Charlie Gard must be moved to a hospice soon then have his life support switched off almost straight away, High Court judge rules as he denies parents' 'final wish' for extra days with their terminally-ill son

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charlie Gard must be moved to a hospice soon then have his life support switched off almost straight away, High Court judge rules as he denies parents' 'final wish' for extra days with their terminally-ill son

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Charlie Gard should be moved to a hospice as soon as possible and his life support removed soon after, a judge ruled today.
His parents were not granted their wish to spend several days at the hospice with their terminally-ill son under skilled care.
Instead Mr Justice Francis sided with Great Ormond Street Hospital experts who believe extending his life will only cause him more pain.
Charlie will now be moved to the hospice in a secret location before his first birthday next week and his life support will be ended a few hours later, meaning he will inevitably die.
His parents' last wishes were to spend several days together there before letting him 'slip away'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4735542/Final-deadline-passes-Charlie-Gard.html
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charlie Gard must be moved to a hospice soon then have his life support switched off almost straight away, High Court judge rules as he denies parents' 'final wish' for extra days with their terminally-ill son

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I know this is an agonising thing for the parents, but this poor baby has suffered enough and how much more will they put him through? I think, now, the Judge has ruled correctly, and it's time to say Goodbye.
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charlie Gard must be moved to a hospice soon then have his life support switched off almost straight away, High Court judge rules as he denies parents' 'final wish' for extra days with their terminally-ill son

Post by magica on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:33 pm

It's all very sad, but sadly nothing more can be done for Charlie. The parents now have to let him go, with their love.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Sometimes, nature knows best. I hope they find a way through this.

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:04 pm

In the mean time another seriously ill child who may have a chance of life is denied it because the life saving equipment is unavailable?
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Its front page news again, this whole thing has turned into a media circus, and sadly, the baby is the helpless soul torn between this sad war between his parents and the medical experts who are not emotionally involved and have done their best.....and know nothing else can be done.

Time to let go.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Pity that GOSH presided over the breakdown of the relationship between the staff and parents creating mutual distrust and it all got rather ugly in the end. Sad  With accusations & counter accusations. How did that happen in an institution that has so many decades of experience, and  world wide fame?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Why have they got to send him to a hospice?

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Charlie is at peace at last.
I hope that will bring some comfort to his family.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:20 pm

I just read that he died. I hope that his parents will let him go now, and not start recriminations directed at the hospital. He had a genetic condition which was very serious, and that was just nature. It was either because they're both carrying the recessive gene, or it was a spontaneous mutation of some kind. Whatever treatment he might have had, nothing could change the fact that he had this serious condition.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top