Ant McPartlin speaks about his recovery: 'I was necking tramadol to the point of psychosis'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ant McPartlin speaks about his recovery: 'I was necking tramadol to the point of psychosis'

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Award-winning TV presenter Ant McPartlin has spoken about his addiction to prescription painkillers after spending two months in rehab.

McPartlin, half of presenting duo Ant and Dec with childhood friend Declan Donnolley, was admitted to rehab in June after a knee operation left him reliant on a cocktail of painkillers. He pleaded with his wife, make-up artist Lisa Armstrong, to take him to hospital after a night bingeing on tramadol, morphine and alcohol.

McPartlin has also said that he was clinically depressed for a year but never told anybody until "the very end".

McPartlin told The Sun on Sunday that his addiction to painkillers worsened during 2016 but reached its peak earlier this year when he used a cocktail of drugs to help him through his presenting duties, including a dance routine with Take That on Saturday Night Takeaway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/08/13/ant-mcpartlin-speaks-recovery-necking-tramadol-point-psychosis/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ant McPartlin speaks about his recovery: 'I was necking tramadol to the point of psychosis'

Post by nicko on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 pm

I'v been taking Tramadol for years, only thing that helps pain besides Morphine. Tried to come off 'em once or twice, wanted to commit suicide.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ant McPartlin speaks about his recovery: 'I was necking tramadol to the point of psychosis'

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:30 pm

nicko wrote:I'v been taking Tramadol for years,  only thing that helps pain besides Morphine. Tried to come off 'em once or twice,  wanted to commit suicide.

Blimey Nicko, is the pain that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:35 pm

nicko wrote:I'v been taking Tramadol for years,  only thing that helps pain besides Morphine. Tried to come off 'em once or twice,  wanted to commit suicide.

I know someone who takes it and he thinks he's addicted now. What do you do though if it's the only thing that works?

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top