financially from a drug that he knows is widely used to trigger abortions.
He says he doesn't like it.....well then he shouldn't do it.


He says he doesn't like the way that this particular drug is sometimes used... which is not the intended purpose of the drug, but a side effect of it...


It's not just an ordinary side effect though, it's a side effect which was made use of to add to the purpose of the drug.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29436
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 pm


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19303
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:48 am

HORRIBLE: Mother Wishes She Aborted Son, Hopes He Dies In His Sleep

In this dystopian feminist wasteland where marriage is a patriarchal conspiracy of enslavement and children are a "choice" that can be snuffed out of existence, none of us should be in the least bit shocked (we should even expect) to hear about stories like one mother who openly wishes she aborted her son and hopes he dies in his sleep.

According to LifeNews, this "mother" who clearly hates her son, shared her story anonymously on Reddit under the name "dislikemythird." In her post, which was eventually deleted by moderators, the mother, reportedly British, said that she wishes her son died in his sleep because she did not abort him and has no idea what to do now. Since therapy has not helped her, she thought the wisdom circulating on Reddit might help her. The "mother" did admit that her pregnancy was "unplanned" and that she did not want to deal with a third child, seeing that she and her husband were already happy with their two daughters.

“I feel terrible saying this, but I found myself willing this pregnancy to have a serious problem, because that’s the exception for an abortion,” she said. “But it was healthy. I had to fake happiness getting the ‘congratulations’ result. I felt ‘cornered’ into having the baby because I felt we couldn’t really have two babies and then ‘give one away’, and I didn’t know how to explain it to my kids who were old enough to understand I was pregnant.”

She also blames her son for her not having her desired career, having lost her job after getting pregnant. Now she hates her new job.

“I honestly hated him for the first 18 months of his life,” the woman wrote. “I don’t want to be insensitive to anyone who has suffered a loss in this way, but I have to be honest, my husband and I both had a period where if he had of died in his sleep, we would have felt relief.

“I sobbed. I wished more than anything I realized I was pregnant earlier and could have had the abortion I wanted,” she wrote.

This sociopath of a human being even spoke about feeling no love for her son to the point that she does not hug him unless he asks for it and enjoys every moment she spends with her daughters away from him.

“I feel like I love and care for my daughters because I genuinely love them, and I look after my son because it is my obligation to do so,” she wrote. “When he wants to talk to me, I’m not really interested, but I am when my daughters talk to me. When he comes and hugs me, I feel….nothing, but I feel happy and loved when my daughters do it. ... We basically all wish he wasn’t born.”

Neither the two therapists she has seen nor her own soul-searching has changed her feelings. She wants her feelings to go away, but has no idea how to make herself feel otherwise. If that's not bad enough, several other commenters on Reddit expressed that they had been in similar circumstances

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21865/horrible-mother-wishes-she-aborted-son-hopes-he-paul-bois?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3570
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Syl on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm

She could have untreated postnatal depression.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Syl wrote:She could have untreated postnatal depression.

Or she could just be a cnut

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3570
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Syl on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:26 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:She could have untreated postnatal depression.

Or she could just be a cnut

True, there are plenty of them about.

What was your point in that post btw?
I would have thought an early abortion in her case would have been the best solution all round.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Syl wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Or she could just be a cnut

True, there are plenty of them about.

What was your point in that post btw?
I would have thought an early abortion in her case would have been the best solution all round.

Or just take responsibility for her life and use birth control

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief.”

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

IT'S NOT OK TO BE WHITE.
avatar
smelly-bandit
He Thinks He's an Attack Helicopter. Just Go With It

Posts : 3570
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Syl on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

True, there are plenty of them about.

What was your point in that post btw?
I would have thought an early abortion in her case would have been the best solution all round.

Or just take responsibility for her life and use birth control

Obviously that is the sensible option, but even birth control doesn't always work.
Its too late to preach about birth control after a woman has been impregnated though.

That's like telling someone to watch where they are walking after a car has hit them.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory MPs line up to disagree with Jacob Rees-Mogg's 'utterly abhorrent' views on abortion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum