U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Go down

U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 pm

United Nations war-crimes investigators have found the most conclusive evidence to date on chemical-weapons attacks in Syria, announcing in a new report that at least 33 uses of such weapons have been documented so far in the war-torn country. Twenty-seven of those attacks were perpetrated by forces representing the government of President Bashar al-Assad, according to the report. At least 83 people were killed in the April sarin-gas attack on Khan Sheikhoun, and most of those victims were women and children, according to the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on Syria. The findings declare that the attack was, in fact, a war crime.


READ IT AT REUTERS

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Original Quill on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 pm

What is "the most conclusive evidence to date?" Can they share it?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23035
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:What is "the most conclusive evidence to date?"  Can they share it?

Sorry did you claim you worked in the field of law?

Do they make public any evidence before anyone has been charged or before a war crime criminal case?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Waffle...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20050
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Waffle...




Put the kettle on, if you are making tea then Tommy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 am

Syria's army said Israeli air strikes on Thursday killed two people at a military facility in the country's west, a zone where the regime has been accused of developing chemical weapons. The army statement said it took place near the town of Masyaf and warned against the "dangerous repercussions of this aggressive action to the security and stability of the region".

An Israeli army spokeswoman earlier declined to discuss reports of a strike in Syria, saying the army does not comment on operational matters. Israeli officials have in the past admitted that Israel has attacked weapons shipments bound for Lebanon's Iran-backed Hezbollah group, an ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, without specifying which ones. Amos Yadlin, a former head of Israeli military intelligence, tweeted that the reported attack was not routine and targeted a Syrian military scientific centre.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/07/israeli-jets-hit-chemical-weapons-site-syria/



Only Israel has the balls to do what is right.

They did it before when they daringly took out the Syrian Nuclear  reactor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Orchard

Can anyone imagine a nuclear weapon in the hands of Assad, where he has already used chemical weapons numerous times against civilians?

They took out the nuclear facility in Iraq, through yet another daring raid. The world publicly condemned Israel, but behind closed doors, the world sighed a huge relief, including more than anyone Iran. Though the later would never admit it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera

Can anyone imagine a Nuke in the hands of Saddam, who also used chemical weapons against the Kurds, Iranians etc?

Like I say, at least Israel, does what is needed to be done. In order to save lives in the short and long term for people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Original Quill on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:What is "the most conclusive evidence to date?"  Can they share it?

Sorry did you claim you worked in the field of law?

Do they make public any evidence before anyone has been charged or before a war crime criminal case?

So it is yet to be proven. In that case it's a non-story.

Let's wait until they show up.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23035
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Sorry did you claim you worked in the field of law?

Do they make public any evidence before anyone has been charged or before a war crime criminal case?

So it is yet to be proven.  In that case it's a non-story.

Let's wait until they show up.


Its hardly a non-story when people have died from chemical attacks and that now they have the evidence to prove this. What on earth do you think a criminal investigation is dear chap? The difficulty will be on how to charge and convict Assad with these crimes. Not on the fact they now know chemical weapons were used by his forces. This is not the first time such evidence has been proven with Assad forces using chemical weapons.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Original Quill on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Patience, didge. We all know they are looking into it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Your piece announces something that cannot be released. So be it. It's not a story yet.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 23035
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:Patience, didge.  We all know they are looking into it.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  

Your piece announces something that cannot be released.  So be it.  It's not a story yet.


Oh dear.

And you claim to be an expert in law.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/IICISyria/Pages/IndependentInternationalCommission.aspx

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: U.N.: There Have Been 33 Uses of Chemical Weapons in Syria

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum