Parents Urged To Talk To Kids About Level Crossings After Shocking Footage Released By Network Rail

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parents Urged To Talk To Kids About Level Crossings After Shocking Footage Released By Network Rail

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am

Parents are being urged to talk to their children about level crossings after Network Rail have noticed a number of incidents of deliberate misuse. The train company said there have been incidents at the Cotton Mill level crossing between St Albans Abbey and Watford Junction. During nine days of monitoring in 2017, four near misses with trains were recorded and there were over 300 occurences of “deliberate misuse”.

Network Rail released shocking footage of children “risking their lives” on the level crossing. It is hoped that parents who see the footage will speak to their children about level crossing safety before they return to school.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/network-rail-level-crossings_uk_59a7d75ee4b010ca289a6488?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents Urged To Talk To Kids About Level Crossings After Shocking Footage Released By Network Rail

Post by Original Quill on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 pm

We used to do that on the Redding line, just north of Philadelphia. As the train approached we would wait on the tracks, and first one to jump loses. Or you run across as near to the approaching train as possible.

Watching the clip, donno what the challenge is for those kids...they're just hanging out.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parents Urged To Talk To Kids About Level Crossings After Shocking Footage Released By Network Rail

Post by eddie on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Some people are just born fucking stupid.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm

Razz We did some crazy things. So did my dad.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:Razz   We did some crazy things.  So did my dad.

Hahaha that wasn't aimed at you Quill, but it is a pretty stupid thing to do. Your poor mother...if she'd known what you were up to.... No

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm

Her philosophy was Cull the herd.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Kids eh. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top