I've got a novel idea....?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

How about we don't allow all our petty squabbles that date back to the 1900's ruin yet another forum?

How about waving that old, booger-ridden white hankie and saying.... "Hey friend, let's start again?"

I bet half of us can't even remember who started it.

I'll hold out the olive branch  ::=|Q:: 




Is this a cock-growing emoticon?  ::lies::  I'm not sure when I'll use it but I do very much like it.
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:45 am

Vintage wrote:Just because people criticise religious practise/political ideas/culture/customs that they don't feel is right or have a place in today's world doesn't mean they hate all the people involved in them and hate is a fairly strong word. I thoroughly dislike forced marriage/child marriage/honour killing/female genital mutilation all things that have come to Britain recently and are increasing/The KKK/cults/ global corporations who operate all over the world hiring and firing and closing places of work anywhere and any time without so much as a thought for what happens to the workers/pink pride parades with people wearing very little and behaving in ways that surely outrage public decency and such organisations to name but a few things I'd like to see the end of, does that make me a bigoted- zenophobic -racist- homophobe?


Nothing wrong with being critical of many things, what is important though is how you deal with things we need to change. If your view is to entice fear of a group, because some of that group may practice something you dislike and your true intention is to deny people coming here or to force a group to leave on nothing more than associating all due to the actions of some. Then your issue is not the practice you find wrong but you find the group of people themselves as wrong and by pushing the problem away you do not resolve it. So if you use something as a means, claiming you are being critical when your intention is nothing more than the removal of people say for example if they are religious, then you are very much xenophobic.
If you are critical with the intention to help do something about changing this with education and working with these communities, then the purpose of your criticism is very helpful and constructive. It seeks to help that community.

So yes not much wrong about being critical, there is when the criticism is basing fear and loathing onto people because the person being critical is racist, homophobic and xenophobic. Those that do that, are really not concerned about the practice they just hate the people and the reality is of the ones who are racist and xenophobic their criticism should start with themselves, being as they can be generally are frustrated with their own lives. Jealousy of others. having unmet goals, general unhappiness, anger, Self- loathing, feeling taken advantage of by other people, feeling unlucky or cursed in some way, inferiority complex, lack of self-confidence.

As seen it is easy to be critical from the person who is critical of a group, to being critical of the person being critical of the group, so constructive criticism is best way to be critical, so I agree with you Vintage, you have a right to be critical of practices or things you do not like, but people also have a right to be critical of those doing the criticism if their real motive is racism, xenophobia and homophobia.

So from your answers no it does not make you so, because you want to see the end of the practice, not the group of people

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:31 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Vintage wrote:Just because people criticise religious practise/political ideas/culture/customs that they don't feel is right or have a place in today's world doesn't mean they hate all the people involved in them and hate is a fairly strong word. I thoroughly dislike forced marriage/child marriage/honour killing/female genital mutilation all things that have come to Britain recently and are increasing/The KKK/cults/ global corporations who operate all over the world hiring and firing and closing places of work anywhere and any time without so much as a thought for what happens to the workers/pink pride parades with people wearing very little and behaving in ways that surely outrage public decency and such organisations to name but a few things I'd like to see the end of, does that make me a bigoted- zenophobic -racist- homophobe?


Nothing wrong with being critical of many things, what is important though is how you deal with things we need to change. If your view is to entice fear of a group, because some of that group may practice something you dislike and your true intention is to deny people coming here or to force a group to leave on nothing more than  associating all due to the actions of some. Then your issue is not the practice you find wrong but you find the group of people themselves as wrong and by pushing the problem away you do not resolve it. So if you use something as a means, claiming you are being critical when your intention is nothing more than the removal of people say for example if they are religious, then you are very much xenophobic.
If you are critical with the intention to help do something about changing this with education and working with these communities, then the purpose of your criticism is very helpful and constructive. It seeks to help that community.

So yes not much wrong about being critical, there is when the criticism is basing fear and loathing onto people because the person being critical is racist, homophobic and xenophobic. Those that do that, are really not concerned about the practice they just hate the people and the reality is of the ones who are racist and xenophobic their criticism should start with themselves, being as they can be generally are frustrated with their own lives. Jealousy of others. having unmet goals, general unhappiness, anger, Self- loathing, feeling taken advantage of by other people, feeling unlucky or cursed in some way, inferiority complex, lack of self-confidence.

As seen it is easy to be critical from the person who is critical of a group, to being critical of the person being critical of the group, so constructive criticism is best way to be critical, so I agree with you Vintage, you have a right to be critical of practices or things you do not like, but people also have a right to be critical of those doing the criticism if their real motive is racism, xenophobia and homophobia.

So from your answers no it does not make you so, because you want to see the end of the practice, not the group of people
What a good post from Vintage. Reflects my views 100%. As to your reply Didge, the point is that you and other pc thinking lefties see our views as SIXHIRB whenever we criticize any of the things Vintage mentioned.

p.s. Your paragraph: "As seen it is easy to be critical from the person who is critical of a group, to being critical of the person being critical of the group, so constructive criticism is best way to be critical," - back to school with you!


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:44 am

Tess. wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


Nothing wrong with being critical of many things, what is important though is how you deal with things we need to change. If your view is to entice fear of a group, because some of that group may practice something you dislike and your true intention is to deny people coming here or to force a group to leave on nothing more than  associating all due to the actions of some. Then your issue is not the practice you find wrong but you find the group of people themselves as wrong and by pushing the problem away you do not resolve it. So if you use something as a means, claiming you are being critical when your intention is nothing more than the removal of people say for example if they are religious, then you are very much xenophobic.
If you are critical with the intention to help do something about changing this with education and working with these communities, then the purpose of your criticism is very helpful and constructive. It seeks to help that community.

So yes not much wrong about being critical, there is when the criticism is basing fear and loathing onto people because the person being critical is racist, homophobic and xenophobic. Those that do that, are really not concerned about the practice they just hate the people and the reality is of the ones who are racist and xenophobic their criticism should start with themselves, being as they can be generally are frustrated with their own lives. Jealousy of others. having unmet goals, general unhappiness, anger, Self- loathing, feeling taken advantage of by other people, feeling unlucky or cursed in some way, inferiority complex, lack of self-confidence.

As seen it is easy to be critical from the person who is critical of a group, to being critical of the person being critical of the group, so constructive criticism is best way to be critical, so I agree with you Vintage, you have a right to be critical of practices or things you do not like, but people also have a right to be critical of those doing the criticism if their real motive is racism, xenophobia and homophobia.

So from your answers no it does not make you so, because you want to see the end of the practice, not the group of people
What a good post from Vintage.  Reflects my views 100%.  As to your reply Didge, the point is that you and other pc thinking lefties see our views as SIXHIRB whenever we criticize any of the things Vintage mentioned.

p.s.  Your paragraph:  "As seen it is easy to be critical from the person who is critical of a group, to being critical of the person being critical of the group, so constructive criticism is best way to be critical," - back to school with you!



Oh dear Tess with her pointless drivel all she can bang on about is grammar, very amusing and ignore the many points made. Then makes absurd claims to PC when none are being made when what is being pointed out is some people for example racists poorly use the argument of being critical of something as a means to entice a dislike to a group of people, this is a fact. People are also entitled to critcise those who are critical, as the same logic applies 

For one please point out anywhere I am being PC in my reply

Second I pointed out constructive criticism is beneficial as it serves to help an issue

Second the use of SIXHIRB is also idiotic, being as I do not do stereotypes as you do Tess, as already stated many people with RW views do not hold racist, homophobic ect type views. Only idiots seek to stereotype each other failing to actually debate the issues as you are doing now by deflecting with idiotic sterotypes.

I think Vintage post was good hence why I did say that her answers did not make her a racist, homophobe or bigot, showing as usual you get it always wrong.

Cannot wait to see this PC I wrote here, take your time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Dean always said "Leave your baggage at the door"

It's probably what we teach out children, so why not teach ourselves?
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:Dean always said "Leave your baggage at the door"

It's probably what we teach out children, so why not teach ourselves?

It depends.........

Im usually very easy going but when posters get personal with me i cant forgive them. Telling me my kids are terrorists and when are they going to be blown up is something im not going to forget in a hurry.


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2899
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:53 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
eddie wrote:Dean always said "Leave your baggage at the door"

It's probably what we teach out children, so why not teach ourselves?

It depends.........

Im usually very easy going but when posters get personal with me i cant forgive them. Telling me my kids are terrorists and when are they going to be blown up is something im not going to forget in a hurry.


Fair enough but I just don't care what people say to me really.
I don't think half the time people realise, or even mean, what they say.
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

It depends.........

Im usually very easy going but when posters get personal with me i cant forgive them. Telling me my kids are terrorists and when are they going to be blown up is something im not going to forget in a hurry.


Fair enough but I just don't care what people say to me really.
I don't think half the time people realise, or even mean, what they say.

Forgive me Eddie, perhaps that's because you aren't part of a minority that has been discriminated against, you may have a very thick skin, you may not have had to suffer constant abuse...etc..

Not everyone can aspire to your merits, and i don't mean that in a nasty way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 am

Catman wrote:
eddie wrote:

Fair enough but I just don't care what people say to me really.
I don't think half the time people realise, or even mean, what they say.

Forgive me Eddie, perhaps that's because you aren't part of a minority that has been discriminated against, you may have a very thick skin, you may not have had to suffer constant abuse...etc..

Not everyone can aspire to your merits, and i don't mean that in a nasty way.


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:07 am

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

Forgive me Eddie, perhaps that's because you aren't part of a minority that has been discriminated against, you may have a very thick skin, you may not have had to suffer constant abuse...etc..

Not everyone can aspire to your merits, and i don't mean that in a nasty way.


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x

Oh I think people telling you what your daughter would look like if you dug her up manage it quite well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 am

I think something that's being missed here is that you're not really a very good person if you say things just to get a negative reaction out of others. Call me an idealist ...

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24857
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 am

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x

Oh I think people telling you what your daughter would look like if you dug her up manage it quite well.


Sassy, I think that says more about that person's state of mind at time of posting than your sensitivities towards it. They're a little sick, you're not.
I'm also sure your daughter would tell you not to sweat it, as Angels are notoriously beautiful, both inside and out :-)
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:11 am

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x

Oh I think people telling you what your daughter would look like if you dug her up manage it quite well.


Truly awful, sickening evil minds.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:13 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Oh I think people telling you what your daughter would look like if you dug her up manage it quite well.


Sassy, I think that says more about that person's state of mind at time of posting than your sensitivities towards it. They're a little sick, you're not.
I'm also sure your daughter would tell you not to sweat it, as Angels are notoriously beautiful, both inside and out  :-)

And she was/is that, but it's not something I'll ever forgive, or forget.

Any way, change of subject required, doing any singing at the mo?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 am

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:


Sassy, I think that says more about that person's state of mind at time of posting than your sensitivities towards it. They're a little sick, you're not.
I'm also sure your daughter would tell you not to sweat it, as Angels are notoriously beautiful, both inside and out  :-)

And she was/is that, but it's not something I'll ever forgive, or forget.

Any way, change of subject required, doing any singing at the mo?


No, too busy with the little madam Jasmine. She is a happy chilled out little girl but loves to go to all the singing and dancing clubs for toddlers so I'm not singing my stuff but erm....the wheels on the bus go round and round......and Old McDonald had a bloody farm....

We still have a jam after a couple of whiskeys (me and OH not Jasmine lol)
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 am

That will keep you going for now. Glad she is doing ok, my eldest grandson was 21 on New Year's Eve!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 am

Sassy wrote:That will keep you going for now.   Glad she is doing ok, my eldest grandson was 21 on New Year's Eve!  

Wow. Bet you feel old seeing that! Hahahahaha
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:That will keep you going for now.   Glad she is doing ok, my eldest grandson was 21 on New Year's Eve!  

Wow. Bet you feel old seeing that! Hahahahaha

Told him to keep his pecker in his trousers or well wrapped, I am NOT going to be a great grandmother lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:23 am

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Wow. Bet you feel old seeing that! Hahahahaha

Told him to keep his pecker in his trousers or well wrapped, I am NOT going to be a great grandmother lol

 Shocked 
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:27 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Told him to keep his pecker in his trousers or well wrapped, I am NOT going to be a great grandmother lol

 Shocked 

Lol, we can talk about anything.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by gerber on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:44 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

And she was/is that, but it's not something I'll ever forgive, or forget.

Any way, change of subject required, doing any singing at the mo?


No, too busy with the little madam Jasmine. She is a happy chilled out little girl but loves to go to all the singing and dancing clubs for toddlers so I'm not singing my stuff but erm....the wheels on the bus go round and round......and Old McDonald had a bloody farm....

We still have a jam after a couple of whiskeys (me and OH not Jasmine lol)

I hate history. I hate age. Sad me remembers discussing daughters possible name....................Was that yesterday ?

crickey...........Tempus fugit


_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by eddie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 am

gerber wrote:
eddie wrote:


No, too busy with the little madam Jasmine. She is a happy chilled out little girl but loves to go to all the singing and dancing clubs for toddlers so I'm not singing my stuff but erm....the wheels on the bus go round and round......and Old McDonald had a bloody farm....

We still have a jam after a couple of whiskeys (me and OH not Jasmine lol)

I hate history.  I hate age.  Sad me   remembers discussing daughters possible name....................Was that yesterday ?

crickey...........Tempus fugit



Lol Gerbs it was over two years ago
You are going senile lovey....
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 am

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

Forgive me Eddie, perhaps that's because you aren't part of a minority that has been discriminated against, you may have a very thick skin, you may not have had to suffer constant abuse...etc..

Not everyone can aspire to your merits, and i don't mean that in a nasty way.


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x

100% agree

Fuck everyone else  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18750
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:


No I don't suppose you do Phil.
Thing is, the only people that should be able to hurt you are the people you love.

Everyone else's insults are meaningless x

100% agree

Fuck everyone else  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

It is true. The ones we are close to or have been close to are the ones who know how to really hurt you.
I think 'it says far more about them than you' is an excellent point. Some people are just foul.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: I've got a novel idea....?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum