Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/family-convicted-of-keeping-at-least-18-victims-as-slaves-for-up-to-26-years/ar-AApSR3S?ocid=spartandhp

"Members of an extended family have been convicted of running a modern slavery ring which kept one of its captives in "truly shocking" conditions for decades.
Vulnerable people were forced to work for the family for little or no wages, while their pay-masters lived a life of lavish luxury.
The 11 gang-members, convicted of fraud and slavery charges, enjoyed holidays to Barbados and cosmetic surgery and even shelled out on a Manchester United soccer school, earned off the backs of their workers.
Operating from sites in Lincolnshire, they targeted victims who were homeless, had learning disabilities or complex drug and alcohol issues.
The men, aged 18 to 63, were freed after raids by Lincolnshire Police and the National Crime Agency, carried out in 2014.
One of the victims was found to have been working for the family for 26 years.
Some of the gang also targeted four elderly home-owners, getting them to sign over properties into their names and selling three on for profit - one for £250,000.
One of the householders ended up dying without his family knowing. It was only when contacted by police they discovered they had missed his funeral.
After four trials resulting in convictions, the full scale of the offending can now finally be revealed after a ruling at Nottingham Crown Court on Friday."




How can this happen in the UK in this day and age?

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Oh, I thought you meant people who work and get paid the national living wage.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28547
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Thorin on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Modern slavery and human trafficking in the UK is much more prevalent than previously thought, with cases affecting "every large town and city in the country", the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.

The body is currently assisting on 300 live police operations targeting modern slavery, with alleged victims as young as 12 being sold to families in the UK from Europe.

It has asked the public to look out for victims by noticing visible injuries and signs that they are being controlled.

Will Kerr, NCA director of vulnerabilities, said: "The more that we look for modern slavery, the more we find evidence of the widespread abuse of the vulnerable.

"The growing body of evidence we are collecting points to the scale being far larger than anyone previously thought.

"This should not be acceptable in any way, shape or form."

Mr Kerr's comments come as the NCA launches an advertising campaign raising awareness of the signs of modern slavery in everyday life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/10/modern-slavery-victims-every-large-town-city-uk/

_________________
At this point I do not know what is worse.
A person who is full of envy spreading rumours and lies.
Or the people with not enough education or common sense who believe them.
avatar
Thorin

Posts : 10322
Join date : 2017-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, I thought you meant people who work and get paid  the national living wage.

Lol.....some don't even get that...and as shown some get nothing at all.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Thorin wrote:Modern slavery and human trafficking in the UK is much more prevalent than previously thought, with cases affecting "every large town and city in the country", the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.

The body is currently assisting on 300 live police operations targeting modern slavery, with alleged victims as young as 12 being sold to families in the UK from Europe.

It has asked the public to look out for victims by noticing visible injuries and signs that they are being controlled.

Will Kerr, NCA director of vulnerabilities, said: "The more that we look for modern slavery, the more we find evidence of the widespread abuse of the vulnerable.

"The growing body of evidence we are collecting points to the scale being far larger than anyone previously thought.

"This should not be acceptable in any way, shape or form."

Mr Kerr's comments come as the NCA launches an advertising campaign raising awareness of the signs of modern slavery in everyday life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/10/modern-slavery-victims-every-large-town-city-uk/

Modern slavery and human trafficking in the UK is much more prevalent than previously thought, with cases affecting "every large town and city in the country", the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.



That's a horrible thought to realise we could all be living near someone who is treated like a slave.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:19 pm



If they as reported spent their money on cosmetic surgeries.....they were done.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by magica on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 pm

I detest slavery. It's been going on for years in other countries and here too. It must be stamped out otherwise we haven't learned anything since the slave trade a few hundred years ago.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Some of the people in recent years who have been charged with slavery have lived in ordinary  streets, with next door neighbours, who either don't know or don't care what's happening a few feet away from them.
How can people be so unaware?

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, I thought you meant people who work and get paid  the national living wage.

lol!

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 pm

If this was slavery in another country by another race I bet people would be up in arms about it.
Slavery in this country, when it happens under your noses, doesn't seem to have the same impact.
Very odd.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by magica on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm

I agree Syl. Slavery no matter what colour you are is repugnant.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:Modern slavery and human trafficking in the UK is much more prevalent than previously thought, with cases affecting "every large town and city in the country", the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.

The body is currently assisting on 300 live police operations targeting modern slavery, with alleged victims as young as 12 being sold to families in the UK from Europe.

It has asked the public to look out for victims by noticing visible injuries and signs that they are being controlled.

Will Kerr, NCA director of vulnerabilities, said: "The more that we look for modern slavery, the more we find evidence of the widespread abuse of the vulnerable.

"The growing body of evidence we are collecting points to the scale being far larger than anyone previously thought.

"This should not be acceptable in any way, shape or form."

Mr Kerr's comments come as the NCA launches an advertising campaign raising awareness of the signs of modern slavery in everyday life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/10/modern-slavery-victims-every-large-town-city-uk/

Modern slavery and human trafficking in the UK is much more prevalent than previously thought, with cases affecting "every large town and city in the country", the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.



That's a horrible thought to realise we could all be living near someone who is treated like a slave.

If you live near a Pikey (traveller) site, the chances of being close to present day slavery is pretty high; it's been going on for some years in a number of areas, notably north of London, where the so-called "extended families" (everyone is called Smith or some such name, which doesn't exactly help the police with their investigations into criminal activities) who run such communities quickly cottoned on to the opportunities presented by illegal immigration.

Note to political correctness zealots: The word Pikey (colloquial language, particularly in some rural areas since medieval times) is not offensive, in spite of attempts by some to claim it to be a "racist" term - usually lawyers representing Travellers charged with criminal offences.

It dates back hundreds of years and is simply a diminutive of the old word "pikeman", meaning an itinerant tradesman or artisan who travelled the pikes and turnpikes (toll roads) offering their services as scissor and knife grinders, tinkers, roofers or seasonal farm workers...that sort of thing.

Modern Travellers, who are frequently from the Republic of Ireland, seek work such as tarmac laying and crop picking on the British mainland in a similar manner, are most definitely not a race. That claim can only be made by true Gypsies, who historically are Roma, a few of whom still travel and live in their traditional barrel-shaped caravans and usually do nothing more criminal than poach a few rabbits and illegally graze their horses.

We occasionally get a few of them in my own area. The women still sell lace and "lucky" heather while the men usually collect scrap metal or do any odd-job on offer.

They are part of rural life and I would be saddened to see them die out.



avatar
Fred Moletrousers

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

These were travellers, commonly known in some parts as scrounging thieves, and now worse.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Another recent case of slavery in the news has been the story of the 20 year old Chloe Ayling, a glamour model  who was tricked to go to Italy for a photo shoot.
She was kidnapped and told she would be sold to the highest bidder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/glamour-model-chloe-ayling-says-paralysed-fear-kidnap-ordeal/

"Miss Ayling was put in a bag in the boot of a car by kidnappers who then tried to to sell her as a sex slave in an online auction. 

She says it was the "worst day of her life" when her captors told her they were  part of an online organisation called ‘Black Death’ and threatened to sell her on the ‘deep web’ if her agent failed to pay a ransom of $300,000 (£270,000).
"I was in shock. That will always be the worst day of my life," she said.


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 pm

It was immediately after the story about Chloe Ayling came to light that the National Crime Agency revealed that "modern slavery and human trafficking affects every large town and city in Britain".

There are currently more than 300 police operations targeting such crimes, with victims as young as 12 years old being sold to families in the UK.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:22 pm

I've just watched a film about this sort of thing. I don't think it was a true story, but it was about two girls who were drugged and kidnapped to be sold.

What happens after someone buys them anyway? Are they kept locked up or what? What happens to the people who buy them if they're caught?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28547
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by nicko on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Publicity has worked well for her hasn't it? Con merchant ! Rolling Eyes
avatar
nicko

Posts : 7885
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 pm

nicko wrote:Publicity has worked well for her hasn't it?       Con merchant  ! Rolling Eyes

You think her story was false? I'm off to do some research.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 28547
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I've just watched a film about this sort of thing. I don't think it was a true story, but it was about two girls who were drugged and kidnapped to be sold.

What happens after someone buys them anyway? Are they kept locked up or what? What happens to the people who buy them if they're caught?

They are prostituted out in many cases, drugged up till they have no will of their own. I have read they are also moved around a lot.
We will see what happens to the man who was in on the plot to kidnap the glamour model, though from what I have read he was just an underdog doing the bidding of some creepy online organisation called the BLACK DEATH that deals in kidnapping and slavery.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:32 pm

nicko wrote:Publicity has worked well for her hasn't it?       Con merchant  ! Rolling Eyes

Why Nicko, because she is a glamour model and seems to be milking it now?

I believe her, I don't think she's wise to be basking in the spotlight at this time, because it will have obviously affected her mentally....even if she doesn't know it yet.
She probably craved for media attention before, and now she has got it she is making the most of it, but I think she is being very badly managed.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by magica on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Syl wrote:Another recent case of slavery in the news has been the story of the 20 year old Chloe Ayling, a glamour model  who was tricked to go to Italy for a photo shoot.
She was kidnapped and told she would be sold to the highest bidder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/glamour-model-chloe-ayling-says-paralysed-fear-kidnap-ordeal/

"Miss Ayling was put in a bag in the boot of a car by kidnappers who then tried to to sell her as a sex slave in an online auction. 

She says it was the "worst day of her life" when her captors told her they were  part of an online organisation called ‘Black Death’ and threatened to sell her on the ‘deep web’ if her agent failed to pay a ransom of $300,000 (£270,000).
"I was in shock. That will always be the worst day of my life," she said.


I don't believe this. I once saw a film and read a book where girls were.put in the middle and men fought each other over money they were going to spend to buy her.

This smacks of this. Also she shared a bed, went shopping, not once trying to runaway or get help. When reporters turned up at her house she posed in very short shorts, didn't look traumatised at all.

Bet its a scam to get her 15 mins of fame. Also she's got a baby, hasn't bothered to see it since she got back.

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, I thought you meant people who work and get paid  the national living wage.

Hahahahahaha very good rags.

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:Another recent case of slavery in the news has been the story of the 20 year old Chloe Ayling, a glamour model  who was tricked to go to Italy for a photo shoot.
She was kidnapped and told she would be sold to the highest bidder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/glamour-model-chloe-ayling-says-paralysed-fear-kidnap-ordeal/

"Miss Ayling was put in a bag in the boot of a car by kidnappers who then tried to to sell her as a sex slave in an online auction. 

She says it was the "worst day of her life" when her captors told her they were  part of an online organisation called ‘Black Death’ and threatened to sell her on the ‘deep web’ if her agent failed to pay a ransom of $300,000 (£270,000).
"I was in shock. That will always be the worst day of my life," she said.


I don't believe this.  I once saw a film and read a book where girls were.put in the middle and men fought each other over money they were going to spend to buy her.

This smacks of this. Also she shared a bed, went shopping, not once trying to runaway or get help. When reporters turned up at her house she posed in very short shorts, didn't look traumatised at all.

Bet its a scam to get her 15 mins of fame. Also she's got a baby, hasn't bothered to see it since she got back.

This isn't a film though Mags, its real life.
Both the Italian and the British police believe her.
There is such a gang called Black Death that operate online, they have been investigated before and have put young girls up for auction.
Chloe's kidnapper has confessed and supports what the girl has said.
And there is such a thing called the 'Stockholm syndrome' where people who are kidnapped form a close bond with their kidnapper.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:18 pm

I admit to not reading about this but how long was she kidnapped for?

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 pm

eddie wrote:I admit to not reading about this but how long was she kidnapped for?

6days.

This is a quick account of what she says happened to her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/chloe-ayling-british-model-drugged-kidnapped-italy/


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I admit to not reading about this but how long was she kidnapped for?

6days.

This is a quick account of what she says happened to her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/chloe-ayling-british-model-drugged-kidnapped-italy/


Okay I don't think she suffered Stockholm Syndrine after six days, I've had train rides longer than that Rolling Eyes

Actually someone up there in one of their posts mentioned she was all a bit posey for the camera. I had my Tv on mute and didn't realise she'd been a victim of kidnapping when she was on the news.

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Even in six days you can form a bond with someone you previously feared if you are cooped up with them 24/7....don't you watch CBB? Razz

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by magica on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Sorry Syl I think its all been staged. She is posing all the time. Didn't look stressed by it all

_________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't walk behind I may not lead
Don't walk in front I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
avatar
magica

Posts : 1440
Join date : 2016-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm

magica wrote:Sorry Syl I think its all been staged. She is posing all the time.  Didn't  look stressed by it all

No problem, I think in all the people I have spoken to about this I am the only one who believes her...time will tell.

I just think if she had a face like the back of a bus and sat in a corner crying no one would doubt her.
She is milking it....but that doesn't make her a liar imo.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Syl wrote:Even in six days you can form a bond with someone you previously feared if you are cooped up with them 24/7....don't you watch CBB? Razz

No!

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Sorry Syl I think its all been staged. She is posing all the time.  Didn't  look stressed by it all

No problem, I think in all the people I have spoken to about this I am the only one who believes her...time will tell.

I just think if she had a face like the back of a bus and sat in a corner crying no one would doubt her.
She is milking it....but that doesn't make her a liar imo.

I don't think she's genuine either. Something feels wrong about someone who poses and postures after such an ordeal.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 5893
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I had my TV on mute and I'm telling you, I had no idea I was looking at a kidnap victim.
Perhaps she's just a very hardy type?

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm

The way i think is she is probably one of these girls who's ambition has always been to be famous, nowadays, with all the reality TV shows and internet 5 minute wonders, that seems to be what some see as the pinnacle of success....to get your face on TV.
So she had the looks and became a glamour model.
Unfortunately she was tricked, went through the ordeal she claims, then realised this was her opportunity to get famous....so she is grabbing it with both hands.

Obviously she is being expoited, but she is making the most of her 5 minutes.

I believe the full impact of what happened to her hasnt hit home yet.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by gelico on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Sorry Syl I think its all been staged. She is posing all the time.  Didn't  look stressed by it all

No problem, I think in all the people I have spoken to about this I am the only one who believes her...time will tell.

I just think if she had a face like the back of a bus and sat in a corner crying no one would doubt her.
She is milking it....but that doesn't make her a liar imo.



she clearly wasn't lying about it,,,,

''Lukasz Pawel Herba, 30, a Polish national who lives in the UK, has been arrested by police and confessed to the kidnapping which investigators described as an elaborate plot that involved months of planning.

His home in Oldbury, in the West Midlands, has been raided by British officers.

It was reported last night that Milan magistrate Dr Giovanna Campanile had ruled Mr Herba was "highly dangerous to society" and should remain in custody ahead of his trial later this year.

There is grave evidence of the guilt of the arrested person, who has admitted to the Public Prosecutor that he was involved in the kidnap," he said.

It is claimed Mr Herba has also implicated nine men in the plot, three from Birmingham, but has made no mention of Miss Ayling.''

gelico

Posts : 115
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:47 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

No problem, I think in all the people I have spoken to about this I am the only one who believes her...time will tell.

I just think if she had a face like the back of a bus and sat in a corner crying no one would doubt her.
She is milking it....but that doesn't make her a liar imo.



she clearly wasn't lying about it,,,,

''Lukasz Pawel Herba, 30, a Polish national who lives in the UK, has been arrested by police and confessed to the kidnapping which investigators described as an elaborate plot that involved months of planning.  

His home in Oldbury, in the West Midlands, has been raided by British officers.

It was reported last night that Milan magistrate Dr Giovanna Campanile had ruled Mr Herba was "highly dangerous to society" and should remain in custody ahead of his trial later this year.

There is grave evidence of the guilt of the arrested person, who has admitted to the Public Prosecutor that he was involved in the kidnap," he said.

It is claimed Mr Herba has also implicated nine men in the plot, three from Birmingham, but has made no mention of Miss Ayling.''

Exactly Gelico.
She may not be acting like a traumatised victim....and she may be exceptionally pretty, but why does that make people doubt her?
If the police believe her and the kidnapper has confessed ...and this organisation 'Black death' exists...how much more proof do people  need?

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:12 am

I never said I doubted her. I merely said she never seemed like a kidnap victim aka traumatised.

Guess she's a hardy type like I said. Razz

All joking aside, some people don't get truly affected by things like others do.

_________________
Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30936
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by gelico on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, I thought you meant people who work and get paid  the national living wage.


haha, perfect example of the 'sardonic' humour we were talking about before. no bitterness or nastiness just an understanding of the system and any mockery is aimed at that very system. I like it

besides which, when all's said and done, you're bloody right

lol!

gelico

Posts : 115
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 am

eddie wrote:I never said I doubted her.  I merely said she never seemed like a kidnap victim aka traumatised.

Guess she's a hardy type like I said. Razz

All joking aside, some people don't get truly affected by things like others do.


I think it'll probably hit her when all the fuss dies down.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by gelico on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I never said I doubted her.  I merely said she never seemed like a kidnap victim aka traumatised.

Guess she's a hardy type like I said. Razz

All joking aside, some people don't get truly affected by things like others do.


I think it'll probably hit her when all the fuss dies down.


it may well do. In fact, it could do in many years time even if you think you've dealt with something

or it may well be as eddie says and it's very true that people do in fact have the ability to deal with trauma and not have it come back later to bite them in the arse

I hope so

gelico

Posts : 115
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:


I think it'll probably hit her when all the fuss dies down.


it may well do.  In fact, it could do in many years time even if you think you've dealt with something

or it may well be as eddie says and it's very true that people do in fact have the ability to deal with trauma and not have it come back later to bite them in the arse

I hope so

You and Eddie are right...and only time will tell.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Even in six days you can form a bond with someone you previously feared if you are cooped up with them 24/7....don't you watch CBB? Razz

No!

Actuallly eds, YES. Stockholm syndrome sets in with mere hostages in as little as a few hours. It is an emotional defense mechanism, in which the person develops emotional attachment with the nearest powerful adult. The condition is also called Trauma Bonding, and also Survival Identification Syndrome. It is a near immediate, visceral response.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

No!

Actuallly eds, YES.  Stockholm syndrome sets in with mere hostages in as little as a few hours.  It is an emotional defense mechanism, in which the person develops emotional attachment with the nearest powerful adult. The condition is also called Trauma Bonding, and also Survival Identification Syndrome.  It is a near immediate, visceral response.

Thanks for that Quill.
I had no idea how long it took, but its certainly a recognised condition.

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Model Chloe talks about her ordeal on 'This Morning' TV.

I still think if she was less pretty and not as eager to take all the publicity so well more people would believe her.


_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Police and military interrogators rely on trauma bonding to remarkably good effect when they play good cop/bad cop.  An identification bomd develops between the interrogee and the specified good cop.

This is just Stockholm Syndrome in another facet.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:Police and military interrogators rely on trauma bonding to remarkably good effect when they play good cop/bad cop.  An identification bomd develops between the interrogee and the specified good cop.

This is just Stockholm Syndrome in another facet.

Yep...it works the same on forums too...Good mod bad mod. Laughing

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Police and military interrogators rely on trauma bonding to remarkably good effect when they play good cop/bad cop.  An identification bomd develops between the interrogee and the specified good cop.

This is just Stockholm Syndrome in another facet.

Yep...it works the same on forums too...Good mod bad mod. Laughing

Shocked Are you suggesting that eddie and vic are fooking with our minds.

tongue

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Syl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yep...it works the same on forums too...Good mod bad mod. Laughing

Shocked   Are you suggesting that eddie and vic are fooking with our minds.  

tongue

silent

Actually I was thinking of another time and another place....but it probably applies on every forum. Razz

_________________
My body is in Manchester (sometimes) my mind's all over the place (always)
Happy now??
avatar
Syl

Posts : 11055
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Shocked   Are you suggesting that eddie and vic are fooking with our minds.  

tongue

silent

Actually I was thinking of another time and another place....but it probably applies on every forum. Razz

If you're talking about Speak Freely (SF), everybody was a mod except Wolf and me. Doesn't count. Laughing

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Police and military interrogators rely on trauma bonding to remarkably good effect when they play good cop/bad cop.  An identification bomd develops between the interrogee and the specified good cop.

This is just Stockholm Syndrome in another facet.

Yep...it works the same on forums too...Good mod bad mod. Laughing

Shocked   Are you suggesting that eddie and vic are fooking with our minds.  

tongue

that pre supposes there is a mind available to fook with in the first place...By THAT measure Quill. I'd say you were pretty safe


_________________
If at any time in 2016 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up buttercup, cause 2017 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


Difficile est meminisse officium paludes siccare , cum de nocte surrexeritis et asinus tuus alligators ....(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 8520
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slavery is alive and well in the UK 2017.

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Shocked   Are you suggesting that eddie and vic are fooking with our minds.  

tongue

that pre supposes there is a mind available to fook with in the first place...By THAT measure Quill. I'd say you were pretty safe

Haha...sounds pretty Republican.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

"...thought before action" ― Sheldon Wolin

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

Original Quill

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum